Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,083 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final (24089 Views)

Thiago Silva: “this Might Be My Last Ever Champions’ League / Euro 2020: England Reach Their First Major Final Since 1966, To Play Italy / PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by ogbiwa: 7:33am On Aug 19, 2020
Paris St-Germain are through to their first Champions League final courtesy of a deserved victory over RB Leipzig in an entertaining semi-final in Lisbon.

One of Europe's biggest spenders, but also one of the continent's most high-profile underachievers on the grandest stage, PSG finally seized their opportunity courtesy of goals from Marquinhos, Angel di Maria and Juan Bernat.

The former, who scored the first of two late goals in a comeback win over Atalanta in the last eight, rose to head home a superbly delivered free-kick from Di Maria.

The Argentine forward then finished well from close range following an audacious flick from Neymar after Leipzig goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi had relinquished possession with a dire kick.

With the fit-again Kylian Mbappe and Neymar terrorising the Leipzig backline, the French side should have been out of sight before the break, but the latter twice hit the post - from a clipped finish then an opportunist free-kick from range - before side-footing another chance wide at the near post.

Prior to PSG's second, Yussuf Poulsen had Leipzig's best chance but fired wide after he was found by a Dani Olmo pull-back.

Bernat sealed the win in the second half with a header that Leipzig felt was offside but was legitimate as the prone Nordi Mukiele, who had slipped in the build-up, was playing the scorer onside.

PSG will find out who they face in Sunday's final when five-time winners Bayern Munich play Lyon in the other semi-final on Wednesday.

This is glorious, but nervous, virgin territory for PSG.

The vast sums of money pumped into the French club by owners Qatar Sports Investments since 2011 has enabled them to dominate domestically. In Europe, though, not so much.

In the three seasons prior to this one they exited in the last 16, and before that they went out in the quarter-finals four years in a row - results that ultimately cost managers Laurent Blanc and Unai Emery their jobs.

Thomas Tuchel, though, has found a way to break the glass ceiling, leading the side from the French capital to their first major European final since the Cup Winners' Cup in 1997, a year before Mbappe was born.

You cannot begrudge them it either on the basis of Tuesday's performance, which was calm, confident and incisive, in contrast to a nervy and often negligent display from their opponents.

The first and third goals gave Di Maria his 88th and 89th assists in all competitions since he joined the club in August 2015 - only Barcelona's Lionel Messi has more in Europe's top five leagues in that time.

He also now has nine goal involvements in the competition this season, surpassing the tally he managed in helping Real Madrid lift the trophy in 2013-14.

Neymar's brilliant assist took him to 23 goal involvements in 19 appearances for PSG (14 goals & nine assists) in the Champions League and while Mbappe's finishing was rusty, he was still able to regularly fashion chances for himself and others.

When this trio have started together this season, PSG have lost just one of 12 games. With them fully fit and firing, they will be a match for whoever they face in the final.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53759778

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by ojaysam25(m): 7:43am On Aug 19, 2020
I would love the prestigious cup to go to Paris...they have suffered enough but there is a team that has no mercy....PSG stand no chance...

92 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by swiz123(m): 7:44am On Aug 19, 2020
Simeone made us think leipzig were Bayern and should be sacked for it.

Atletico Madrid deserves better

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by internationalman(m): 7:55am On Aug 19, 2020
ATM eliminated Liverpool
RB Leipzig eliminated ATM
PSG eliminated RB Leipzig

Now it's Bayern Munich turn to eliminate PSG..

But with Neymar, Mbape, Di Maria, Draxler and Icardi I'd say PSG can't be disgraced like Chelsea and Barca..

119 Likes 14 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Raydos: 8:17am On Aug 19, 2020
This corona has blessed some clubs in some way!!

If it wasn't for Corona PSG would've been knocked out right in the Quarter Final, This One-Leg tie is making some clubs qualify to the next round by luck!

And PSG hasn't really played any club that are that good, They Played Atalanta in Quarter final and played RB Leizpeg in Semi final

Unlike Bayern who played Chelsea, Barca!!

