Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Does God Really Know The Future? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Know The Future? (13055 Views)

Does God Really Send People To Hell? / Is God Really Omniscient?? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

You said time is the measure of interval between two events... So where am I travelling to?
Time is abstract, I don't know how you want me to fit that to real events... The best you can call that machine is "future machine".
Again sir, there is nothing like future! If I enter a time travel machine, I will only see illusions not some nonexistent future.
Please sir, it's like telling me to assume God does not exist. I keep ringing it I'm your ears, future does not exist!
What then is Prophecy if the future does not exist?
Why is the book of Revelation speaking of a nonexistent future?

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 1:23pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

There is nothing like "Future"!
You should at least own up to misrepresenting my views.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

You should at least own up to misrepresenting my views.
I was aggressive when engaging you because I wanted you to see something yourself.
If we use the case of;
1. God and a foetus
2. God and Lucifer
3. God and Adam
We both know that 100 years from now, you will never be able to explain how a non-existent Lucifer chose "Fall" for itself. We both know that 1000 years from now, no one will be able to explain how an unconscious foetus chose hell for itself. That's the truth and the truth is true.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 1:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

What then is Prophecy if the future does not exist?
Why is the book of Revelation speaking of a nonexistent future?
The revelations were gotten from a sealed book. Who wrote this book?
The book of revelations is a fulfillment of Isaiah 46:10
In prophecy, we have foretelling and forthtelling...
When you or God forthtell, you exercise Isaiah 46:10
When you foretell, you are relating what God has forthtold.
God, Hezekiah and Isaiah is a typical example.
God declaring Hezekiah's death (forthtelling)
Isaiah telling Hezekiah that he will die soon (foretelling)
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by MuttleyLaff: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:
This is the light of the matter:
There is nothing like "Future"! It doesn't exist!
The only events that are certain to happen are those that have been declared, predetermined and Orchestrated by God, any other thing else you term with the word "future" are virtual and not real.
ShadeYinka sir, God does not predetermine anyone one for hell. Also, Your end is undefined and nonexistent until you CHOOSE! That is the principal reason why you are living, why you were created, and why you have a lifespan on earth.
God is asking you - "Are you in or are you out? Choose!"

MuttleyLaff, this might be hard to understand but trust me, with time you will come to settle with it. If you mean God has an absolute foreknowledge of things He himself determined, then you are 100% right. If you mean God's absolute foreknowledge covers nonexistent things like "where you will end up", then that's wrong.

Maximus\69 and Dappa\D, fortunately Jehovah doesn't use selective foreknowledge. He knows everything that exist and every minute info in the world. However, He has no account of "where you will end up" because that will only be made existent when you CHOOSE!
ShadeYinka, a time travel nonsense is impossible! You will only be able to time travel into what God has declared to happen, and we both know Jehovah will not subject that privilege to physical means.
"And all the people who belong to this world worshiped the beast.
They are the ones whose names were not written in the Book of Life that belongs to the Lamb who was slaughtered before the world was made.
"
- Revelation 13:8

"The beast that you saw—it was, and now is no more, but is about to come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction.
And those who dwell on the earth whose names were not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world
will marvel when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet will be
."
- Revelation 17:8

Please do a exegete and hermeneutic on the two above Revelation 13:8 and Revelation 17:8 verses
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
I haven't mentioned Satan yet, but he is also a very important figure in talks like this.
Like i said, freewill is not totally "free" and a lot depends on the domain in which it is exercised.
When I say domain, I mean LIFE and DEATH.
God is the source of the Domain of Life
Satan is the source of the Domain of death.
If you operate in God's domain, you freewill is subjected to his will. He guides your path, direct your feet and do so many things.
Fortunately for Christians but unfortunately for unbelievers, If you operate in the Devil's domain, he also has some right over you. To an extent, he can guide your path, to an extent he can direct your feet.
We thank God for Jesus who conquered this death and brought us into life.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by MuttleyLaff: 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:
God: I will harden pharaoh's heart and he will not let you go.
God orchestrated it!
1/ Explain, in detail, leaving no room, for confusion, guessing or doubt how God hardened Pharaoh's heart
2/ Explain, in detail, leaving no room, for confusion, guessing or doubt how Pharaoh will not let go.
3/ What Pharaoh forced by God to do anything against the gift of freewill he was given by God?
4/ Did God give Pharaoh any opportunity to make right choice or not?
5/ If your answer to #4 above if Yes, then how many opportunities/times was Pharaoh given to do the right thing, at the right time and remain on God right side, hmm??
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by MuttleyLaff: 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:
I haven't mentioned Satan yet, but he is also a very important figure in talks like this.
Like i said, freewill is not totally "free" and a lot depends on the domain in which it is exercised.
When I say domain, I mean LIFE and DEATH.
God is the source of the Domain of Life
Satan is the source of the Domain of death.
If you operate in God's domain, you freewill is subjected to his will. He guides your path, direct your feet and do so many things.
Fortunately for Christians but unfortunately for unbelievers, If you operate in the Devil's domain, he also has some right over you. To an extent, he can guide your path, to an extent he can direct your feet.
We thank God for Jesus who conquered this death and brought us into life.
I cant wait for you to introduce Satan into all this. I'll be waiting round the corner for you when you do
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by MuttleyLaff: 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
For DrLiveLogic and any interested interlocutor(s):

1/ Name who principally or primary are in the Godhead (i.e. Elohim) of Genesis 1:27
2/ At what point did God, the Spirit become God the Father, what point did the Word, (i.e. Logos) become the Son, and what point did the seven distinct expression of the God, the Spirit, become the Holy Spirit?
3/ Is God resigned and/or limited to just Three Persons?
4/ What is God's name? What is the implication of this name that God didnt reveal to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
5/ Is the answer given in #4a above really God's personal name?
6/ What fundamental problems was God solving that necessitated the creation of mankind? (i.e. A&E and their progeny)
7/ Did God have an objective to achieve and purpose for creating A&E?
8/ Would you agree that "Though this be madness, yet there is method in it?"
9/ Is it hard or impossible for God to project Himself out, so to simultaneously and/or concurrently exist on earth and Heaven?
10/ Give two examples of a Being that has demonstrated the ability and power to see into humans' heart, know their thoughts, tell what they're thinking, or what they desire. In other words, here is one from 1 Samuel 9:19 and 1 Samuel 10:19&26, so please give your two different examples please

DrLiveLogic:
1/ Father, Word and Spirit
2/ Father, Word and Spirit have no beginning. But the Word became Son of Man in the incarnation.
3/ Depends on your definition of 'person'. But if you take your soul as one person, YHWH is one person too. The 3 are aspects of this one person.
4/ Don't know what you're getting at but there are many names referred to as God's. Depends on the frame you want it.
5/ N/A
6/ I don't understand you or how this connects to subject of thread. Maybe you should tell
7/ As explained, the destiny of Man is to have the experience of the Godhead, not merely the angelic or supernatural.
8/ Not understood.
9/ When you see Father and Word in heaven and Word as Son on earth at the same time, you should be satisfied. John 3:13.
10/ Don't see the essence of this. If your examples are true, then we can go with them, can't we?

