Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? (1792 Views)

This Nearly Broke My Marriage | The First Year Of Marriage Is Truly The Hardest / An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) / Marriage The School Of Thought (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by area74: 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2020
During my NYSC, I met a very beautiful Igbo lady and we were flowing very well as friends. I was very happy and eventually asked her out but she declined and got me worried with so much disappointment till we passed out. We both moved to our different states Lagos and Anambra.

We are both married now but she revealed to me after many years that she didn't accept my proposal then because she knew there would be no future in the relationship. It would be practically impossible for her parents to accept me being a yoruba man and a Muslim.

Watching this movie on Netflix : Meet The In-laws got me laughing and reminisce on who would have been my wife today.

Truly, I still don't understand why there is always this unspoken tension between the yorubas and igbos almost in all fronts. The 2 tribes are not perfect yet we both have some outstanding qualities that if well utilized, we can achieve so much in our country.

My employer is an Igbo man but a pan Nigerian. He wants you on board as long as you can deliver irrespective of where you come from. We have a lot of yoruba professionals and other tribes in our company and it is the main reason we are so distinctive in every sectors that we are operating in.

Therefore, I think if the 2 tribes can blend very well via marriages. We will be having generations of intelligent, sophisticated, innovative, industrious and entrepreneurial kids that will greatly develop this country.

What is your opinion?

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by MMWandali: 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2020
Any tribe can blend with Love n understanding
combined with GOD
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by helinues: 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2020
Tribe, religion do not really matter as long as one found the right partner..

Lucky you op

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Maneq: 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2020
The marriage will work until she realises she cant cook your pepperish stew and you cant name your first son Emeka
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by HomerTimpson: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2020
She would have considered if you were to be a christian

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2020
One sensible thread I've read so far. kiss
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by techmo(m): 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2020
cool

Mscheew this is 2020 inter tribal marriages are so rampant, my friend married an Akwa Ibom lady as a Yoruba man about 2 years ago and I have never seen that level of hospitality before, the people where nice , cultured and down to earth that I fancied Akwa Ibomites, same with an Arewa lady (Zaria) with another Yoruba friend, same as Ebonyi and Imo State

Make Anambra parents dey form Marginalisation untop marriage, Na dem sabi their issues

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by helinues: 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
Maneq:
The marriage will work until she realises she cant cook your pepperish stew and you cant name your first son Emeka

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by dangermouse(m): 7:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
Bro, kudos to u. Yorubas and igbos are the two tribes the powers that be dont ever want to be united for obvious reasons. Divide and rule. The two tribe has so much to gain united.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Maychel(m): 7:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
My course mate married an Igbo man and she's a Yoruba girl. These tribes have a lot to gain if they should unite and intermarry
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Vyzz: 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2020
We are all AMAKA
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by spiralwedge(m): 8:10pm On Aug 22, 2020
Area74, Only Anambra and Ekiti/Ondo has that problem in the whole of Nigeria.

Ogun and Ebonyi (and maybe Kwara) are the most liberal.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2020
No do o.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Probz(m): 5:49pm On Oct 06, 2021
spiralwedge:

Smh

No offence intended (assuming you’re from Ebonyi State).

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by MufasaLion: 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2021
My love for Igbo women is immeasurable. tongue
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Probz(m): 5:58pm On Oct 06, 2021
MufasaLion:
My love for Igbo women is immeasurable. tongue

Good on you, dude. Just stay away from the undesirables (Owere girls are on that table as well) and you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by MufasaLion: 6:01pm On Oct 06, 2021
Probz:

Good on you, dude. Just stay away from the undesirables (Owere girls are on that table as well) and you’ll be fine.

Lol

All tribes have got the bad eggs. And moreover, we all as humans do base our sentiment on our experiences. What you find undesirable is much desirable to others.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by spiralwedge(m): 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
Probz:

No offence intended (assuming you’re from Ebonyi State).

No, I'm not.

I'm shaking my head at how shallow your comment is. How do you eat discriminating and looking down at other people simply because they are different from you?

I can't deal and avoid people like you. Smh

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Probz(m): 8:50pm On Oct 06, 2021
spiralwedge:

No, I'm not.

I'm shaking my head at how shallow your comment is. How do you eat discriminating and looking down at other people simply because they are different from you?

I can't deal and avoid people like you. Smh

It’s not just about Abakaliki people being different. It’s just that some differences aren’t good or conducive to marriage.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Probz(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2021
We can still love these people from a distance but hitching-up with one of them is not the one.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2021
area74:
During my NYSC, I met a very beautiful Igbo lady and we were flowing very well as friends. I was very happy and eventually asked her out but she declined and got me worried with so much disappointment till we passed out. We both moved to our different states Lagos and Anambra.

We are both married now but she revealed to me after many years that she didn't accept my proposal then because she knew there would be no future in the relationship. It would be practically impossible for her parents to accept me being a yoruba man and a Muslim.

