Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,444 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees (45970 Views)

Appeal Court’s Certified Judgment Affirms Governor Abba’s Election - Kano AG / Appeal Court Overturns Nullification Of Diri’s Election As Bayelsa Governor / Tribunal Chairman Disagrees To Judgement Declaring Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by Miracle1991: 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2020
WATCHOVER:

The certificate case first came up in Federal High Court before it went to supreme Court
okay o, we are waiting.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by Emyogalanya: 9:44pm On Aug 17, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
His opinion , since majority on the bench have voted in favour of new election.
i told you all this in the other thread. Stop consoling yourself. The guy is 34 years as at the time , that apart the party still missed out the required 14 days period to subtitute him after inec gave them clue on his ineligibility. Or are you guys planning on another back door supreme court governor again they should let this thing go appeal court will over turn it and even supreme court will do the same. All this is hand work of buhari
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by kolade560: 9:53pm On Aug 17, 2020
Miracle1991:
a renowned failure that build second Niger bridge,a renowned failure that renovate all international airports in Nigeria,a renowned failure that build Port in rivers State, a renowned failure that construct Lagos ibadan railway and Lagos ibadan road, a renowned failure that give States bail out when about 24 states couldn't pay salaries for over a year.
I love this renowned failure.

Keep shut , a fool like u.
Do u know what presidency mean
is that an achievement for over 5 years??
When in history has Nigeria been this economically downward?? what's the security standard of this country what of employment??
do u just judge a govt performance from borrow and construct money that has jeopardized d future of this country.
Goats like you will come online to talk ignorantly and argue stupidly.
In 1984/1985 we saw how this useless buhari govt led us to a point of no return with tyrannical tendencies, hence, we warned u not to vote him in 2015. with. all this backwardness and disorderliness going on in this country under that incompetent illiterate president, u still have the gut to to say rubbish. u are better read than living.
u and ur likes are a disgrace to this nation.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by sapientia(m): 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
I enjoyed this thread.

Ejimatic

Fergie001

AAA593

ORIENTATION101

Engineerboat

Thank you guys for keeping it cool

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by fergie001: 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2020
sapientia:
I enjoyed this thread.

Always welcome Sir.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by Angrymode: 10:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
[s]
cpu2006:
Take it or leave it, Diri will spend 8yrs in Office as a Governor of Bayelsa.
[/s]

I leave this your trash in the bin where it belongs
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by ejimatic: 10:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
sapientia:
I enjoyed this thread.

Ejimatic

Fergie001

AAA593

ORIENTATION101

Engineerboat

. I respect justice Sirajo on electoral matter.I however want the appeal court to determine the flowing: Is the disqualification of the ADP premeditated constitutional and based on technicality? In my opinion INEC laid ambush for the ADP to exclude the party ...
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by idahme(m): 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2020
JAMO84:
Two head is better than one. Justice Suraju should go and sit down, PDP is dead in Bayelsa

I disagree, 50 bad heads is not equal to one good head

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by fergie001: 10:22pm On Aug 17, 2020
ejimatic:
. I respect justice Sirajo on electoral matter.I however want the appeal court to determine the flowing: Is the disqualification of the ADP premeditated constitutional and based on technicality? In my opinion INEC laid ambush for the ADP to exclude the party ...
I sent you a link....I don't think you have read it.

The APP in Kogi and Bayelsa took INEC to the FHC in Abuja last year and that they wanted the upcoming elections declared null and void..that they were excluded from the elections of Nov 16, 2019.

February 21 2020.....Justice Ojukwu upheld INEC's decision because the APP did same out of INEC stipulated time.

The matter was further dismissed at the Appeal Court by Justice Dongban-Mensem.

Again....Are you saying that a political party can pick a criminal as deputy, to steal votes from the State and INEC will sit idly by and watch?

One of the petitioners agreed that he did not meet the 35 years set up by the Constitution....should we then throw our Constitution under the bus?

Can that party now be said to have fulfilled all the constitutional requirements to participate in that election?

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by ejimatic: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2020
fergie001:

The APP in Kogi and Bayelsa took INEC to the FHC in Abuja last year..that they were excluded from the elections of Nov 16, 2019.

February 21 2020.....Justice Ojukwu upheld INEC's decision because the APP did same out of INEC stipulated time.

Again....Are you saying that a political party can pick a criminal as deputy, to steal votes from the State and INEC will sit idly by and watch?

One of the petitioners agreed that he did not meet the 35 years set up by the Constitution....should we then throw our Constitution under the bus?

Can that party now be said to have fulfilled all the constitutional requirements to participate in that election?
You brought out my area of concern.Thank you so much.INEC rejected the ADP deputy governor .The party substituted him but INEC refused to accept the substitution because it was status barred. The majority judgement faulted it possibly because it was a technicality or an attempt to frustrate the party and disqualify it from the election...I would be glad to see the reason the majority judgement has for accepting the plea of the petitioner.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by AAA593: 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
fergie001:

The APP in Kogi and Bayelsa took INEC to the FHC in Abuja last year..that they were excluded from the elections of Nov 16, 2019.

