Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi (14875 Views)

Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi / Amaechi And Wife, Judith Inspect Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project / Lagos-Ibadan Rail: Amaechi Inspects Site Of All Stations - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Optional09: 11:34am On Aug 18, 2020
Amaechi can’t provide the proof

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by April4th(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2020
pricklewane:
Most if not all the members of the national assembly are foolish. Why would any one lied that a $33B contract was signed when only $1.6B was signed ?

Did you read the part where the committee quoted a document signed by the ministry or you’re just commenting for commenting sake?

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by 24SEVEN: 11:38am On Aug 18, 2020
SIONKPO1:

Its a lie,The Americans and British are willing but Nigeria just wants fast,and cheap loans for the substandard works
Can you imagine that in 21st century,train terminals are built with no alternative power (solar) they still uses NEPA and generators

The Americans and British are willing indeed!!!

You said the Chinese are substandard because you view China based on the fake substandard importations of dubious Igbo businessmen. Those substandard importations are made to the specifications of the dubious Igbo importers. The Chinese will build for you as you specify it.

But be rest assured that the rail tracks, trains and stations are of highest quality. They will not jeopardize the contractual obligations and also engineers and supervisors from the federal ministry of transport have worked with them all along, supervising the integrity of the works.

The power supply you talked about isn't in the job description of the Chinese or Federal ministry of Transportation.

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Nicepoker(m): 11:38am On Aug 18, 2020
Those guys work like slaves and receive peanuts.

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by peggywebbs(f): 11:40am On Aug 18, 2020
This country is so useless. No government owns railroad transport. It is usually a public/private partnership with majority railroad companies bearing costs. So many things are needed in this country and the government chooses to focus on loans for train imagine?
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by maxzzo1(m): 11:43am On Aug 18, 2020
pricklewane:
Most if not all the members of the national assembly are foolish. Why would any one lied that a $33B contract was signed when only $1.6B was signed ?
It was signed but waiting d approval from Chinese govt i.e waiting for release of funds....because Ameachi said his aware but d money has not yet being released....I think something is fishing from Ameachi angle cos how will probing cause d s-s to lose d loan if something is not fishing?js simple explanation on d loan if any gray area u trash it out and make clear to d panel than insisting if the probing continues d region will lose out is some how.....

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Perfecttouchade: 11:44am On Aug 18, 2020
20,000 workers for where grin

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Perfecttouchade: 11:45am On Aug 18, 2020
Nicepoker:
Those guys work like slaves and receive peanuts.
very true and that's why I'm surprised at the 20,000 workers because these Chinese guys employed few people to do the works that requires alot of workers

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by SIONKPO1(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2020
24SEVEN:

The Americans and British are willing indeed!!!

You said the Chinese are substandard because you view China based on the fake substandard importations of dubious Igbo businessmen. Those substandard importations are made to the specifications of the dubious Igbo importers. The Chinese will build for you as you specify it.

But be rest assured that the rail tracks, trains and stations are of highest quality. They will not jeopardize the contractual obligations and also engineers and supervisors from the federal ministry of transport have worked with them all along, supervising the integrity of the works.

The power supply you talked about isn't in the job description of the Chinese or Federal ministry of Transportation.
if you give a company contract to build,does he just do block works only ?

2 Likes

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Mcreloaded(m): 11:48am On Aug 18, 2020
The fact Amaechi is insisting that the house should not probe this Chinese loan again and again, speaks volumes.

There is something fishy about this deal that Amaechi is afraid of.

He is always complaining that the Chinese will not release the other loan being requested for if the house investigates the loan deal.

Abi na only me dey reason this matter

3 Likes

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by 24SEVEN: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2020
SIONKPO1:

if you give a company contract to build,does he just do block works only ?

Is Nigeria a company. Don't you know that various ministry is responsible for the functions of different sectors of government. Na wah!!
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by sulaak(m): 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
20,000 jobs in a country that has 61% youth unemployment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CIqt6CkVfg&feature=emb_logo

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by greenguy: 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
Awol1:
Amaechi is doing well with the train revolution he's engineering.

