Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,396 members, 7,781,136 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:35 AM

Does God Really Know The Future? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Know The Future? (12778 Views)

Is God Really Omniscient?? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Is The Throne Of God? Does God Literally Have A Throne? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
Lifepodcastng:
Unquote your post please, I will like to ask you some questions.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by MuttleyLaff: 12:30am On Sep 22, 2020
Haylel:
"Yes, God saw every change David will make including consulting Him. The responsibility of anything God saw was David's: whatever David DID was what God saw!"- Shadeyinka

1. According to you, it was by foreknowledge God said to David "He(I.e Saul) WILL come"... Also, it was by foreknowledge God said of Keilah " They (Keilah) WILL surrender you ".
(I say this as a man)... Do you realize what just happened? IF it was by foreknowledge, God LIED to David!
What God saw from the eternal past was not " Saul coming to Keilah" but "Saul halting his plan to come when he heard the news that David has escaped". However, when David asked God if Saul WILL come, God said something not in the account of His foreknowledge.
You were forewarned not to push God's reply to David as from His foreknowing ability. Now, your belief in foreknowledge has made God a Liar

2. The belief in an existent future will automatically mean God himself has a future. You dabbled with English, threw unrelated scriptures and wrote in bolded " My dear, God does not have a future only man does ".
However, it was obvious that God's ordeal with Moses was an account that was YET TO HAPPEN at the time of Abraham. Thus, His ordeals with Moses was a Future account (I.e. what will happen in time) at the time of Abraham. Such ordeal (provided a future exist) is nothing else (no matter how you try to sugar coat it) but God's own future.
Now, if the Most High himself has a future;
I. Did he foreknow (without ordaining it) his future or did he by His own will ordain his future?
(Another brotherly advice: You will be quick to chose option 2 since it kind of secure God's control... However, you will have no choice than to end up admitting that God writing his own script will indirectly and simultaneously cause the script of the other creature to be his doing)

3. You haven't answered this
- At what point did/does God foreknow the future of everything?
"“The rich man shouted,
‘Father Abraham, have some pity!
Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue.
I am in anguish in these flames.’
"
- Luke 16:24

God, without a point and or without any particular moment in time foreknow the future of everything

I have taken the liberty to answer your question, now here's where you reciprocate and answer my question, which is:
How did/does the rich man, in Luke 16:24 seen above, without any physical sensory organ and/or without any direct connecting interaction with a physical body know that he needs to be refreshed and cooled down with water?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 12:40am On Sep 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"“The rich man shouted,
‘Father Abraham, have some pity!
Send Lazarus over here to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue.
I am in anguish in these flames.’
"
- Luke 16:24

God, without a point and or without any particular moment in time foreknow the future of everything
This is unscriptural, unreasonable and illogical. There was no point, no time, no dispensation, no eternal past, nothing at all when God knows the future? You can do better please.

I have taken the liberty to answer your question, now here's where you reciprocate and answer my question, which is:
How did/does the rich man, in Luke 16:24 seen above, without any physical sensory organ and/or without any direct connecting interaction with a physical body know that he needs to be refreshed and cooled down with water?
1. That was a parable
2. The answer is subjected to the details the narrator of the parable gave;
I.e.In this case, the rich man most likely had a form (it could be a physical body or something else) , that form is able (just like a typical physical body) to feel.
How did he recognize Lazarus?
How did he recognize Abraham?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 12:44am On Sep 22, 2020
I still need Shadeyinka's explanation for;
1/why God LIED to David... (Remember, God does not tell lies!)
2/ who ordained God's future
3/ at what point in time does God foreknow the future of everything.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The idea of future comes sweet in the box-to-box frame. However, if we are to stretch farther and go deeper, it crumbles easily like a pack of cards.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 8:30am On Sep 22, 2020
@Haylel
"Yes, God saw every change David will make including consulting Him. The responsibility of anything God saw was David's: whatever David DID was what God saw!"- Shadeyinka

1. According to you, it was by foreknowledge God said to David "He(I.e Saul) WILL come"... Also, it was by foreknowledge God said of Keilah " They (Keilah) WILL surrender you ".
(I say this as a man)... Do you realize what just happened? IF it was by foreknowledge, God LIED to David!

