Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,394 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend (716 Views)

Things You Should Not Do When You Visit A New Church You Don't Know About / Salvation Is Free / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Missyajoke(f): 8:22pm On Aug 22, 2020
Good evening everyone have being prompted by the Holy spirit to deliver this message to people. The title of my message is " True salvation is in Christ not in the church you attend".

Salvation is deliverance from sin and its consequences, believed by Christians to be brought about by faith in Christ. The church you attend won't take you to heaven but your relationship with Christ. Am not here to condemn any church but if your foundation in Christ is faulty you may not make heaven. The church you attend is not a ticket for you to make heaven, Christ recognizes the true church. You may attend MFM, RCCG, Depper life and co and go to hell if you yourself don't encounter Christ. Stop the discrimination we are the same in the body of Christ. The bible says " Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" . the bible says all should come not some not little. The bible says " For God so loved the word that he gave his only begotten son that whoever believer in him shall not perish but have an everlasting life. Let's love our brethren even though we're not of the same congregation.
The day I changed my perception about churches was the day I attended a cele program back in school and I felt the presence of God in the event. The presence of The Lord can appear anywhere once you call on him he'll answer. Some don't even understand what christianity is about henceforth let's preach love, gospel and let's stop the hate. Remember we're one body in Christ and Christ is the Head if the church. You have to know Christ loves you not because of your race or gender but that he died for you and for me. Most people are only religious with 0% relationship in Christ, some go to churches on Sunday basically because of the sister or brother that'll sing. My brothers and sisters forget about the church and embrace Christ. You may go to church 24/7 and land in hell. Remember you can't deceive Christ you can only deceive yourself. Heaven is not a child's play your Good acts won't take you there but your relationship with Christ.

Ejowo eh fi aiye yin fun Jesu ( Please give your life to Christ while there's still time ).

Let's sing this song:

I have decided to follow Jesus;
No turning back, no turning back.

To accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour say this after me " Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by SpecTTraP: 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2020
True

1 Like

Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by AntiChristian: 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2020
Is there any where in the Bible Jesus told anyone to accept him as his personal Lord and savior before or after his purported death and resurection?

1 Like

Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Nobody: 11:41pm On Aug 22, 2020
Truthful write ups. Jesus Christ is our salvation.

But He said "upon this rock I'll build my Church."

The Spirit of God is the rock of ages, and upon the rock Christ built His Church. The Spirit of God is the foundation and seal of His Church, hence the word "pentecost or apostolic pentecostalism."

Jesus, upon given them His teachings and commandments, He told them to wait in Jerusalem till the Spirit of God comes upon them because "without Him, the church can do nothing."

Therefore, Jesus' illustration and direction pointed that there will be false churches not planted by God. He said "those that are ever come before me are thieves and robbers," Likewise those that came after Him. RELIGIOUS AND TRADITIONAL CHURCHES DIRECTED BY HUMAN DOCTRINE UNDER THE GUISE OF CHRIST ARE ALSO THE THIEVES AND ROBBERS.

Of course, there are false ministers under the guise of pentecostalism, reason He said beware of false prophet but it doesn't disannul God's redemptive promise & plan by His Spirit.

Beware of foul church..
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Missyajoke(f): 9:11am On Aug 23, 2020
AntiChristian:
Is there any where in the Bible Jesus told anyone to accept him as his personal Lord and savior before or after his purported death and resurection?

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by sonmvayina(m): 9:14am On Aug 23, 2020
Salvation from what exactly??.. Why do people feel the need for a Saviour outside of them selves... Still beats my imaginations..

Somebody should educate me..
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Missyajoke(f): 9:15am On Aug 23, 2020
Wolgrace:
Truthful write ups. Jesus Christ is our salvation.

But He said "upon this rock I'll build my Church."

The Spirit of God is the rock of ages, and upon the rock Christ built His Church. The Spirit of God is the foundation and seal of His Church, hence the word "pentecost or apostolic pentecostalism."

Jesus, upon given them His teachings and commandments, He told them to wait in Jerusalem till the Spirit of God comes upon them because "without Him, the church can do nothing."

Therefore, Jesus' illustration and direction pointed that there will be false churches not planted by God. He said "those that are ever come before me are thieves and robbers," Likewise those that came after Him. RELIGIOUS AND TRADITIONAL CHURCHES DIRECTED BY HUMAN DOCTRINE UNDER THE GUISE OF CHRIST ARE ALSO THE THIEVES AND ROBBERS.

Of course, there are false ministers under the guise of pentecostalism, reason He said beware of false prophet but it doesn't disannul God's redemptive promise & plan by His Spirit.

