Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? (23063 Views)

High Paying Contract Job Or State Civil Service: Which Should I Choose? / Ondo State Board Of Internal Revenue Recruitment! / Kaduna State Internal Revenue Service-2017 Rercuitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by jpride(m): 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
ChildofFavor:
Please house, I need you advice.
Currently, I am a duty/maintenance manager in a hotel and I earn about 100k monthly, the job is stressful as I only spend a night in my house every week, most times I sleep in the hotel because I work night. I am not complaining about the stress for now, because I am not married.

I feel that I may get a job as a graduate in a State Internal Revenue agency. But I want to seek advice from people who may have worked there before. Do they pay well? As a graduate, will I earn up to 100k? If its less than 100k, would you advise me to go for it?

Summarily, Hoetl Manager and State Internal Revenue Staff, which one should I go for?

If u get IRS job, run with ur shoes leave hotel
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by earnit3: 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
None create yours
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Gerrard59(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
Lordsonn:
How would a reasonable man compare managerial position in a local hotel with IRS job? This man doesn't have a future plan. Go for IRS job and stop comparing two unequal opportunities. IRS will not pay you up to 100k a month but it's far better. Kano State KIRS pay 65k for graduate entry but it is far better than any hotel job.

Including Eko Hotels, Marriot, Hiltons etc?

@Topic: Judging from the responses, most Nigerians would rather work in civil service instead of private enterprises yet same people cajole others to become entrepreneurs and be an employer.

Clowns!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by Gerrard59(m): 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
earnit3:
None create yours

Just like I said above, clowns! To him, he's an entrepreneur because he trades in binary blah blah blah.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by iluvdonjazzy: 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2020
meetme01:

I don't think you should be asking this question. Drop that managerial thought and accept the IRS job. There is really no job security in the former. The hotel can go bankrupt. Anything can happen and it goes down. The owner may die, political hustlers may decide to bring it down and all sorts.

Lots of opportunities in the State govt job. The salary may be small but that department, lots of hustle therein (drivers license, car particulars etc). With B.Sc you would be placed on level 8 step 2 and your take home would be betweem (52k-55k) that is, if your state is paying the new minimum wage. If not, minus 10K. In my state, that agency have special allowance every month. Government cannot fold up. They can owe you salary which they would definitely pay. You can further your studies. Career progression is imminent. Etc
you are talking about basic salary here, level 8 take home pay is between 70-80k.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by don4real18(m): 6:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
The politics in state government jobs is bewildering as most new government tends to sack and bring in their supporters. Work at the hotel, save enough money and bring it so that both of us can japa from this country. grin
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by ImaIma1(f): 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2020
ChildofFavor:
Currently, I am a duty/maintenance manager in a hotel and I earn about 100k monthly, the job is stressful as I only spend a night in my house every week, most times I sleep in the hotel because I work night. I am not complaining about the stress for now, because I am not married.

I feel that I may get a job as a graduate in a State Internal Revenue agency. But I want to seek advice from people who may have worked there before. Do they pay well? As a graduate, will I earn up to 100k? If its less than 100k, would you advise me to go for it?

Summarily, Hoetl Manager and State Internal Revenue Staff, which one should I go for?

The hotel manager job is a good one because there is room for growth and you can easily move around the hospitality sector and grow. Also, the government job is also good, though IRS is not somewhere you expect to make it or be a millionaire anytime soon with that salary.

My friend has been stuck there for years now and moving somewhere else is not that easy because the job she does is specific to IRS and might not be useful in another sector.

Ultimately, it is your decision. If it were FIRS, I would have told you to quit the hotel job immediately.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by LordReed(m): 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2020
ChildofFavor:

Depends on the state salary scale and the level you'll be entering in as. You need to confirm that.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by abbiboy: 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
See question may be u're accustomed to suffering.Continue as hotel mgr.
Re: Manager In A Hotel Or State Internal Revenue Job? by ninodaniel(m): 10:53am On Aug 19, 2020
Oh God see people dey choose between two jobs but i don't even have half job.
But I believe u God...i know u will show up for ur children... I know it will all end in praise... I still love the idea of having a government Job in future...my helper will surely locate me soon Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Amazing Way I Got A Job With A Poor Grade / How To Get Job Offers Via Linkedin / Police Recruitment: 110,469 Applicants Shortlisted By Police Service Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.