You were forewarned not to push God's reply to David as from His foreknowing ability. Now, your belief in foreknowledge has made God a Liar

MY RESPONSE:
If the future was cast in stone, God would have lied. But emphatically I have said it times without number on this thread: The future isn't cast in stone.

With that in mind, read this again:

@Haylel
2. The belief in an existent future will automatically mean God himself has a future. You dabbled with English, threw unrelated scriptures and wrote in bolded " My dear, God does not have a future only man does ".
However, it was obvious that God's ordeal with Moses was an account that was YET TO HAPPEN at the time of Abraham. Thus, His ordeals with Moses was a Future account (I.e. what will happen in time) at the time of Abraham. Such ordeal (provided a future exist) is nothing else (no matter how you try to sugar coat it) but God's own future.

MY RESPONSE:
You are still locked into your EXISTENT FUTURE misconception. The future is not FIXED. I do NOT believe in a fixed future!

God is the same YESTERDAY, TODAY and FOREVER. How then can He have a Future.
Heb 13:8:
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Your error and misconception sir!

@Haylel
3. You haven't answered this- At what point did/does God foreknow the future of everything?
[/quote]
From the eternal past!

Rev 13:8:
"And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."
Rom 8:29-30:
"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."

Is God Omnipresent?
How is it possible?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2020
Blabbermouth:
I still need Shadeyinka's explanation for;
1/why God LIED to David... (Remember, God does not tell lies!)
2/ who ordained God's future
3/ at what point in time does God foreknow the future of everything.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The idea of future comes sweet in the box-to-box frame. However, if we are to stretch farther and go deeper, it crumbles easily like a pack of cards.
I have answered @Haylel for these three questions based on his misconception that the future is cast in stone.

Have I ever insinuated that the future is fixed?

Then I asked:
Is God Omnipresent?
How is it possible?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2020
shadeyinka:

Let me quote this first...
Now, let's see

MY RESPONSE:
If the future was cast in stone, God would have lied. But emphatically I have said it times without number on this thread: The future isn't cast in stone.
The future isn't cast in stones because it is subjected to CHANGES! However, you yourself claimed this...
That is to say from the eternal past and in God's foreseeing abilities, even the CHANGES have been calculated and thus, God has a CONSTANT AND ABSOLUTE ACCOUNT OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN (This one is constant and not subjected to changes, why? Because God saw every single changes just as you've claimed).
After every change and move, God in the eternal past foresaw this "Saul planned to come to come to keilah and will turn back because he will hear the news that David had already left keilah. In summary, He (Saul) WILL NOT come... That was the constant account that was to happen (every single change has been calculated). God said something 100% opposite to what he saw, and it was a LIE.(I speak as a man)
Give up bro, either God can lie or that wasn't foreknowledge. Which one will you pick, the fire or the hot frying pan?

However, it was obvious that God's ordeal with Moses was an account that was YET TO HAPPEN at the time of Abraham. Thus, His ordeals with Moses was a Future account (I.e. what will happen in time) at the time of Abraham. Such ordeal (provided a future exist) is nothing else (no matter how you try to sugar coat it) but God's own future.[/i]
MY RESPONSE:
You are still locked into your EXISTENT FUTURE misconception. The future is not FIXED. I do NOT believe in a fixed future!

God is the same YESTERDAY, TODAY and FOREVER. How then can He have a Future.
Heb 13:8:
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

Your error and misconception sir!
The Scriptures will never go out of its tune to help you. How does Christ being the same yesterday, today and forever... negate the fact that God's account/ordeal with Moses was a future (What WILL happen) event as at the time of Abraham? Uhn, how sir, how?
It is what it is bro, things don't just vanish because you wish them to. The same plate you dish out to God's creature to claim they all have a future that can be foreseen, that same plate works well logically, scripturally, reasonably to also imply that God himself has a future. The casting in stones or not casting in stones of the future also does nothing to negate that fact.
You can choose to skip this part when you leave a reply, the message has been passed and you will have to throw out reasoning, logic and Scriptures if you want to claim something contrary to that.