Blabbermouth:
Anyone that understands it perfectly will automatically see the answer to bugging questions like these:
1. Why Did God create Lucifer knowing He will fall?
2. Why Did God put Adam and eve in Eden foreknowing that they will disobey?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Let me help out a bit...
According to the Bible, God created Lucifer "perfect". According to God's definition of perfection, perfection is not subjected to a time frame. If God said Lucifer was perfect, then that means He didn't create Lucifer foreknowing that Lucifer will fall. No! God didn't declare that! A non-existent Lucifer did not declare a fall for himself!
That " Lucifer will fall" was a nonexistent account, there is no future! Lucifer himself declared his fall, gave sin a definition, and invented the domain of death when he said "I will"...
God did not create Lucifer foreknowing he will fall!
You should be able to answer Adam's own, it's much simpler.
(ShadeYinka, MuttleyLaff, Maximus69)
I have various times tried to extract these "Why" and/or "What" info from others, but to no avail.

The last poster I asked similar questions, threw them most back in my face, claiming, dont understand, not understood et cetera
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by DrLiveLogic(m): 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I have various times tried to extract these "Why" and/or "What" info from others, but to no avail.

The last poster I asked similar questions, threw them most back in my face, claiming, dont understand, not understood et cetera
Muttleylaff, the realm of knowledge is so vast, we have to limit it to boundaries and premises. When you ask what problem God tried to solve when he created man, you prolly have no idea how vast the answer can be and the many angles it could be approached from. My thread has a focus, if you're presenting any questions, they should be within the context. I told you I don't understand how your question relates, you'd have done well to explain or to go on to answer the question and hence show its point. Your position on the angels as sons of God is way off the bar btw and I'm shocked at what you tryna pull of with "Father of lights". But as I make out time, I'll try to come back to it.
Like I told Blabbermouth, he seems to have a struggle with foreknowledge and predestination. He has made some good points here which form a part of my perspective which I lightly scratched when I was handling the Beginning Ending aspect of the Word and Father with JWs, but not circumspect because there are many questions his position doesn't satisfy. Like
1/ how Light had to produce a light(lucifer) that produced darkness. Where then did the darkness or its possibility arise from, if its grandparent is Light without darkness.

2/ Also what does God then mean by claiming to know good and evil in Genesis 3:22.

Again, when you look at his position here,
Blabbermouth:
Since I declare my END myself, can't God know where I will choose for myself before I choose?
Answer: Until you CHOOSE, where you will END is undefined. Before you chose, your end doesn't exist and like we've illustrated, God (whether by foreknowledge or absolute omniscience) have no account of Non-existent things. Maximus69 was right when he said "God does not know If I will repent or not". However, I want him to enlighten him a notch that God does not know because " my end does not exist until I choose "Remember, God has no account of nonexistent things. Yea, God has no account of where you will end up. Why? It does not exist!
it begs the question,
3/ after a sinner chooses, does God then know the sinner's present and also his end which according to you isn't part of God's foreknowledge?

4/ If he then knows, has he then updated his knowledge and become more than what he initially was? and yet many other questions.

Again I have to say he has(whether deliberately or not) totally misrepresented shadeyinka's view forcing it unnecessarily to juxtapose freewill, foreknowledge and predestination. He also unmeritoriously makes an unreasonable case with a foetus choosing hell which is totally out of line with shade's view, like how can you not still get it.
Shadeyinka's position which obviously does not juxtapose these is one I held on to for years and I can tell you it is balanced and seemingly impeccable. As a matter of fact, it is still a good one to teach people towards perfection. However, I had to drop it after some time, not really because there were logical loopholes in it I could see but just because I saw something else I never saw before.
There are certain concepts which, if not properly defined, will continue to be confusing and irregular. When you talk about foreknowledge, you have to first define what knowledge is in God's terms and how exactly God knows things. Again you have to correctly explain God's original state of existence. This is key to all other knowledge about God. This also sets the stage for the origin of good and evil. This is why I'm yet to do the thread on this subject. There are many prerequisites to settle before this including Triuneness of God that seems to be also misunderstood, even by Blabbermouth himself. As a matter of fact, my last thread on the son of God movie will give a good idea of where I'm headed. I'm hoping I'll do this subject in good time though.
Till then, let Blabbermouth try justifying the points raised and as well explain:

5/ how God predicts the future of both the good and the evil, like Jacob and Esau etc., before they even make their choices and

6/ whose names are not in the book of life and why do these people exist since they are not part of God's foreknowledge.

7/ and how they could create a reality that didn't exist in God. Is the end then different from the beginning?

8/ What is meant in Isaiah 45:7, how God forms light and creates darkness and good and evil.
Your thesis so far seems like you've bitten off quite a bit more than can chew. This subject is much deeper than you've presented. The reason I said many prerequisites must be settled before this.

9/ As for his case with Isaiah 46:10, he ended up just replacing God's forthtelling with foreknowledge which are two distinct attributes of God and he does both. Forthtelling is how he brings his foreknowledge to play in this movie.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by MuttleyLaff: 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:
You've Just crossed the line! You've just made God unjust..Is that what the scripture means to you? Oh God, please open His eyes that He may see what I so desire him see.

Imagine God sending Lucifer to eternal torment when he already foreknew what he will become?
Please tell, was Lucifer coerced by God to misbehave, hmm? Was Lucifer forced or threatened to usurp God, hmm?

