Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities (69044 Views)

Two Nigerian Universities Break Into Africa's Top 10 / Uk Universities Continue Strike As More Universities Join (photos) / N5000 For Sex With Students Of FGGC Langtang Plateau: Security Guards Connection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by chukasson(m): 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
see as all of dem soft.....oyibo weather good jor
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by sulaak(m): 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
GTkester:
Mehn, Nigeria, weve got a long way. So Nigerians getting admitted into Warwick, Cambridge, univs is now what a whole country will be celebrating, Even when none of our universities are in the top 1000 globally.

Chai, we can do better.

Build the human capacity even If you can't build the institutions.

Those young Nigerians will contribute to Nigeria intellectual pool and one day will return to take over the country.

Institutions are more than brick and mortar.
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by Gabkosh: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
candidtalk:

You're just a bitter, hateful and tribalistic IPOBian hack. All your posts are nothing but attempts to denigrate "Afonja".

This is essentially the problem of most Igbos. You have been brainwashed from infancy to believe you are superior to all other black people and Africans. It shows in the ways you casually insult your fellow Nigerians and even other Africans as lazy, unambitious, unintelligent etc, etc.

Yorubas alone always bust your egocentric and megalomiac bubble and best you at everything. Be it Wole Soyinka Nobel Laureate, Tiwa Savage being the most dominant female African pop Musician in modern history or Tinubu's universal acclaim as the most accomplished political brain in Nigeria today. This is why you hate them. It is why you hate Tinubu and all dominant Yorubas.

If you know the UK, and especially London, you will know that what the Yoruba head teacher and Nigerian students are achieving at that Scbool is nothing less than extraordinary. Trust Igbos to always hate on the success and talent of others though rather than celebrate, praise or learn from it.

GBAM, you have said the real truth and exposed the source of his pain and bitterness.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by oluwaahmed: 4:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
Is it a bad thing to see name like Haruna mustapha; adamu funtua; Abdulaziz shekarau?
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by sulaak(m): 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
GTkester:
But on a more serious note, taking a second look at this list and reminiscing on the history of Nigeria made me sad for some few moments.

To be honest, the afonjazees have messed up Nigeria. So when it comes to hardwork, diligence, knowledge and almost every other important positive HDIs' the Igbos and Yorubas are almost always on the top. But instead of the yorubas to merge together and develop a unified vision or mission with the Igbos in Nigeria, they chose to sabotage the Igbos and at the same time play a second fiddle to the fulanis whom they are in every way better than.

What yorubas Muslims have done to the great Yoruba nation is honestly unpardonable!!

You need to read your history.

Ndigbo should also realise that in spite of his legendary status Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was largely responsible, directly and indirectly, for the plight of Ndigbo from 1960 to date. Let me allow Mazi Chidolue to speak for himself.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/zik-is-the-trouble-with-nigeria-1/

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/zik-is-the-trouble-with-nigeria-1/
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by anungangampu: 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
strangest:
the yoroubas and Igbos are stupid.... they are only good in representing the country outside but allow almajiri to rule them.... they are busy fighting each other.... No almajiri made that list

Strange thing... When they come together, all they do is fight.. And one of them goes out to take all the benefit.

Seun should help but the profit from viewers trooping in here just to get a taste of ethnic and tribal trends going in here cant allow him think.

This tread is meant to unify but you call see the bloodbath at the first page and 2nd page, The mods won't delete it..

Bright mind would want to see the tread and end up festered with tribal sentiment..

It's evil.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by mofedamijo(m): 4:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
kikero:

We can do better when we are ready to pay the kind of fees Warwick and Cambridge students pay.

A former VC of a university in Nigeria, when he was still in office, gave a speech 2 years ago whose topic was 'University funding'. Among the things he said was this gem...'If you want Cambridge level degrees, better be prepared to pay Cambridge level fees' . The guy also commented that his university (ABU Zaria to be precise) had overhead costs of N50million monthly, yet the government gave them N10 million monthly for overhead.

Everyday, on this site, I keep on seeing people blasting our unviersites for not being in the top 1000 or top 100 globally. Well, with most of them on fees less than $200 a year, and an educaiton budget less than $3 billion (when Harvard has a budget of 48 billion.)..and the aforementioned Cambridge chages over 8000 pounds for international students and uk students (Warwick the same thing)...what do you expect??

You are expecting a 9000 pound level performace from a sum less than 200 pounds. That's not possible.