@Haylel
3. You haven't answered this- At what point did/does God foreknow the future of everything?

From the eternal past!

Rev 13:8:
"And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."
Rom 8:29-30:
"For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified."
God foreknows the future from the eternal past? You don't have that far-sight to see the consequences of this statement, do you? If I should pull this string again, I know you still won't admit to certain facts and then use English to find a soft landing for yourself.
PS: If you have given me strong facts (from Scriptures, Reasoning or logic) to believe that a future actually exist, I would have admitted to being incomplete with my understanding or if ego will take over, I would have concurred codedly, give a " I will go dig deeper " kind of remark and drop no more comment.
I do not expect you to admit 100% for now, (to be honest, there is one tiny piece i am still looking for) but as time goes on, the truth will dawn on you.

Is God Omnipresent?
How is it possible?
Omnipresent? He can be in all place or say be everywhere? Yes.
Is this perception of omnipresence what you are talking about?
cc: kkins25
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2020
@Blabbermouth

Let me quote this first...

Now, let's see

The future isn't cast in stones because it is subjected to CHANGES! However, you yourself claimed this...

That is to say from the eternal past and in God's foreseeing abilities, even the CHANGES have been calculated and thus, God has a CONSTANT AND ABSOLUTE ACCOUNT OF WHAT WILL HAPPEN (This one is constant and not subjected to changes, why? Because God saw every single changes just as you've claimed).
Still basking in your errors!

In simple English. It is YOUR choices and ACTIONS that is seen by God NOT what you WILL do? Your choices and actions are WITHIN your control.

If David had stayed in Keliah (which was within David's power to do), Saul would have come down against him and the Keliahnites would have betrayed him.

God was asked Questions:
1. Will Saul come down?
God should have said: I don't know the future, Saul is MOST LIKELY coming down.
But that wasn't His answer: God said with affirmation "Saul will come down"!
2. Will the Keliahnites betray me?

If God didn't know the future, those responses would have been guesswork. If it was a forthtelling, then it would have been a lie.

@Blabbermouth

God foreknows the future from the eternal past? You don't have that far-sight to see the consequences of this statement, do you? If I should pull this string again, I know you still won't admit to certain facts and then use English to find a soft landing for yourself.
PS: If you have given me strong facts (from Scriptures, Reasoning or logic) to believe that a future actually exist, I would have admitted to being incomplete with my understanding or if ego will take over, I would have concurred codedly, give a " I will go dig deeper " kind of remark and drop no more comment.
I do not expect you to admit 100% for now, (to be honest, there is one tiny piece i am still looking for) but as time goes on, the truth will dawn on you.

Omnipresent? He can be in all place or say be everywhere? Yes.
Is this perception of omnipresence what you are talking about?
Check out the @red
It seems you are bent on forcing me to say the future already exists!

That has been the bone of your misconception
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:43am On Sep 22, 2020
shadeyinka:
@Blabbermouth
In simple English. It is YOUR choices and ACTIONS that is seen by God NOT what you WILL do? Your choices and actions are WITHIN your control.
1. CHOICES, ACTIOINS and WHAT I WILL DO are not independent of each other, are they?
2. This is a new set entirely, are you saying WHAT I WILL DO is not seen by God?

If David had stayed in Keliah (which was within David's power to do), Saul would have come down against him and the Keliahnites would have betrayed him.
God is not a man bro. He saw the changes in the eternal past didn't he?

God was asked Questions:
1. Will Saul come down?
hahahahahahaha... "Hey David from the eternal past I saw you ask me if Saul will come. You see, he won't come because I will lie to you that he will come so that you will take to your heels and leave keilah. That way, things will go just as I have seen"

2. Will the Keliahnites betray me?
hahahahahahahaha... "David, you will need to run from keilah for things to go just as i've seen from the eternal past. I will do the needful from my side, you will do the needful from yours."
Is that the kind of person the LORD God is?

If God didn't know the future, those responses would have been guesswork. If it was a forthtelling, then it would have been a lie.
Don't squeeze sour juices from the lemon.
By forthtelling - God's forthtelling was altered (or say, 'failed')
By foretelling - God lied to David to make things go as foreseen
Did I not tell you that none of it was involved in that scenario? In a bid to push foretelling of the future for God, you ended up painting him as a LIAR.

