Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,723 members, 7,802,181 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (407891 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 3:46pm On Jun 25, 2011
spyder880:

@ All, I am going ahead to open a follow up thread for this topic, I will call it  THE REAL COST OF BUILDING A 6 BEDROOM DUPLEX RELOADED.

I thank you all for your support, I cannot mention names here for fear of omitting any of my friends, but una sabi unaselves and I say a very big FAT THANK YOU. It was a worthwhile experience, and we are going to continue the learning process. 

SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEW THREAD WHERE HOUSE FINISHINGS WILL BE THE FOCUS, HAVE YOU GOT TASTE? THEN COME AND FEAST YOUR EYES.

Is there restriction to the number of page a thread could take? Let's get going I'm sure this thread is still on till infinity. Mind y'all, I started page 100 with hope for the hopeless. Spyder, there's no need for another thread, let's keep it rolling. I remain number 1 poster on every page and I'm assuring you this thread will not end until my house and every other major players houses are completed
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2011
Sagewood:
People like Prince Onx should bury their heads in the sand. I never wanted to comment on your vicious and wicked attacks on Colin Adua. Note that silence is consent! You may think that because you are in the USA that you are better than Colin. The man has education (PGD), all he needs now is opportunity and God's grace. I meet ignorant Nigerians like you here in the US on a daily basis in the course of my professional work. Stop embarrasing Nigerians in the US by the way you make comments. You should crawl back into the part of US you are staying and learn before making further comments. Enough is enough.
Why don't you practice what you preached above instead of blabbing? I wouldn't have apologized if I was that pride type or supper shacked by the US! How many times do you read those three words "I am sorry" on NL or other Nigerian websites even when they know they are wrong? Yet you professionally and ignorantly vomited that sh, it while asking me to stop embarrassing Nigerians in the US by my comments? I wonder what you just did to those Nigerians in US? I wonder what type of professional ignorant fellow they'll also think you are after reading my last post to Collin and yours afterwards. I wonder what you do or where you meet those your ignorant Nigerians? [s]case worker? taxi driver? or nursing home cleaning A55[/s]? Am going to just take you up on the first highlighted above and see how well or professionally you'll do with that!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 5:09pm On Jun 25, 2011
janykute:

Sagewood,i think your attack was a bit harsh on prince onx considering the fact that he has admitted to not reading the post very well before his reply and therefore apologized.There shouldnt be any need for that your attack.
Its Ok for him to rant! some people have never said sorry in their whole life even when they are wrong. from his remark you can tell he's obviously one of them and hearing someone else being man enough to say it make them go banana! women are really tyring, some lady somewhere is dealing with this
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omobashua1: 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2011
i beg,let their be peace ooh, wahala plenty 4 here ooh,pls lets stick 2 d topic,2 am alone,spyder,i know i have been mising in action ooh but believe me i have been following this thread religiously,i just chose 2 keep quiet n observe, good job fellas
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2011
^^^
Confirma Man!!
Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by dudubody: 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2011
prince onx, can u please stop this ur comments and lets focus on the purpose of the thread, we r almost out of pages and u r still giving us irrelevant comments, pls bro , dont reply cos ur reply will only take us to page 102 and we dont know our limit yet. by the way, i am one of the million silent followers of this thread, i think u r wrong with ur attack on adua, or the stone thrown by adua hit u in a way, then change ur ways or keep quiet. u sound offended by his comments, most of us here on NL r outside naija, but wen a stone is thrown and it has nothing to do with u , move on. is it not true we have bad nigerians all over the world? adua is right, some of us r legitimate while others are not, sometimes ur response tell what side u r, like i said do not reply cos u will only ruin the remaining pages we have. i must commend *am alone* on the reply he gave adua, i think this this thread has changed him for the better. PLs lets think of possitive ways to help fellow bros if we can, its for our own good, at least armed robbery go reduce
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2011
dudubody:

prince onx, can u please stop this your comments and lets focus on the purpose of the thread, we r almost out of pages and u r still giving us irrelevant comments, pls bro , dont reply cos your reply will only take us to page 102 and we dont know our limit yet. by the way, i am one of the million silent followers of this thread, i think u r wrong with your attack on adua, or the stone thrown by adua hit u in a way, then change your ways or keep quiet. u sound offended by his comments, most of us here on NL r outside naija, but wen a stone is thrown and it has nothing to do with u , move on. is it not true we have bad nigerians all over the world? adua is right, some of us r legitimate while others are not, sometimes your response tell what side u r, like i said do not reply cos u will only ruin the remaining pages we have. i must commend *am alone* on the reply he gave adua, i think this this thread has changed him for the better. PLs lets think of possitive ways to help fellow bros if we can, its for our own good, at least armed robbery go reduce
I doubt you've been following this thread cause if you have then you should know that your above post is useless, baseless, and a waste of space! I already apologized to the guy since yesterday and till today am still being blast by duduA55ho7#'s like you! other posters have also said its enough or didn't you read that? Why don't you be the bigger man, don't reply,  and get your duduA55 off my face! guuwdloord!

And you would've shot me if I didn't right? e better say you rest you case cause you don't have one!
vv
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by dudubody: 7:37pm On Jun 25, 2011
this will be my last renpose to u on adua, attacking and saying sorry is bs, y dont u think b4 u attack, just as u ve done now, i know u have appologised, thats y i said dont reply, but u did, dont kill people and say sorry afterwards cos it makes no sense. rest my case
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kem4(m): 8:08pm On Jun 25, 2011
Spyder880 and Am alone please i need ur help, any idea on the amount per m2 for interlocking stones. ples i need this info asap
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Sagewood: 4:31am On Jun 26, 2011
I have said enough is enough. No further comments lipsrsealed
From now on I will request that any contributor on this thread be banned if they attempt to derail this thread or the Reloaded thread.
Let's focus only on cost and related issues on building good homes for Nigerians.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:14am On Jun 26, 2011
kem4:

Spyder880 and Am alone please i need your help, any idea on the amount per m2 for interlocking stones. ples i need this info asap

I will answer you tomorrow, just be a little patient.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2011
My people, Surprises, I went out today to see a friends block of flats and was dumbfounded by what I saw. I will analyse the business of building blocks of flats and the pros and cons of building the flats. Building houses is for rent is so profitable that I feel guys in the diaspora should seriously consider this investment, book a date with me this evening. Thanks.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by joedeebaba: 4:04pm On Jun 26, 2011
Hi guys, I'm new on this forum but have been reading some of your posts (brabus, am alone, spyder etc) and must really commend you all. I just came back from the UK after seven years study/work and I'm afraid I need a few pointers on a family duplex I'm trying to finish up. Can anyone recommend where I can buy floor and wall tiles (it should be a good balance btw price and quality). Also if you could recommend any intelligent/affordable builder that can demarcate the duplex into two flats. Looking forward to your replies. Thanks all. The building is in Magodo Isheri.

and price of cement and blocks (shld i use 6 inch or nine inch for the demarcations?) my mind says 6 inch, but I coulkd be wrong.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by brabus(m): 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^^ You can PM me or call me on +2348023429122 for the demarcation wall. I'm presently working very close to your site. Arepo is just few minutes drive to Magodo.

Cement Price still stands at N1,800 except you are buying trailer load.
As for the blocks, a visit to the site will determine what to use.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 8:17pm On Jun 26, 2011
kem4:

Spyder880 and Am alone please i need your help,  any  idea on  the amount per m2 for interlocking stones. ples i need this info asap

@kem4, check the link below and you may contact this guy for your interlocking stone price and installation.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-607360.0.html

Femson2011:

Sir/ma,

We Supply Interlocking Stone And Pop Works

We are Register company(WESTERN CONCRETE LTD)our factory is located at Festac town,we supply interlocking Stone, and again we are expert in any Product of Paris (POP) If you need our services try and contact our project manager on this contact detail, Thanks

Mr Ogunfolaju Femi

E-mail : Femson2020@yahoo.com

Phone number: 07063411130.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by MariaP: 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2011
The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex shouldn't cost more than 1.5 million Naira from start to finish,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by omodapson(m): 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2011
MariaP:

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex shouldn't cost more than 1.5 million Naira from start to finish,
What's the idea behind it?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kaluj2: 9:51pm On Jun 26, 2011
caseymoney:

@kem4, check the link below and you may contact this guy for your interlocking stone price and installation.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-607360.0.html

I really don't understand why people want to destroy this nice thread!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kaluj2: 9:57pm On Jun 26, 2011
@ casemoney, sorry i attached a wrong quote. i actually wanted to attach MariaP quote. How can someone just say building a six bedroom duplex with 1.5m without any explanation. I hope this nice thread will not be destroyed.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by caseymoney(m): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2011
kalu_j:

@ casemoney, sorry i attached a wrong quote. i actually wanted to attach MariaP quote. How can someone just say building a six bedroom duplex with 1.5m without any explanation. I hope this nice thread will not be destroyed.

