Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. (98590 Views)

This VERY Cheeky Snap Of Princess Charlotte Is In The Running For A Royal Photo / Pictures Of A Big Python Killed In My Compound Today / Pictures Of A Big Python That Was Killed In Our Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hello people. smiley My name is Taiwo and I am a portrait and nature photographer based in Nigeria. Today, August 19 is world photography day. cheesy I had an encounter with a snake around May, and I have decided to share the experience today. cool I did my NYSC P.O.P on August 16, so, by May, I was still a corper.

It was in Akure, Ondo state. There was no electricity (as usual). undecided Our landlord turned on his generator and we took the opportunity to charge. smiley After plugging our devices, some of us sat outside to receive fresh air and wait till 9pm (when the generator will go off). grin. I was reading a novel with my disloyal Torchlight (Just wait to see the disloyalty grin) and my back was resting on the fence. So, it was some minutes past eight and everyone has gone inside to do one thing or the other. I was alone outside. cool

Suddenly, I started having this farmilar feeling of "something wants to happen". undecided I initially thought maybe a scorpion was around or something. I turned on my Torchlight to shine around me, I didn't see nothing. My body was supposed to calm down after doing that, but it didn't. I instantly knew something bad was around the corner. My heart raced faster. sad I didn't know what told me to on the Torchlight again and shine it right beside me!! Brothers and sisters, by my left, I saw a fairly big royal python coming towards me !! shocked shocked shocked it was very close to me!!! shocked shocked. Immediately the light from my torch fell on it, it stopped and kind of looked up at the light!!!!! That was the moment my very wicked Torchlight decided to blink twice and go off!! cry cry cry grin grin. Ladies and gentlemen, cool, the speed at which I jumped up from the plastic chair amazes me till today!! grin cheesy cheesy I shouted blood of Jesus and ran inside the lodge to alert others. The ladies stayed back. undecided of course!! grin we looked for sticks and I made sure I didn't smash the head more than once, because, the photographer in me just saw an opportunity to take pictures of a python! cool The devil suggested I preserve it in my room till the next morning!! shocked shocked. What if it wakes up and decides to cuddle me in the midnight? smiley grin

So, I took a few shots the next morning and replaced the slightly smashed head in Photoshop. cool Nobody helped me to hold the dead snake or the stick it was on. Very challenging, but, I got the shot and I am happy.
Shots were taken on my Nikon d40x and 55-200mm lens. I need a better camera for wildlife and stuffs. Yes I know!! But, economy is hard. cheesy

cc help me push it to the promise Land. grin grin

351 Likes 32 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by illicit(m): 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2020
You are a coward but a good photographer wink

330 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
illicit:
You are a coward but a good photographer wink
. grin grin grin. Thank you, the brave man. grin grin

My Instagram page is @timagex photography and nature_with_nikon. I follow back... smiley.

443 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Kpomosauce: 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by XINOIX: 7:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin you for move front small nah you dey back too far bros grin

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Timagex(m): 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2020
XINOIX:
grin you for move front small nah you dey back too far bros grin
. grin grin. Wicked people everywhere...

158 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Afonjas are always afraid of even small coachroach but can never be afraid of using so much pepper for meals

Nice job though

125 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Amspecial: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
grin
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by ForeThinker: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
It's well
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
I think they should create a snake category, where you can post all your snake related stories grin

Who else is thinking with me?

147 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Penboy: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Upcoming wildlife photographer and you're killing snakes. What you ought to be preserving.

Well done sir.

Cc. Natgeo

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Slawormir: 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
The body design and colour of python dey amaze me
Op you for nor kill this beautiful creature

They don't bite to defend and attack

They only swallow small small animals..,.
If we keep our cool... then a Human python cohabitation is very possible
Even the so called venomous snake like viper, black mamba and cobra don't attack humans....they can even live with us in a residential building.... without biting us....
Since i was born...I never hear say snake bit person for House

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by mariamadenle(m): 9:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
I believe if no one comment on this post it will still reach front page

Lala with snake..����

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by EyezofGod120: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Lala seff

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by RepentanceSure: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Lala on the bit

We need brave men like you to lead in peaceful protest against this bad government

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Professorcplus(m): 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
imagine the snake resurrection before morning angry grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by friday2011(m): 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
This one na domestic life not wild life

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by gungab(m): 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Common Meeenh

I salute your courage

2 Likes

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Lekison(m): 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2020
Impressive
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by warem(m): 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Hope say you no fry am after o

7 Likes

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by kyuniii(m): 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
keep it up.
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by pocohantas(f): 9:06pm On Aug 19, 2020
Upcoming wildlife photographer that is smashing non-venomous snake.

Anyway, that is a good shot.

16 Likes

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Cathryna99(f): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
God is with you. cool

Nice shot by the way.

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by BonPatrick(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
Useless guy

3 Likes

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
Y

The picture is beautiful smiley

But I was thinking nah like all this huge snakes like the Burma phyton you dey talk about, nah dz Small Snake make you run like that
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by tellwisdom: 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
Spits angry
Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by TIDDOLL(m): 9:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
[/b]Nice creativity..

But as a Wildlife photographer you should encourage conservation and shun animal cruelty, else there will be no Fauna for you to photograph.

There's no joy in taking a picture of a lifeless "Royal Python", whilst the Snake in focus is known for its calm demeanor.

I'm an Amateur Nature/Wildlife photographer myself, there's a whole lot we can do to promote Wildlife conservation in Nigeria..

Don't be dettered, Well done.[b]

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by stonemind(f): 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
I like brave men

1 Like

Re: How An Upcoming Nigerian Wildlife Photographer Got Pictures Of A Royal Python. by BREYZ: 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2020
I rushed to this thread thinking the python wore a crown on its head. So disappointed undecided

32 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nairaland Forum Rules and Regulations / Share Your Experience With Weird People You Have Encountered / How To Check If Your National ID Card Is Ready For Collection In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.