Check out the @red
It seems you are bent on forcing me to say the future already exists!
That has been the bone of your misconception
If it can be foreseen, then an account of it exists.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by kkins25(m): 11:13am On Sep 22, 2020
Bladdermouth, thanks for the mention as this topic is one that really interest me. unfortunately i find this spambot issue that seun is either not aware of or is yet to fix- a real drag.. now that my ban has been lifted i hope to respond to muttleylaff soon too. i typed alot of stuff that got lost, not motivated to type again at all.....
shadeyinka, please could you use the "quote" when referencing someone else's post. its difficult to discern which are yours from which are not. Although i see the effort to reference the persons name.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Ken4Christ: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
Blabbermouth:
Since time immemorial, man had always and will always continue to attribute what he cannot do and isn't capable of as part of God's sovereign ability.
Even if there are many many denominations in Christianity, I believe every of them agree that God is Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent. We don't have issues with the last 2 Omni - (for now) , so we will just concentrate on the first one. While this omniscient attribute is sweet to the ears, I want to know if God himself actually claimed/said that he "knows the future".
The floor is open, I don't want substance less opinions and replies invented from what you feel is true or right, instead;
GIVE YOUR ANSWER
DROP SCRIPTURES THAT SUPPORT YOUR ANSWER
EXPLAIN HOW THE SCRIPTURE PROVES THAT GOD KNOWS THE FUTURE.
Cc: Kobojunkie, Maximus69, Jesusjnr2020, MuttleyLaff, Shadeyinka, solite3, budaatum, sonmvayina, Hiswordxray

God does not only knows the future, he even knows you before you were born. He also gave man the ability to see the future though visions.

The account of creation was written by Moses who was not even there. And science cannot fault the order of creation.

He foretold the suffering of the children of Abraham when he hasn't even gotten a child. And it came to pass just the way he said it when they were in Egypt for about 400 years.

Genesis 15:13-14
13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

Even the birth of Jesus was foretold thousands of years before he was born;

1. His virgin birth was foretold
2. His lineage was foretold.
3. The very town he was to be born was foretold.
4. His betrayal was foretold, even the exact amount he was to be betrayed with was foretold.
5. The exact year he would die was foretold.
6. The humiliation he was to suffer was foretold.
There are over one hundred specific prophecies fulfilled in Christ.

The Bible is the only book that correctly predicted the emergence of successive government that has dominated the earth. And there is only one government remaining which is the one the anti Christ will rule for seven years.

His seat of power will be Rome and ten European States will give him power. Details are contained in the book of Daniel and Revelation. World events are already tilting towards the fulfillment.

Concerning the eternal destiny of men, God does not decide where you will end up. Your decision does. He knows where you will end if you take the wrong decision and he knows where you will end if you make the right decision.

So, you also have a choice to determine your destiny. And it revolves around what you do with the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2020
Blabbermouth:

1. CHOICES, ACTIOINS and WHAT I WILL DO are not independent of each other, are they?
2. This is a new set entirely, are you saying WHAT I WILL DO is not seen by God?

God is not a man bro. He saw the changes in the eternal past didn't he?

hahahahahahaha... "Hey David from the eternal past I saw you ask me if Saul will come. You see, he won't come because I will lie to you that he will come so that you will take to your heels and leave keilah. That way, things will go just as I have seen"

hahahahahahahaha... "David, you will need to run from keilah for things to go just as i've seen from the eternal past. I will do the needful from my side, you will do the needful from yours."
Is that the kind of person the LORD God is?

Don't squeeze sour juices from the lemon.
By forthtelling - God's forthtelling was altered (or say, 'failed')
By foretelling - God lied to David to make things go as foreseen
Did I not tell you that none of it was involved in that scenario? In a bid to push foretelling of the future for God, you ended up painting him as a LIAR.

If it can be foreseen, then an account of it exists.
If Gods forthtelling brought about SIN and EVIL, then such isn't my God. For my God is JUST, he wouldn't punish me in HELL for what he TOLD ME TO DO.

