Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,883 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (407902 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102) (Go Down)

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:02pm On Feb 16, 2011
Hello guys, I will be starting my house today and wants to use this thread to  track all my expenses. I dont know how much it will cost for the entire house but I will try to update this thread as often as time allow me. I want to know the total cost of building my house and get suggestions, advice from other experienced people.

First, I will reveal that I know a lot about buildings and will monitor this project myself. I will visit the site daily since I work in the area. I will source for materials myself, but my engineer will supervise the actual construction when it starts.

This house is being built in Enugu and I already have the land fenced with gate. The site is cleared. I will upload the building plans when  I collect it. Its a six bedroom affair with five ensuit, two on the floor and four upstairs. I will be uploading the house pictures as we build, I think this will be fun.

Continued Here: The Real Cost Of Building A 6-Bedroom Duplex: Reloaded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2011
Yesterday, I paid 20 thousand naira for the house plans, the young man promised to deliver the plans within ten days, meanwhile I want to begin making blocks myself, instead of buying.
Today, I paid for 5 trips of sharp sand for the initial blocks to be made. I also paid for 40 bags of cement @ 1800 per bag. (I know its costly, cement is scarce now in this area) plus 2k for transportation.
I have arranged for water with 3 thousand naira. Tomorrow morning, the block making will start. I target to get 1400 pcs. 6" solid blocks after the first block making work, will make more blocks later.
Current expenses=
cement N72000
house plans N20000
cement transport N2000
Water N3000
sharp sand (5 trips x N6000) N30000
Total present cost = N 127000.00

2 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2011
I forgot to mention the cement loaders charged N800 to load and offload the cement. N20 per bag.
Total current expenses = N127,800.00
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 5:55pm On Feb 16, 2011
How much are the guys that will do the moulding charge?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kenlala: 6:57pm On Feb 16, 2011
this post is really going to help me plan mine somewhere in imo state,am really goin to follow up ur postings.
keep it up
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:01pm On Feb 16, 2011
cinzo:

How much are the guys that will do the moulding charge?

They asked for N400 per bag, but I will haggle with them and am thinking they can do it for N350 per bag. They are starting tomorrow morning.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by fuqua: 11:16pm On Feb 16, 2011
op,
Please, keep TEN extra eyes on the moulders. These people can be really make things disappear.

2 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by olubuffett: 3:58am On Feb 17, 2011
@post 20k for house plan? does it include structural and m&e
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by OYINBOGOJU(m): 4:29am On Feb 17, 2011
keep informing us of the progress please,

we are gaining one or two things from it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:38am On Feb 17, 2011
fuqua:

op,
Please, keep TEN extra eyes on the moulders. These people can be really make things disappear.

Thanks for pointing this out, I asked him what the yield will be and he said he is expecting an average of 35 blocks per bag, with that it will be hard for him to cheat me. On the other hand, he cannot try it with me, am currently housing his family free since last year, lets believe he will respect me and be as nice as he used to be.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:01am On Feb 17, 2011
olubuffett:

@post 20k for house plan? does it include structural and m&e

It sounds low to me also, but he said the drawing will be an architectural/structural sketch. He may demand for more money for the approvals. I will upload the sketch when he submits them to me.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:03am On Feb 17, 2011
OYINBOGOJU:

keep informing us of the progress please,

we are gaining one or two things from it.

Its my pleasure, am going to learn from this as well.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kodewrita(m): 11:08am On Feb 17, 2011
I pray for a successful completion of this project. thanks for the blow-by-blow. I see this post becoming a popular one for so many of us interested in planning our own buildings. take care.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by igbanbajo(m): 12:27pm On Feb 17, 2011
How I wish this was in Lagos so the numbers could be more relevant.
All the same this promises to be useful. I look forward to an eventful time here.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 7:00pm On Feb 17, 2011
After today's block moulding works, we got 314 blocks of 6" from ten bags they made today. I was disapointed as am expecting 350 blocks. They promised to make a better yield tomorrow but also warned that the blocks may not be very strong if the yield increases. Since am not building a vault for CBN, they should give me quantity jare.
I paid N4000, N400 per bag.
Total current expenses = N131,800.00

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by CHANCEMAN: 8:49pm On Feb 17, 2011
Nice topic will be very useful for those of us aspiring to own property in nigeria,kudos and please keep posting.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:58pm On Feb 17, 2011
Okay people, let me spice up this tread alittle

I am currently building a four bedroom bungalow in Lagos(Ikorodu)
I started building early January
and by the GRACE OF GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY
I am rushing to finish it!!!

