Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks (40430 Views)

North Korea Issues A Stark Warning To The UN Security Council( Pics) / Mali Coup: President Bah Nda, PM, Defence Minister Detained By Mutinous Soldiers / Faces Of Mali Coup Leaders Unveiled (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by holocron: 8:38am On Aug 20, 2020
mauchiz:
This is what Nigeria needs now, I don't care how they will remove Buhari, they should remove him from Aso rock, Nigerians are tired of his LACK OF leadership.

Mtchew

@ the bolded, I think, is more apt.
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by BadBradley: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2020
EMMY76:

Mali is bigger than nigeria in size go check ur map they are only smaller in population and resources.
Lawd!!!! Where does the geographical size of a country matter when we're talking about big and small countries in the context of international politics and influence?

Na geography you read for school?
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by BadBradley: 8:45am On Aug 20, 2020
WoundedLamb:

I don't understand the question, I think there's a typo in it. But what I'm saying is, any country that topples it's own government becomes headless and invariably invites external forces to save the citizens from anarchy. In the western world, there are steps to impeach a leader. If the use of force is allowed, then we're heading back to the pre-civilization days when the physically strongest leads till a more powerful person emerges and overthrows him forcefully because there will never be a government without enemies and you can't call for the rule of law when you came into power forcefully yourself. In summary, coups are archaic and never really yields positive results other than setting a terrible precedence. Africa seriously needs to move beyond that.

yes, there was a typo. I understand your point but the UN has always used African countries to pretend to be effective and resort to dialogue when it comes to big countries.

For instance no western country abides by its court rulings or even allow their mater to be adjudicated there. It's only African countries.
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by Miracle1991: 9:10am On Aug 20, 2020
Princewell2012:

If they obey will they not be curt marshal?
is better they are court Marshall than to allow innocent people to surfer the wrath of the UN. Btw, they can reach an agreement with the president who may eventually forgive them.
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by TruthinAction: 9:50am On Aug 20, 2020
United Nation is a toothless dog. All they do is talk just to stay relevant.
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by Vulcan24(m): 10:03am On Aug 20, 2020
Racoon:
Hard men them.Coup is no longer desirable but the power-desperate mindset of many an African leader even under democracy tends to make it a welcome idea.

Guess it's the same UN that stood idle while most African nations are engulf in needless political crisis because of selfish & wicked leaders?

From feelers coming from Mali, majority of the citizens are happy with the soldiers coup.This is what happens when the citizens loose hope in democratic govt. "A truly patriotic and selfless Military is 100% better than all these Criminals who call themselves politicians and demo-crazy." -credits.

permit me to share on my FB Timeline sir
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by asobo: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2020
Abouwaza:
The new Oga in town
Nigeria and Mali has almost the same problem
Do you think they would be solved same way?
Fear of coup is why Buhari is still retaining the service chiefs. If you're observant, NA in the last two years have reshuffled various heads of units not less than three times.
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by MartinsD12(m): 11:27am On Aug 20, 2020
mvem:
and you think the Army is better. Can't we learn from history...funny enough same Mali had a coup in 2012, so what is the difference ? You guyzz don't learn from history. How many Coups have taken place in Africa to remove corrupt leaders...what happened after they took over ?...na same una go call the Army Fulani Army

Also in a military administration all these free speech you enjoy now that you can complain and say anything will be all gone...nothing like courts or fair hearing...
No argument here they have done well
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by 12inchess: 11:30am On Aug 20, 2020
Riddle me this. Part of America's constitution is that people should be able to bare arms and take over from a useless govt. Yes, it's in declaration of independence. I don't even understand what in United about UN Security council that is filled with Oyinbos and Chincos without any African representation. Mschwww
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by Ajsmart(m): 1:24pm On Aug 20, 2020
This is what I’ve been trying to explain to people that European nations and AmeriKKKa will always find a way to keep African nations underdeveloped.

They support corrupt and evil governments because they are afraid they’ll lose out once Africans begin putting their houses in order.

Progression of African nations means less resources for the West.
They know that Africa is their umbilical cords so they foster division and corruption.

BizBayo:
So the UN was active before things went South in Mali abi. So they can not call the casted away president and prime minister to order to deliver good governance to the people...

Now that the will of the people has been done they are now giving order.... Shior.

Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by oscarmarley(m): 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
Originalsly:

Nice ad.... price?
any amount u thinks is ok
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by Captaincee(m): 2:06am On Aug 21, 2020
Openbusiness:
Mtchwwwwwww! They should stop calling themselves United Nations because nothing about them is united.
Fela sang about it too
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by TheCork(m): 9:34am On Sep 09, 2020
iomoge2:
the only problem is a certain tribe has taken over the military. They know we would fall back to the military when democracy is messed up. They are strengthening all lose ends. They are wise. They are smart they are politicians. They plan for the future.
Only division can help us.

Hello. Please are u intarested in housemaid work for juss 6month. I will pay u a cool 200naira per months,cash.its a shance to make moiney. U intarested? cheesy
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by iomoge2(f): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2020
TheCork:

Hello. Please are u intarested in housemaid work for juss 6month. I will pay u a cool 200naira per months,cash.its a shance to make moiney. U intarested? cheesy
pay 150naira and I wee konsida. tongue
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by TheCork(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2020
iomoge2:
pay 150naira and I wee konsida. tongue

Cool please do u have nyansh? smiley
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by Nobody: 5:31am On Aug 08, 2021
The true history of the yoruba:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llporKrPsbU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2hU-ibkPfg

Please kindly help me locate one of these 5 things:

1) ife empire
2) bight of ife
3) bight of yoruba
4) ife battle against britain
5) ife republic
Re: Mali Coup: UN Security Council Orders Soldiers To Return To Barracks by orisa37: 7:44am On Aug 11, 2021
VERY GOOD.

USE NIGERIA TO CHASE THEM BACK TO BARRACKS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jammeh Donates All Harvested Rice In His Farm To President Barrow / Algerians Celebrate In The Streets As President Abdelaziz Bouteflika Resigns / Putin Warns US, NATO Not To Interfere Or Face Consequences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.