Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:32 PM

Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? (23034 Views)

High Paying Contract Job Or State Civil Service: Which Should I Choose? / Ondo State Board Of Internal Revenue Recruitment! / Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service-2017 Rercuitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Daddysidhan: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2020
Are you really sure you graduated from a university? If yes you won't be asking such a nonsensical question. People are doing everything possible to get government revenue service yet someone is asking for peoples opinion. This life is not balance at all.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by LZAA: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2020
A lot of ppl commenting did not read the OP's statement
He said he FEELS not that he has gotten the IRS job
Now OP if you do indeed get the IRS job go for it because the job security is way better
However stay in ur current job until it comes
Remember a bird in hand...
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Enyimbamercedes: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2020
Are you working for the money or are you working, enjoying what you do and being paid for enjoying what you do?

Which offers you more in terms of progression? Today it may be managing a small hotel, tomorrow you may go on to managing a 5 star hotel from years of experience.

What does working in a State Internal Revenue Agency offer you? Perhaps, a high-vis jacket, standing on the road trying to meet your monthly targets? A desk in a dreary office surrounded by musty files eating popcorn and groundnuts! Think am oooooo

1 Like

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Shutupthere: 11:25am On Aug 17, 2020
amiibaby:
Wait until u get the irs job before seeking our opinion
Hahaha savage
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by BoboNogoDie: 11:26am On Aug 17, 2020
meetme01:

I don't think you should be asking this question. Drop that managerial thought and accept the IRS job. There is really no job security in the former. The hotel can go bankrupt. Anything can happen and it goes down. The owner may die, political hustlers may decide to bring it down and all sorts.

Lots of opportunities in the State govt job. The salary may be small but that department, lots of hustle therein (drivers license, car particulars etc). With B.Sc you would be placed on level 8 step 2 and your take home would be betweem (52k-55k) that is, if your state is paying the new minimum wage. If not, minus 10K. In my state, that agency have special allowance every month. Government cannot fold up. They can owe you salary which they would definitely pay. You can further your studies. Career progression is imminent. Etc
Graduate 52-55k?
Lol!

Are you okay?
You think we are in 1990 abi?

You need to update yourself...

1 Like

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by adonainana: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2020
9gerian:
Please ignore any thought about career progression in the hotel.

The IRS always take care of their own. I saw one lady’s life change emphatically because she got a job with IRS.

She now lives in VI, drives an SUV and travels the world intermittently - not sure how she affords all of these though... but it all makes sense that those who work to bring in taxes would be well catered by the government.

What about the hundred of others who work in IRS and dont live in VI and dont drive an okada more less SUV or is everyone that works in IRS that lives in VI .

You can blow in any profession, I know a hotel manager who earns 1.5 million naira per month.

You can blow in anything so no question of VI this VI that, the VI you talking about, how many hotels are there and how many managers manage them and do you know how much they earn
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by adonainana: 11:37am On Aug 17, 2020
junglej:
You definitely have never worked in a hotel. There is noone who works in a hotel that does not wish to change jobs for greener pastures. Even General managers seek change also. I'm talking from experience.

No matter where you work, you will always want better, reason why i asked is he at the top where he is now and any chance he can move u and earn more money

Big hotels pay thier General Managers millions, i only asked any chance does he think he can ever get up as opposed to go to IRS and start all over again

quote author=adonainana post=92912053]Hmm tough choice, the hotel you work are you the a top manager there and is there signs that your salary may increase in the future

As funny as it sounds, hotel jobs are quite secured because no matter what hotel services are always in demand from travellers, students, runs girls, G boys, politicians and thier envoys, artisans, boyfriends and girlfriends etc

There is always moneythere although this covid 19 is changing a lot of things but the internal state job will not at first guarantee 100k starting salary and you will have to move up the ladder which takes years, by that time perhaps you could have probably became a top manager at the hotel and earn twice the 100k you earn now

So think about your career progression at the hotel first does it look like good

Besides hotels just don’t go bankrupt like that overnight, although the bigger hotels tend to feel any recession harder than the small hotels although they tend to make more money than the small hotels too when things was good anyway

So it depends oooo bro
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by karo93: 11:37am On Aug 17, 2020
With the govt job and any minor side hustle or little investment you will be able to carry up to 80k monthly......plus job security and career progression
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Drizzy5001(m): 11:40am On Aug 17, 2020
None... Go and do business u go blow
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by payloader(m): 11:41am On Aug 17, 2020
My gee, stay in the hotel and invest. Hotels hardly close down if well managed. Besides, you can always pack out of your house and move into the hotel to save rent, since you are not married. Stay away from womanizing because of the environment, and focus on the job. In a year you will thank me.

2 Likes

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by umarshehu58(m): 11:42am On Aug 17, 2020
Think about job security man. That is all you need

But you can't have a 100k salary in state job as a graduate. Maybe something around 50 to 60k i think. But if you can invest money you are getting from your present job and get another source of income, i think that will make sense
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by nams77: 11:53am On Aug 17, 2020
IRS... Think down the the road lil bro. There is little or no career path in Hotel job.
It is not secure (,forget all those people saying it, is).

Ur boss can wake up one morning and decide to fire you for no reason and u can't say Shi*t
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by meetme01: 11:54am On Aug 17, 2020
BoboNogoDie:

Graduate 52-55k?
Lol!

Are you okay?
You think we are in 1990 abi?

You need to update yourself...

Where do you work? You think they collect 150ak bah.? Pele

You better ask and confirm before you are disgraced.