Beware of foul church..

You're right
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Idowster(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2020
Missyajoke:

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
yes
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by sonmvayina(m): 9:23am On Aug 23, 2020
Missyajoke:

He is asking you a question you are quoting something different
. Being born again means to start all over.. It has got nothing to do with Jesus or his life or death..

A contrite hearth you will not spurn.. If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and confess their sins and forsake their evil ways, I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land".. 2nd chronicle 7:14..
Repent and turn a new leaf, God will forgive..
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by CAPSLOCKED: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

NO. CREATORS OF CHRISTIANITY INVENTED ALL THESE DOCTRINES AND THREATS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Idowster(m): 9:28am On Aug 23, 2020
missyajoke God bless you if u dont baptize and become born again u cant see the kingdom of god going to church will only enhance ur salvation
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2020
Deception!

It's in the church you attend first before you can now start working with God in person. Because you must learn the truth from true Christian, dedicate your life to God and get baptized {Matthew 28:19-20; Act 8:34-39} join other Christians for preaching and teaching as Jesus commanded {Matthew 10:3-15} continuous association with them for interchange of encouragement! Hebrew 10:24-25

If you're not associating with the true followers of Christ it's not possible you participate in all of these, so your church really really really matters! smiley
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Missyajoke(f): 10:41am On Aug 23, 2020
Maximus69:
Deception!

It's in the church you attend first before you can now start working with God in person. Because you must learn the truth from true Christian, dedicate your life to God and get baptized {Matthew 28:19-20; Act 8:34-39} join other Christians for preaching and teaching as Jesus commanded {Matthew 10:3-15} continuous association with them for interchange of encouragement! Hebrew 10:24-25

If you're not associating with the true followers of Christ it's not possible you participate in all of these, so your church really really really matters! smiley

It's not deception, if you attend a church without having a relationship with Christ such a person is wasting his/ her time. So what you mean is that salvation is in the church you attend.
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Idowster(m): 10:44am On Aug 23, 2020
Maximus69:
Deception!

u are rite but what she is saying is that the church u go does nt mean u will make heaven she is nt saying we should nt go to church
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by AntiChristian: 10:58am On Aug 23, 2020
Missyajoke:

What's the context of this verse you quoted?

So does being born again the same as accepting Jesus as Lord and savior?

How many people did Jesus tell to accept him as Lord and savior?
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Idowster(m): 11:11am On Aug 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

it is the same jesus said i am the way the truth and the life noone can get to the father but by me
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by AntiChristian: 11:34am On Aug 23, 2020
Idowster:
it is the same jesus said i am the way the truth and the life noone can get to the father but by me

Where is the proof? Moses was the way for his people too just as Noah!
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Idowster(m): 11:38am On Aug 23, 2020
AntiChristian:

Where is the proof? Moses was the way for his people too just as Noah!
read ur bible who told noah to build the ark who made manna and quail rain down from heaven any scientific explanation
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2020
Missyajoke:

It's not deception, if you attend a church without having a relationship with Christ such a person is wasting his/ her time. So what you mean is that salvation is in the church you attend.

It's not all the so called Churches that preaches, teaches and/or practice all the aforementioned {Matthew 7:21} so no matter your good deeds if you're not with the right group salvation is unattainable! Psalms 1:1 smiley
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2020
Idowster:
u are rite but what she is saying is that the church u go does nt mean u will make heaven she is nt saying we should nt go to church
That's my point!
Most people now thinks because there is atrocities going on in almost all religions so it's OK for them to worship God in isolation. So all those with such mindset will never enter God's Kingdom because Jesus said "narrow and cramped is the road that leads to life and few are those finding it" Matthew 7:14
This means one needs to FIND out which of all these so called Churches belongs to Christ, of course Jesus Christ is one so the true Christian group must be one out of all these different religions claiming Christians, so it can't be two but just one! smiley
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by Idowster(m): 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2020
Maximus69:

That's my point!
Most people now thinks because there is atrocities going on in almost all religions so it's OK for them to worship God in isolation. So all those with such mindset will never enter God's Kingdom because Jesus said "narrow and cramped is the road that leads to life and few are those finding it" Matthew 7:14
This means one needs to FIND out which of all these so called Churches belongs to Christ, of course Jesus Christ is one so the true Christian group must be one out of all these different religions claiming Christians, so it can't be two but just one! smiley
i agree with you sir
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by AntiChristian: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Idowster:
read ur bible who told noah to build the ark who made manna and quail rain down from heaven any scientific explanation

God did not Jesus! If you have proofs kindly bring them!
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by davidinchrist(m): 12:28am On Aug 24, 2020
AntiChristian:

Hello there, I'm not here to argue with anyone, but do you know David called Jesus Lord: God, even in the OLD testament? (Initially in Psalm 110:1)

Jesus quoted that in the new testament:

Matt.22.42 - saying, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?" They said to Him, "The Son of David."