But I have reservation for the loans they are taking.

It's drawing us closer to Chinese recolonization because i doubt we can repay those loans without faltering.

The Chinese are coming!

Winter is coming!!

You mean the revolution you've been seeing on screen?

Why not ask someone in the Nigerian Railways so you understand the kind of revolution actually going on?

Don't be deceived.
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by SIONKPO1(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
24SEVEN:

Is Nigeria a company. Don't you know that various ministry is responsible for the functions of different sectors of government. Na wah!!
So,CrCC,just builds tracks,imports coaches only ?
nawaohhhh
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by arsenal33: 11:56am On Aug 18, 2020
Awol1:
Amaechi is doing well with the train revolution he's engineering.

But I have reservation for the loans they are taking.

It's drawing us closer to Chinese recolonization because i doubt we can repay those loans without faltering.

The Chinese are coming!

Winter is coming!!
how do you want to pay for the rail. Pay your loans and there will be no problem
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by 24SEVEN: 11:57am On Aug 18, 2020
SIONKPO1:

So,CrCC,just builds tracks,imports coaches only ?
nawaohhhh

I would have loved to educate you, but I'm sorry I don't teach for free. I hardly do anything for free.
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Lsofdk(m): 12:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
mamaafrik:
This man is not serious,is that Labour work with dirty welfare what he calls local content,if it is ,why are the NRC people complaining of not being carried along.....,what are the positions of Nigerians engaged.
Why should the NRC be carried along? They are just operators, the design and construction process has nothing to do with them.
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by FA13(m): 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ventura1:
Amaechi is a renowned liar, 70% of the contract sum still return to China, 100% of the rolling stock for the project are imported.

Nigerians only work as labourers, the Chinese run the show and to imagine they will still recoup the investment, they invested in themselves back is sickening.

It is really absurd.

Even if 20,000 people are employed which is a lie, the total emolument received by them will be less than the 560 Chinese emolument.

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by mamaafrik(m): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
PassingShot:

Would you rather preferred foreigners were engaged for the "labour work" so you shout that "common labour work, they bring foreigner"?

Or, would you expect people without the necessary qualifications engaged in the top echelon of the project just because they are Nigerians?
ose,mr ojoogbon,Yoruba will say,"ka fi ogbon kun ogbon nio kin je ka pe agba ni were"
I.e when it comea to knowledge,none it irrelevant"
Let me ask you,have you heard of the "Fpso Egina in agbami oil drilling platform deal "Nigeria had with South Korea?
All your questions are answered there,take pain and read about the local content Incorporated .
After reading,if you are not satisfied,please come and let's share knowledge.

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by SIRTee15: 12:07pm On Aug 18, 2020
PassingShot:

Would you rather preferred foreigners were engaged for the "labour work" so you shout that "common labour work, they bring foreigner"?

Or, would you expect people without the necessary qualifications engaged in the top echelon of the project just because they are Nigerians?

There should be technology transfer...
Chinese Engr should work with their nigerian counterparts n transfer technical skills n knowledge...
That's the crux of the matter...
Remove your head from APC anus for once n think about what's good for nigeria...
China shouldn't be coming every year to build our infrastructure...

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by mamaafrik(m): 12:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
Lsofdk:

Why should the NRC be carried along? They are just operators, the design and construction process has nothing to do with them.
haaaaaaaa shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked,really,see how you fall my hand,so if i make you a minister of Transport,you'll be funny minded like Ameachi in not carrying NRC along ba,we complain so much about our leaders but we are even worse,biko,why do parents need to carry their children along in the businesses they do,so that when they leave motherearth,the affairs of the business will not be strange to them for them operate and run .
Ok,try answer this,A and B are staff of a factory containing many new machines,B is a newly recruited staff,A was involved in the Design,installation and testing running of the Factory and her equipment,who do you feel will be able to operate those equipments better between A and B??
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Randy91:
THIS MAN IS SHAMELESS...Still looking for ways to MORTGAGE the future of Unborn kids with HIS SELFISH INTEREST!!!