If time is greater than your God, so be it!
My God created time and He is Omnipresent both in TIME and SPACE.
I will answer just one of your twisted miscomprehensions.

Blabbermouth:

I did not say that.
I meant that God sees what YOU HAVE DONE from the past!
He does not Judge you by what you will do (Until you have done it)!
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2020
kkins25:
Bladdermouth, thanks for the mention as this topic is one that really interest me. unfortunately i find this spambot issue that seun is either not aware of or is yet to fix- a real drag.. now that my ban has been lifted i hope to respond to muttleylaff soon too. i typed alot of stuff that got lost, not motivated to type again at all.....
shadeyinka, please could you use the "quote" when referencing someone else's post. its difficult to discern which are yours from which are not. Although i see the effort to reference the persons name.
I understand you.
It is extremely difficult to post anything now without Seun's bots flagging you.

He should pay someone $3000 max and get the forum back to form.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by kkins25(m): 5:33pm On Sep 22, 2020
Muttleylaff:
"But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers.
(i.e. But if you favor some people over others, you are committing a sin.
You are guilty of breaking the law.)"
- James 2:9

"Then Peter began to speak:
"I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism"
- Acts 10:34

"For God does not show favoritism
(i.e. God doesn't have any favorites!
For God judges everyone by the same standard)"
- Romans 2:11
seriously? are you for real? okay, lets disagree to agree!
with regards to the "God does not show favoritism" . since you are the biblical literate one, why don't you educate me on the Reason why
1) Abel was chosen over Cain
2) Jacob over Esau(even though Jacob stole Esau's rights in broad daylight).
2b) why didn't God condemn the favoritism that was going on between isaac and Esau, and rebekah and Jacob.
2c) since men are not perfect we can permit the parents to exhibit favoritism, but why did Gods plan follow through- through jacob?
3) more importantly, why Abraham, why moses, why the hebrews, why the jews?
3b) you muttleylaff have a race(negriod) that is older than all others. so why then was this negroid race abandoned in favor of the semi-caucasian or brown skinned middle eastern folks?
3c) It is evident- profoundly evident that God forced himself on your jewish masters(i.e the one you have sold your sense of self and common sense of reason to) even though they- times without number sinned against him.
3d) God is not a respecter of men, or so they say. Then i don't see why breaking the covenant with abraham would harm him. If truly "the clay is subject to the will of the potter" then God being God- the all powerful and one who could wipe out a whole nation like the innocent kids,women and men in canaan and not be held accountable- should have nothing to worry about should he decide to abandon the jews and make another convenant with asians or egyptians or babylonians.

4) kindly tell us why jesus referred to a woman as "dog" here: mathew 15:
25 The woman came and knelt before Him. “Lord, help me!” she said. 26 But Jesus replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs. 27“Yes, Lord,” she said, “even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table."

4b) On what criteria, what factor would cause God(jesus) to refer to a fellow human as a dog.
4c) isn't this what we call racism today? why then is jesus not rebuked for his racist comment. After all, the jews did not search for God and have always worshipped false idols; so why in the heck would the children i.e the jews be held by God in higher standard. Do they deserve it?
5) Why the fuqing jews? why moderfuqing isreal? i ask you again.

Here is a preamble before my response. Conventional financial wisdom says, take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves. I have 100 pence/kobo/cents, in my pocket. I pence/kobo/cent fell out on my pocket on to the ground, getting lost.
yes, but was this in practice in the old testament? kindly tell us why lagos, accra, lome, cairo, are not the temple of God? why havent prophets emerge from this nations? why only Isreal? you see that this is becoming redundant right? why is jesus(a jew) the only true way and the life? why not conficus? wy not socrates, plato, tsao zu? why not the wise man of the yoruba dynasty? why not buddha of the indian dynasty?

My other response then, is, on the strength of James 2:9 and Acts 10:34 above, also with especially, the profound Romans 2:11, God is no respecter of persons. He doesnt show favouritism, yet it doesnt take away the fact and truth that, He wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

He isn’t really being slow about His promise, as some people like you want to think. No, God is being patient for everyone's sake.