Matt.22.43 - Jesus responded, "Then why does David, speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, call him (Jesus himself, according to the context) Lord? For David said,

Matt.22.44 - 'The LORD (the Father) said to my Lord (the Son Jesus), Sit in honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies (of the Cross) beneath your feet.'

Now to your question, each time Jesus said FOLLOW ME, it meant surrender ALL to me; in other words, accept me as your Lord and Master.

Talking to his disciples, Jesus said:

John.13.14 - If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.

Finally:

Matt.16.24 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If ANYONE desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and FOLLOW ME.

Hence, being Born Again = FOLLOW ME (Jesus as Lord).

God gives the humble light, but resists the Proud.

Goodbye.
Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by AntiChristian: 6:34am On Aug 24, 2020
davidinchrist:

Hello there, I'm not here to argue with anyone, but do you know David called Jesus Lord: God, even in the OLD testament? (Initially in Psalm 110:1)

Jesus quoted that in the new testament:

Matt.22.42 - saying, "What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?" They said to Him, "The Son of David."

Matt.22.43 - Jesus responded, "Then why does David, speaking under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, call him (Jesus himself, according to the context) Lord? For David said,

Matt.22.44 - 'The LORD (the Father) said to my Lord (the Son Jesus), Sit in honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies (of the Cross) beneath your feet.'

Now to your question, each time Jesus said FOLLOW ME, it meant surrender ALL to me; in other words, accept me as your Lord and Master.

Talking to his disciples, Jesus said:

John.13.14 - If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.

Finally:

Matt.16.24 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If ANYONE desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and FOLLOW ME.

Hence, being Born Again = FOLLOW ME (Jesus as Lord).

God gives the humble light, but resists the Proud.

Goodbye.

Actually what you translated as Lord could as well be lord. And no where did David mention Jesus in the OT.

Being a lord has nothing attached as we have lords in court and as title eg lord lugard!

All Prophets told their people to follow them. Moses, Noah, etc. Whoever follows them get saved.

In the end which Jesus' enemies was humbled beneath his feet? He was chased by evil king at birth and protected by his mother and foster father.
He was later killed by the his enemies!

Goodbye

1 Like

Re: True Salvation Is In Christ Not In The Church You Attend by MFMRevivalist: 7:26am On Aug 24, 2020
Let's always try to balance everything. Yes, all of us are one body regardless of the churches. But here's the thing, you can not claim to have true salvation and not be associated with the church . It is not going to church that makes a person to make heaven, but practicing what is being preached there.

Let's be truthful here: you need a lot of "churchings" to grow in Christ. It is not all the bible verses you read on your own that you'd understand. And it is not all the messages you'd get from God in your closet that can be decoded by you alone.

Fortunately, I encountered Christ in the church; through one of her services.

Also, before I could understand what personal salvation experience meant or what it meant to have a personal relationship with God, I had to listen to alot of sermons, ask alot of questions in bible studies and Sunday schools classes, get mentored by both Pastors and some spiritual brethren, read Christian books and use gospel materials by "church" folks, etc. Which I still do.

You see, when you get born again, you become a babe in the spirit. And a baby needs nursing. So you'd surely need the church.

I quite understand your point ma. But for the sake of the new believers and the non-believers
Who may begin to think that they don't need the church, need to join a church, or go to church, by not clearly understanding a post as this, let's balance everything.

Don't forget-- It's not about the building, or even the pastor. But all of us as a body, in spirit and in truth, that makes the church.

I am a product of Christ salvation accessed from the church. And as well groomed and mentored by the Holy spirit through the help of the church and her materials.

Just as there are fake products and the original ones, so there is in everything. However, we shouldn't use them to determine or generalize the rest.

We have different worship centers in the Christendom today (e.g mfm, rccg, winners) because people have different problems which requires different solutions. Also, everyone has his or her own prophet (a topic for another day).

We all need each other. One tree can not make a forest. Church is not the building, but you and I. No one can do it alone, including genuine salvation experience. It is people God uses for people.

PromoteTheChurch.

Shalom.

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Of Jesus Christ Crucified Overcomes The Punishment Our Sin Deserves / You Get The Religion And Manifestation Of God You Have Paid For! / The Secret Pact Between Blacks And Jews

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.