Blabbermouth:
If you were Lucifer, I'm sure you will cry and say - "Lord! Why did you create me?" "How did I choose death for myself before you created me?"... Don't you get it? There is no basis for judgement if this is the case.
Even in the garden, no one questioned God, why in the first place did He, without their permissions, create them. Not Adam, not Eve and not the serpent either. A&E didnt question God over why the TKGE was placed within their reach, so what foxtrot uniform charlie kilo are you talking about here

Blabbermouth:
Mistake bawo? Didn't you hear God claim he made him perfect. Is God's definition of perfection now a time frame something?
God didnt say He made Lucifer perfect nah, abeggy. You were "perfect in your ways" is quite different from "made perfect," nah. If Satan was made perfect, Satan wouldn't have fallen from grace to grass off his pedestal

Though I am not made perfect, I try to be perfect in my ways, as much as I have the grace and will power too

Blabbermouth:
Ha ha! Did I not explain that Lucifer invented death himself? It's like you don't even understand 10% of what I'm saying.
Can Lucifer saved himself from the lake of fire. Can Lucifer save death from being thrown into the Lake of Fire with him?. Can Lucifer stop and/or end death, hmm?

You are ascribing undue and unmerited credit to Lucifer

Blabbermouth:
Did I not tell you that Angels can orchestrate an end for themselves?
Did I not explain?!
Sir, take a break... Come back, start from the first post of page 8 and read again.
Smh. You are so far up yourself, that you are becoming increasingly less interesting, less making sense and more boring
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:
ShadeYinka read this again.. Perhaps the way I engaged you before might have vexed you, I'm sorry. Now read with the mindset of learning something new.
Now you see why I initially assumed you were a JW?
You have taken their teachings and unknowingly made it your doctrine.

Jehovah's witnesses believe that God CANNOT see the future. But if God can't, then why did He have His Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Why did the bible say "to those God has Foreseen, He predestined"?, What is prophecy if not relaying the FUTURE?

It didn't make you see that your posture has made God with the capabilities of mere mortals and God a gambler. You didn't see that your position has made God vulnerable to any of His creatures who dare execute a coup de tat? You unknowingly have reduced God to the Greek gods probably Zeus (for Zeus doesn't know the future )

I'm sorry, my own God is NOT like that. My God is omnipresent in both space and time.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

I was aggressive when engaging you because I wanted you to see something yourself.
If we use the case of;
1. God and a foetus
2. God and Lucifer
3. God and Adam
We both know that 100 years from now, you will never be able to explain how a non-existent Lucifer chose "Fall" for itself. We both know that 1000 years from now, no one will be able to explain how an unconscious foetus chose hell for itself. That's the truth and the truth is true.
It seems three words relating to God you either not understand or totally misrepresent
1. Foreknowledge
2. Predestination
3. Freewill

If I get you perfectly, your claim is that it is impossible for God to have a Foreknowledge of things.

But if that is the case,
1. What is prophecy

Acts 21:11:
"And when he was come to us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus said the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that ownes this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles."

For it seems (according to your doctrine) that the Holy Spirit conspired with the Jews in Jerusalem to bind Paul for going to Jerusalem. Wasn't he warned not to go?

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

The revelations were gotten from a sealed book. Who wrote this book?
The book of revelations is a fulfillment of Isaiah 46:10
In prophecy, we have foretelling and forthtelling...
When you or God forthtell, you exercise Isaiah 46:10
When you foretell, you are relating what God has forthtold.
God, Hezekiah and Isaiah is a typical example.
God declaring Hezekiah's death (forthtelling)
Isaiah telling Hezekiah that he will die soon (foretelling)
Isa 46:10:
"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:"
That is why the letters kill when you don't read it in context.

If God engineered everything in Revelation, then how is anyone guilty when he hates God with a passion (according to God's will in Christ for the man). Is it NOT injustice for God to send such a man to the lake of Fire?

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by frank317: 6:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

What of if the teacher somehow has a "time machine" by which he could travel through time?

If the teacher somehow the teacher has a time machine and comes back and talk the students out of making noise or does some other actions that would ensure the students from making noise then what he saw was a PROBABLE feature.

But if through the time machine the teacher sees that nothing can be done to change what he saw.. That means the students action has been predestined and their free will is just an illusion.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
frank317:

If the teacher somehow the teacher has a time machine and comes back and talk the students out of making noise or does some other actions that would ensure the students from making noise then what he saw was a PROBABLE feature.

But if through the time machine the teacher sees that nothing can be done to change what he saw.. That means the students action has been predestined and their free will is just an illusion.
Sorry, the future isn't cast in stone. The future is determined by our previous and current choices, actions or inactions.

If the future is determined by the past and present, it means that by warnings and guidance, errors leading to catastrophic futures are avoided and a blissful future assured.

The Seer sees only that which the subject had chosen in his REAL TIME in spite of the constraints and aids he has received.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by frank317: 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2020
shadeyinka:

Sorry, the future isn't cast in stone. The future is determined by our previous and current choices, actions or inactions.

If the future is determined by the past and present, it means that by warnings and guidance, errors leading to catastrophic futures are avoided and a blissful future assured.

U can't call it a future when it's determined by our actions. If what I will do today will determine tomorrow then tomorrow cannot be seen, tomorrow can't exist because it is waiting for my action today to exist.
Only thing that can be said to be future are probable causes of today's action... Which could be just intelligent guesswork.

The Seer sees only that which the subject had chosen in his REAL TIME in spite of the constraints and aids he has received.
If the seer sees my 20years time action, can he still be wrong? Can I use my free will to make a different choice? Or must I use my freewill to do only what the seer saw? If u u chose the later... How exactly is that free will

What exactly is the function of this seeing ability? If God's sees I will sin tomorrow and he can't be wrong, how does that affect anything?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by MuttleyLaff: 5:52am On Aug 24, 2020
DrLiveLogic:
MuttleyLaff, the realm of knowledge is so vast, we have to limit it to boundaries and premises.
[img]https://media./images/14cd04951335766288c672c30e186f98/tenor.gif[/img]
"God is praised for being mysterious; rulers are praised for explaining mysteries
(i.e. It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honor of kings is to search out a matter.)
"
- Proverbs 25:2

So you reckon that, because of limitations to the realm of knowledge's boundaries and premises, it is impossicant to a permissible degree, fathom out mysteries of the world beyond what more the limits reveals, huh?

I've never being afraid to ask completely stupid questions and I don't in any foreseeable future, think I'll break the habit. This because the art and science of asking questions is the source of all knowledge. Some people who should be spiritually mature and ready to answer hard questions, aren't spiritually mature enough and ready to answer hard questions, but are ready to stave off who asks hard questions, forgetting that thinking begins, when you're asked really hard/difficult questions. Curiosity, after all, has its own reason for existing.

