Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets (455 Views)

GUNSHOTS: Orgasms And Guns...* A Dark Romance, Erotic, Action Story (20+) / Let The Guns Speak / Younger Wole Soyinka Smoking, With A Boy Around Him (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets by olulu(m): 3:12am On Aug 17, 2020
CHAPTER ONE

“Who be rat?”
There was another knock on the door.
“Who is shit?”
Still no answer. But the person knocked again.
“Who dey knock my door?”
“Na me Lado.”
"Why you no come answer before?" Okuta asked as he opened the door. He was bare-chested and wearing shorts.

“I no be rat and I no be shit,” Lado answered and pushed past him into the room.
The room smelt of smoke, sweat, and sex.

“Wetin you want this early momo?” Okuta asked as he closed the door.
“Na AlawoDre send me.”
“Wetin he talk?”
Lado looked around and saw a teenage girl seated on one of the settees in the room. She had a wrapper around her chest that barely covered her breasts and thighs. The way her elbows held the wrapper in place and her unprotected, showed she was naked under. She locked eyes with him, smiled, and looked away to continue wrapping her joint.

“Wetin he talk?” Okuta asked and moved from the door to stand in front of Lado.
"He say make I collect back the iPhone and Mac notebook your boys snatch yesterday night."

Okuta grunts, "who get the iPhone and the mac?

“Nothing concern you with that one. Just get it back from your boys.”
“Una no dey even allow person enjoy him stash in peace.”
“The person wey get the things dey under AlawoDre protection. Your boys should never have attacked the car.”
“How dem wan take know na? You know say dem get daily target and if dem no meet am, no food be that.”
“I hear you. Sha gimme the things. I dey wait.”
“I dey come. Make I call them. I sha hope dem never sell am.”
“If they don sell am, dem go buy am back.”
Okuta looked at him with disgust. He walks away to pick his phone and starts to bark out instructions.
Lado looked at the girl.
She was smoking and staring at him. When their eyes met, she smiled and winked at him. The wrapper on her chest slipped down an inch or two, hiding only the summit of her bosom. His eyes followed the drop and then returned to her face. She smiled and winked again.
He looked away.

Re: Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets by olulu(m): 3:13am On Aug 17, 2020
CHAPTER TWO

"...may we not walk when the ground is seeking blood to drink in Jesus's name. May bullets not be shot at us and may knives not be thrown at us in Jesus's name. May axe not be used to remove our head and may hammer not be used to smash our skull in Jesus's name. May birds not eat our flesh and may dogs not lick our blood… "

She chuckled. “This old woman sha, why all these funny funny prayers this morning,” she thought to herself. “Time dey go and I’ve plenty things to do today o. Kai, I need to even iron my skirt before dem take light. I need to call my source for the scoop he promised me. I hope my psycho boss won’t give me stress today. I fit vex yab am o.”
Her mind flashed back to the conversation with her boss over 3 weeks ago.
“You know Fisayo Soyombo went undercover to get into Pedro police cell and Kirikiri prison. He gained international recognition cos of that and also won awards. You should do something like that too,” her boss had stated.
“But oga, I be woman o, what if they rape me?” She had protested.
“Won’t that be the highlight of the story? And will you be the first to be raped?”
“Haa.”
“Look, we are an investigative media organization. I need scandal, I need controversy, I need conflict. Get me these or get out!”
“But oga, I am handling financial news and stuff.”
“Young lady, all financial institutions especially banks, have skeletons in their cupboard. You have friends working in banks. Get them to show you where the skeleton is hidden. We will do the rest.”
“Hmm.”
“Let’s ruffle some feathers and be seen by power blocs as someone to be taken serious. We can even spur EFCC into doing their job or a media trial or both sef.”
“Ok sir.”
“We will also get international recognition and collaboration, and with that comes funding. Do you understand? “
“I do sir.”
“Now get to work and earn your pay.”
“Ok sir.”
She noticed everywhere was silent. She opened her eyes and saw her grandma staring at her.
“You are not saying amen,” stated her grandmother, who stopped praying to look at her.
“Sorry grandma, amen ma,” Erowo replied.
Her grandmother continued the early morning prayer, and Erowo responded loudly and intermittently with amen.