I will post my cost so far
from land to owo-ile to where I am now
in my next post
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:03pm On Feb 17, 2011
Cost of Land ------- 1.5million
Agent & Lawyer Fee ------- 10%(150,000)
The family acknowledgment fee ----- 52,000
Omo ile ---------- 150,000( I negociated everything with them from foundation to roofing and fence both the capenter, iron bender and bricklayer fee)

Net total: 1,852,000.00
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:16pm On Feb 17, 2011
Note: The land was a table flat land
so I didn't have to spend much on the foundation

Architect --------N50,000.00
Aproval --------- N160,000.00(they are working the approval for me without C of O)

The 4bedroom flat is a very big one
and covers about 1/2 of the full plot of land

Sizes:
Sitting room: 16x18ft
Dinning: 16x10ft
Kitchen: 13x12ft
store: 12x6ft
all 3bedrooms: 13x16ft(the wardrobe occupies 13x2ft of the each rooms making it 11x16ft)
Master bedroom: 13x16feet(wardrobe excluding wardrobe space)
Master bedroom wardrobe: 5x6ft
Master bedroom toilet: 5x8ft
Remaining 2 toilets: 5x12ft

The 4bedroom has a total of 3 toilets including the Master bedroom toilet(don't want to spend all ma fortune on toilets bro - lol)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 11:18pm On Feb 17, 2011
Sorry I forgot to include
The house has a shoot out: 11x12ft
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 12:13am On Feb 18, 2011
To clear the bush: N5,000
Uprooting: N6,500
Packing, clearing & burning: N1,500

House of cement:
wood & zinc & Capenter workmanship: N65,000
Padlock & Holder: N1,100
Many people tried digging borehole in that area
but its not working. So i didn't bother to try
Well: N95,000 (including all 10 rings)

Presently I have bought a total of:
250 bags of cement @ different rates
First 100bags @ N1730 per bag: N173,000(free transport)
Second 100bags @ N1820 per bag: N182000(including transport @ N20 per bag)
Third 50bags @ N1800 per bag: N190000 (free transport)

9 tippers of sand all dredging @ N24,000 ten ton tipper: 216,000
70ton of granite @ N300,000.00
12mm rod: N108,000.00(including rings and binding wires & transport)
Carpenter workmanship from the soak-away to the foundation to the
german floor to the lintel  to the pillars to the arc in and 4 round pillars: N45,000
wood: N100,000(including nails and the woods the bricklayer climb on)
Iron bender work manship: N22,000 ( from foundation to soak-away to lintel to pillars)
cost of digging foundation: N16,000
Cost of German floor workmanship: N78,000( including their rice and pure water)
cost of digging the soak way & packing: N45,000( initially we agreed on 35,000 but the ground was too hard
nobody want to dig again, I had to add an extra 10k  shocked)
The foundation is 4 coach high minus the 9 inches solid foundation casting
so I bought a total of 13 tippers of sand to fill the foundation,
Cost per tipper of filling sand: N8,500.00 per tipper cost of packing each tipper N1,700.00
Cost of packing the well sand to fill the foundation N3,500. Total of filling:  136,100.00
Cost of bricklayer from foundation to lintel to rounfing level, to soak-away N280,000.00
NOTE: their is a casting design that the bricklayer will do after the completion of the block setting
before the roofing. I will send you pictures when that is done for your reference

I bought blocks different rate:
3,500 blocks 9 inches @ N133 per block: N465500
1,000 blocks 6 inches @ 124 per block: N124,000
Total 589,500
I didn't use 6 inches at all for the house,
6 inches will be used for the fence and was used for the small soak-away
Later bought extra 300 blocks @ 140 per block: N42,000
Total cash spent on block: 631,500.00

TOTAL: N2,596,700
NET TOTAL: N4,448,700
AND I THANK GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

So You See, It Is A Very Big House
The bungalow has a total of 14 Pillars
And to tell you fact, 2.5m
is enough to even roof your bungalow
But it surely depends on your taste!!!!
I am using the best materials I can get for
bungalow,  I am following all recommended
procedures as well.
If you choose to use cements like Diamond
& use gravel instead of granite
& use 6 inches blocks
If you decide not to do any german floor

The prize will surely come down
so please do cut your coat according to your cloth
so we can all see less uncompleted building
AND THANK GOD
I will post you some pictures soonest
and keep you all updated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:22am On Feb 18, 2011
I will be subscribing to this thread, would it be possible for you guys to please show us some pictures please . . . . . . ?
Pictures just speaks louder and better with the numbers that you are giving.

I think this is the best thread so far on Nairaland's Property section . . . . . . .
God that helped you to start the homes will help you finish them and dwell in it with you all
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by sonety2k(m): 5:29am On Feb 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I will be subscribing to this thread, would it be possible for you guys to please show us some pictures please . . . . . . ?

I think this is the best thread so far on Nairaland's Property section . . . . . . .
God that helped you to start the homes will help you finish them and dwell in it with you all

Amen and all of us ,

My Chairman hope things are going on fine , my regards to d entire family over there .
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 5:31am On Feb 18, 2011
sonety2k:

Amen and all of us ,

My Chairman hope things are going on fine , my regards to d entire family over there .