SAY NO to LOAN from CHINA!!!!!!
abeg,let's hear word.wailing every now and then. una no dey tire?
nothing the government does satisfies you guys!
ungrateful bunch!
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by AerialMapper: 12:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
Please who can remind me why a transport university was built in Daura.

1 Like

Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by JBoss25(m): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
F117nighthawk:
Keep fooling yourself, 20000 Nigerians u said, where are ur data statistics? Tell us the quality of employment as if we don't know it's one of those Chinese slavery jobs? Can he tell us if any of the ministers children are working under these Chinese slavery jobs? Make una dey fool una selves, no be every one mumu for this country oo
grin
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Bakin3(m): 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nigeria amaka.

Call for your bio digester (Modern Sockaway).
Very quick to install. No waste removal. Little maintenance. Odorless. Little space required. Check my signature.
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
mamaafrik:
This man is not serious,is that Labour work with dirty welfare what he calls local content,if it is ,why are the NRC people complaining of not being carried along.....,what are the positions of Nigerians engaged.
Yes they borrowed us cash,Nigeria should learn how to play diplomacy and not rely too much on a country or company for her infrastructural projects,i even thought they said Russia is coming in for the coastal Railway ni
Local content like the type used in building that South Korea build oil rig vessels should be what we are talking about not a slave labour work,this is visible more when you visit their makeshift office,you will weep for our people.

Their trucks,wagons building can have Proforce and innoson engineers being Incorporated,abi what is the essence of building for us if you won't want to share technical know-how on Design,installation , operation and even maintenance of the equipments?
The coastal Railway is very paramount to the whole South.
Amaechi bikonu ,no be when you leave you go kon dey offer silly ideas on how better the country should be ran like Obj ,Gowon,atiku and Ty danjuma are doing now.
Remember home is always home and my Yoruba people will say,"igba o lo bi oreere",make Hay while the sun shines.
See senseless opinion, atleast those being underpaid or working under unfavourable environment were earning less than what they're paid now & nobody force them to do the work. Is only in Nigeria that people are paid for doing little, always thinking of free money. Mr. Minister already sent Engineers to China and they're trained in Railway Engineering and are expected to takeover after finishing the project. I've friends that are sent among them and such wise decision never happened before. He ensured we've well trained Engineers in Railway Engineering, he asked them to build Wagon plant for the future of the sector, he asked them to build us university of transport to secure the knowledge of the system but u're still not content with the effort, an effort never seen before. Better ask for workers increase welfare than challenging everything.
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by Moikiitos: 1:10pm On Aug 18, 2020
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by mamaafrik(m): 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2020
Coronabirus:

See senseless opinion, atleast those being underpaid or working under unfavourable environment were earning less than what they're paid now & nobody force them to do the work. Is only in Nigeria that people are paid for doing little, always thinking of free money. Mr. Minister already sent Engineers to China and they're trained in Railway Engineering and are expected to takeover after finishing the project. I've friends that are sent among them and such wise decision never happened before. He ensured we've well trained Engineers in Railway Engineering, he asked them to build Wagon plant for the future of the sector, he asked them to build us university of transport to secure the knowledge of the system but u're still not content with the effort, an effort never seen before. Better ask for workers increase welfare than challenging everything.
.....i no get your time.
If you are not wise enough blame it on your upbringing.
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by peterinah: 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
When did we get the 150 Engineers that went to China for training advert. or is it senators list that went there?
Re: 20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi by SIRTee15: 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
greenguy:

You mean the revolution you've been seeing on screen?

Why not ask someone in the Nigerian Railways so you understand the kind of revolution actually going on?

Don't be deceived.

Can u give us insiders info, so we all know what's going on with this dubious rail contracts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abdulaziz Yar’adua Replaces Ningi As Chairman, Northern Senators Forum / Brief History Of Ijesa Land Till Date / Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.