“Amen,” Lotanna said and closed the door behind him.
He got into the SUV and put on the Uber app to set his destination to V.I. He decided to wait a little while before driving off in his car.

He had lost his banking job about 7 months ago. And after 4 months of applying for jobs and not getting one, as well as, seeing his wife’s pregnancy steadily progress, he knew he needed to start earning fast.
The need to do something was also heightened by the fact that most of his severance pay was used to offset his outstanding car loan. He had bought an SUV a year before he lost his job. Thus, he had had to dip into his savings and liquidate most of his investments to supplement his cashflow.
Prior to his 7 years stint at the bank, he had worked as a bouncer, security guard, bullion van driver, and mechanic. Given his assorted working experience, he realized that the car can be an asset if used rightly. So he decided to become an Uber driver.

He had also reasoned with his wife that becoming an Uber driver was a way to play it safe. And God willing, he might meet a passenger that can help him get a well-paying job.

This was his 3rd month as an Uber driver and he can only be grateful to God that things had not turned out as bad as he had feared. He knew some of his colleagues, who also lost their jobs, were working on traveling out to Canada. While some had invested in a business and lost it all.

His phone beeped and flashed. He looked and saw there was a request for his service. He dialed the number.
Re: Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets by olulu(m): 3:14am On Aug 17, 2020
CHAPTER THREE

AlawoDre sat on the balcony looking at the quiet street below. In another 30 minutes, the street will come alive with people and activities. He had been woken early in the morning by a phone call. It was his political God-Father.
His mind went over the conversation again.
“Aburo, bawo ni. I trust you are doing great.”
“I am fine sir.”
“Good. Iyawo ati awon omo nko? I’m sure you are taking good care of them.”
“Won wa dada, thank you sir.”
"Jor aburo, your boys attacked two of my people late last night in Mushin. They took away an iPhone and Mac notebook. I need it back today."

“Ok sir.”
“O se aburo, we will talk later.”
“Yes sir.”
Though she could not recognize the faces of the people in the dream or even recollect actual events. But the sight of a bird, a dog, and a young lady on her knees with blood spurting from her belly through her hands, was terrifying for her.

She had called the two Pastors she knows and they had prayed with her.
As Grandma continued to watch Erowo silently, she hoped her prayers would be enough.
Though she didn't tell him, she was happy he left the bank job. "Or rather the bank job left him," she said aloud with a smile.

She had hated the fact that the bank job made him leave early in the morning and come back late in the night every weekday including Saturdays. Their sex life was affected by it. Because on days when he was willing and able to have sex with her, he never did more than 5 thrusts before falling asleep.

Now he usually came in for quickies in the afternoons and their lovemaking at night was now as awesome as ever. She loved the way he usually comes to stand behind her in the kitchen and rub his hardness against her buttocks. And when she leans into him, he will gather her breasts in his hands, gently squeeze them and tweak the nipples. Then he will turn her around, lift her up her onto the kitchen table, and plunge into her. And as he is thrusting into her, he will also be squeezing and sucking on her breasts. She loved it that he usually tries to ensure she cums before he ejaculates.

Her body shivered at the memory and she smiled.
“Maybe I should go get him for a quick one,” she thought to herself.
She snapped out of her reverie when she heard the car start and he drove off.

Re: Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets by Pimpstar: 9:09am On Aug 17, 2020
Ride on OP
✌✌

1 Like

Re: Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets by olulu(m): 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
Pimpstar:
Ride on OP

✌✌

Duly noted, now riding like a ruff rider

1 Like

Re: Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets by olulu(m): 8:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
CHAPTER FOUR

At the Force Headquarters

“How could you guys have fumbled such a simple assignment?” asked their boss angrily.
“Sorry sir,” the guy and the lady chorused.
“Don’t fucking sorry me,” he shouted.
“Ok sir.”
“What the Bleep happened?”
"We got to the place around 9pm and waited in the compound for a neighbor or someone to come back so he or she can lead us to his apartment. This was to allow us to access his apartment without fuss or struggle," said Samuel.

“Ok, go on.”
The lady, Patricia, continued, "A neighbor came in and at gunpoint led us to the apartment of the guy we were after. The guy opened the door when he heard the voice of the neighbor. We immediately pushed the neighbor in and rushed in as well."