@kalu_j, I fee you. You don't have to respond to Maria_P. She has nothing to contribute and the only thing she can do is post something controversial to get peoples attention. Guess what, the best reaction is to ignore such people. Please, nobody should respond to her post. Just put her on your ignore list.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 10:16pm On Jun 26, 2011
flat 1

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 10:24pm On Jun 26, 2011
^^
Nice barrack!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by sheade(f): 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2011
Spyder880, please tell me that flat get elevator  smiley smiley smiley.  Patiently waiting for your analysis on building block of flats.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:13am On Jun 27, 2011
Am Alone:

^^
Nice barrack!!! grin grin grin grin

Nice 'money spinning barrack' grin cheesy grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:17am On Jun 27, 2011
sheade:

Spyder880, please tell me that flat get elevator  smiley smiley smiley.  Patiently waiting for your analysis on building block of flats.

Elevator for block of flats? no way. These people desire heights and will live in even the 7th floor. They all have water pumps to take their water up as they like. Most younger people, bachelors/spinsters love the quietness of upper floors.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:23am On Jun 27, 2011
SPYDER880 MOVES SOUTH!!!

My people, if everything works to plan, I will leave Enugu for the first time to work in Aba, I have a client who wants me to handle his bungalow and arrangements are in its final stages, when that time comes, (two weeks from now) I will surely keep you guys updated here with another thread. I will hire more supervisors and now showcase my expertize with multi-tasking. This is what I have been trained to do.

Thank you nairalanders, lets do it again!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:28am On Jun 27, 2011
more flats

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:40am On Jun 27, 2011
PROPERTIES FOR SALE IN ENUGU

S/N LOCATION OF PLOT DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY MINIMUM PRICE MAXIMUM PRICE REMARKS

1 INDEPENDENCE LAYOUT PHASE 2 600 SQ. MTS (PREMIER LAYOUT) 1 MILLION 3.5 MILLION

2 IND. LAYOUT (CORRIDOR) 1 PLOT 2.5 M 5M

3 IND. LAYOUT (OLD LAYOUT) 12.5M 100M DEPENDING ITS SIZE

4 BUNGALOWS/DUPLEXES 15M 25M DEPENDING ON STYLE
7 GRA OLD LAYOUT CARVE OUT 15M 30M

8 GRA OLD LAYOUT PLOT WITH C OF O 20M 35M DEPENDING ON SQ.MTR
12 NEW HAVEN (EXTENSION) FULL PLOT 2M 4M 500-600 SQM

13 INSIDE NEW HAVEN LAYOUT 8M DEPENDING ON SQ.MTR

14 BUNGALOWS/DUPLEXES/FLATS 14M 45M

15 LAND ALONG MAJOR ROAD 60M DEPENDING ON ITS POSITION
20 DESTINY LAYOUT 2.5M 3.5M 1 PLOT
22 THINKERS CORNER 4.8M 8M 1 PLOT

TRANS EKULU LAYOUT DAMIJAH AREA 8M 12M 1 PLOT

TRANS EKULU LAYOUT COMMUNITY ESTATE LAYOUT 5.5M 8M 1 PLOT

TRANS EKULU LAYOUT NEW G.R.A. 5.5M 500 SQM

TRANS EKULU LAYOUT NEW G.R.A. 27M 2500 SQM

TRANS EKULU LAYOUT NEW G.R.A. (NEAR FATHER EDEH) 1.2M 100X100FT

NIKE TOWN NEW LAYOUT, ALULU, UMUCHIGBO 300K 2M DEPENDING ON LEVEL OF DEVELOPMENT OF THE AREA
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 9:13am On Jun 27, 2011
THE BUSINESS OF BUILDING BLOCKS OF FLATS FOR RENT IN ENUGU

