Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament (31493 Views)

Enugu State Government Demolishes Buildings In Centenary City, Residents Cry Out / Governor Abba Kabir Yusuf Demolishes Buildings Approved By Ganduje (Video) / FCTA Demolishes Brothels, Illegal Structures In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Galactico4ever(m): 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Why didn't u pursue d compensation? Kubwa?
We did, but it was fruitless. It's all in the past now.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by rovher: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2020
yanabasee1:
Is Abuja designed for the rich alone?

Trying to make life Miserable to an extent of demolishing homes without creating another enabling environment for them to move to....
Big question ...
Given up on naija long time ago ...
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Asour: 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
Commentor:

There are laid down laws.

If you break them, you gnash your teeth.

I am all for the rule of law but Nigeria is just a shock joke at times.

It is the same Nigeria where property taxes for the rich was conceived in Lagos but gradually died out after the elite worked against it ?

God help us.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by micflo28(m): 8:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guyman02:
The Chairman mentioned that the landlords were compensated with plots of land.
I was in that situation at one time, my house was demolished and we were giving plot of land somewhere at the boundary between Abuja, Niger and Kaduna state after Bwari, no road, no electricity, no water, no nothing was provided and we were giving building plan spec to build in that bush. It was a way of driving the low income earners out of Abuja to another state, they don't want to see you if you are poor.

The Chairman of that Task Force Ikharo Attah used to be an advocate for the ordinary citizens as a reporter for ITV Abuja, since the minister appointed him as Covid19 Task Force Chairman he started by invading churches to implement lockdown and harrassing Pastors with Bible verses and filming it and making it viral, then the minister added sanitation to his portfolio because of his gragra.
Give a man power and it's then you will know his true colours, what we have in Nigeria are mostly Fake Activists
They use your shoulders in disguise as activists to get to the corridor of power which is there main target. I hate people who see others as fools and usable.

2 Likes

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Trunaijian: 8:35pm On Aug 20, 2020
yanabasee1:

Trying to make life Miserable to an extent of demolishing homes without creating another enabling environment for them to move to....

You didn’t read that they were duly compensated?
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Kenny9857(m): 8:38pm On Aug 20, 2020
Ii
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Mistakemaker: 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2020
Abuja isn't for the poor
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by winterfell007(m): 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
Openbusiness:
shocked truth is many of houses in outskirts areas in Abuja na illegal structures. How do I know? Many years ago I went to Abuja to pursue a business. I was going to stay there for a week or 2 but couldn't afford to pay hotel bills. Fortunately a contact in Lagos hooked me up with his friend in Abuja to squat with temporarily for that period. When I got to d guy's house it was outskirts area and then every morning he will drive to the main town for work etc. One day we were discussing and he was like if I can save money to buy and build in this area, I can be renting it out to make money cuz cheap accomodation was scarce in Abuja etc. That the house he built it together with another girl, they contributed about 600k, around 250k bought the land and then they built like a 4 bedroom shanty kind of building. One room for him, one room for her and other room for tenants. That that's how most of the houses in that area is. That they are illegal structures with no approval from govt, land was bought from local "mafias". That any time govt can come and demolish. So I asked him then why take the risk. 600k no b small money na. He was like, the risk is calculated. That before govt comes to do enforce and demolition in outskirts it might take many years. They have been there for 5 years now. So they have luck on their side. That most landlord's there hope they will have recovered their money before govt eyes reach them. But some areas are not so lucky. In 1 or 2 years govt beam its light on them and demolish everywhere. Money is gone! But I can only say govt should tamper justice with mercy. These people are your citizens not foreigners. Don't treat them like outcasts you want to deport to another country

You are very right. Those it regrettable that those properties were destroyed without compensation. But before people buy land in Abuja, they should confirm with FCTA if those are 'Free from Government Acquisition' (FFGA). It saves you from future worries

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by MotiveU(f): 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guyman02:
I was in that situation at one time, my house was demolished and we were giving plot of land somewhere at the boundary between Abuja, Niger and Kaduna state after Bwari, no road, no electricity, no water, no nothing was provided and we were given building plan spec to build in that bush with no mortgage. It was a way of driving the low income earners out of Abuja to another state, they don't want to see you if you are poor.

The Chairman of that Task Force Ikharo Attah used to be an advocate for the ordinary citizens as a reporter for ITV Abuja, since the minister appointed him as Covid19 Task Force Chairman he started by invading churches to implement lockdown and harrassing Pastors with Bible verses and filming it and making it viral, then the minister added sanitation to his portfolio because of his gragra.
Give a man power and it's then you will know his true colours, what we have in Nigeria are mostly Fake Activists
You have said nothing but the truth

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by jaxxy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hmmm
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by chachanga: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guyman02:
I was in that situation at one time, my house was demolished and we were giving plot of land somewhere at the boundary between Abuja, Niger and Kaduna state after Bwari, no road, no electricity, no water, no nothing was provided and we were giving building plan spec to build in that bush. It was a way of driving the low income earners out of Abuja to another state, they don't want to see you if you are poor.

Now that they've ramped up activities on the CAMA Act 2020 to assign regulatory powers over the church to a govt
functionary, it's best Christians speak up rather than their usual culture of divisiveness.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Perfecttouchade: 9:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
Things dey happen for we country..too bad. Check out our services

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by nextstep(m): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
So the initial officials claimed there was no demolition, after collecting a "no-demolition fee" grin
Then days later, these same officals to demolish.

