Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,649 members, 7,801,891 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano (38490 Views)

UNICEF Kicks: 13-Year-Old Omar Farouq Sentenced To 10 Years Jail For Blasphemy / Teenage Boy Jailed For Life For Stabbing Nigerian To Death In London. Photo / Nigerian Boy Jailed For Carrying Out Acid Attack Robberies In London. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Deicide: 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nbotee:
What I dont understand is why d sharia law supersedes the constitution of the Federal Republic. Is there a special sharia jail or he'll still be confined to Nigerian Prisons facility? Last I remember a 10yr old is underaged and Nigerian Prisons were set up by the constitution not sharia
Lol our constitution support sharia 100 percent. You have to pick that book and read it for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Houstency(m): 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
Captainrambo2:
you re neither here nor there.

Its seems one of your parents is a Muslim while the other is a christian undecided undecided

Don't mind that guy, he his playing to the gallery. Check his antecedents here on NL, he has always been a part of them, a Jihadist and an extremist. He only speaks from both sides of his mouth to deflect attention or make him sound objective!
Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Meekha(m): 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
I repeat, this court DO NOT DARE uphold this insane verdict.

Let them try it and face the wrath of the US and the international community.

Only then we'll know how powerless an ideology can be in the face of competent governments and laws

You can't be shoving laws meant for the stone ages on 21st century humans.

Stop making Nigeria a laughing stock to the international community NOW!

3 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by omoharry(f): 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2020
Ganduje was caught with his pant down stuffing dollars into his pocket .His hands were not cut off nor was he considered a thief .The sharia court looked the other way and continue with their business of only persecuting the poor and non-entities in thier state.
What does a boy of 13 years know about blasphemy?He is a minor for Christ sake . He is going to be locked up for 10years for what h barely understands .Shame on you Muslim northetners and your backward & your hypocritical way of reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by peacemara54(m): 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Glory be to God in the highest. The father of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. He who pardon sins and forgive iniquities. He cleanse also and wash sinners from sin.

Their own blood sucking god, doesnt forgive or pardon. It's an instant judgement of death. god who kills and such blood. god that depends on humans to fight for him.

god who permits immorality, adultery and fornication in the name of polygamy. god who encourages teen marriage and paedophiles. What strange god is this? Yes millions blindly follows, knoding their heads on the floor each day, till they die and pass to eternal damination.

Hmm... God will deliver as many willing to be liberated from that shackles and bondage of the blood sucking demons living inside the sun

Nigeria continue to spend huge amount on problem created by this their blood sucking god. Terrorism and banditry.

The major problem Nigeria is facing now, come from that religion , lay down by that blood sucking god.

His boys continue to kill, chanting " western education is a sin but yet, they use weapons manufacture through western education. Their bosses rode on super cars created through western education. They have bank where they store money, transfer or wire , yet, western education is a sin.

To attain our height as a nation and to achieve a supersonic development, we need to deal with, or detach all clogs in the wheel of progress

5 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by P1PrinceKT(m): 2:01pm On Aug 17, 2020
If 1.7 bn Muslims accept Shari'a as their way of life. How can I kill my Self.
Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Roofingpro(m): 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2020
Resourceful
Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by cronsberg: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
People here are funny sha. Look at it this way. Sharia law = laws as ordained by God
constitution = laws as ordained by humans.

To look at any person who believes in God and tell him to disregard the laws of God and yet uphold man made laws is exactly the same as telling that person to simply abandon his religion. which sensible believer in God will do that? If you believe that there is a creator, then you must be out of your mind to disregard his laws. just because christians refuse to follow divine laws as laid out clearly in the Bible and Torah, and instead sit down among themselves and conjure up laws, then call it constitution, it doesn't mean Muslims will do the same.
it reeks of hypocrisy on the part of Christians to believe that going to church on Sundays is ordained by God, singing praises and Psalms and abstinence and tithing and marrying only one wife etc are divine instructions or laws, yet on the same breathe refuse to follow the other laws in both the old and new testament such as not eating pork, covering the hair for women, stoning the adulterous etc and they want Muslims to also make mockery of their religion. it doesn't work that way. if you believe in God, then you go all the way and believe all his commands and instructions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
Very Apt

Amotolongbo:
Imagine this dumb minds killing for the same god that can’t kill those that are killing them in their land daily.

