Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,959 members, 7,806,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name (44351 Views)

Van Dijk: If Messi Wins Ballon D’or, There Are No Losers / Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- / Ballon D’ Or 2018: Samuel Eto’o Reveals Player To Win Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Dapromzy333(m): 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2020
The Argentine maestro’s commitment at Camp Nou is reportedly in doubt after the Catalan giants’ woeful European exit

Former Barcelona and Cameroon striker Samuel Eto’o has joked that the Catalans will have to change their name should Lionel Messi depart the club.

The 33-year-old La Masia graduate, who is the most prolific player in the Blaugrana’s history, played for a full 90 minutes as they lost 8-2 to Bayern Munich in the quarter-finals of the Champions League last Friday.

It was Barca’s biggest European defeat in history and their heaviest loss since 1946. It was also the first time since the 2005-06 season that neither Messi nor Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo made it to the semi-finals.

This has fuelled speculation on Messi’s future at the club, with a year left to run on his contract, and he has been linked with a possible move to Manchester City to be with his former coach in Pep Guardiola or his Argentine hometown club Newell’s Old Boys, where he featured as a youth player.

“I love Messi like he was my own son, I want the best for him. Barcelona is Messi and I think if Messi decides to leave, we’ll have to change the name of the club,” Eto’o told Argentine TV channel TyCSports.

“We are lucky in that at Barcelona, we have the best player in the world and of all-time, we have to do everything possible to ensure he finishes his career at Barcelona.”

https://sportvilla.com.ng/2020/08/17/if-messi-decides-to-leave-we-have-to-change-barcelonas-name-etoo/

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Gadaluck(m): 7:44am On Aug 18, 2020
A real ol'G talking cool

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by paulolee(m): 8:31am On Aug 18, 2020
yeah, I saw that post yesterday and i thought he was jus joking about the news of messi leaving barca..
messi would surely leave barca when he retires because everything have its end but our fear would be if barca can easily replace him when he's gone..
barca have been in existence years before leo was born and barca would still remain even if he leaves today but barca and world football would surely miss this GOAT when he retires bcoz i dnt see any oda genius dt a club like barca would confidently depend on for years, but with time we all would forget n get over messi bcoz humans generally have short memories... dts life

128 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by ojaysam25(m): 9:34am On Aug 18, 2020
Really to bottlenonias right?

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2020
Messi will definitely 8-2 leave Barcelona, his childhood club, his family, his friends and life!

But in this life, CHANGE is the only constant thing!

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by YorubaLord: 11:49am On Aug 18, 2020
He's being sarcastic and, of course dishing out a real jab at the Club's management the way they pamper Messi like he's bigger than the club. grin

Ever before Messi, there was, there is and there'll always be a Barcelona! cool

109 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by seunlayi(m): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2020
Lol, Messi is Barca and Barca is Messy grin grin

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:50am On Aug 18, 2020
Barcelona fans will 8-2 see their GOAT leaves.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by DEROX: 11:50am On Aug 18, 2020
messi is barca and barca is messi

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by AFvckingAlpha(m): 11:50am On Aug 18, 2020
The fvck

Niggarr!

Very true Samuel. You deserve a wrap from me.

The god of football himself, Messi. All due reverence!!

I'm gonna make sure I build a sanctuary in Messi's name so children can come and pray to be blessed and play soccer like this god in human form.

Messi is inarguably my GOAT anyday anytime twice on a weekday if you ask me.

Ronaldo and the rest should go and suck a dick!!!

Who has scored 90+ goals in a year again?? Go and argue with your fore fathers.

If i have to choose between Messi and my weed, I'd go for the former even if the latter is my bestie, that's how much Messi is great.

Modified

Weed over everything abeg!!

Weed is life!!

21 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by damosky12(m): 11:50am On Aug 18, 2020
"Barcelona is Messi."

"We are lucky in that at Barcelona, we have the best player in the world and of all-time, we have to do everything possible to ensure he finishes his career at Barcelona.”

He literally carries Barca...

Messi is the GOAT

He is the greatest player ever!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by sLentlover7778(m): 11:50am On Aug 18, 2020
Dad: I tell you sey Lyon go beat Man City. I watch their match against Juventus and I know wetin I see.

Me:*smiles* But Bayern go finish them for semi-final o.

Dad:*laughs hysterically* I no know wetin Barca do them(Bayern) wey make dem hammer them like that.

*But, dear sir, did I mention or make reference to Barca?
Some people will just stay and start subbing a club anyhow. ”

Bayern has officially signed Messi retirement letter in Barca.

grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by olaolulazio(m): 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
Yeye dey worry Eto.
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by DMPaulSr: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
Sacrificial Lamb..

GOAT kill u.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Guyman02: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
If Chelsea used 180 mins plus one red card to receive 7:1, and Barcelona used 90mins without red card to receive 8:2, calculate how many will Barcelona receive if they are to play additional 90mins with one red card.?

NB: Show workings

Solution
Let x represent number of goals
Let y represent team B (Barcelona)
Let e represent team A minutes (Chelsea)
Let z represent team B minutes (Barcelona)
Let m represent team A formation (11-1)
Let t represent team A goals (7-1)
Let u represent team B goals (8-2)
Let d represent team B formation (11)

∆, x=y[e{m÷t} of z{d(u)}]
x=y[180{(11-1)÷(7-1)} of 90{11(8-2)}]
x=y[180{10÷6} of 90{11(6)}]
x=y[180{1.66} ÷ 90{66}]
x=y[298.8 ÷ 5940]
x=y(298.8÷5940)
x=y(19.87)
x=19.87y
Approximately, 19.87= 20
∆ x=20y
y×y×x=20y×y
Xy²=20y²
Xy²/y²=20y²/y²
Therefore, x=20

The number of goals Barcelona will receive is 20 if they played 180mins with 1 red card

*Copied*

70 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by seunlayi(m): 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
They should rename it to Enyimba cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by SILVERLINES: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
grin

I pray Messi turn up for English league make Arsenal boys carry him do yeye

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by GeneralPula: 11:51am On Aug 18, 2020
A lot of things will change at Barca should messi leave..

That’s the disadvantage of building a whole team on a sole player..

15 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by seunlayi(m): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2020
damosky12:
Messi is the GOAT
he missed sallah cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by adioolayi(m): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2020
Exactly...Messi is going no where... Barcelona will send very high powerful emissaries to him to convince him to stay

3 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by joycegurl: 11:52am On Aug 18, 2020
stay please messi

2 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Otaiky(m): 11:53am On Aug 18, 2020
Na em Papa club ni

2 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Nelly4you: 11:53am On Aug 18, 2020
lasa lass e don happen
DM for your Logo and flyer design
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 18, 2020
Gey

3 Likes

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Dangrace01: 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
Okay
Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by Baloranking(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
[[s]quote author= post=92951303]Messi will definitely 8-2 leave Barcelona, his childhood club, his family, his friends and life!

But in this life, CHANGE is the only constant thing!

Barcelona fans will also 8-2 see their GOAT leaves.[/quote][/s]

Troll intelligently undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by 175(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
Suya boy just dey comment rubbish up there!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Eto’o: If Messi Decides To Leave, We Have To Change Barcelona’s Name by RareConcept(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2020
lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Meet The World Strongest Footballer Adebayo Akinfenwa / Lagos Boys Pose With Anthony Joshua (Photo) / Dinma, Wilfred Ndidi's Wife Gave All Friends Flower Instead Of Throwing Bouquet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.