But you know our people sha - they must have gotten warnings for weeks, but we no dey listen.
People build land without CofO; landlords will collect rent knowing their buildings are illegal, etc. Na we dey do ourselves sha.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Oizee(f): 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
This is not fair, can dis people ever recover from this loss.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Austino50: 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
It shall never be well with who ever behind this order, cama will surely visit him or her, because this is not the right time at all to render people homeless and inflict pains on them while they and their families are in the comfort of their homes with taxpayers money.... God will surely punish them
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by delpee(f): 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2020
I just feel so sad for the indigenous inhabitants of Abuja.
I watched a documentary on their villages on TVC recently. Abject poverty, lack of basic infrastructure, farmlands being taken from them....sorrow and desperation for fairness and justice all over. Great pity!

3 Likes

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guyman02:
I was in that situation at one time, my house was demolished and we were giving plot of land somewhere at the boundary between Abuja, Niger and Kaduna state after Bwari, no road, no electricity, no water, no nothing was provided and we were given building plan spec to build in that bush with no mortgage. It was a way of driving the low income earners out of Abuja to another state, they don't want to see you if you are poor.

The Chairman of that Task Force Ikharo Attah used to be an advocate for the ordinary citizens as a reporter for ITV Abuja, since the minister appointed him as Covid19 Task Force Chairman he started by invading churches to implement lockdown and harrassing Pastors with Bible verses and filming it and making it viral, then the minister added sanitation to his portfolio because of his initial gragra and he is desperate to cement his new positionshocked.

Give a man power and it's then you will know his true colours, what we have in Nigeria are mostly Fake Activists, wait until they occupy a public position

Nigerians are terrible when given authority. Fake activists everywhere.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Think9ja(m): 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2020
I support this demolition 100% if those structures were illegal structures.
They can't tell me they never knew they were on government property.

Abuja is not Lagos where people acquire lands without the necessary paperwork. If you want land, go to the FCDA and buy.

Abuja is the only true city we have in Nigeria and we must guard it by all means. And yes, even if that means pushing poor people out of the city. Every body cannot live in Abuja.

We keep talking of how underdeveloped we are as a country and now that FCTA are trying to change the paradigm, you're crying foul. I live 45 kilometres from the heart of the city, N300 can get me there. I can go there any time to run my package and then come back home.

Living in the city (and especially Abuja) is not for everyone.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by okrote4real: 10:02pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guyman02:

The Chairman of that Task Force Ikharo Attah used to be an advocate for the ordinary citizens as a reporter for ITV Abuja, since the minister appointed him as Covid19 Task Force Chairman he started by invading churches to implement lockdown and harrassing Pastors with Bible verses and filming it and making it viral, then the minister added sanitation to his portfolio because of his initial gragra and he is desperate to cement his new positionshocked.

Give a man power and it's then you will know his true colours, what we have in Nigeria are mostly Fake Activists, wait until they occupy a public position

You succinctly spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by bejeria101(m): 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
The demolition went down at 3am, with over a thousand police officer deployed as if na war, yet with banditry and kidnapping na stories una go dey tell. Wehdone sar!
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Bimpe29: 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2020
Demolition of properties in Abuja has always generated mixed reactions but FCTA is justifiably right in that respect.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 10:34pm On Aug 20, 2020
Eyaa
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by SweetCunt97(f): 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2020
Galactico4ever:
We did, but it was fruitless. It's all in the past now.
Sure.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by ninodaniel(m): 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Digitalstarlite:
OK...is it Abuja?
No na nsukka

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by ubee(m): 11:08pm On Aug 20, 2020
yanabasee1:

Do you read and article Halfway only before commenting? You didn't see the part at the end of the story indicated that houses and plots of land has been allocated to the displaced indigenes?
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Alanzazani: 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2020
Guyman02:

Very true words. Ikharo should not forget in a hurry. the guy really messed people up during the lockdown. He will arrest you and put you in a cell. Even the IG could not get you out till he comes the next day. Karma is a bitch eventually

1 Like

Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by demoBaba: 1:33am On Aug 21, 2020
Kingpele:
Wickedness at its peak.... We have new set of demonic personalities in government this days, that your master plan is it not man made, why not correct the plan since you guys gave people approval and permission to build this houses. I thought government is continuation from previous administrations.. I pity the landlords most because their hard earned money has been wasted just like that... The wicked will never go unpunished... Eternity is not 30 trillion years, is not even 50 zillion years, menh is forever, if u are separated from God forever simply because u want to enjoy a temporary pleasures of life of sin, what is your gain? 200 years of enjoyment can not be compared with eternity without God.. Just think about it for a while

Those building don't have approval, that's why I advised people if you don't have much money buy land in Nasarawa or Niger State they are very close to Abuja building your bungalow and you will have peace of mind.
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Slynation(m): 1:49am On Aug 21, 2020
westlius:
I believe they will b compensated
In this Nigeria?? i don't think so, perhaps only some Landlord might be given a land somewhere inside the bush.....
Re: FCTA Demolishes Buildings, Properties Worth Millions As Abuja Residents Lament by Obas101(m): 3:23am On Aug 21, 2020
Scanfrost:
Not everybody should run to cities stay in your villages and farm
Most were indigenes of that city. Its the government chasing them away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Glamour Gardens Estate..4bedroom Semi-detached With BQ @ #33m Per Unit (pics att / Wow Amazing Waterfall Terraces In Ojodu Omole Very Flexible +2349030188831 / How much does it cost to drill (dig) a Borehole, on an average?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.