Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

"60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA (3167 Views)

Zubby Michael Travelling On A Bike From Asaba To Onitsha (Pics & Video) / The Most Underrated State In Nigeria Goes To Who? / President Buhari Appoints George Moghalu As NIWA Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Marine54(m): 7:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
flokii:

Fvck off my mentions

Carry 60 percent of cargo full of E-wastes, condemned tyres, toothpicks, cottonbuds etc.
Others are industrializing, you lots are busy carrying nonsense cargo from China. Rubbish!
But you're buying them! Am not ibo though...

6 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by totit: 7:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
infinitethrust:
this is a 2018 news oohh.

Its not august 2020 they mean oohh. Beware of them!!

Obviously.

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by BabaRamota1980: 8:10pm On Aug 18, 2020
IamWonderful:
What the east still waiting for in the west, they can turn their poverty capital of the south around, I thought they said it was the port that was helping Lagos, they pack their loads and go back to their mudslides
The concession of Onitsha inland port must be given to Yoruba. I want to see a yanminri that will oppose.

2 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by kettykin: 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
wait first until Dangote starts shipping clinker from Obajana via kogi port down to Onitsha and down to the atlantic before you see real South west wailing, i knew tables would turn before 2023

6 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by horsepower102: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
kettykin:
wait first until Dangote starts shipping clinker from Obajana via kogi port down to Onitsha and down to the atlantic before you see real South west wailing, i knew tables would turn before 2023

Leave them let them continue to dwell on propaganda and old glories.

The truth is that Nigeria must either completely open up its economy or crumble. Oil revenue wont save it anymore.

5 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by NGpatriot: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Sadly for you and the kabukabu report, this is the real deal at the end of the day..

grin grin grin

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Anambra1stS0n: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:
cc proeast, Pentagon007 Hellraiser77
They are very ignorant when we told them that markets in Onitsha, Nnewi and Aba feed markets in the middle belt, Southsouth and far north they thought we were joking, even Ondo state buy some of their goods from Onitsha, go to head bridge in Onitsha and see trucks and buses fully loaded with goods heading to Edo and Ondo state, only an idiot will doubt the viability of Onitsha port, even ongoing Cargo Airport in Anambra, the state host highest number of markets than any state in Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by NGpatriot: 9:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
flokii:

Fvck off my mentions

Carry 60 percent of cargo full of E-wastes, condemned tyres, toothpicks, cottonbuds etc.
Others are industrializing, you lots are busy carrying nonsense cargo from China. Rubbish!

What are the items they stockpile inside their cargo? Rubbish obviously like second hand clothes, waste products and other crooked rubbish, definitely not industrial and manufacturing goods and services since the SW is Nigeria's industrial base and output.

In their village world, quantity is better than quality.

grin grin
Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by oneeast3: 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Cool
Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by zuchyblink(m): 9:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

What are the items they stockpile inside their cargo? Rubbish obviously like second hand clothes, waste products and other crooked rubbish, definitely not industrial and manufacturing goods and services since the SW is Nigeria's industrial base and output.

In their village world, quantity is better than quality.
A good number of what we import are raw materials to support our indigenous industries
grin grin
Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by proeast(m): 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
horsepower102:

The importance of Onitsha port to Igboland can never be overemphasized. Once it becomes viable, Anambra will easily be in the first three most industrialized state. Economic activities in the state skyrocket and investments will flood the state. Onitsha is more strategically located in Nigeria than even Lagos, and would easily cater for the South East, South South, NC, and NE as well as parts of NW and SW. Even goods going to Chad and Niger will find it more economical and strategic to use the Onitsha port than any other port.

Igbos control the Import trade and freight logistics both in Nigeria and China, so it is now left for us to expedite the process.

The implications of this development is numerous because it will truly prove that we can stand 100% on our own without needing any other region and that will be our major step towards greatness.

7 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by NGpatriot: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
zuchyblink:
A good number of what we import are raw materials to support our indigenous industries

So, your village industries consume more raw material than the main industrial bases in Nigeria, Lagos and Ogun responsible for nearly all our industrial output? grin grin

There are more industries in Ogun state alone than all your ipob states combined, but you still want us to believe that you consume more raw material than Lagos and Ogun state?

Must you people play comedy all the time?

grin grin grin
Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by NGpatriot: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
proeast:

The importance of Onitsha port to Igboland can never be overemphasized. Once it becomes viable, Anambra will easily be in the first three most industrialized state. Economic activities in the state skyrocket and investments will flood the state. Onitsha is more strategically located in Nigeria than even Lagos, and would easily cater for the South East, South South, NC, and NE as well as parts of NW and SW. Even goods going to Chad and Niger will find it more economical and strategic to use the Onitsha port than any other port.

Igbos control the Import trade and freight logistics both in Nigeria and China, so it is now left for us to expedite the process.

The implications of this development is numerous because it will truly prove that we can stand 100% on our own without needing any other region and that will be our major step towards greatness.

Landlocked villages are now more strategic than Lagos?

I think this thread don descend to entertainment level.

grin grin
Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Asgard13: 9:56pm On Aug 18, 2020
infinitethrust:
this is a 2018 news oohh.

Its not august 2020 they mean oohh. Beware of them!!

Yoruba man...
See fear...

So your mind no give you say e for don reach73% by today 2020..

Yoruba sef

6 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 18, 2020
Importing rubbish junk from China. Lagos and South West would always be rich due to its population and wealth. No Yoruba man would leave SW for the SE
Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by horsepower102: 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
Skynet45:
Importing rubbish junk from China. Lagos and South West would always be rich due to its population and wealth. No Yoruba man would leave SW for the SE

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by proeast(m): 10:59pm On Aug 18, 2020
NGpatriot:

Landlocked villages are now more strategic than Lagos?

