Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) (52147 Views)

Infinix Note 7 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) / TECNO Camon 15 Premier Unboxing, First Impressions And Review + Price (photos) / Nokia 2.3 Unboxing And Impressions Video - Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Eniola40(m): 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
I am jobless currently, i can't afford it cry cry
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by nairatag: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
henry007:
More pics - Comparison

Which game is this henry007
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by uk10(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2020
i know this is not the thread for it,but has anyone used the nokia x5 for more than a year and it lasted without charging port problems and have they fixed this issue in the latest batch of nokia x5
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Flytime: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Apination:

Okay, the truth is alot of people in my area have switched to Nokia based on my experience and non has had this complaint. The difference is very clear from their experience with those Chinese garbage undecided
True i guess.... the chipset probably couldn't handle the 2.3 demands well....anyway like I said up there I heard they are partnering with Snapdragon so I guess its good bye to mediatek for you guys.

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Elgaxton(m): 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
henry007:
iPhone 11 Pro camera vs Nokia 5.3 + GCAM

When it comes to picture quality and and camera strenght, give it to NOKIA any day, I mean their phone cameras are made by ZEISS Camera. If Nokia says it is 5MP, it is definitely 5MP unlike these new phones that just mention numbers any how because there is no physical instrument to measure cams. As for now, I am enjoying my REDMI Note 9 Pro until further notice. smiley

6 Likes

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2020
femi4:
People love using latest gadget. No matter how good a phone is, you ll get bored of it after 6months

6 months too long sef

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by raphieMontella: 6:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
henry007:
Nokia 5.3 'Charcoal Black' unboxing and review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGR-b4FaIuk

The Nokia 5.3 is the successor of the Nokia 5.1 Plus or X5 from 2 years ago and while it may have been delayed, it's still only an incremental upgrade over the Nokia 5.1 Plus, one that is no longer compact, has a better camera with support for GCAM, bigger battery and will get at least, the Android 12 in 2022 or 2023 (whatever the case may be).

Also users haven't reported charging port issues on the Nokia 5.3 like they did on its predecessor, which is a good sign. HMD Global has been consistently releasing smartphones on Android One Program and has perfected a lot of things. The video should help you decide if the Nokia 5.3 is the right budget phone for you buy or not.

I compared photos shot on the Nokia 5.3 default camera with GCAM and GCAM vs iPhone 11 Pro, see screenshots from video below.

Price - N79,000 (6GB/64GB)
where can I download GCAM from please
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Adex2442: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Crap phone
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by blingxx(m): 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
EyezofGod120:
Nokia don cast jor
see this one undecided ....
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Pharaohny: 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2020
Mustiboy:

His beards are okay. I really don't know why you guys can't mind your effing business.

And I think the reason he takes pictures close to his beards is to reveal the clarity of the camera. As you can see in the pictures above, the stock camera didn't capture much details of his beards, but Gcam did.

The guy is an idiot you don't need to reply him

From what I can deduce, the indoor performance of the Nokia 5.3's camera—with Gcam support—is better than that of the iPhone 11 Pro. Expensive doesn't always mean better.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 6:32pm On Aug 16, 2020
EyezofGod120:
Nokia don cast jor
you don't know what you're missing out on new gen Nokia especially this model. You need to see the power button charging & mssg LED notification in the dark. You'd be the envy of your world.
The UI is as smooth as butter. Ultrawide screen display. Fast response. 2 days battery life. Great video recording with superb audio clarity. (In fact, i use it for mini videography work).
Camera is great with dedicated macro, wide angle and telephoto lenses, but not as awesome as models incorporated with the Zeiss lens.
The phone acts up occasionally - freezing. But it's just typical of Android. An update or restart easily fixes these.

Learn not to downplay things you're ignorant about!

1 Like

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by henry007(m): 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
raphieMontella:
where can I download GCAM from please

The link is on my pinned comment on YouTube.

nairatag:

Which game is this henry007

PUBG
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2020
OLAMINREWA:
Rubbish.. I'm still regretting Nokia 2.3 that I bought last week. It hangs like umbrella in the rain
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by naturefellow(m): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
OLAMINREWA:
Rubbish.. I'm still regretting Nokia 2.3 that I bought last week. It hangs like umbrella in the rain
only low-end Nokia models gives such issues. Try go big!
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by meeky007(m): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
rowland545:
Y do I keep seeing same facial expressions on all your reviews? ....and also same cloth...

Anyway that aside as barbing salon no near your side....were dem day sell shaving stick suppose day naa...

No vex oooh I day like ask questions
I thought I was d only one that noticed
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Topmaike007(m): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2020
henry007:
iPhone 11 Pro camera vs Nokia 5.3 + GCAM
comparing iPhone to android is disrespectful
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by ONYEBUCHI93: 6:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice one for the Nokia 5.3.

