Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,171 members, 7,780,196 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:44 AM

Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities (370 Views)

Manufacturers Lay Off Workers, Project More Job Losses / Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project In Okpella / Pictures Of The New 12.7km Road With Two Bridges In Akwa Ibom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by rayv234: 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
The Edo State governor, Godwin Obaseki, has assured the people of Imiekuri Okpella that his administration would construct the Imiekuri-Okpella Road and also expand opportunities for jobs creation through strong synergy with private sector players in the minerals and mining sector operating in the area.

Speaking to party faithful in ward 6 Imiekuri Okpella, Etsako East Local Government Area, Governor Obaseki said the state of the road was worrisome, adding that his administration would ensure it gets fixed.

“I have seen the state of this road. I promise that this road will be tarred within the next 24 months. You are aware that we have delivered a number of other road projects in the area. This will not be an exception,” Obaseki said.

“The 12.7km road is important to the economic development of this area. We will fix it and open up the area,” he said.

Obaseki assured that he would meet with the management of the two notable investors in the area, Dangote and BUA industries, whose investments in Okpella are worth N6 billion, to harmonise how best to engage more residents in the area in their factories and other key mid-level and management positions.

“I will sit down with the management of both companies and let them see reasons why the people in this area should be those working in these cement factories,” he said.

The Otaru of Okpella Kingdom, Victor Eneshioagbe Odaboi, led a victory prayer for the governor and his deputy, calling on God Almighty to ensure they emerge victorious at the poll.

He expressed confidence that the governor’s second term in office will bring about greater development in all sectors, including human capital development.

Olowu Kayode, a PDP leader in the ward, urged the people to come out en masse on September 19 to cast their votes for the Edo State governor.

Source: https://businessday.ng/news/article/obaseki-commits-to-12-7km-imiekuri-road-project-more-job-opportunities-in-okpella/

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by SimplyAJ(m): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2020
they've been commiting. we've not seen results

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2020
For 4 years, nothing to show....na promise remain

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by rayv234: 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2020
If you live in the state then you will see the magnitude of projects tha has been undertaken by this administration. One thing you all fail to know is that Governor Obaseki is not one to bring media, throw a flamboyant commissioning ceremony just to commission a project. When a project is completed it is immediately been put to use as such you don't see so much media hype. He would rather invest the money for commissioning into executing more projects.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by realstars: 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2020
That Road Was Ment For Campain Like This. He Has Promise And Will Keep To His Promise.
Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by lpaul1388(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Gd bless Edo state
God bless the good people of Edo state
God bless Godwin Obaseki of Edo state.

4+4 torgba.....
Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by Eriyoshegz: 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Have you gone round Edo state to Verify what the governor is doing? Please take your time and verify instead of saying what you don't know
myboy2111:
For 4 years, nothing to show....na promise remain
Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by pricklewane: 5:39pm On Aug 17, 2020
Eriyoshegz:
Have you gone round Edo state to Verify what the governor is doing? Please take your time and verify instead of saying what you don't know

Nobody as to visit Edo b4 knowing Obaseki is a fraudster. I didn't leave the comfort of my state before I know he went on a trip with one of his commissioner who is still in jail for Laundering $2M on his behalf.

I know foolish demented soul on NL will question if the money was is but the fools should tell us where any Nigeria commissioner was ever caught with $2M since 1999 till date.

I never visited Ebonyi to see Umahi Igbos have been showing us his work, though we all know all na film truck but we know he as not be docile like the money Laundering Obaseki.

Did you even know Edo people are still paying the salary of this commissioner who as at this hour is still serving jail term in Paris for money Laundering on behalf of Obaseki ?

Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by Judeerons32: 6:10pm On Aug 17, 2020
That is what he has been doing in the communities promising instead of pointing to d things he has done in the communities. As a matter of fact if u watch the particular video he said he could not believe that previous govt have not done the road. Lol forgetting that he has been governor for 4years and he was there to campaign 4years ago. Obaseki is a real fraudster one of the best in the game. Lol. But him eye go clear Sept 19
Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 17, 2020
Judeerons32:
That is what he has been doing in the communities promising instead of pointing to d things he has done in the communities. As a matter of fact if u watch the particular video he said he could not believe that previous govt have not done the road. Lol forgetting that he has been governor for 4years and he was there to campaign 4years ago. Obaseki is a real fraudster one of the best in the game. Lol. But him eye go clear Sept 19
I watch the governor campaign, he talks as though he's contesting as a first timer, not as a governor...

We will do, we'll do.. not what we've done so far and what we'll build on.. Lol

Oh thank God for Governors in first terms like Fashola, Umahi, Amaechi, Akpabio, Ganduje, even Prof. Zullum!
Re: Obaseki Commits To 12.7km Imiekuri Road Project, More Job Opportunities by Judeerons32: 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2020
Exactly if not that it is a tragic failure it is actually amusing to watch him fool himself
pineed:

I watch the governor campaign, he talks as though he's contesting as a first timer, not as a governor...

We will do, we'll do.. not what we've done so far and what we'll build on.. Lol

Oh thank God for Governors in first terms like Fashola, Umahi, Amaechi, Akpabio, Ganduje, even Prof. Zullum!

(1) (Reply)

The Most Popular Persons Ever In Nigeria / "I Am Running To Fix Edo State”, --pastor Osagie Ize-iyamu / A Plot Of Land In Aba With 3 Bedroom Flat On It For Sale @4milion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.