Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Website Review > Another Website By Charles Dairo - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review > Another Website By Charles Dairo (745 Views)

Talented Webmaster Needed For Another Website Design..................(2) / Website Review - A Website By Charles Dairo / Another Website Designed By Me (2) (3) (4)

Website Review > Another Website By Charles Dairo by chazy(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16, 2011
Please Review my latest creation: www.lacuisineexotique.com. What do you think?
Re: Website Review > Another Website By Charles Dairo by Jangoreal: 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2011
serious, this is fine.
But i have few questions to ask, don't lie but say the truth:

Is this a template or ur original work.?

How long do u spend on doing this.?

How sure are you to do something similar again.?

Can you please work on your personal website ASAP !!.

Can you work as a freelancer for me, if u are the main designer of this website ?
Re: Website Review > Another Website By Charles Dairo by yawatide(f): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2011
Jango: Wetin "consign" bird with toothbrush, biko? So what if it is a template? It looks good for the message it is trying to convey and that should b d koko

poster:
IMHO, the site is as good as the food it is displaying on the home page - yummy! cool

Now, look into the following issues

1) http://www.lacuisineexotique.com/contact.htm - hover over any of the thumbnails to the right. Note that it causes a "jump" of the other elements. Now, go to http://www.lacuisineexotique.com/gallery.htm and hover over the thumbnails there and note that there is no "jumping" on that page (I use FF exclusively by the way)

2) I think you should reconsider the photos under "ebere asu". Even if they own the joint, they should be dressed like professional chefs and not like some university kids. Also, the photo of the 3 girls standing in front of a wall that looks like it has some algae on it, should go. If you must, focus on photos that show actual customers having a good time, in the restaurant.

3) For SEO, consider giving each page a unique title. Also, your keywords make no mention of the food that is served at the place. I am willing to bet you that more people will search for "chicken" than "catering company lagos"

4) CSS tip/trick: http://www.lacuisineexotique.com/images/maindisplay_inner_gallery.png - this image could be better implemented using text and CSS. Sure, it only weighs 4KB or so but it doesn't hurt to reduce your page weight further by 3KB. Besides, customers in areas where you pay for bandwidth will thank you for it wink
Re: Website Review > Another Website By Charles Dairo by drone99(m): 6:20pm On Feb 16, 2011
Too heavy for me, should have played around with some CSS.
Re: Website Review > Another Website By Charles Dairo by chazy(m): 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2011
My head is <swelling>. Glory be to God.

@jangoreal: i design bespoke websites. I do not use templates.
The project took about 4 days. I can do something similar (and even better).
Yes, I can work as a freelancer for you (terms & conditions apply)

@yawa-ti-de: i'll implement those corrections.

Thanks for reviewing.
Re: Website Review > Another Website By Charles Dairo by chazy(m): 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2011
My head is <swelling>. Glory be to God.

@jangoreal: i design bespoke websites. I do not use templates.
The project took about 4 days. I can do something similar (and even better).
Yes, I can work as a freelancer for you (terms & conditions apply)

@yawa-ti-de: i'll implement those corrections ASAP.

Thanks for reviewing.
Re: Website Review > Another Website By Charles Dairo by Jangoreal: 8:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
Its ok. Just to make sure u are creative.

We need creative web designers not copydesigners

Is Sick Submitter Worth Buying? / Experience Internet Person And Computer Wizard Is Needed Ugently. / I Like What I See: Live Nigeria Post