If you want world class unviersites, either we pay higher fees, or we raise our tax to gdp ratio from 6% to 28% or higher, or we take another loan. Or we cut fuel subsides and redirect the money saved to universites.

I must really commend you for your patience to teach stark illiterates. We keep blaming Nigerian Universities. A particular guy went oversea and was blaming the whole country here on Nairaland, I called his attention to the fact that isn't the same Nigerians who graduate from here, gets to the U.K and U.S and become best graduating students. I know of over 25 Nigerian Doctors in Maryland, U.S.A alone and they all graduated from Nigeria. They are blaming Nigerian scientist for not doing anything about Covid-19 vaccine. The question is, where is the research funding? Someone who pays $200 for tuition in 2020 but wants the university to build a research institute or even build an aeroplane, with what are they going to build that, your $200 is not even up to ordinary acceptance fees in some U.S universities, just acceptance fees not the tuition fee.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by Sydney1995(m): 4:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
Guy just shut ur mouth u know nobody from ICL or Durham

madridsta007:

Then it is pathetic that you use such uncouth language.
That is certainly not representative of the Imperial and Durham students that I know.

NB: It is a bit unwise putting your ID card on a public forum. There are no tangible benefits you get from winning or loosing an argument on a public forum. Trust me, no tangible benefits.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by seguno2: 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
Kennyswag:
lol.. useless and godforsaken igbo tribe in pains over this thread.. No wonder ghanaians are dealing with your hairy asses in their country grin grin
Cursed people with no history grin grin grin grin

Are you also blind, or what is your problem

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by seguno2: 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2020
GTkester:
Mehn, Nigeria, weve got a long way. So Nigerians getting admitted into Warwick, Cambridge, univs is now what a whole country will be celebrating, Even when none of our universities are in the top 1000 globally.

Chai, we can do better.

Better oil dey inside your head bros.
Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by RealMillennial(m): 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2020
scholes0:
Friends, Esther Oloyede, Ebunoluwa Adebanjo and Venus are all off to top league UK schools.

[img]http:///65535/50253973746_135067313f_c.jpg[/img]

Did Cardi B's younger sister join this photo by mistake?

Oh boy, this blacky for middle set well o. Lemme find their social handles fes. grin
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by chinchum(m): 4:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
Sydney1995:
Guy shut ur mouth and stop generalising. I went to Durham for my BSc and currently rounding up my MSc at imperial and I am igbo!!!

I doubt your claim !. No need for tribal bigotry. As for the boldened, It is "rounding off".
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by Illusioneffect(m): 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2020
GTkester:
^^^^,

First, you should be ashamed that a list with 10 students, has the first and second students all Igbos and no other tribe. That shows respect!!.

Second, you've shown the notoriety attached with your lying people, which is that you guys are good at spinning. That list has only 3 yorubas (non tied) in it, and I'm sure if JAMB was to release their first 100 students, Igbos again will be topping the chart undisputably.

Lastly, you've also exposed your half baked knowledge which is also notorious with your people. There's not a single data any where in the world that has a list of all the igbos and Yorubas students in foreign universities - except a list conjured up from your sorry ass. So how you were able to compare the number of Yoruba vs Igbo students is at best comical. But I'm not surprise, because you guys are just dumb liars.
who is dis tribalistic somebori?
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by tee4naija(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2020
Thank God the examination was not conducted by NECO or JAMB,quota system would have denied these brilliant children their rightful positions.
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by Azurevermillion: 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
GTkester:
But on a more serious note, taking a second look at this list and reminiscing on the history of Nigeria made me sad for some few moments.

To be honest, the afonjazees have messed up Nigeria. So when it comes to hardwork, diligence, knowledge and almost every other important positive HDIs' the Igbos and Yorubas are almost always on the top. But instead of the yorubas to merge together and develop a unified vision or mission with the Igbos in Nigeria, they chose to sabotage the Igbos and at the same time play a second fiddle to the fulanis whom they are in every way better than.

What yorubas Muslims have done to the great Yoruba nation is honestly unpardonable!!
After all your sermon it finally rest upon the topic RELIGION. Your stupidity pass me...
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by RealMillennial(m): 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
chinchum:
I doubt your claim !. No need for tribal bigotry. As for the boldened, It is "rounding off".

Is only in Nigeria where Nigerians at home that speak better grammar than Nigerians in the abroad grin cheesy
....and with impetus grin

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by frog12: 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
these DULLARDS !!!!
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by Focusmind: 4:34pm On Aug 22, 2020
A public state school yet its facilities and neatness can beat the best of our private school here. Our standards are terribly low in this country.