He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to change, repent, wants all to turn away from their sins and to pass on to having reformed characters inasmuch as they exercise their fundamental right to exist and to exist freely expressing themselves, to the best of their abilities and nature
please see above...

Your problem kkins25, is that you have itching ears, hence the reason why you have a craving appetite and/or unhealthy diet lust for apocrypha and pseudepigrapha literature
How can you read only the bible and proclaim "The bible is the Word of God"- only Word of God? isnt that outright madness? jesus said 'by their fruit, ye shall know them". My dear muttley, do we need to go through the timeline of the atrocities commited by those who proclaimed themselves 'vicari christi'? huh? hmm?

The jews who contended rather frequently with jesus had also stuck their heads in one book i.e the torah. The law is the LAW and nothing else mattered. isnt that the purpose of the new testament? to prove that spirituality or relationship with God does not come from the book alone but also from common sense which the holy spirit readily gifts to those who have shown potential to use their brains to think and not allow the torah think for them?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by MuttleyLaff: 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by kkins25(m): 10:46am On Sep 23, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Brb asap
together we die here grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 12:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

If Gods forthtelling brought about SIN and EVIL, then such isn't my God. For my God is JUST, he wouldn't punish me in HELL for what he TOLD ME TO DO.
Perhaps you can point out to where I said or insinuated that God's forthtelling brought SIN and EVIL. I said God HAS NOT/DID NOT DECLARE EVERYTHING - thus, everything outside what God has declared or permitted to happen is a nonexistent account.
1. The fall of Lucifer (which was the root of all these SIN and EVIL) was a nonexistent account - God didn't declare it and it wasn't foreseen (as it doesn't exist). It only came into existence the exact moment Lucifer said in his heart - "I will.....". Lucifer declared it, not God!
2. God did not place A&E in the garden of Eden foreknowing that they would fall. A father does not place a huge sum of money in the room of his son that has a track record of unrepentant stealing, if he does, why beat him severely after the inevitable happened? Why curse him even when you knew his weakness. God placed Adam in Eden because he TRUSTED THEM! It was this same reason why God "regretted (nachaam) ... more like, He was DISAPPOINTED"!

If time is greater than your God, so be it!
My God created time and He is Omnipresent both in TIME and SPACE.
This is a sentimental statement, I will skip.

I will answer just one of your twisted miscomprehensions.

Blabbermouth:

I did not say that.
I meant that God sees what YOU HAVE DONE from the past!
He does not Judge you by what you will do (Until you have done it)!
Bridge what you said now with the part of my message you quoted for response. How does it relate? How does it negate the valid point I raised?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ken4Christ:

God does not only knows the future, he even knows you before you were born. He also gave man the ability to see the future though visions.
God knew me? As what? A prophet? A man that will end up in hell? A man that will get saved through christ? If God knew me before I was born, what did God know me as?

The account of creation was written by Moses who was not even there. And science cannot fault the order of creation.
Do you know why Moses could write the account of creation even if he was not there? Because the account existed ( it happened or has happened)!
Do you know why we can give an account of what is happening right now? Because such account is being created instantaneously as we live.
How about the future? Does an account of what WILL HAPPEN (take note of the capitalized.. I didn't say "What MAY HAPPEN", I asked "What WILL HAPPEN) exist?

He foretold the suffering of the children of Abraham when he hasn't even gotten a child. And it came to pass just the way he said it when they were in Egypt for about 400 years.

Genesis 15:13-14
13 And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years;

14 And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance.
That wasn't God using foreknowledge, that was God making known to Abraham what he has declared! It was by God's orchestration that Israel became enslaved to Egypt.

Even the birth of Jesus was foretold thousands of years before he was born;

1. His virgin birth was foretold
2. His lineage was foretold.
3. The very town he was to be born was foretold.
4. His betrayal was foretold, even the exact amount he was to be betrayed with was foretold.
5. The exact year he would die was foretold.
6. The humiliation he was to suffer was foretold.
There are over one hundred specific prophecies fulfilled in Christ.
Salvation was not foreknown, salvation was declared by God through Christ! None of the prophecies about Christ were from mere foreknowledge, it was preceeded by God's orchestration.