Watching this movie on Netflix : Meet The In-laws got me laughing and reminisce on who would have been my wife today.

Truly, I still don't understand why there is always this unspoken tension between the yorubas and igbos almost in all fronts. The 2 tribes are not perfect yet we both have some outstanding qualities that if well utilized, we can achieve so much in our country.

My employer is an Igbo man but a pan Nigerian. He wants you on board as long as you can deliver irrespective of where you come from. We have a lot of yoruba professionals and other tribes in our company and it is the main reason we are so distinctive in every sectors that we are operating in.

Therefore, I think if the 2 tribes can blend very well via marriages. We will be having generations of intelligent, sophisticated, innovative, industrious and entrepreneurial kids that will greatly develop this country.

What is your opinion?
Well, my brother I'm happy for this topic and I think this is the best thread on Nairaland aside business and investment sections.
Back to the topic, my brother let me be honest with u. This has being in an average Igbo and yoruba person, we hv observations on ourselves.
I was the first non yoruba to manage a particular high institution senior staff club here in yoruba land.
Initially it was tough bcs of their observations towards Igbos. Then we had some igbo customers, when they got to know that I'm an igbo manager, they all started coming every now and then and they will always tell me to watch my back bcs of their observations towards West.
U see these two tribes West and East, they are very good in every ramifications of life but that observations towards each other will never ever allow us to come together.
Let me Gist u a bit.
Their is a particular Yoruba woman that I used to patronise, so when I started patronising her, I started knowing her family. So like play like play I started getting used to her daughter. Meanwhile her daughter has a boyfriend which I even I know the very guy, yhe boyfriend is a Yoruba too. But do u know the irony of all this stuffs, the mama yoruba doesn't like the bobo, Infact she calls me my son, even if I wants to see her daughter in the night, mama yoruba would even tell the daughter that I'm here to see but the yoruba boyfriend, mama doesn't like the yoruba bobo.
That's it.
U see I have worked and mingled with every tribes in Nigeria. Do u know that my hommies are all Yoruba. Even my boss is a Yoruba and that one is so Liberal but has his own observations too.
This is in an average West and East.
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by brownemmanuel43(m): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2021
Probz:

Sorry to ask u, which of the Owerri girls? Let me see if u truly know Owerri at all

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Klass99(f): 7:53am On Oct 07, 2021
smiley

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by NoToPile: 9:51am On Oct 07, 2021
Klass99:
cheesy

@ Area74, I think you're right and I agree.

I also think it works better if the husband is Yoruba and the wife Igbo than the other way round.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Klass99(f): 10:00am On Oct 07, 2021
smiley
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Probz(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

Sorry to ask u, which of the Owerri girls? Let me see if u truly know Owerri at all

All of them.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by brownemmanuel43(m): 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2021
Probz:

All of them.
That means u don't know much about Owerri and beside u are not from Imo State.
3 zones in Imo, Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe
And if u come to Owerri u still have to differentiate it. Their is Owerri Nchi Ise and other places.
Do u know that Mbaise is under Owerri? Ngor Okpala, if u want to be specify u mention a particular area.
Was it not in the other thread that one idiot has shouting igbos this igbos that, but by the time I gave him details of what he doesn't know, he became queit.
Mind u I'm not an Owerri guy but I like being objective
Re: Yoruba Vs Igbo Marriage: The Best? by Probz(m): 1:27pm On Oct 07, 2021
brownemmanuel43:

That means u don't know much about Owerri and beside u are not from Imo State.
3 zones in Imo, Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe
And if u come to Owerri u still have to differentiate it. Their is Owerri Nchi Ise and other places.
Do u know that Mbaise is under Owerri? Ngor Okpala, if u want to be specify u mention a particular area.
Was it not in the other thread that one idiot has shouting igbos this igbos that, but by the time I gave him details of what he doesn't know, he became queit.
Mind u I'm not an Owerri guy but I like being objective

I’m not a lone wolf in that my assertion and you know that very well.

It’s subjective, idealistic political correctness that will have you believe (at least on the face of it) that we’re all exactly alike and that each respective ethnic/tribal grouping has the same amount of good and bad people alike. Objectivity, on the other hand, will open your eyes to the maladaptive vices of most Imo state people in general and how the females no be good marriage material cha-cha.

The majority of Owere girls fall into prostitution almost by necessity. That’s a hard fact no matter how you spin it, no matter how non-biased and politically-correct you want to appear. Objectivity doesn’t always mean being neutral. Sometimes it means realistically entertaining strong opinions about one side because in reality not everything’s neutral and middle-ground.

The majority of typical Owere na Mbaise people are demons and the females (from the Owere axis at least) tend to be arrant whores. That’s a fact.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Husband / Every Street Has This Man / Are Married Women Allowed To Catwalk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.