The first responsibility of every believer, is to question. Question unto a void, that is, then find another question to ask, as the important thing is not to stop questioning. Don't be worried over answers. Be worried over not asking questions, important questions, that is. Just find the courage to ask question(s), you're worried or afraid to hear the answer(s). Why? Well it's simply because its the only way you'll know which direction your truth lays to

Some many mysteries about pose difficult questions, but denying them, not acknowledging them or even not enquiring about them, maybe out of fear or misplaced piety, is really, not an honest option. All the great theologians honestly and prayerfully wrestled with intellectual difficulties before coming to a new synthesis of certain ideas.

DrLiveLogic:
When you ask what problem God tried to solve when he created man, you prolly have no idea how vast the answer can be and the many angles it could be approached from. My thread has a focus, if you're presenting any questions, they should be within the context. I told you I don't understand how your question relates, you'd have done well to explain or to go on to answer the question and hence show its point.
The most "I don't understand how your question relates" questions usually have simple answers.

All I simply asked, was what's the raison d'être for man's existence, no need to get the hump over mentioning that you brushed off the question. Sorry I asked you

DrLiveLogic:
Your position on the angels as sons of God is way off the bar btw
Angels as sons of God has never been my position

DrLiveLogic:
and I'm shocked at what you tryna pull of with "Father of lights". But as I make out time, I'll try to come back to it.
What do you think I am trying to pull off, with James 1:17 "Father of lights" inconjunction with circa Job 38:7's creation narrative, hmm?
Should I be quaking in my boots dreading your coming back to it, hmm?

DrLiveLogic:
Like I told Blabbermouth, he seems to have a struggle with foreknowledge and predestination. He has made some good points here which form a part of my perspective which I lightly scratched when I was handling the Beginning Ending aspect of the Word and Father with JWs, but not circumspect because there are many questions his position doesn't satisfy. Like how Light had to produce a light(lucifer) that produced darkness. Where then did the darkness or its possibility arise from, if its grandparent is Light without darkness.
There is no darkness, because darkness actually is absence of light. God is the Father of all lights. He births light(s). He projects light(s). Light(s) from within Him come forth. God radiates light. God call out light (i.e. light called da, to make the first day in Genesis 1:3), then fast forward to when He said let there be natural light-giving bodies, namely the sun and moon, the two great lights and also lesser lights, the star (i.e. Genesis 1:14-19)

The absence of Light, renders Lucifer, without light and/or no light, automatically and unceremoniously dark. Its just as simple as that

DrLiveLogic:
Also what does God then mean by claiming to know good and evil in Genesis 3:22. Again, when you look at his position here,
"Then the LORD God said,
Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil.
And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever
"
Genesis 3:22

What God, in Genesis 3:22, meant with saying "to know good and evil" is being concerned with what actually is the present case, which is man is set to begin having first hand experiences of several parts of all that's "Beautiful" and all that's "Adversity" (i.e. good and evil) They have become gods, on the basis of to begin judging between beautiful and adversity. Good times & bad times, what's pretty & what's ugly, what's bitter & what's sweet, what's pain & what's pleasure, what's orgasmic & what's not enjoyable, what's sexually arousing & what makes frigid, scream & silence, laughing & crying, smiling & frowning, commotion & tranquility, mourning & partying et cetera. Essentially after eating the fruit of TKGE, the whole shebang spectrum of the tree, will unleash into their world. Now you don't want them, in this state, to eat of the fruit of the Tree of Life, lest they live forever in that fallen state

DrLiveLogic:
it begs the question, after you choose, does God then know your end?
God is Omni know everything. Omni see everything. Omni at everywhere. When you are taking a dump, He is there. When you are stark naked, having a bath, He is there. Whatever you're doing, in the bedroom and under the duvet sheets, He is there. Nothing gets past God

God knows every move, right from the cradle to the grave, you make, so affirmative, yes, God already is in the know of your end, even before you made your choice(s)

Eve, was determined to eat the fruit of the TKGE, that is determinism. God foreknowing that, at the last hour A&E, exercising freewill, will throw caution to the wind and eat the fruit off the TKGE, is predeterminism. All, God, need doing, is just to wait for A&E to get to that point in the passage of time, for the event to happen. The outcome of all events have negative or positive effects, that either builds you up or breaks you down, but in the midst of the madness of it all, there's a method (i.e. Genesis 1:26-27, there's)

We are not a prisoner of the "end", but we are freeborn, right on to the "end", exercising our fundamental creativity rights while journeying to the "end" of where the Owner of breath, asks of the breath back

DrLiveLogic:
If so, has he then updated his knowledge and become more than what he initially was?
Nope nothing like that at all, because as shadeyinka and I, over and over again harp on, dont impose human beings' standard(s), convention(s), understanding(s) yardstick(s), paradigm(s) et cetera on God because He is beyond their limitations

DrLiveLogic:
and yet many other questions. Again I have to say he has (whether deliberately or not) totally misrepresented shadeyinka's view forcing it unnecessarily to juxtapose freewill, foreknowledge and predestination. Shadeyinka's position which obviously does not juxtapose these is one I held on to for years and I can tell you it is balanced and seemingly impeccable. As a matter of fact, it is still a good one to teach people towards perfection. However, I had to drop it after some time, not really because there were logical loopholes in it I could see but just because I saw something else I never saw before.
There are certain concepts if not properly defined will continue to be confusing and irregular. When you talk about foreknowledge, you have to first define what knowledge is in God's terms ...
What knowledge is in God's terms, is God being aware of everything to the extent of having an edge over everyone else, hence the "I" in "know I edge" conveying a distinctive sense of, "know with an edge", that gives one, an advantage that makes one stronger and/or more successful than another person or thing without the edge

DrLiveLogic:
... and how exactly God knows things.

"Indeed, God is great—beyond our knowledge;
the number of His years is unsearchable.
"
- Job 36:26

"But there is a God in heaven, who reveals mysteries,"
- Daniel 2:28a

"Oh, how great are God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge!
How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!
"
- Romans 11:33

How exactly God knows things, is a mystery. It is difficult to understand and/or impossible to explain and this is partly because God, in fact, is Mysterious.