“I’m listening,” said their boss.
"We got his iPhone and Mac notebook. But the guy tried to grab Patricia's gun and her mask removed in the scuffle. So we shot him and the neighbor," Samuel said.

“Hmm.”
“But we left the baby untouched,” Patricia added.
Their boss frowned and said, “baby?”
“Yes sir. A toddler actually.
“No wife?”
“There was no one else in the apartment. We checked it twice before we left.”
“Ok. So how did you lose the items?” asked their boss.
"We were coming from Ire Akari Estate in Isolo, and there was heavy traffic on the way to Oshodi, probably because the 3rd mainland bridge was closed for repairs. So we decided to drive through Mushin and come out at Ojuelegba en-route Lagos Island.”
“Ok.”
“We were negotiating a bad portion of the road when the rear windshield was shattered by a large stone. And then almost immediately, a 2nd stone shattered the windshield. With glass flying everywhere, we were disoriented and before we could get our guns out, the boy attacked us. They must have been 10 to 15 of them. They took everything in the car and on us. Even our guns.”
“Hmm, you guys bleeped up.”
“Sorry sir.”
“How did you get a phone to call me at that time?” he asked them.
Patricia replied, “I use two phones. I always hide one under the seat when I am in the car.”
“You should also have had two guns, don’t you think so?”
“Sorry sir,” they chorused.
“Ok, go home. Clean yourself up, and come back to the office.”
When they left his office, their boss picked up the phone on his table and said, “did you get all that sir?”
“Yes, I did,” said the Bank Chairman.
“Do you want us to storm Mushin?”
“No, I have someone handling that.”
“You sure sir?”
“Yes, I’m sure. I will let you know if I need you.”
“Ok sir. Sorry for the issues caused by my guys.”
The line went dead.
Re: Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets by olulu(m): 8:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
CHAPTER FIVE

“I don call,” Okuta said, “they wan confirm where the things dey. So them go bring am.”
“Ok, I dey wait,” Lado said and sat down crossing his legs. “You no go offer me something to drink?
“Wetin you want? I no get anything wey you go like,” Okuta retorted.
Lado chuckled. “Ok, ba yawa.”
Okuta stared at him with animosity and went to sit down beside the girl.
Okuta had been the right-hand man of AlawoDre until Lado showed up. Lado was a graduate and he was not.

About 2 years ago, Lado had tried to sell insurance to AlawoDre at a social function and AlawoDre had taken a liking to him. So he invited Lado for a second meeting at his office.
At the second meeting, AlawoDre had convinced Lado to come work for him, because he wanted to launder his image from a henchman to a possible political appointee. So he, AlawoDre, needed someone who was educated and could guide him on social issues, as well as, represent him at public functions.
The two had clicked and Lado had gradually emerged as AlwaoDre's right-hand man.

Thus, Okuta began to report to Lado instead of AlawoDre and he resented that.
Okuta used to be the go-to-guy to lead gang wars in the early days of his thug life. AlawoDre had quickly spotted his devilish nature and promoted him ahead of his contemporaries.
He had been born on the streets and grew up not knowing his father or mother. As an infant, he had been taken in and catered for in an orphanage, where he got some basic primary school education. But at age 10, the lady in charge of the orphanage was killed during a gang war. Thus, all the 11 children that were in the orphanage ended up on the street. Of the 11 children, he was the youngest, and 25 years later, he was the only one still alive.

Everything he had gotten in life had been paid for by his tears, sweat, and blood. Violence was not a way of life for him, violence was his life. It was what he grew up on, it was the language he was taught, and it was the only leadership principle he understood.

He was in charge of the Ojuwoye region of Mushin, and he wanted more power to himself. But with Lado now ahead of him, he might not get it.
“Unless something happen wey go kill am sharp sharp,” Okuta thought and smiled devilishly.
Lado watched Okuta from the corner of his eyes. The feeling of distrust was mutual. He saw Okuta smile and he smiled inwardly to himself.
Unknown to most people except AlawoDre, Lado had been the hitman of the Dark Cats Confraternity till he graduated from the University. The Dark Cats were a notorious and violent cult group that operated in many University campuses in the country. As their top assassin, he was never apprehended by the authorities and he never missed a target.