The Bible is the only book that correctly predicted the emergence of successive government that has dominated the earth. And there is only one government remaining which is the one the anti Christ will rule for seven years.
Spot on! However, the bible wasn't predicting, it was stating what God has permitted to happen in time.

His seat of power will be Rome and ten European States will give him power. Details are contained in the book of Daniel and Revelation. World events are already tilting towards the fulfillment.
Spot on!

Concerning the eternal destiny of men, God does not decide where you will end up. Your decision does. He knows where you will end if you take the wrong decision and he knows where you will end if you make the right decision.
I see you use the subjective word "IF", you are not wrong sir.

So, you also have a choice to determine your destiny. And it revolves around what you do with the gospel of our Lord Jesus.
Spot on!
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by kkins25(m): 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Brb asap

muttley:
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Ken4Christ: 4:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

God knew me? As what? A prophet? A man that will end up in hell? A man that will get saved through christ? If God knew me before I was born, what did God know me as?

Do you know why Moses could write the account of creation even if he was not there? Because the account existed ( it happened or has happened)!
Do you know why we can give an account of what is happening right now? Because such account is being created instantaneously as we live.
How about the future? Does an account of what WILL HAPPEN (take note of the capitalized.. I didn't say "What MAY HAPPEN", I asked "What WILL HAPPEN) exist?

That wasn't God using foreknowledge, that was God making known to Abraham what he has declared! It was by God's orchestration that Israel became enslaved to Egypt.

Salvation was not foreknown, salvation was declared by God through Christ! None of the prophecies about Christ were from mere foreknowledge, it was preceeded by God's orchestration.

Spot on! However, the bible wasn't predicting, it was stating what God has permitted to happen in time.

Spot on!

I see you use the subjective word "IF", you are not wrong sir.

Spot on!

You have no redemption. It's like you are destined for destruction. So, your end is already known. Are you happy with this?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 6:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Perhaps you can point out to where I said or insinuated that God's forthtelling brought SIN and EVIL. I said God HAS NOT/DID NOT DECLARE EVERYTHING - thus, everything outside what God has declared or permitted to happen is a nonexistent account.
Several!
The book Revelation is a classic case. Hasn't God forthtold what will happen.
The Antichrist
The Beast
The False Prophet
The Mark of the Beast
etc.

These these has been FORTHTOLD, God must be responsible for causing it to come to pass.

The account of David, Saul and Keilah: was God Forthtelling or Foretelling what will happen if David stayed at Keliah?

Blabbermouth:

1. The fall of Lucifer (which was the root of all these SIN and EVIL) was a nonexistent account - God didn't declare it and it wasn't foreseen (as it doesn't exist). It only came into existence the exact moment Lucifer said in his heart - "I will.....". Lucifer declared it, not God!
God didn't forsee it but He prepared a LAMB slain from the foundation of the world.

Blabbermouth:

2. God did not place A&E in the garden of Eden foreknowing that they would fall. A father does not place a huge sum of money in the room of his son that has a track record of unrepentant stealing, if he does, why beat him severely after the inevitable happened? Why curse him even when you knew his weakness. God placed Adam in Eden because he TRUSTED THEM! It was this same reason why God "regretted (nachaam) ... more like, He was DISAPPOINTED"!
Oh, God didn't know that they would fall hence He placed in the Garden the Tree that could result in their DEATH!?

It also seems that the omniscient God wasn't around when the serpent was tempting Eve

Blabbermouth:

This is a sentimental statement, I will skip.
It is not sentimental. My God created time and hence is the God of time just as He created space and thus the God of space!
It is not sentimental: the created cannot be greater than the Creator!

Blabbermouth:

Bridge what you said now with the part of my message you quoted for response. How does it relate? How does it negate the valid point I raised?
It simply mean that God is omnipresent in time and space!
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by kkins25(m): 6:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
[quote author=shadeyinka post=94232900][/quote]
Several!
The Antichrist
The Beast
The False Prophet
The Mark of the Beast
etc.
Me i don't see anything of these happening today.

These has been FORTHTOLD, God must be responsible for causing it to come to pass.
Excellent! muttleylaff will respond to this im sure.