Here is the thing. This specific God's essence and enigmatic nature is beautifully captured, the best, in Yoruba cosmology and mythology, in where He is identified as and called "Eledumare" or "Olodumare", The portmanteau Yoruba word(s), when loosely translated means, the Owner or Custodian of absolute energy and infinite mysteries, who has knowledge of all blessings

DrLiveLogic:
Again you have to correctly explain God's original state of existence. This is key to all other knowledge about God.
All thats suffice for you to know about God's original state of existence, is that He is self-existent. He is the Prime mover, initial source of motive power behind every original plan, idea, creation or even situation

DrLiveLogic:
This also sets the stage for the origin of good and evil. This is why I'm yet to do the thread on this subject.
You're yet to do a thread on any subject discussing the stage for the origin of good and evil because you misunderstand that evil is the absence of good, same way that darkness is the absence of light. Also from not appreciating that, the TKGE, is a figure of speech, with a deeper meaning, giving a wider and encompassing effect, just as "welcome ladies and gentlemen" is a figure of speech, said to comprehensively include the catchment, without being specific of the variables

DrLiveLogic:
There are many prerequisites to settle before this including Triune God that seems to be so misrepresented, even by Blabbermouth himself. As a matter of fact, my last thread on the son of God movie will give a good idea of where we're headed. I am hoping I'll do this subject in good time though ...
Facepalm and smh.

Reiterating, God is "I AM, that I AM," that is meaning, God will be and become whatever is necessary for Him, His purpose(s), His objective(s), His aims, His plan(s) et cetera to be

The thing about Triune God, is that God is trinity and more, because God is unknown number of persons. God, in fact, is infinity. He is an Infinite God

biblical truth and biblical fact, that God is not a "not-known-number" of person. God, as a matter of fact then, is, x-person and so God, in effect is, ∞-persons, as in, meaning, God is infinite or infinity.

God is a Incorporeal. He is a Spirit, without any bound, without limit, without a beginning, without an end. God oxymoronically has no beginning and no end. He is the beginning/first and the end/last. God is someone bigger and larger than any specified number, even three, trinity, triune or trio persons . This means, dont put God in a box. It explains why God in His infinite wisdom didnt allow the word trinity to be printed out black and white kokoro in the Bible Smh

DrLiveLogic:
... Till then, let Blabbermouth try justifying the points raised and as well explain how God predicts the future of both the good and the evil, like Jacob and Esau etc., before they even make their choices and whose names are not in the book of life ...
How God predicts the future is classified information, however suffice to say God is more than capable unlike us puny mortal human beings, to the future, the end, the destination of the good and evil, like Jacob and Esau et cetera before they in real time made their choices, that prompted their names be put or not be put in the book of life before the foundation of the world

DrLiveLogic:
... and why then God created these people or how they could create a reality that didn't exist in God as against the law of energy conservation.
"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power:
for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created
"
- Revelation 4:11

God created these people because creativity/creation, nothing what, has a right to exist and expression. So what is creativity and how is it expressed. Creating is expressing one's thought, feeling, abstract idea, concept, sense, inspiration et cetera and doing so, in forms, such as writing, painting, sculpturing, music, work of art, dance, invention et cetera

God respects His creation/creatures, respects the creativity and creative space of His creation/creature. Whatever creativity is, it is in part, a solution to a problem. Case in point, Pharaoh, a bag egg creativity, was in part, a solution to, how to keep a family of thereabouts 12 people under cover and protection of a super power to grow into a nation, that will take possession of an already inhabited land as their possession and inheritance

Creativity requires experience and experience comes from life and your life is, you, equipped with experience and freewill, to express yourself.

I'll re-emphasise that, God, is the Owner or Custodian of absolute energy and infinite mysteries, who has knowledge of all blessings, and if God can walk on water, so thereby defy the law of gravity. I see no difference of God, being the Owner or Custodian of absolute energy, in defying the law of energy conservation, for whatever reason. God is a Spirit. He sees in the spirit realm, the reality that hasn't physically exist or manifest. This is not anything hard or impossible for Him to do. For man it is, but for God it isnt

Time and not to cause this to become information overload, necessitated that knowledge gaps be left unfilled, some i's not dotted and t's not crossed

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 6:18am On Aug 24, 2020
frank317:

U can't call it a future when it's determined by our actions. If what I will do today will determine tomorrow then tomorrow cannot be seen, tomorrow can't exist because it is waiting for my action today to exist.
To me it is future but to God, time is irrelevant. God is omnipresent both in space and time.

frank317:

Only thing that can be said to be future are probable causes of today's action... Which could be just intelligent guesswork.

If the seer sees my 20years time action, can he still be wrong? Can I use my free will to make a different choice? Or must I use my freewill to do only what the seer saw? If u u chose the later... How exactly is that free will
The future is dynamic and changeable. What the Seer sees are only what I have done with my present set of choices within my available constraints.

Your question on other words is like asking "what came first": the SEEING or the DOING?
In the frame of time referenced by me, seeing precedes the doing but in the "Frame of time " referenced by the Seer, past, present and future are meaningless. This is the consequence of being omnipresent in time.

frank317:

What exactly is the function of this seeing ability? If God's sees I will sin tomorrow and he can't be wrong, how does that affect anything?
Consequence of seeing?
It is about Power and Control over consequences of the effect of the dangerous gift of Freewill. Within the context of the effect of freewill, the "future" can be steered towards a favourable direction by a preemptive intervention by God.

1Cor 2:7-8:
"But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom , which God ordained before the world to our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory."
Rev 13:8:
"And all that dwell on the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. "

As per you sinning, God gave you His Words for guidance, your conscience as Warner, brain power to reason and people around to persuade you otherwise. Your choice is only yours to make in your own real time. What the Seer sees is only what YOU ultimately did with your opportunities and freewill.

In other words, you (in your present reality) are the determinant of what God sees about you.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 24, 2020
frank317:

The simple truth is you don't exist in God's plan if you're not ready to live by his rules, you're just like the flowers that blossom today and tomorrow it withers away!
So there's no future for you, you're certainly returning to non-existence like every other creature. But once you begin taking note of God's plan and trying to workout your own plans to fit in with his own then he commands his angels to keep a record for you! Malachi 3:16 compare with Revelations 20:15 smiley
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2020
Blabbermouth:
IS GOD ACTUALLY OMNISCIENT?
Just as the case with His omnipotent ability, the omniscient ability of God is also confined by the NATURE OF WHO HE IS. God is light, He is Life, and He is Existence Himself, therefore darkness, death and nonexistence cannot be found in him.
If God were to sneak peek into the Knowledge of everything (I'm using JW's rendition here), including things that were, things that are, and the Future, there are things God will never see!
God is omniscient but He has no account of anyone that can Kill Him!
God is omniscient but He has no account for who His creator His!
God is omniscient but He has no account of the plausibility of anyone greater that him!
Hey beloved, don't get me wrong! I'm not saying God was created or God can be killed by somebody. I want you to be enlightened that God has no account of some nonsensical information like;
1. His creator
2. His Nemesis
3. His superior
Do you know why? Because THEY DON'T EXIST!
A being that created God, A being that can kill God, A being that can be superior to God DOES NOT EXIST! Consequently, God has no account of information about them.