“Well, except one,” he thought to himself. But nobody except himself and the “supposed victim” knew about it.
His father who at that time, was a Major in the Army, ensured he attended a military secondary school and then Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA). But after his first year, he was dismissed from NDA for his penchant for recklessness. And when he later gained admission into the University, after leaving NDA, it did not take much convincing for him to become a cult member. This allowed him to continue to exercise his reckless streak without restraint. With his daredevil nature, he had quickly risen through the ranks. However, while his nickname, Lado, was known and feared, his real identity was shrouded in mystery all throughout his days in the University.

As AlawoDre's right-hand man, he was tagged as Mr. Nice Guy by those who met and spoke with him. This was because he now had better control of his emotions, looked, and sounded polished.

However, he did not earn AlawoDre’s trust by mere talk. He had had to shed blood more than once to prove his loyalty.
Lado knew there was no love lost between him and Okuta. He realized, sooner than later, one of them would send the other on a one way trip to the grave.

From the very first time she had stepped into Lagos, she had loved the vibes of the city. She knew she would ensure she did her National Youth Service year in Lagos and after NYSC she was not returning to Abuja.
Her parents had settled in Abuja after the family had relocated from the USA when she was age 10. She had done her secondary school in Abuja and returned to the USA for her 1st degree in Communication and Media Studies and then her Masters in Investigative Journalism.
She came back to Nigeria and got her Dad to influence her posting to Lagos State. It was not really hard to persuade her Dad. They usually spent Christmas in Lagos in Grandpa's house. Though Grandpa was late now Grandma was still very much alive and well, and she doted on the grandchildren.

She also knew her way around Lagos as her cousins, who were based in Lagos, ensured they took her and her younger brother to the fun spots and concerts each and every time they had the chance.
Thus, during NYSC she moved in with Grandma and stayed on after NYSC.
She was posted to a school as an English teacher during NYSC. So her first real job was as an intern with a TV station. She functioned more as a research assistant and never got to present any show before she left there after a year. Her second job was at a Radio Station, where she also functioned as a research assistant, She left after just 6 months.
Her heart desire was to become a top investigative journalist like Barbara Laker, who won the 2010 Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting. She got her current job by showing up there for 2 consecutive weeks, asking to work for free. It was a foremost Newsagency, who had a strong emphasis on investigative journalism. When she started the job, her superiors were impressed by her diligence and passion, that they agreed to pay her salary from the 2nd month and even paid the 1st month in arrears. She loved her job and everything was perfect. Well, except for her direct superior, who got on her case once she began to receive the monthly salary.
Money was never a motivation for her because with her parent's wealth and the trust fund they set up for her and her brother, she could afford not to work. But the quest to be recognized and appreciated in her field was her sole motivation.

She worked on her boss's suggestion to investigate financial fraud and insider abuse in banks. But it was hard getting anyone to agree to spill the beans on the atrocities that go on in the banks where they work. All feared the repercussion of being found out. However, she got lucky when she complained to her cousin, who knew someone who was planning to relocate to Canada and needed money. So it was not if the information will be provided, it was for how much. The source named a price and she matched it. The amount was the equivalent of the source's annual salary in US dollars.

Re: Smoking Guns and bleeding Streets by olulu(m): 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
Smoking Guns and Bleeding Streets is a gritty, gripping, and gravely real crime story.

The story is set in Lagos, Nigeria, West Africa.

It brings together an investigative journalist, an assassin, law enforcement agents and some shady characters. They are all in a race to obtain an incriminating piece of evidence.

To download your copy as an E-book, please click on any of the links below:

Flutterwave: https://flutterwave.com/pay/smokinggunsandbleedingstreets

Paystack: https://paystack.com/pay/smokinggunsandbleedingstreets

Amazon USA: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FZVKLXB/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_QFHoFbJE4XHDA

Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08FZVKLXB/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_TFHoFb8KTHXEN

(1) (Reply)

RAGE; A Flash Fiction And Other Short Literay Works / Is This History About Casava True Because I Dont Believe / Lagos Bar Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.