Secondly, hard work pays a lot. Some kids from rich homes with private tutor couldn't get admission even in some low level universities. I saw a case in US where a celebrity had to bribe her way to get her two daughters admitted into the University of Southern California. The thing busted and the parents have been sentenced to 5months in prison.

If you are wealthy, please teach your kids the culture of hard work from inception. Don't wait till they get old as it would be difficult at that time. It is always painful seeing kids from poor background securing admission to top schools while your kids with all the support system you provided him struggles to even enter local colleges. grin
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by frog12: 4:36pm On Aug 22, 2020
no be for EAST LONDON dem dey kill people anyhow?
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by chinchum(m): 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
RealMillennial:

Is only in Nigeria where Nigerians at home that speak better grammar than Nigerians in the abroad grin cheesy
....and with impetus grin
I am not understanding you.
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by frog12: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2020
you dey say the principal dey give them cheatsheet?

opribo:
It looks like a 'parapò' school. So because principal is you know he has to do it their way.

By the time the owners of the educational system beam their searchlilght on the school now a new story will emerge. The people just can't change. They are now exporting their 'tiwa n tiwa' mentality.
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by TheLasyBuddha: 4:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
LegendHero:
Work hard in silence.

Let success be your noise!

I am proud of you guys coz this is no small feat!

I wish people knew this.
Don't come on social media to announce your success. Let your works tell you to the world.

Also, we may not have had the opportunity to achieve such remarkable feats in our lives, but we have a chance to ensure our children get to be the best.

I no reach here, but my children go reach and pass here.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by frog12: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2020
now that we know you studied in those schools. what are your achievements so far?
durham is a no name school. imperial maybe. But what solutions do you have in mind to help nigeria?

Sydney1995:
Maybe u can now eat your words. I will say again I am Nigerian than I am British and most of those students whom I am fortunate to know through LinkedIn connection will probably say same.
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by Litmus: 4:54pm On Aug 22, 2020
How I wish every one of us, uncomfortable or sick and tired of the old-gagoo’s ruining every potentially fabulous and life-affirming thread such as this one with tribalism, would just leave soon as we see such remarks. I wonder how long Mods would tolerate the offensive diatribes.
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by madridsta007(m): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2020
Sydney1995:
Guy just shut ur mouth u know nobody from ICL or Durham

Again, pathetic, uncouth response.
Privately, I am sure, you must be ashamed of your response.
But go on anyway.
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by stokfrick: 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2020
HMM, SEE AS THEM TAKE TURN THE THREAD INTO TRIBALISM. U GUYS NEVER DISAPPOINT.
NO MATTER HOW DISCONNECTED THE TOPIC IS FROM TRIBALISM THEY MUST LOOK FOR A WAY TO TURN THE INNOCENT THREAD TOWARDS THAT DIRECTION.

NO PROBS! DONT GET TIRED OH!
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by Jdesilentkiller(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
My problem is no Nigerian ever got PhD at a very young age and I haven't heard our people studying nuclear physics, quantum mechanics or Neurological science despite the brilliant minds we keep hearing. Correct me if I am wrong please
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by earnit5: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
Ok
Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by LegendHero(m): 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2020
RealMillennial:

Did Cardi B's younger sister join this photo by mistake?

Oh boy, this blacky for middle set well o. Lemme find their social handles fes. grin

You’re right. That babe on the left side look exactly like Cardi B.

I leave the middle one to you, let me spend my $$ on the Cardi B babe.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
GTkester:

Oga what do you mean by Yoruba Muslims.No matter the religion weYoruba see our selves as one and it will always remain that way.

1 Like

Re: 20 Nigerian Students Of Brampton Manor Academy Break Into Best UK Universities by LegendHero(m): 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
Jdesilentkiller:
My problem is no Nigerian ever got PhD at a very young age and I haven't heard our people studying nuclear physics, quantum mechanics or Neurological science despite the brilliant minds we keep hearing. Correct me if I am wrong please

You might want to see this list.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legit.ng/amp/609118-meet-nigerias-5-youngest-ph-d-holders-oldest-26.html

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

List Of JAMB Cut-Off Marks For All Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges / History: When Black Men Ruled The World / U.I Student Who Channeled Sango While Contesting For Mr U.I, Gets Burnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.