Here is the Key Point
God has no account of things that DO NOT EXIST or Information that Does not Exist!
I've heard many dicey(or say, tricky) Atheistic Questions like
1. If God is omniscient, does He know who created Him?
2. If God is omniscient, does He know who can Kill Him?
God is omniscient but His omniscience is of EVERY EXISTING THINGS OR INFORMATION!
God's Omniscience does not stretch to Non-existent things as His nature is EXISTENCE itself!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Now Let me answer the Question; DOES GOD KNOW THE FUTURE?
Until God says "Be!", it is impossible for anything to call itself into existence. Until God says " Let there be light!", it is impossible for light to call itself into existence. For we know that God is one, and there is none like him. Until God says "Let this happen!", it is impossible for it to happen. Until God declares an End, it is impossible for an End to exist by itself
However....
God in His omniscient power (in the confines of his nature) created beings with active forces and will, yea, Angels, Humans, and other spiritual beings he created them. God gave them free will and made it such that the free will of each person gives him/her an ability to declare His End. Howbeit, God is the prime Declarer.
Like they say - "Man proposes, God disposes"
Specifically, there are just 2 being capable of declaring your end. Yea, just two being that can determine your future; 1. God 2. You
For we know who God is, and what we know is true, therein lies our confidence that God (in most cases) does not/will not declare your end.
Since God has not/does not/ will not declare your future, YOUR FUTURE DOES NOT EXIST!
Now, you might be quick to ask this question;
Since I declare my END myself, can't God know where I will choose for myself before I choose?
Answer: Until you CHOOSE, where you will END is undefined. Before you chose, your end doesn't exist and like we've illustrated, God (whether by foreknowledge or absolute omniscience) have no account of Non-existent things.
Maximus69 was right when he said "God does not know If I will repent or not". However, I want him to enlighten him a notch that God does not know because " my end does not exist until I choose"
Remember, God has no account of nonexistent things. Yea, God has no account of where you will end up. Why? It does not exist!

(ShadeYinka, MuttleyLaff, Maximus69)

I have told you that God only focus on his own plans and since he's the Almighty he knows for sure what humans will develop in the future with all the natural forces he kept in place. He designed humans with brains to invent so many things and since he created us in his likeness he knows that as time goes by humans will do great things with their brains!
For instance it took humans thousands of years to discover electricity, but who told God to design electric resistant rubber legs for birds?
Well it's because God knew what man will invent with the things he made so to protect this flying creatures from being electrocuted God gave them feet that can't be affected by electricity.
But talking of what you will choose to do in the next minute when tempted by your own fleshly desires that largely depends on the experience you had, that's why God feeds us with information about what could result from our wrong choices!
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:04am On Aug 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"And all the people who belong to this world worshiped the beast.
They are the ones whose names were not written in the Book of Life that belongs to the Lamb who was slaughtered before the world was made.
"
- Revelation 13:8

"The beast that you saw—it was, and now is no more, but is about to come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction.
And those who dwell on the earth whose names were not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world
will marvel when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet will be
."
- Revelation 17:8

Please do a exegete and hermeneutic on the two above Revelation 13:8 and Revelation 17:8 verses
Smiles... Maybe God sat down one day and created a book called the "Book of Life", he opened it and he started writing names - 1. MuttleyLaff 2. Blabbermouth 3. Shade 4. Maximus 5. Frank 317 and He intentionally decided to omit the following names 1. Reed 2. Buda 3. Otem 4. Mj.Bolt.... Is that it?
If so, where is the freewill? Don't get it twisted cus I'm sticking to the context of the bible where is explicitly said " Whose names were not written "... Consequently then, there are those " Whose name was written " before the foundation of the world.
OR
What shall we say again, that Muttley, Shade, Blabber, and Maximus in their non-existent state wrote their names themselves? And Otem, Reed, Bolt, Buda and co. exercising freewill decide not to write their own names? Hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha... Let's be honest with ourselves then, if this is the case, religion is a joke.
Seriously now...
Christ was slain 2000+ years ago and God is saying Christ has been slain before the foundation of the world. Ha ha! Who then is wrong? Is it God? God forbid!
Like I said, God is more than a Person... He is higher and infinite, more of a realm&reality than limiting him to a person. In God's realm, everything is NOW! no later, no next year! Everything to him is NOW!
It was when I caught this revelation did I realize that everyone is making a mistake by thinking God has some forward button for going into some nonexistent future.
Having established all this;
We should both then agree to the truth that no literal names were written!
In this case again, Bro. Maximus69 was right.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:13am On Aug 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You want me to answer those questions?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:43am On Aug 24, 2020
DrLiveLogic:

Muttleylaff, the realm of knowledge is so vast, we have to limit it to boundaries and premises.
Take this mentality away! You will be limited by your ignorance if you continue like this.

Like I told Blabbermouth, he seems to have a struggle with foreknowledge and predestination. He has made some good points here which form a part of my perspective which I lightly scratched when I was handling the Beginning Ending aspect of the Word and Father with JWs, but not circumspect because there are many questions his position doesn't satisfy. Like
1/ how Light had to produce a light(lucifer) that produced darkness. Where then did the darkness or its possibility arise from, if its grandparent is Light without darkness.
This question and the other ones you asked are a consequence of your stance on this matter and not mine. This is an attempt of using this medium to help you solve the bugging questions you have always had in your heart. Nevertheless, I will oblige you.

2/ Also what does God then mean by claiming to know good and evil in Genesis 3:22.
From QST 1 and 2, are you saying that God is evil and dark? God forbid! Or else, you've just crossed the line. Evil is not the opposite of Good, no! It is what you get when Goodness is absent. Darkness is not the opposite of light, it is what you get when light is absent. This is why you cannot make a room "darker"..
God said A&E will die the very same day they eat of the fruit, did they die (physically)? No! Is God lying? No! To die is to be separated from the source of life (I.e God)...

it begs the question,
3/ after you choose, does God then know your end?
Hahaha....

4/ If so, has he then updated his knowledge and become more than what he initially was? and yet many other questions.
That's the problem when humans start seeing God as a person.