I think this thread don descend to entertainment level.

grin grin

WTF are you talking about? Onitsha is closer to the North, East and South than Lagos that is located at the fringes of Nigeria. Even Chad and Niger will easily access their goods from Onitsha than Lagos.

Is it that you don't understand what being strategically located means or what?

I pray that imports into Onitsha would become expedited soon so you will understand what we are talking about.

5 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Pentagon007: 12:38am On Aug 19, 2020
horsepower102:

Yorubas are shitting in their pants already grin
and their biggest fear is about to be happen- Lagos has lost its appeal and Alaigbo is taking over grin
BTW where is Gbabkosh with his crushed sucrutum grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by NGpatriot: 12:38am On Aug 19, 2020
proeast:

WTF are you talking about? Onitsha is closer to the North, East and South than Lagos that is located at the fringes of Nigeria. Even Chad and Niger will easily access their goods from Onitsha than Lagos.

Is it that you don't understand what being strategically located means or what?

I pray that imports into Onitsha would become expedited soon so you will understand what we are talking about.

Strategically located, but after so many decades since the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and till today, the SE is still at the bottom of everything in Nigeria, still the poorest, even as poor as war ravaged NE.

So, of what relevance is your location to investors prefering to invest in the SW instead of your strategic SE location or to the SW controlling goods and services all over West Africa?

Abeg go and rest with that fallacy.
Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by slivertongue: 12:47am On Aug 19, 2020
“ Onitsha port will serve the South East Nigeria; in fact, Onitsha port will be the most viable port as over 60 per cent of cargo in Nigeria goes to Onitsha, so it is going to be a very busy port,”

landlocked ??

1 Like

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by pricklewane: 12:59am On Aug 19, 2020
izombie:
just look at the hatred and senseless sh1t coming from you. Shame on you.
If you are not cursed you'd have cautioned your tribesmen that were bragging over 60% before he made it known it was 60% of e-waste n rubbish they were bragging about.
Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by slivertongue: 1:00am On Aug 19, 2020
NGpatriot:

Strategically located, but after so many decades since the 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's and till today, the SE is still at the bottom of everything in Nigeria, still the poorest, even as poor as war ravaged NE.

So, of what relevance is your location to investors prefering to invest in the SW instead of your strategic SE location?

Abeg go and rest with that fallacy.

if the middle belt is in the position of today's SE we will be happy. the SE, AK, Rivers and CRS looks like the future going by recent infrastructure , literacy level, manpower, stability, indigenous investments and investors. the north can't boost of the above, worst is the NE you dragged into the conversation.

3 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by Yankee101: 1:04am On Aug 19, 2020
This statement may trigger some people to want to sabotage the project

Imagine 60% reduction in Tin Can

4 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by NGpatriot: 1:59am On Aug 19, 2020
slivertongue:

if the middle belt is in the position of today's SE we will be happy. the SE, AK, Rivers and CRS looks like the future going by recent infrastructure , literacy level, manpower, stability, indigenous investments and investors. the north can't boost of the above, worst is the NE you dragged into the conversation.

Lekki Deep Seaport, Lagos SW Nigeria. Largest in West Africa= Checked

Dangote refinery, largest single refinery complex in the world, Lagos SW Nigeria = Checked

Dangote fertilizer plant, largest fertilizer plant in the WORLD, Lagos SW Nigeria -Checked

Dangote petrochemical plant, Largest in Africa, Lagos, SW Nigeria. = Checked

Lekki Free Trade Zone, Largest in Africa, Lagos, SW Nigeria = Checked

While you're sitting there dreaming about imaginary future, the SW is already a million miles ahead.

No region outside the SW can check what's in the above quote in a million years.

2 Likes

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by ambu2: 8:47am On Aug 19, 2020
Good development.
Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by slivertongue: 9:36am On Aug 19, 2020
NGpatriot:

While you're sitting there dreaming about imaginary future, the SW is already a million miles ahead.

No region outside the SW can check what's in the above quote in a million years.
you are at liberty to praise your region but I am liberty to dream of a great future for the middle belt. I listed a number of factors which is aiding the steady growth of SS and SE. I stand by the above. you only dwelt on infrastructure but left out other factors. I repeat, the mix I listed favors SS and SE. SS feeds Nigeria. i pefer the model of development in the areas I mentioned. your millions of miles advantage is a fallacy, SW goes cap in hand for crude oil revenues. so tell your story to the marines

1 Like

Re: "60 Percent Of Cargo In Nigeria Goes To Onitsha"- NIWA by horsepower102: 2:16pm On Aug 19, 2020
slivertongue:

you are at liberty to praise your region but I am liberty to dream of a great future for the middle belt. I listed a number of factors which is aiding the steady growth of SS and SE. I stand by the above. you only dwelt on infrastructure but left out other factors. I repeat, the mix I listed favors SS and SE. SS feeds Nigeria. i pefer the model of development in the areas I mentioned. your millions of miles advantage is a fallacy, SW goes cap in hand for crude oil revenues. so tell your story to the marines

Well said. The one thing about them is that they (SW) always claim to have it all but the idea of them becoming independent scares them the most.

They have it all as long as everyone else is forced to go to their region for everything and as long as they continue to get Niger delta oil and gas.

They can’t deceive everyone. People are seeing their fallacies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tragedy As Formal Nigerian Governor Dies Of Undisclose Illness / Has Gov. Hope Of Imo State Resign Or On The Run? / This Is Going To Be The President Of Nigeria[pictures]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.