Well, let's wait for the Final

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Karrima: 8:25am On Aug 19, 2020
Just do your best. Never lose hope. Just when we thought Neymar's career was over. Congratulations to them.

2 Likes

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Marvinoooo: 8:26am On Aug 19, 2020
Interesting
Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:26am On Aug 19, 2020
The PSG I watched playing yesterday, I doubt if they can play anything against Bayern. Bayern is just too good this season for any club. Atari ajanoku kin ma se ru omode

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by sammysneh(m): 8:26am On Aug 19, 2020
Psg had a easy ride all the way to the final but dey will be well beaten in the final by Bayern..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by PureGoldh(m): 8:26am On Aug 19, 2020
Na sure thing....kyrian na better striker wey no dey selfish.

Once he is in their match,sense dey fall ontop his fellow players.

Champions league final : PSG vs Bayern Munich

7 Likes

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by khingTony(m): 8:26am On Aug 19, 2020
The UCL Of the farmers League cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Lankybaby(f): 8:27am On Aug 19, 2020
Nothing to say
Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Andrew13: 8:27am On Aug 19, 2020
Farmers clubs in final

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Slawormir: 8:27am On Aug 19, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Muller and lewandowski are smiling right now

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by money121(m): 8:28am On Aug 19, 2020
Ok
Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Codedrock(m): 8:28am On Aug 19, 2020
I really pray my favorite club psg beat bayern..
Those motherfuc.kers are crazy.. They play like it's a fifa game.. Barcelona wasn't that poor in That Match... They just weren't expecting that kind of extremely crazy performance from bayern.. When I was watching I was wondering am I playing my fifa 20 game or watching an actual real life game

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by 00cyberghost(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2020
good for them but na Bayern get the trophy.
I am Clinton a full stack web developer. do you want a website that is highly functional? buzz/WhatsApp me on 080 7941 37 38

2 Likes

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Jahwinaboy(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2020
Maybe this is their season. BAYERN please let my people go...

4 Likes

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by OmoOshodi(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2020
internationalman:
ATM eliminated Liverpool
RB Leipzig eliminated ATM
PSG eliminated RB Leipzig

Now it's Bayern Munich turn to eliminate PSG..

But with Neymar, Mbape, Di Maria, Draxler and Icardi I'd say PSG can't be disgraced like Chelsea and Barca..
Bayern has a Goliath at goal post and many killer finishers up front.....expect like 5 goals margin...Bayern are unstoppable

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by rowland545(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2020
I see PSG bayern final...I don't need a babalawo to predict DAT one...anyway PSG played well yesterday... Am wondering if they could stop bayern.....but its football anything can happen

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by kokkubabboni421(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2020
K
Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by PapaPHWalka: 8:29am On Aug 19, 2020
Arsenal will win this cup

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by NORSIYK(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2020
They are taking advantage of the one legged tie, if it was the normal home and away tie I doubt if they'd have made it this far

5 Likes

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Camos: 8:29am On Aug 19, 2020
Mumu Article angry

Irrelevant Grammar everywhereangry angry angry
Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by MUTERIKA(m): 8:29am On Aug 19, 2020
it just might be their time
Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Amulla(m): 8:30am On Aug 19, 2020
so dey never go to ucl final before?

1 Like

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by Codedrock(m): 8:30am On Aug 19, 2020
Raydos:
This corona has blessed some clubs in some way!!

If it wasn't for Corona PSG would've been knocked out right in the Quarter Final, This One-Leg tie is making some clubs qualify to the next round by luck!
Maybe you are right.. But I am pretty sure this psg team will still beat any of these teams they have played both home and away

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: PSG Beat RB Leipzig To Reach Their First Ever Champions League Final by handsomeyinka(m): 8:30am On Aug 19, 2020
PSG coach right now ahead of the final with Bayern Munich

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Valencia Cf Vs NPFL All Stars 2 - 1 On 10th August 2016 / Segun Toriola Crashes Out Of #Rio2016 / Who Is The Most Handsome Super Eagle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.