Again I have to say he has(whether deliberately or not) totally misrepresented shadeyinka's view forcing it unnecessarily to juxtapose freewill, foreknowledge and predestination. He also unmeritoriously makes an unreasonable case with a foetus choosing hell which is totally out of line with shade's view, like how can you not still get it.
No! The foetus case is not unreasonable. You will have an issue with it if you think a future, aside from what God has declared exist. You can help him answer the question I asked him though.
Also, I did not misrepresent his view. He was trying not to cross the line from outside the line, more like eating your cake and having it back.

There are many prerequisites to settle before this including Triuneness of God that seems to be also misunderstood, even by Blabbermouth himself.
"God in three persons" -is that what Trinity is? Sir, I want you to do something for me - With the old testament alone, show that Jesus was Divinity become humanity"... I'm not permitted to say many things for now, but I do implore you to do that task I ask you. Trust me, your revelation of who Christ is will increase in many folds.

Till then, let Blabbermouth try justifying the points raised and as well explain:

5/ how God predicts the future of both the good and the evil, like Jacob and Esau etc., before they even make their choices and
Bible verse please...

6/ whose names are not in the book of life and why then God created these people
It's the problem of those thinking God needs to press a forward button. However, check my response to Muttley, I answered this already.

7/ and how they could create a reality that didn't exist in God. Is the end then different from the beginning?
I don't understand this question.

8/ What is meant in Isaiah 45:7, how God forms light and creates darkness and good and evil.
Your thesis so far seems like you've bitten off quite a bit more than can chew. This subject is much deeper than you've presented. The reason I said many prerequisites must be settled before this.
Again, are you saying that there is darkness in God?

9/ As for his case with Isaiah 46:10, he ended up just replacing God's forthtelling with foreknowledge which are two distinct attributes of God and he does both. Forthtelling is how he brings his foreknowledge to play in this movie.
No! That was what Shade and Muttley did, not me. I said Isaiah 46:10 was forthtelling the end... Nowhere did I call it foretelling!
Why is everyone throwing their own flaws on me?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 24, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Smiles... Maybe God sat down one day and created a book called the "Book of Life", he opened it and he started writing names - 1. MuttleyLaff 2. Blabbermouth 3. Shade 4. Maximus 5. Frank 317 and He intentionally decided to omit the following names 1. Reed 2. Buda 3. Otem 4. Mj.Bolt.... Is that it?
If so, where is the freewill? Don't get it twisted cus I'm sticking to the context of the bible where is explicitly said " Whose names were not written "... Consequently then, there are those " Whose name was written " before the foundation of the world.
OR
What shall we say again, that Muttley, Shade, Blabber, and Maximus in their non-existent state wrote their names themselves? And Otem, Reed, Bolt, Buda and co. exercising freewill decide not to write their own names? Hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha... Let's be honest with ourselves then, if this is the case, religion is a joke.
Seriously now...
Christ was slain 2000+ years ago and God is saying Christ has been slain before the foundation of the world. Ha ha! Who then is wrong? Is it God? God forbid!
Like I said, God is more than a Person... He is higher and infinite, more of a realm&reality than limiting him to a person. In God's realm, everything is NOW! no later, no next year! Everything to him is NOW!
It was when I caught this revelation did I realize that everyone is making a mistake by thinking God has some forward button for going into some nonexistent future.
Having established all this;
We should both then agree to the truth that no literal names were written!
In this case again, Bro. Maximus69 God's word was right.

Please keep saying "God's word was right"
We are all learning from the Great Teacher (the Bible's Author) but the only difference here is i'm associating with those he appointed to teach us all otherwise i'll have remained in the midst of some gaggles bowing down towards a black stone in Mecca claiming they're doing so to God! undecided
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:02am On Aug 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Please tell, was Lucifer coerced by God to misbehave, hmm? Was Lucifer forced or threatened to usurp God, hmm?
This is a stumbling block for those who think a "future" exist. Did I not tell you that Lucifer invented a big kasala when he said "I will...."? How did God then force him? This question is one I should ask you and Shade... According to me, nothing like " future", so freewill is perfectly exercised.

Even in the garden, no one questioned God, why in the first place did He, without their permissions, create them. Not Adam, not Eve and not the serpent either. A&E didnt question God over why the TKGE was placed within their reach, so what foxtrot uniform charlie kilo are you talking about here
That was Me backlashing Shade.. Lucifer does not relate with God as if a future exist.. Yea, no angel does that!
Do you remember the Job saga that happened between Satan and God? We both know that Satan know God far more than you or anyone does.. He wouldn't enter that bargain with A God who can press the forward button.. Lucifer himself knew a future does not exist and that is why he entered the bargain... Now, think about that.

God didnt say He made Lucifer perfect nah, abeggy. You were "perfect in your ways" is quite different from "made perfect," nah. If Satan was made perfect, Satan wouldn't have fallen from grace to grass off his pedestal
A perfect creator making imperfect creature... So much for perfection. God created light and God said "Good" because He the creator was and is "Good"... How can an imperfect being be perfect in his ways? A perfect pot made by a perfect potter can decide (if it has will) to stumble into imperfection, (say, it decided to jump off from the table and cracked itself on the floor). Whose fault is that? The potter? God forbid! Surely, it's the pot. That's an illustration of what happened.

Though I am not made perfect, I try to be perfect in my ways, as much as I have the grace and will power too
All thanks to Adam. Again, a perfect potter does not make imperfect pots. No! That's not my God.

Can Lucifer saved himself from the lake of fire. Can Lucifer save death from being thrown into the Lake of Fire with him?. Can Lucifer stop and/or end death, hmm?
The death I talked about is not that one that comes to separate your body from your spirit. Jesus said that old serpent was a liar and a " murderer"... Lucifer cannot save himself, Baba God has declared it. Lucifere cannot stop death, Baba God has declared it.

You are ascribing undue and unmerited credit to Lucifer

Smh. You are so far up yourself, that you are becoming increasingly less interesting, less making sense and more boring
That old serpent has not merit with me. I'm only subtly tipping us all on what happened in that former dispensation of God and Angels, howbeit I will not say more than this.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:05am On Aug 24, 2020
Maximus69:

Please keep saying "God's word was right"
This one makes sense... Thank you.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:19am On Aug 24, 2020
MuttleyLaff, ShadeYinka, DrLiveLogic, Maximus69 and everyone following, I have 2 questions for you;
1. At what point is one's name written in the book of life?
2. Under what conditions and at what point can one's name be blotted out from the book of life?
Modified:
3. God sees the future of everything, wow! Can God see his own future? Or does God not have a future?
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

Now you see why I initially assumed you were a JW?
You have taken their teachings and unknowingly made it your doctrine.