Thank God I wasn’t born there in Kano, I would have been executed a very long time ago
Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Benmob: 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
That way I love trump for this he will not take diz nonsense (this is America don't bring ur law but if u don't obey d America law go back to ur country) an many were against him including many christians and celebrities becus many don't know about Sharia law

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by steeltrust: 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nbotee:
What I dont understand is why d sharia law supersedes the constitution of the Federal Republic. Is there a special sharia jail or he'll still be confined to Nigerian Prisons facility? Last I remember a 10yr old is underaged and Nigerian Prisons were set up by the constitution not sharia
d tin confuse me

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Odion2016(m): 2:04pm On Aug 17, 2020
TheRealProphet:
North disgust me.

Islam irritates me.

I spits on their Sharia law. angry

Modified:TemiIsreal607 owner of D-Tech data solutions is a scammer!! His number is 09034336128 and acct number gtb 0171047045..don't do biz wit him.

Bleep Lord Luggard...cant believe I exist in same nation as these religious biased uncultured fools....

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by stormborn28(m): 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
And their senators are busy banging 13 years old and 15 years old girls

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Drizzy5001(m): 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
Useless law.
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by ylaa(f): 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
I thank God for you also.

Amotolongbo:
Imagine this dumb minds killing for the same god that can’t kill those that are killing them in their land daily.

Thank God I wasn’t born there in Kano, I would have been executed a very long time ago
Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by nkiliuzo(m): 2:11pm On Aug 17, 2020
my God, is this happening in the same country I live in?? north why na, who do una like this. why do you keep on doing all this. I have never been a fan of Biafra but if this sh*t actually happens in naija, abeg make we just separate

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by chloride6: 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
Omo na wa ooh.

grin
Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by PrinceGallant: 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2020
Marine54:
Pls where is freedom of speech that is enshrined in 1999 constitutiona?? This people are fast working towards total Islamization this country...

So to your arrogant self, freedom of speech means you can say anything you like. Get sense now. There is no absolute freedom without being checkmated, else there would be confusion and disorder in the land.

As for your haughtily conclusion of "working towards total Islamization this country"; I tell you, you are just suffering from Islamophobia

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by tot(f): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
What exactly is going on with Arrewa people these days? Very disheartening reading this. This is 2020 for goodness sake. Haba.

2 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by cococandy(f): 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
Very shameful

2 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by cococandy(f): 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2020
Oh shut the total fvck up.

PrinceGallant:

So to your arrogant self, freedom of speech means you can say anything you like. Get sense now. There is no absolute freedom without being checkmated, else there would be confusion and disorder in the land.

As for your haughtily conclusion of "working towards total Islamization this country"; I tell you, you are just suffering from Islamophobia

4 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Jabioro: 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2020
The country law is becoming subverted to useless Muhammadan archaic rule..the federal ministry of justice is blind to this monkery...

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by cococandy(f): 2:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
Believe for yourselves. Don’t force it on others to believe or act in accordance with your faith or lack of it.

How arrogant can you religious d*ngbats be?

cronsberg:
People here are funny sha. Look at it this way. Sharia law = laws as ordained by God

To look at any person who believes in God and tell him to disregard the laws of God and yet uphold man made laws is exactly the same as telling that person to simply abandon his religion. which sensible believer in God will do that? If you believe that there is a creator, then you must be out of your mind to disregard his laws. just because christians refuse to follow divine laws as laid out clearly in the Bible and Torah, and instead sit down among themselves and conjure up laws, then call it constitution, it doesn't mean Muslims will do the same.
it reeks of hypocrisy on the part of Christians to believe that going to church on Sundays is ordained by God, singing praises and Psalms and abstinence and tithing and marrying only one wife etc are divine instructions or laws, yet on the same breathe refuse to follow the other laws in both the old and new testament such as not eating pork, covering the hair for women, stoning the adulterous etc and they want Muslims to also make mockery of their religion. it doesn't work that way. if you believe in God, then you go all the way and believe all his commands and instructions.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Corroro: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by zinodizt: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
F*cking insane sect.... those guys are animals... stupid mentality they have to imagine boko haram members are given amnesty is gross
Opexzy:
It's a waste of time and stupidity for you to kill and jail on behalf of a God that you claimed to be the most powerful and creator of heaven and earth

It's either everything you are preaching about that God is nothing but a fiction passed on from one generation to another or you don't know the God at all which makes you a beast and a terrorist.

