Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,247 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. (102281 Views)

Man Pictured Near Edge Of Zimbabwe’s Victoria Falls Before 350-foot Death Drop / XENOPHOBIA: Nigerians Find Safe Havens In Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Others / Vadoma: The Ostrich People Of Zimbabwe Who Have Just Two Toes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by tonididdy(m): 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
This is a very senseless post and this man should be fined for damaging the image of Nigeria and Nigerians.

You met a good Zimbabwean dosent mean all Zimbabweans are saints, same way one Bad Nigerian experience dosent mean all Nigerians are Bad.

Wasn't it in China, a man was recognized for his honesty in returning a purse and turning down a reward.

Let us deal with ourselves internally and avoid comparisons, Nigerians are special beings... Take it or leave it. We have our own uniqueness.

2 Likes

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by jcross19: 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2020
duro4chang:
Here people will blame the government for everything. The Zimbabwe government is as bad as ours but people are still doing the right things there. Thanks so much for this post.
are you telling me that government have no role in the life of their citizens? What the cab driver can be a personal life style, even here in Nigeria a UBA security officer returned a misplaced Millions of naira and what about that? in Holland they have closed more than 10 prisons because of low crime rate. even white man said idle hand is workshop for devil.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by royalexchangear(m): 6:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
Wonderful post OP. It's high time we started behaving ourselves to earn the respect we once had from other nations.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Christian07(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
adecz:

Na Iggbo dey give Nigeria bad
name of criminality all over the
world...

And the annoying thing is that they

are Biafrans, not Nigerians!!

They are too desperate to make
money at any cost!!

angry angry angry angry

How watin you talk take concern the guy up there

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
thinkmoney:

If this is true about Zimbabwe populace, then how did there government officials become corrupt? Or, is it that they take their leaders from other countries?
And I am surprised you said their police is disciplined. This is not consistent from what we have been seeing from many media houses sin the later years of Mugabe till now.
You would not very wise to trust a complete stranger with such responsibility anywhere in the world! You were just foolishly desperate!!

I have passed through Zimbabwe and stayed in Zimbabwe for 3 years. Zimbabweans are extremely disciplined they have nearly the highest educational rate in Africa 96% of them do their higher education and finish. The country is a well-established foundation like South Africa. The majority problem in most countries in Africa the Citizens are good but the leaders are bad. But Nigeria situation as a Nigerian the Citizens are worse than the leaders which means the country has no hope. Zimbabwe is a police state there is nothing you do the government does not know about similar to China and North Korea. The British build the infrastructure up
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Moneyboyz: 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2020
SmartPolician:

Trash! Trasher!! Trashest!!!

There's no justification for crime whatsoever!

Never!

Ask a Yahoo boy to quit that nonsense and take a regular job and see the response you get.

Nigerian failed them in the first place.
If they have been making good progress in the first place they wouldn't have seen crime as the way out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by duro4chang(m): 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
jcross19:
are you telling me that government have no role in the life of their citizens? What the cab driver can be a personal life style, even here in Nigeria a UBA security officer returned a misplaced Millions of naira and what about that? in Holland they have closed more than 10 prisons because of low crime rate. even white man said idle hand is workshop for devil.
Leave government alone and let us play our own role . Let us try it and see if the change we are clamouring for will not come.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by seunny4lif(m): 6:54pm On Aug 18, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Pavillon:

Francophone police : commatu ta pe?
comma serva?

me: ehen, sir, ehen ehen

before you know you don enter prison sharp sharp

Awon ppl yen ya were gan
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by lekki1444: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
CrudeSon:
My problem with your post ,you could not even appreciate the guy,only #300?is he your servant,you are
also one of bad Nigerians,a bad representative of our dear country.
WHATS FUNNY IS THAT THE GUY THINKS HE IS ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS. HE IS A TYPICAL NIGERIAN. THEY WILL USE YOU AND GIVE YOU NOTHING

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Litmus: 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ghana troll houses media output: notice how the lock-down of Nigerian businesses in Ghana and reactions to this and suddenly on Niaralend there is a preponderance of threads featuring the, "they don’t like Nigerians" or "Nigerians are this or that" topics.

Nigerians need to wake up.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Heavance(m): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by potbelly(m): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
Yeah...
Olabode971:

Not only a Nation... it is any Covetous Fellow..

grin

Because a Nation start from individual fellow..

Hope am right??

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Litmus: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nigerians shouldn’t fall for the Afonja v Ipob/Igbo bate. They are diversions.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by meobizy(f): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2020
Okay.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
@op, difficult to steal europa car, they are fitted with one of the best tracking devices.
Above all, the car cannot ply certain routes or destinations without europa car knowing
The cars are also insured.
How much was your deposit at europa car?

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by BRASH: 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Have u held any political position?
I have been in positions to steal and scam people, but I didn't. That's because it's not in me. It's not about position, it's about mindset.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by riches4me(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2020
Many people don't realize that the huge population of the country is the basis of most of our problem. The rural urban migration of lagos compound the creating mob action every where you go
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Kirgyakos(m): 7:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Just from one experience you're quick to conclude that Zimbabweans are the saints of this world. don't you think you got lucky to meet the right person?

Bros forget, we Nigerians are also good. you hear me?