Jehovah's witnesses believe that God CANNOT see the future. But if God can't, then why did He have His Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. Why did the bible say "to those God has Foreseen, He predestined"?, What is prophecy if not relaying the FUTURE?
JW: God CANNOT SEE SOME PART OF THE FUTURE
This is the weakest of all views but then, I understand where they are coming from. The only similarity with my view and JW's view is that - we do not/did not cross the line.
According to witnesses, they picture God as a being with a search engine like google. So God just type " Shadeyinka's future " and His divine Google will bring it out, howbeit filtering the evil parts of it. C'mon we both know how flawed this is.
Just like you, they also are missing the most important piece, and that is "There is no future aside what God has declared and permitted to happen"... The moment the JW's plug this into their view, it becomes perfect and consistent with God's word. The Moment you also plug this into your view, it becomes perfect and consistent with God's word.
Now, look at that part where you yourself said "Why did he HAVE HIS LAMB slain? .. Can you now see that it was God declaring this himself so that You all can be saved?
"Foreseen was used simultaneously with predestined"... Someone, I think linearity showed you this to prove that both work hand in hand. Like the bible said God who speaks to things that are yet not, AS THOUGH THEY ARE While humans saw Christ slain 2000+ years ago, In God's reality He has been slained already the moment he declared it. God can't pretend it, His realm and His reality is NOW! Many times, when relating with humans, He does speak to accommodate your realm.

It didn't make you see that your posture has made God with the capabilities of mere mortals and God a gambler. You didn't see that your position has made God vulnerable to any of His creatures who dare execute a coup de tat? You unknowingly have reduced God to the Greek gods probably Zeus (for Zeus doesn't know the future )
You will never hear it in any theology school that there is no future. It's from an human view that we think a future exist. I'm trying to help you see things more from a spirit standpoint.
God vulnerable?!
The prophet under the unction of the holy spirit said concerning Satan "For you have said in your heart"... Is there anyone that God sees not his heart? How then shall anyone be able to overthrow Him?

I'm sorry, my own God is NOT like that. My God is omnipresent in both space and time.
I do not expect you to settle with the truth immediately. It might take days, weeks or month, but one day during your WORD STUDY session, you will see the truth yourself, I trust the holy spirit.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:49am On Aug 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

It seems three words relating to God you either not understand or totally misrepresent
1. Foreknowledge
2. Predestination
3. Freewill
I understand them 100%.

If I get you perfectly, your claim is that it is impossible for God to have a Foreknowledge of things.

But if that is the case,
1. What is prophecy

Acts 21:11:
"And when he was come to us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus said the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that ownes this girdle, and shall deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles."
Have you watched " The passion of Christ"? Honestly, that film did not perfectly depict the suffering of Christ. Try to pluck just a strand of hair from your beards, you see how painful that is? Well, Christ's beards were literally plucked off!
What shall we say then, that God did not declare Christ to die in this manner?
What shall we say then, that Peter being invertedly crucified was something Peter chose by free will?
What shall we say then, that James being beheaded was something James loved?
What shall we say then, that Stephen being stoned to death was Stephen's own freewill?
You don't see so many things yet.

For it seems (according to your doctrine) that the Holy Spirit conspired with the Jews in Jerusalem to bind Paul for going to Jerusalem. Wasn't he warned not to go?
Who declared it? Paul's freewill or God?
Don't you realize that he was warned because it was possible for him to choose to Go or not to Go?
According to the future doctrine, God saw that Paul will go and God warned him not to go (but then, he knew that he will still go by foreknowledge) , he was just warning him so that it won't look as if he was not warned. Now, you see how illogical that is.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Let's dig deep a little bit....
Do you think that the death of Christ was something dependent on Christ's action and inaction, past action, freewill and all?
If so, that would mean that God was creating a lot of humans hoping that one of them will fit into what he wants. Luckily, God by foreknowledge saw that Jesus was perfect for the Job.
No sir! From the point that he would be born of a virgin to him being baptized by john down to him being crucified was all predetermined/declared by God himself.
So God was chipping those prophets in on what he has declared and that was how Isaiah,Moses, Daniel, Joel, Zechariah and the likes were able to foretell of the coming of Christ.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 24, 2020
Blabbermouth:

1. At what point is one's name written in the book of life?
God's angels are moving throughout the earth in search of those who are trying to live a holy life, many were discouraged due to hardship, depression, injustice, loss of a dear one and so many other calamities. But God's angels keep watching what our reactions will be at every chance we have to deal with good or bad situations.
If you're experiencing plenty of riches and pleasures, do you ascribe such success to your struggles and hardwork?
If you're experiencing hardship and lacking the necessities of life, do you blame yourself or someone else for it.
Well the angels are watching and taking note of the way you react towards every circumstances surrounding you. If you respond positively towards everything with the mindset that you brought nothing into the world, they'll go straight and make reports of you to God, then God will send his messengers (humans) to come and comfort you in any situation, if you welcome them hospitably and listen attentively to them, that's the very moment God will command those angels to keep a record of you in his memory book! Malachi 3:16 compare to Matthew 10:11-15 and Revelations 20:15

2. Under what conditions and at what point can one's name be blotted out from the book of life?
God doesn't blot anyone's name because before your name could be written, you must have passed all the tests needed to be sure that you're kind-hearted, though circumstances surrounding you may drive you nuts {Job 14:13-15} but God won't forget the love you showed for his name {Hebrew 6:10} so he will continue to monitor your movement and assist you with encouragement from fellow believers like you {Hebrew 10:24-25} throughout your life time you will always have someone somewhere sometime to lean on, that's why we all need to IDENTIFY the GROUP God is using to assist his weak sheep, Jesus said "i'm sent to call the lost sheep of the house of Israel" {Matthew 15:24} this means God can see those who are desperately looking for ways to better their relationship with God, they may be caught up in distressing conditions but deep down in their hearts they really want to serve God! Luke 23:40-43 smiley
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 12:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
Maximus69, I read your answers. Please do Justice to my question 3.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Have You Ever Witnessed The Gift Of Interpretation Of Tongues / Discussing Genesis 1:1-2 On Pre-Adamic And Gap Theory - Delafruita Vs Goshen360 / Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 223
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.