I don't know how those Judges came about the fresh election thing. This is a pre election matter and the deputy governorship candidate agreed that he was below 35 before the election including the late period he was replaced by his party. This is clear na

The reasons for the fresh election will not stand at all. Also, the chairman of the tribunal nailed it all with his judgment. People are applauding the chairman's judgement everywhere.

From the information i gathered, Douye diri will swear in his commissioners tomorrow after screenings and bayelsa will move on.

3 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by idahme(m): 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
two can play the game.
If inec doesnt appeal , fresh Election will be conducted.

As it stands PDP , APC should go and prepare for. Fresh Election, cos inec will not appeal

If I go wit ur submission then will like to say remove APC from the list, the best they could do is adopt another party's candidate. But really doubt if this ruling can stand the test of time considering it's a pretty election matter.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by fergie001: 10:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
ejimatic:
You brought out my area of concern.Thank you so much.INEC rejected the ADP deputy governor .The party substituted him but INEC refused to accept the substitution because it was status barred. The majority judgement faulted it possibly because it was a technicality or an attempt to frustrate the party and disqualify it from the election...I would be glad to see the reason the majority judgement has for accepting the plea of the petitioner.
The majority judgement centred on the fact that INEC has no powers to exclude or disqualify a candidate. It is the Court's responsibility.
That was the majority judgement.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by fergie001: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2020
AAA593:

I don't know how those Judges came about the fresh election thing. This is a pre election matter and the deputy governorship candidate agreed that he was below 35 before the election including the late period he was replaced by his party. This is clear na

The reasons for the fresh election will not stand at all. Also, the chairman of the tribunal nailed it all with his judgment. People are applauding the chairman's judgement everywhere.

From the information i gathered, Douye diri will swear in his commissioners tomorrow after screenings and bayelsa will move on.
Justice Sirajo has made it easy for Diri's lawyers.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by idahme(m): 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
court didnt order re-run.

APC is not in any side of the equation..

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by idahme(m): 10:43pm On Aug 17, 2020
ORIENTATION101:

If inec doesnt appeal . diri will vacate the seat until inec conduct fresh Election which will include APC candidate

Young man seek knowledge please. Don't type with emotions.

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by idahme(m): 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2020
garfield1:

Just say that you are afraid of pdp.but you need to stop this.I told you that pdp will fail

That guys submission is very apt, you should counter any submission he made.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by ejimatic: 10:53pm On Aug 17, 2020
fergie001:

The majority judgement centred on the fact that INEC has no powers to exclude or disqualify a candidate. It is the Court's responsibility.
That was the majority judgement.
. It is clear now .The problem started with the re.ection of the candidate of ADP and refusal to accept substitution to contest. By implication INEC laid ambush for the party not to contest in the election The matter is not about days required by law to substitute a candidate but whose responsibility to disqualify a candidate from taking part in an election so as to provide a level ground for all contestants.It is the duty of the court not INEC.INEC can only raise alarm about somebody .qualification.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by garfield1: 10:55pm On Aug 17, 2020
idahme:

That guys submission is very apt, you should counter any submission he made.

No need.for a long time I have been telling him that diri will be removed and he wrote similar epistles to counter it.but here we are.whether apc partakes in bayelsa doesn't matter,as far as theres a rerun pdp will lose
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by fergie001: 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2020
ejimatic:
. It is clear now .The problem started with the re.ection of the candidate of ADP and refusal to accept substitution to contest. By implication INEC laid ambush for the party not to contest in the election The matter is not about days required by law to substitute a candidate but whose responsibility to disqualify a candidate from taking part in an election so as to provide a level ground for all contestants.It is the duty of the court not INEC.INEC can only raise alarm about somebody .qualification.
The candidate didn't refuse to be substituted.
INEC intimated them in writing that this young man doesn't meet the requirements.
They did substitute but it was past the 45 days as required.
INEC laid no ambush for the party. It is the party who is trying to ambush the situation.
Justice Ojukwu has set the pace.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/08/17/andp-presented-ineligible-candidate-during-2019-bayelsa-governorship-election-%E2%80%93inec
THIS WILL HELP

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by AlphaT1(m): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Miracle1991:
a renowned failure that build second Niger bridge,a renowned failure that renovate all international airports in Nigeria,a renowned failure that build Port in rivers State, a renowned failure that construct Lagos ibadan railway and Lagos ibadan road, a renowned failure that give States bail out when about 24 states couldn't pay salaries for over a year.
I love this renowned failure.
This one is high on marijuana. Don't be surprised he is a "graduate". Even if you didn't do Economics in High School, you sure did Social Studies in primary school, to know growth indices. Is your GDP growing? What is the unemployment rate? Is it reducing? What is the poverty rate? Is the inflation rate reducing?....Products of 'sorting'...these are the ones very readily available for use by politicians....and they are more in number than the sensible ones...the reason why we are doomed.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by garfield1: 11:08pm On Aug 17, 2020
ejimatic:

My brother,you have finished it.I had this at the back of my mind but wanted to analyse it properly.now that you have taken it out of my mouth,I am happy...
The primary issue here is whether inec had the powers to disq any candidates or not.time and time again the courts have declared that inec has no right to exclude any candidate.only the courts can do that.it is similar to polling unit results when declared cannot be cancelled except by a court..
Therefore,the issue of whether that running mate was up to 34 years cannot arise...
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by garfield1: 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
fergie001:

The candidate didn't refuse to be substituted.
INEC intimated them in writing that this young man doesn't meet the requirements.
They did substitute but it was past the 45 days as required.
INEC laid no ambush for the party. It is the party who is trying to ambush the situation.
Justice Ojukwu has set the pace.

Yes,they ambushed inec.inec or any other party could have gone to court to get them disq.I think its a little too late for that.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by fergie001: 11:12pm On Aug 17, 2020
garfield1:

Yes,they ambushed inec.inec or any other party could have gone to court to get them disq.I think its a little too late for that.
How will they go to Court before an election to disqualify a Party so that the Court will call them busy-bodies.

They were excluded but chose before November 2019 but chose to file the case on the 26th of February, 2020 for an election that was held in November 2019.

Did the SC judgement affect whatever they were to do since the 21 days post-election?

See......Justice Sirajo has made the case easy already.
You know that....its just that like the Alaibe case....you will fight on, and eventually it will end same way.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by garfield1: 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
fergie001:

How will they go to Court before an election to disqualify a Party so that the Court will call them busy-bodies.

They were excluded but chose before November 2019 but chose to file the case on the 26th of February, 2020 for an election that was held in November 2019.

Did the SC judgement affect whatever they were to do since the 21 days post-election?

See......Justice Sirajo has made the case easy already.
You know that....its just that like the Alaibe case....you will fight on, and eventually it will end same way.

Inec had no powers to exclude them in the first place.this is the crucial part.
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by idahme(m): 11:28pm On Aug 17, 2020
garfield1:

No need.for a long time I have been telling him that diri will be removed and he wrote similar epistles to counter it.but here we are.whether apc partakes in bayelsa doesn't matter,as far as theres a rerun pdp will lose

I see it's a personal issue between you both not based on opinions of the law and precedence....though I stand with his position of the law because he gave cogent reasons supported by numerous precedence. Enjoy your evening bro, good to have u

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by fergie001: 11:30pm On Aug 17, 2020
garfield1:

Inec had no powers to exclude them in the first place.this is the crucial part.
Please browse a judgement on that of Feb 21, 2020....add to this..
http://saharareporters.com/2020/08/17/andp-presented-ineligible-candidate-during-2019-bayelsa-governorship-election-%E2%80%93inec
It will help...Good night o
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by garfield1: 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2020
fergie001:

Please browse a judgement on that of Feb 21, 2020....add to this..
It will help...Good night o

Please,leave this matter except your a pdp fan.leave am
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by HRMK: 3:19am On Aug 18, 2020
MAJORITY CARRY THE VOTE!SIRAJO IS ON HIS OWN!SIMPLE AS ABC!!
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by truthstands01: 3:41am On Aug 18, 2020
ORIENTATION101:

There is difference between

Re-run( continuation of existing Election)

Fresh Election ( all political parties start allover again)
Meaning parties will do new primaries? If APC will be involved, will they still fill the same deputy that disqualified them?
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by Pat4lovee: 6:11am On Aug 18, 2020
Pls mind you, that even if there will be fresh election which I dont think will happen APC can not change candidate therefore they have been disqualified already.. this is not the time u can field fresh candidate
Re: Bayelsa Tribunal Chairman Affirms Governor Diri’s Election, Disagrees by ejimatic: 6:15am On Aug 18, 2020
garfield1:

My brother,you have finished it.I had this at the back of my mind but wanted to analyse it properly.now that you have taken it out of my mouth,I am happy...
The primary issue here is whether inec had the powers to disq any candidates or not.time and time again the courts have declared that inec has no right to exclude any candidate.only the courts can do that.it is similar to polling unit results when declared cannot be cancelled except by a court..
Therefore,the issue of whether that running mate was up to 34 years cannot arise...
. Yes ,good conclusion !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5-Year-Old Boy Hugs Governor Okorocha (Photos)) / Deji Adeyanju Shocked Over Massive Crowd At Atiku's Rally In Ogun / Uchenna Mmadu Visits Nnamdi Kanu At His Residence In Abia. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.