Building commercial houses is a worthwhile venture; you will be solving one of society’s most vital needs as well as generating handsome returns on investment. In this article, I will try to explore the building industry in Enugu, with a special bias for the multifamily housing units called the ‘block of flats’
THE NEED FOR FLATS
Nigeria is a growing nation, perhaps the fastest growing nation in the world, with population estimated to be in the region of 140 million. This number has a lot of young and the growing population, the youths make up more than 60% of the population and will still multiply as they settle down and form more families. This is why more houses are needed to fill the gap. It is an open secret that vacant properties are very scarce in town due to excessive demand for them. I know how many people who want houses NOW but it is just not available, there is a demand not being fulfilled. This is an opportunity waiting to be exploited.
Another factor to consider is that flats provide a better option to the families who might find it difficult to pay for duplexes or bungalows and live in their own compounds. To live in one room ‘face me I face you’ compounds is also not advisable as your privacy could be seriously violated and your safety compromised.

TYPES OF FLATS
There are many types of flats being built by developers, the most poular is the 3 bedroom flat, there is also the 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom versions and families choose according to their need for space and family size. Those needing 2 bedrooms are mostly bachelors, spinsters and newly married couples with few kids. Those with more kids will desire more space and they usually rent 3-4 bedroom flats.
Due to improvements in the building industry, builders are now expanding their horizons by offering additional improvements to attract more tenants and increase returns. Things like en suite rooms, wardrobes, larger balconies and superior finishings has been added to the list of options in the building industry. Some builders now offer additional options like borehole for water, dish for TV entertainment and even internet services to make life more pleasurable.
We can also classify flats by their number, the number of floors they have. We have the 2 flat compound, (just two bungalows in a compound), we also have the 4 flat houses, (one floor above the ground floor) there is also the 6 flats, 8 flats and 10 flats and these are all dependent on the plan of the building, the number of floors and size of the land.

MANAGEMENT
Blocks of flats are easier to manage than some other properties; we now have property management companies everywhere to make sure tenants abide by rules as stipulated in the tenancy agreement. The landlord may not even know the faces of their tenants; all he needs to see is the cash flow from rental income. It is the duty of the property managers to ensure peace and order in the compound, to maintain a high level of hygiene and ensure the property is safe from vandalism.

COST OF CONSTRUCTION
Well built blocks of flats don’t come cheap. It is important to note here that the higher a block of flats, the more money needed to complete it and the more returns it can generate. When we build a block of flats, we save a lot of money by reusing some materials like wood which we can transfer from one floor to the next in decks and lintels. The cost of building flats ranges from N4m to N40m depending on other variables like cost of the land, location, number of flats, level of finishing etc.

PROFITABILITY
I know all of you are waiting for this one; this is where the meat is. As a prospective owner, this is the most important information. The returns on investment from blocks of flats are dependent on the type of structure and land cost. The cheaper the land, the more profitable and the sooner you can make your money back and start enjoying profits for a very long time to come. Let me not reveal too much here, I will be answering your questions about the points raised above. There is too much money to be made from owning properties that investors should really think in this direction. I can help any interested investor calculate his PE ratio. By this I mean the number of years it will take you to recover all your money you have invested before enjoying a lifetime of rents and more rents.
Rents for flats in Enugu ranges from N200K per annum for a 2 bedroom flat, 250-350 for 3 bedrooms depending on location and finishing, and more if you add more services. It is also an advantage that you could collect your rents upfront, which means that you can collect as much as 15-20% of your cost of construction immediately we collect a two year advance from the first set of tenants.
As a businessman, I understand that the shorter the period of return, the better. The strategies I have developed while building for myself could also spur me to greater performances and I can assist any investor with my wealth of experience to generate a lifetime of residual income.
THANK YOU ALL.
Signed by SPYDER880
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 1:56pm On Jun 27, 2011
Please, for all those who sent mails to my inbox, I will reply in the evening. Am in a site now and want to let you know that I value your kind words, thank you all.

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Fhemmmy: 2:23pm On Jun 27, 2011
Oga Spyder . . . You kidding me right?
you mean that block of apartment has no elevator and people would have to walk up and down that few times in a day?
Na real exercise be that oh.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Oga Spyder . . . You kidding me right?
you mean that block of apartment has no elevator and people would have to walk up and down that few times in a day?
Na real exercise be that oh.

grin grin

People need to excecise in naija o, so many of us are so busy working 7 days that they need to sweat sometimes, even if its only getting into their flats. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.