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
wow.. it think we need to check and re examined ourselves and ask some questions.

is this how we want our children to live their lives?? do we have a safe and secure future for them?? what is it about our greed and lack of contentment?? has our religious belief helped us all these while?? do we still have to suspect one another for not been perfect??

i can ask a million questions and the answers are gonna be few..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by SmartPolician: 7:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
Moneyboyz:

Nigerian failed them in the first place.
If they have been making good progress in the first place they wouldn't have seen crime as the way out

Nigeria failed most of us but we still hustle right

Bros, there's no justification for crime

If you are inclined to crime, you are inclined to crime

No 2 ways about it
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by badman007(m): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2020
Zimbabweans are proud of their country. There is hope for them there.
US sanctions apart,They are not poor hungry people.
They return after visiting uk, US and Canada unlike Nigerians
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Vixlot:

https://www.toldnetwork.com/2020/08/13/my-experience-in-zimbabwe/
Baba go sit down nonsense that how people like you go about spoiling the name of this country
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Bros I’m sorry but in every society there’s good and bad people,vast majority of the crime in South Africa are committed by Zimbabweans and it’s mostly car thefts and house burglaries.

So please spare me those epistles.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by seunayantokun(m): 7:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Warning: Don't try this in lagos!!

In any part of Nigeria
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by ibinaboonline: 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
Very touching. As for image repair, too late save for miracle
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Gabe427: 7:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
this guy has probably never lived in the North or somewhere. calm like sokoto

Trust me I've seen people leave thier goods outside a guy selling drinks left pile for good one week and not one was missing

same think with markets when they go to pray they only lick the main shop some goods are still outside

But not all of somoto Sha some places still get thieves and criminals sadly it places dominated by the ones bearing Christian names

In essence what am saying is there are good Nigerians out there no matter how little they are still there which is the glimpse of hope for this country

I wouldn't have done it differently from the Zimbabwean.....
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Investnow2017: 7:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
duro4chang:
Here people will blame the government for everything. The Zimbabwe government is as bad as ours but people are still doing the right things there. Thanks so much for this post.
Dear i do not agree with you. Yes there is element of criminality in every imperfect human, if it is not here it is there. BUT, i say but if someone knows that if he commits a crime, even if caught he could wangle his way to freedom, forget it. Our institutions are extremely weak, hence the proliferation of crime and the heightened criminal tendencies - the government has a role to play.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Commanderinpips: 7:58pm On Aug 18, 2020
hollah123:
This is the plain truth,just imagine one day I was checking a thread on nairaland about Singapore n a guy wrote it there that he has d student visa already but he's thinking of white powder(drugs) as side hustle....just imagine we complain Nigeria is bad but when we go to places where things work we still do bad.

Me personally I am a Nigerian but in my whole life I will never trust a Nigerian,just last night in my lodge a fight broke out n u will b surprised to know what caused it

Like 4 people organised weekly contribution for months, believe u me when it was time for a guy to collect his own share,the leader said he lost d record book n he couldn't ascertain if the guy has been paying regularly despite d fact that others were testifying that he pays regularly.
They agreed to take the case to the station n he used a line "nothing wey police wan do me,Na 5k go settle am n I go pay d money monthly for 3 years".......like seriously I felt bad but I just lock up since e no concern me.just imagine

My dear your submission is not different from mine. Nigerians are a set of terrible people on earth I am beginning to believe that there is a curse on many Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Chirowman(m): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
let me say this most of we Nigerians are not trustable be it politicians or they people ,I can only talk about myself because I no my believe which not be same with others.i don't see myself living the lifestyle of average Nigerian ,there are a lot of things that need to be done about the lifestyle . it's not about religion but about been honest, everything in life is not about money but love for humanity.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by duro4chang(m): 8:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
Investnow2017:

Dear i do not agree with you. Yes there is element of criminality in every imperfect human, if it is not here it is there. BUT, i say but if someone knows that if he commits a crime, even if caught he could wangle his way to freedom, forget it. Our institutions are extremely weak, hence the proliferation of crime and the heightened criminal tendencies - the government has a role to play.
If you are doing the right things because you are afraid of being punished then you are not disciplined at all. Where is your conscience? We are all so religiou, where is the effect of your religion? We need to reexamine our value system. If we continue like this, I am afraid we are going no where.
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by Investnow2017: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
TruthDefender:
Personal Integrity. That's what we have lost as a nation. We feel the end justifies the means and people of questionable character who acquired illegitimate wealth are no longer frowned upon.

If you do, you are a hater..
Even in churches seats are reserved for the rich, and you watch your pastor living large with his family embarassed
Re: Honesty and Contentment: My Experience In Zimbabwe. by neutral2000: 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
Gabe427:
this guy has probably never lived in the North or somewhere. calm like sokoto

Trust me I've seen people leave thier goods outside a guy selling drinks left pile for good one week and not one was missing

same think with markets when they go to pray they only lick the main shop some goods are still outside

But not all of somoto Sha some places still get thieves and criminals sadly it places dominated by the ones bearing Christian names

In essence what am saying is there are good Nigerians out there no matter how little they are still there which is the glimpse of hope for this country

I wouldn't have done it differently from the Zimbabwean.....
Correct

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) / Adventures Of Lionlee216 / Photos Of The 52 Cows Killed By Train In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.