Killing for the God that can't kill the terrorists and bandits ravaging your land is simply insane.

2 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by 2busy: 2:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
Death Sentence For Blasphemy At Kano: A beautiful Perspective by O. G. Chukkol. Put sentiment aside and read through.

"I have been following arguments on social media for the past two days about the death sentence passed on one Yahaya Aminu Sheriff for blasphemy (insulting prophet Mohammed PBH) at Kano.

Let me make few observations here:

1. There is actually a Shariah Penal Code law in Kano state

2. The said Shariah Penal Code makes provision for offences and punishments recognized in Islam

3. The Shariah Penal Code Law prohibits blasphemy and a violator risks death sentence. See section section 382 thereof.

4. The Shariah Penal Code Law of Kano applies to Muslims only

5. The Shariah Penal Code Law of Kano does not apply to non Muslims. So a Christian or any other non Muslim cannot be prosecuted under the law except if he consents to it

6. Sheriff was tried and convicted under the Shariah Penal Code Law because he was a Muslim.

7. Sheriff has the right to appeal to a higher court for his conviction to be reviewed or set aside if the trial court was wrong.

8. Governor of Kano State has the final say on Sheriff's conviction. He can pardon Sheriff and allow him go free or change the punishment or sign death warrant for Sheriff to be executed/killed as ordered by court

9. A non Muslim who insults prophet Mohammed or commits any other form of blasphemy can at best be tried under the general Penal Code law for defamation or breach of public peace or any other related offence depending on exactly what the person says

In view of the foregoing, I will completely refrain from commenting on the appropriateness of death sentence for blasphemy because it is an Islamic injunction entrenched in a written law. Besides, I may not even be objective about it because I am not a Muslim, but a Christian. I will only end up pouring my sentiment in the guise of criticism. To me, is not even logical to use my religion to condemn another religion.

I submit further, for the purpose of emphasis, that the offence of blasphemy applies to Muslims only and they are in support of it. They are comfortable with it because their religion provides for it. I cannot take panadol for somebody's headache

Had it been the offence applies to non Muslims also, I would have immediately condemned it for being unconstitutional.

It should be noted that the Shariah Penal Code was enacted pursuant to section 38 of the constitution which provides for right to freedom of religion and sections 4 and 6 of the constitution which gives states power to make laws and also establish courts for themselves and also section 36(12) which provides that person can be convicted for an offence only if the said offence is defined in a written law with sanctions attached.

That is to say, the Supreme Law of the land has given them backing. They can practice their religion provided that a non Muslim shall not be affected.

Let me drop my pen here. Everything I put down here is strictly my opinion and I may be wrong.

Greetings Ladies and gentlemen"
Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Karmatyra(f): 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2020
cronsberg:

well I believe that is why Christians and Muslims don't worship thesame God. kos if they do,they would be on thesame page don't you think?

5 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by zinodizt: 2:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
The ppl who wrote it must be stupid then
Deicide:
Lol our constitution support sharia 100 percent. You have to pick that book and read it for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by walozanga(m): 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2020
WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT THIS TOTAL ISLAMIC AGENDA IDIOTS WILL START TALKING RUBBISH. (WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS ONE NOW?)
SHARIA LAW ABOVE THE CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC.

THUNDER FIRE ALL OF UNA

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by ProfChris10(m): 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
Nigeria is sitting on a time bomb. Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by Marine54(m): 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
PrinceGallant:

Shut the hell up ! You're jailing an innocent boy for a god that can not even fight for himself ! Backwards people!

3 Likes

Re: Blasphemy: Umar Farouq, 13-Year-Old Boy Jailed For 10 Years In Kano by TheBedWench: 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2020
Freemasons are in Islam and are shameless hypocrites. Anyone that rises in power anywhere in the world has to be a Freemason which is a pagan cult or member of another pagan cult ran by Freemasons. Pagans are idol god worshippers! Islam and Hebrewism the true religions of the one God Almighty forbids idol worship. It is a shame to imprison a little child while allowing Muslims to destroy Islam within through secret societies of pagan polytheistic worship.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Beaten For Slapping A Lady On The Street. Photos/Video / Flood Carries 2 Persons At UNN, Nsukka, Kills Them (Graphic Photo)s / Robbers Caught On CCTV Looting Supermarket In Akwa Ibom. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.