Chief . . . . . Na you biko oh.
Family is doing great and we cant complain at all.
How is your end . . . . . . . looking forward to doing business with you soon
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:16am On Feb 18, 2011
@ Am alone, welcome on board, great account you are giving. Your house is big and the toilets are very big. But some of your costs are high IMO, like the sand @8500 peer trip and you still get to do the packing with N1750? And how are they selling cement N1800 in Lagos where we think its lower?
Nice account sha, looking foward to seeing your house pictures.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:25am On Feb 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Am working on it. Am tyring to see if my Nokia N97 mini can snap and paste pictures on this site, if it fails I will take a digital camera to the site. Fhemmy, nice job you are doing in the auto section.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by jerryben12: 6:43am On Feb 18, 2011
Nice thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by igbanbajo(m): 7:42am On Feb 18, 2011
Am Alone:

To clear the bush: N5,000
Uprooting: N6,500
Packing, clearing & burning: N1,500

House of cement:
wood & zinc & Capenter workmanship: N65,000
Padlock & Holder: N1,100
Many people tried digging borehole in that area
but its not working. So i didn't bother to try
Well: N95,000 (including all 10 rings)

250 bags of cement in different rates
First 100bags @ N1730 per bag: N173,000(free transport)
Second 100bags @ N1820 per bag: N182000(including transport @ N20 per bag)
Third 50bags @ N1800 per bag: N190000 (free transport)

9 tippers of sand all dredging @ N24,000 ten ton tipper: 216,000
70ton of granite @ N300,000.00
12mm rod: N108,000.00(including rings and binding wires & transport)
Carpenter workmanship from the soak-away to the foundation to the
german floor to the lintel to the pillars to the arc in and 4 round pillars: N45,000
wood: N100,000(including nails and the woods the bricklayer climb on)
Iron bender work manship: N22,000 ( from foundation to soak-away to lintel to pillars)
cost of digging foundation: N16,000
Cost of German floor workmanship: N78,000( including their rice and pure water)
cost of digging the soak way & packing: N45,000( initially we agreed on 35,000 but the ground was too hard
nobody want to dig again, I had to add an extra 10k shocked)
The foundation is 4 coach high minus the 9 inches solid foundation casting
so I bought a total of 13 tippers of sand to fill the foundation,
Cost per tipper of filling sand: N8,500.00 per tipper cost of packing each tipper N1,700.00
Cost of packing the well sand to fill the foundation N3,500. Total of filling: 136,100.00
Cost of bricklayer from foundation to lintel to rounfing level, to soak-away N280,000.00
NOTE: their is a casting design that the bricklayer will do after the completion of the block setting
before the roofing. I will send you pictures when that is done for your reference

I bought blocks different rate:
3,500 blocks 9 inches @ N133 per block: N465500
1,000 blocks 6 inches @ 124 per block: N124,000
Total 589,500
I didn't use 6 inches at all for the house,
6 inches will be used for the fence and was used for the small soak-away
Later bought extra 300 blocks @ 140 per block: N42,000
Total cash spent on block: 631,500.00

TOTAL: N2,596,700
NET TOTAL: N4,448,700
AND I THANK GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

So You See, It Is A Very Big House
The bungalow has a total of 14 Pillars
And to tell you fact, 2.5m
is enough to even roof your bungalow
But it surely depends on your taste!!!!
I am using the best materials I can get for
bungalow, I am following all recommended
procedures as well.
If you choose to use cements like Diamond
& use gravel instead of granite
& use 6 inches blocks
If you decide not to do any german floor

The prize will surely come down
so please do cut your coat according to your cloth
so we can all see less uncompleted building
AND THANK GOD
I will post you some pictures soonest
and keep you all updated

My DO NOT DISTURB sign hangs on my door post as I try to digest these numbers.
Good one man (woman).
Will be nice to see others post. This'll definitely help in plugging some drain holes on cash.

Thanks to all who have posted.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:21am On Feb 18, 2011
These are the kind of topics we need at the front page,

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:33am On Feb 18, 2011
spyder880:

@ Am alone, welcome on board, great account you are giving. Your house is big and the toilets are very big. But some of your costs are high IMO, like the sand @8500 peer trip and you still get to do the packing with N1750? And how are they selling cement N1800 in Lagos where we think its lower?
Nice account sha, looking foward to seeing your house pictures.

The N8,500 per trip(ten ton) is for the filling sand
that was the best I could get it,

Futhermore I forgot some other things
I will bring them later and also, I will upload some photos today grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Busybody2(f): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2011
shocked shocked shocked Wow, something like this has been long overdue, Spyke welldone, Am Alone, kudos to you too, may the good Lord Almighty grant you long life to enjoy the fruit of your labour and may your plans come to fruition without any hindrance or fail, in the name of Jesus, more grease and cement and gravel and lintel and POP and german tiles and etcetera etcetera etcetera to your elbow kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2011
Busy_body:

shocked shocked shocked Wow, something like this has been long overdue, Spyke welldone, Am Alone, kudos to you too, may the good Lord Almighty grant you long life to enjoy the fruit of your labour and may your plans come to fruition without any hindrance or fail, in the name of Jesus, more grease and cement and gravel and lintel and POP and german tiles and etcetera etcetera etcetera to your elbow kiss kiss kiss

Thanks for the kind words, God bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.