1 Like

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by phorget(m): 11:58am On Aug 17, 2020
Continue with the hotel job please, try as much as possible to save up some funds then venture into your own personal business.
When you do your own business you'll always work within your own pace.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Nickisindigo(m): 12:06pm On Aug 17, 2020
Me Sef am waiting for school to return, collect my result and link up a government job

Government job is helpfull at this stage if you are not married cuz it would help you save and even if you don't engage in corruption you go still take some jare go house
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Snails: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
state internal revenue job does not have any security whatsoever.

I'm speaking from experience.
a governor can decide to one day change the head of the IRS, the head of IRS might decide he can't work with the workers he inherited. that will be the end of your job. State IRS is usually independent and or contracted out.
it has its autonomy to sack and recruit workers, this one no be civil service something.

if dem change governor the head of IRS go change that's for sure.

I will advice you to continue with your 100k job that you get almost everything free including accommodation and feeding.

while you work there you plan for your future. at least experience gained there will help you if 2mao you want to own a hotel, even if na short time outlet, you will know how to run Jr effectively.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by bigpicture001: 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
Honestly.. Nigerian are really very very lazy people.. Now I beleive Buhari very very much....

Y wouldn't you want to continue ur 100k job and plan and grow on it Tru investment instead preferring to work for 35k just because of corruption ND job security...

My friend turned down an 87k job in a federal university where as he huzle only 40k monthly.. Just cuz he saw prospect.. Now 1year later he employs 5persom and is worth 20million..cuz he actually grew.....

Which govt worker evn in the US is knows as a millionaire...? U guyz like to waste ur energetic youth days on lazy govt jobs cuz u will not be sacked..?

Indeed Buhari is right, we are all "lazy" Nigerian youths!

1 Like

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by tunize(m): 12:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ur question is annoying so 100k don block ur sharpness nor vex for the insult.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by wunaESQ(m): 12:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
go 4 a permanent and pensionable job... e get why
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by BoboNogoDie: 12:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
meetme01:

Where do you work? You think they collect 150ak bah.? Pele

You better ask and confirm before you are disgraced.
If you don't know something, just keep quiet. Instead of embarrassing yourself.
b.sc holders in state and fg paralstatals get placed or grade level 7 or 8 and none can earn less than 70k. The average is even 90k.
Get your facts right.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Ten06(m): 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
State internal revenue job sure pass
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by meetme01: 12:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
BoboNogoDie:

If you don't know something, just keep quiet. Instead of embarrassing yourself.
b.sc holders in state and fg paralstatals get placed or grade level 7 or 8 and none can earn less than 70k. The average is even 90k.
Get your facts right.

Tell me the State, pls. I would like to work in that state.

You are spewing rubbish. Ask before you write.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by ruggedtimi(m): 12:35pm On Aug 17, 2020
Really comparing irs job to a hotel manager .. IRS Job is for life
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Francisayo(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2020
Pls do u have space in ur hotel.... I need a job too im a graduate fellow
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by na2016: 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Odion2016:

Hop you r not advising OP from the corruption view of things?
Cos the only way he will make good money in SIRS will be through corrupt means...
The salary is small but will increase in aliquots over the years..
The only advantage of SIRS is just peace of mind,job security and right connections..

I am not sir/madam. There is job security there instead of hotel job that can close down the following day. I strongly beleive in gradual growth and SIRS will give him that opportunity to grow and develope himself, marry and have a life.

1 Like

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by donPhill(m): 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
jacobnel:
Maybe to answer manager dey hungry you.Abeg make you no dey ask that kind question. Hotel
Work no be work.its stressful and at the end of day ,they will pay you peanut as salary. You know fit compare them my brother. Assuming naa multinational company naa that one you for talk.Abeg Resigned the Hotel Job and go and resume your work in your State Inland Revenue Service where you go get better careers growth and opportunities. Within one year your life no go be the same
link me up with the hotel na, make i see something de survive abeg, i get experience in hotel management and services.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by frozen70(f): 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2020
ChildofFavor:
Please house, I need you advice.
Currently, I am a duty/maintenance manager in a hotel and I earn about 100k monthly, the job is stressful as I only spend a night in my house every week, most times I sleep in the hotel because I work night. I am not complaining about the stress for now, because I am not married.

I feel that I may get a job as a graduate in a State Internal Revenue agency. But I want to seek advice from people who may have worked there before. Do they pay well? As a graduate, will I earn up to 100k? If its less than 100k, would you advise me to go for it?

Summarily, Hoetl Manager and State Internal Revenue Staff, which one should I go for?

Pls go for internal revenue

There is job security there

There is chances of promotion is there

You will have your own freedom

You may have side kicks as the case may be

Lastly, you will be pensionable

But the hotel manager is audio, one day his friend or relatives will eye that post and, vom that's the end

But keep the secret to yourself and don't let anyone know about it within your work place, eve your best friend

The mind of everyone one can't really be seen
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by MrSquint: 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
There's no comparison, the SIRS pays far better, apart from your monthly salary, you're entitled to other benefits that includes job security.

Be sure of the state job before leaving your hotel job though.
I wish you success
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
I prefer to stay in Dubai bedspace and be earning 300k than to be in Nigeria claiming am doing cooperate work and be earning peanut
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Ategberoson(m): 1:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
is the state internal revenue a contract work? the owner might terminate your work anytime without even prior notice if one of his family need job

if the SIR is permanent, don't even ask question, job security consideration first before any salary plus you go dey see tips for SIR
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Harrykn: 1:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
Big man, go for the govt job, more qualifications, strong connections, job security and other incentives. Don't forget my launch.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Chinny024(f): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
Governor might wake up one hilarious day and demolish the hotel... Use ur tongue and Count ur teeth...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Recruitment: Nigerian Air Force Releases New List Of Successful Candidates / Top Interview Mistakes You Should Avoid / The Amazing Way I Got A Job With A Poor Grade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.