Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) (1769 Views)

Intended Couple Die Naked In Kano / Adetokunbo Ajibola Jailed In UK For Drug Dealings / Sex Assault! Outrage As Guys Pull Lady's Gown Up Exposing Pantless Bum In Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2020
A BRITISH ex-public schoolboy has been stripped and flogged 24 times in a Singapore jail for drugs offences.

London-born Ye Ming Yuen, 31, was strapped to a large wooden bench before being brutally beaten.

He was punished in the 'caning room' in Changi Prison where he is currently serving 20 years for his crimes.

The former Westminster School pupil's caning came after he had his second appeal rejected by the Singaporean courts.

The Foreign Office has condemned the brutal beating - which came despite calls for leniency from Home Secretary Priti Patel, reports the Daily Mail.

Yuen was working as a DJ in Singapore when he was arrested in 2016 for the possessing and selling drugs.

According to local reports, investigations found he had begun to sell drugs to fund his lavish lifestyle and pay off gambling debts.

He pleaded guilty to trafficking 15 grams of methamphetamine, possession and consumption charges and was granted bail.

It was at this time that he was once again arrested for the offences of trafficking and possession of cannabis

Yuen pleaded guilty to four of the 12 charges on 18th July 2018 and was sentenced to a total of 20 years jail time and 24 strokes of the cane - the maximum amount allowed in Singapore.

His plight hit the headlines when then Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt brought up the case with Singapore's Foreign Affairs Minister during an official visit in January 2019.

The prisoner's sister Elysia Yuen, 32, told the Daily Mail: "Ming knows what he did was wrong and deserved to be punished.

"We know it's a different country with different laws and you should respect those laws, but isn't a 20-year prison sentence punishment enough?"

The British High Commission in Singapore said: "The UK strongly opposes corporal punishment in all circumstances and condemns its use in this case."

At £41,000 a year Westminster School he gained a string of top exam results before apparently falling in with the wrong crowd.

Caning is a widely used form of corporal punishment in the city state and the punishment for drug use and trafficking are notoriously strict, including the death penalty.

The 'mandatory death penalty' in applies to those caught with more than 30 grams of cocaine, 200 grams of hashish or 500 grams of cannabis.

Human rights groups say caning in Singapore is a violation of international law and breaches the United Nations Convention Against Torture.

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12448880/brit-31-flogged-naked-in-singapore-jail-for-drug-dealing-as-uk-slams-corporal-punishment/

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by IamSalt: 7:32pm On Aug 20, 2020
Them Cane Undertaker for him body.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by beauty7: 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2020
Let's wait for Righteousness89 to come and analyse this.
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by Righteousness89(m): 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
This is a more of a Taste of what is to Come.

The Toture , Sufferings and Pains that will be Unleashed here on Earth by the antichrist and his agents on those who Will Be Unfortunate to Miss the Rapture will be More Terrible!

Laugh about it! Joke about it!

The Fact Remains it Must come to Pass..

My Precious Daddy Describes it as this

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be"

The Choice is Right now in our Court! Make Use of it before the Table turns!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by Nbotee(m): 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2020
If dat is their punishment over there for drug dealings den wat is d outrage for? He pleaded guilty, let him enjoy d punishment for dealing drugs to live a lavish lifestyle..
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by Slawormir: 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright
Righteousness89:

The Toture , Sufferings and Pains that will be Unleashed here on Earth by the antichrist and his agents on those who Will Be Unfortunate to Miss the Rapture will be More Terrible!
The Fact Remains it Must come to Pass
This niggarrr self.. ....... everything na just end time

I don first tell you say you get luck say you nor dey stay with me
I for don use weed reset your brain....I go just cook indomie or beans with weed for you make you sleep for two days.....as you dey wake up from that two days sleep i go tie loud for you make you smoke
As you dey recover from loud i go Carry you go bar go give you ten bottles...then leave you for the bar make you stagger come house.....if your brain never still format completely then i go book hotel make two slim and beautiful runs babe come bang the hell out of you all through the night...with cow girl style....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by ExBanker: 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2020
Omo see flogging. This one pass aboki own ooo
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2020
i once saw a public flogging, and within the fourth lashing, the nyansh of the dude started bleeding, kai!

thats certainly will teach him a great lesson.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by punisha: 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2020
sad

Ayam not understanding

Was d flogging not enough?
Why the complaint?
His sister said he knows what he did is wrong Abi? What if he placed the order for the flogging?

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2020
Righteousness89 has spoken.

End of thread!
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by punisha: 8:21pm On Aug 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be"

Seriously ur beginning to sound like a broken record.
Even the Bible recorded a story of woman Jesus saved from being stoned to death. Meaning mass punishment though should be looked into, has been in existence for long.

Now what d heck has it got to do with the Antichrist?
How is this a taste of what to come?
You know u must not comment on all threads Abi?
Pls, keep it apt like u have always done and don't ruin what u got going on.
I no dey go church, but seeing ur posts helps.
Don't make us start questioning ur sanity.

4 Likes

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by Unnerve: 8:25pm On Aug 20, 2020
So what's the outrage for? Is it because he's British? cheesy

Obey the laws of the land you reside, simple. Perhaps this will teach others a lesson.

Flog that nyansh...

5 Likes

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by Mayhem999: 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
punisha:

Even the Bible recorded a story of woman Jesus saved from being stoned to death. Meaning mass punishment though should be looked into, has been in existence for long.

grin grin
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by donjazet(m): 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

You are not normal.

You are now making a mockery of the Bible which you hold dear and you are too stupid to see this.
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by emmnprince(m): 9:43pm On Aug 20, 2020
Obey the laws of the land wherever you find yourself in order to escape punishment of any kind. As simple as ABC!

He is lucky that the escaped the death sentence.

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by emmnprince(m): 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
Righteousness89:

[s]The Toture , Sufferings and Pains that will be Unleashed here on Earth by the antichrist and his agents on those who Will Be Unfortunate to Miss the Rapture will be More Terrible![/s]

I disagree!
All happenings in the world today shouldn't be related to the coming of the antichrist and event that will happen on earth in the near future. These are unfounded theories and has no Scriptural backings.
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by tomdon(m): 1:53am On Aug 22, 2020
20 years for selling Igbo. These people are mean

1 Like

Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by 2shure: 8:03am On Aug 22, 2020
Dogs na truly mans best friend. See as that dog dey wa8 the ice cream wey he hold for hand.
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by Thomthom(m): 8:55am On Aug 22, 2020
punisha:

I understood righteousness 89 perfectly. read what he wrote by linking the event with the end time you will understand him
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by Steady259(m): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2020
Serves him right
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by iamyemiakins(m): 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
Righteousness89 has spoken...

End of thread!
Re: Outrage As Brit, 31, Is Flogged Naked In Singapore Jail For Drug Dealings (Pics) by Missyajoke(f): 9:37pm On Aug 22, 2020
I still take my stand that's tribulation comes before rapture and not the other way round.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: A Yabatech Student Was Killed By Suspected Cultists (VIDEO) / Photo: The Nigerian Couple Arrested With Human Parts / Nigerian Woman Carrying Cocaine Meets Her Waterloo In Turkey.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.