God didn't forsee it but He prepared a LAMB slain from the foundation of the world.
interesting choice of words. Another way to put it, would be "God didn't expect things to turn out this way".

Oh, God didn't know that they would fall hence He placed in the Garden the Tree that could result in their DEATH!?
well i'll be a monkey's uncle..

It also seems that the omniscient God wasn't around when the serpent was tempting Eve
grin grin grin grin

It is not sentimental. My God created time and hence is the God of time just as He created space and thus the God of space!
What is time?

What is time?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Ken4Christ:

You have no redemption. It's like you are destined for destruction. So, your end is already known. Are you happy with this?
Depends on who said or proclaimed such.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Depends on who said or proclaimed such.
Hmmm,
It is not easy to preach God's word and drive it home deep down the hearts of people, because God's thought is higher than our thoughts! Isai 55:8-9

For a certainty Jesus really really got what it takes to equip his disciples with superb knowledge and unbeatable wisdom before he could say "come, be my follower and i will make you fishers of men" Matt 4:19
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

Several!
The Antichrist
The Beast
The False Prophet
The Mark of the Beast
etc.
If we will have to talk about this, we will have to quake into a lot of deep things. However, you still are wrong with your misconceptions.

These these has been FORTHTOLD, God must be responsible for causing it to come to pass.
You didn't pay attention to so many things.

The account of David, Saul and Keilah: was God Forthtelling or Foretelling what will happen if David stayed at Keliah?
What will happen depends on God.

Do a brief research on the word "World".

The account of the Garden of Eden was far more than eating a forbidden fruit and merrying with disobedience.

The Devil principally tempted two persons
1. The First Adam (although it was indirect)
2. The Second Adam (Jesus Christ)
Both were necessary, the first disappointed, the second overcame! God knew and He permitted it (for a very big cause) in both cases.

You should define " Time " from;
1. Man's Standpoint
2. God's Standpoint

Subconsciously, you don't want to go further any longer, no problem.
Your belief or disbelief in the existence of an account of the future has little to zero salvation value, so I won't press further, I do hope that you receive a more complete revelation than the one I have on this matter.
It (this discussion and its essence) is a tool that was meant to aid in deep quaking of truths that have been a mystery for long.
It is well sir Shadeyinka, I rest my case.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 8:09pm On Sep 23, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Hmmm,
It is not easy to preach God's word and drive it home deep down the hearts of people, because God's thought is higher than our thoughts! Isai 55:8-9
True.

For a certainty Jesus really really got what it takes to equip his disciples with superb knowledge and unbeatable wisdom before he could say "come, be my follower and i will make you fishers of men" Matt 4:19
You are a witness sir, aren't you?
You sound much like Maximus69, the Antichrist spam bot slayed him for the testimony he held.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 10:15pm On Sep 23, 2020
kkins25:

I would seriously prefer we take this conversation to WhatsApp where we can use voice notes instead of losing valuable valid argument points�

The topic is too interesting
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 10:18pm On Sep 23, 2020
kkins25:

Me i don't see anything of these happening today.

Excellent! muttleylaff will respond to this im sure.

interesting choice of words. Another way to put it, would be "God didn't expect things to turn out this way".

well i'll be a monkey's uncle..

grin grin grin grin

What is time?

What is time?
Time is the measure of interval between two or more physical events.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:27pm On Sep 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

Time is the measure of interval between two or more physical events.
Can you expantiate please?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

True.

You are a witness sir, aren't you?
You sound much like Maximus69, the Antichrist spam bot slayed him for the testimony he held.
Alll jws think alike, students of the GB!
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:

I would seriously prefer we take this conversation to WhatsApp where we can use voice notes instead of losing valuable valid argument points�

The topic is too interesting
Yeah, if Nairaland has a voice note feature, this discussion might have ended at page 8.
Peterrio, did you read the thread from 1 - 16?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Alll jws think alike, students of the GB!
It's a nice feature. However, in your case it has its cons.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Forces Like Police, Soldier, Navy Etc Has No Place In Heaven / Can Someone Explain First Fruit / Women In Trousers: Heaven Or Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.