Pls, which is better between Redmi note 9/Note 8 and Nokia 5.3?

Between these two companies, which produces stronger phones with good camera and battery? Especially their phones that are in the same price range.

I would prefer someone who have used both devices.
Thanks for your good response
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Fiscabally(m): 6:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nice One
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by icankel: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
naturefellow:
you don't know what you're missing out on new gen Nokia especially this model. You need to see the power button charging & mssg LED even in the dark. You'd be the envy of your world.
The UI is as smooth as butter. Ultra wide display. Fast response. 2 days battery life. Great video recording with superb audio clarity. Camera is great with dedicated macro, wide angle and telephoto lenses, but not as awesome as models incorporated with the Zeiss lens.

is it a dual sim?
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Nickxander11(m): 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
naturefellow:
you don't know what you're missing out on new gen Nokia especially this model. You need to see the power button charging & mssg LED notification in the dark. You'd be the envy of your world.
The UI is as smooth as butter. Ultra wide display. Fast response. 2 days battery life. Great video recording with superb audio clarity. Camera is great with dedicated macro, wide angle and telephoto lenses, but not as awesome as models incorporated with the Zeiss lens.

Mehn you no lie, my 7.2 just dey do me well!

Battery life= solid
Speed =solid
Camera = Solid

Infact they phone is superb.wasnt cool with it after I bought it but currently the phone just dey romance me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by icankel: 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
naturefellow:

is it a dual sim
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by franzis(m): 7:30pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nokia 5.3 case + screen guard available
Price : N4000
Orde online @ www.bestprice.ng
Call/WhatsApp 080-6583-3184 to order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
naturefellow:

Have they fixed the charging port issue this thing dey fear man
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 7:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
henry007:
Nokia 5.3 'Charcoal Black' unboxing and review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGR-b4FaIuk

The Nokia 5.3 is the successor of the Nokia 5.1 Plus or X5 from 2 years ago and while it may have been delayed, it's still only an incremental upgrade over the Nokia 5.1 Plus, one that is no longer compact, has a better camera with support for GCAM, bigger battery and will get at least, the Android 12 in 2022 or 2023 (whatever the case may be).

Also users haven't reported charging port issues on the Nokia 5.3 like they did on its predecessor, which is a good sign. HMD Global has been consistently releasing smartphones on Android One Program and has perfected a lot of things. The video should help you decide if the Nokia 5.3 is the right budget phone for you buy or not.

I compared photos shot on the Nokia 5.3 default camera with GCAM and GCAM vs iPhone 11 Pro, see screenshots from video below.

Price - N79,000 (6GB/64GB)
With what am seeing here these are moderate specs but why this nokia 5.3 cost like this too expensive, slot is 82k self
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Asour: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2020
skywalker240:
Nice one,

you should be doing more reviews of other brands.

and not those stupid scam of the 21st century called Tecno and Infinix from Transsision.

Hahaha!

Nokia is more or less a Chinese brand these days.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by uk10(m): 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
abeg who still has the nokia x5 here and it lasted for 1 year without charging port problems
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Offpoint: 7:55pm On Aug 16, 2020
joycegurl:
if only wishes were horses men would ride
Why are you so beautiful? Kindly explain in 5 sentences
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by matthewbrian150: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2020
Mustiboy:

His beards are okay. I really don't know why you guys can't mind your effing business.

And I think the reason he takes pictures close to his beards is to reveal the clarity of the camera. As you can see in the pictures above, the stock camera didn't capture much details of his beards, but Gcam did.

From what I can deduce, the indoor performance of the Nokia 5.3's camera—with Gcam support—is better than that of the iPhone 11 Pro. Expensive doesn't always mean better.

Please...
The moniker you quoted stated an obvious fact. The OP looks unkempt. Stop supporting mediocrity.
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by joycegurl: 8:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Offpoint:
Why are you so beautiful? Kindly explain in 5 sentences
hmmm
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by donkossy(m): 8:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
allandutch:
This guy too like im beard.
wait till yiu see mine
Re: Nokia 5.3 Unboxing, First Impressions And Full Review + Price (photos) by Offpoint: 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
joycegurl:
hmmm
Lol, I said 'in 5 sentences' and you said "hmmm"?

By the way, can we be friends? Might learn from you and you from me... One can never say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Takes Android To Computer Village For Fixing & Returns With Iphone (vid) / Iphone 14: India Man Flies To Dubai To Buy Apple Gadget Early ( Photo ) / Galaxy Tab S2: Samsung Announces Its Slimmest Tablet Ever [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.