Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:03 AM

Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria (57928 Views)

Ganduje Inspects Two Mega Projects To Be Commissioned By Buhari Tomorrow / Senator Dino Melaye's Convoy Blocked While Commissioning Projects In Kogi (Photo / Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by seguno2: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
Nostradamus:
My concern is with these heavy projects,civil engineering should have been an enormously lucrative course for Nigerian students,but it seems the reverse is the case.

Why do we still have unemployed civil engineering graduates?

Because the heavy projects don’t exist beyond the propaganda of integrity by APC and Buhari.
Got it

1 Like

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by ehinmowo: 12:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
EXOUSIAng:

Really you had to bring China into this?
Do you have any idea how powerful the Chinese empire was and where was Nigeria back then
China was able to pick up faster and close of their thousands of years of experience....
Till today we still read up on Chinese emperor and learn from their actions thousands of years back.... Do you really feel we have that experience....
You wanna talk about the middle east really.... The same guys that bought Joseph in the Bible?
Come on na, this guys don tey for this business of nation building....
Obviously, you didn't read my response.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Tokenism: 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Rossikk:
Nigeria holds the largest number of projects in West Africa with 21 projects (28%), valued at US$54.2bn. This is according to the Africa Construction Trends publication. Here are the largest construction projects in Nigeria and their value.

Lagos - Calabar Coastal Railway - US $11bn

1,400-kilometres long and at the cost of US $11bn, the Lagos-Calabar railway is one of Africa’s most ambitious projects. The rail project will link Lagos in the west to Calabar in the east, while also connecting the cities of Port Harcourt, Uyo, and Aba along the way. Once completed, this transportation network will significantly enhance the movement of goods and services across the region.

Eko Atlantic

Finally, Nigeria has its own smart city. This new coastal city is being built on Victoria Island adjacent to Lagos, Nigeria. It is a focal point for investors capitalizing on rich development growth based on massive demand – and it’s a gateway to emerging markets of the continent.

The proposed Eko Atlantic is expected to accommodate at least 250,000 residents of the city on the project completion. The Eko Atlantic project extending over 9 square kilometres and is also expected to have positive effects in restoring and protecting the state shoreline. At 7km and 40 metres wide, the islands’ walkway will be the longest in the world.

Lagos Light Rail US $1.12 – US $30bn

Lagos Light Rail is a light rail system, the first of its type in this region of Africa, is envisaged to eventually consist of seven lines (Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, Brown and Orange). The scheme is approximately 35-kilometre in length with an estimated ridership of a minimum of 500,000 passengers per day. 14 station locations are proposed.

The Blue Line is now being built by China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC) and will run 27.5 km from Marina to Okokomaiko, with 13 stations. Lagos State is financing construction of the Blue Line from its own resources.

World Trade Centre, Abuja - $1bn

The World Trade Centre project is a partnership between the FCT Administration and the First Continental Properties Limited, a subsidiary of Church-gate Investment Limited. This will be the first such centre in West Africa, joining 323 other locations in 89 countries worldwide in the WTC network.

The construction site sits on 6,102 hectares of land along the Constitution Avenue in the Central Business Area that is located at the centre of the city of Abuja. It will be a multi-use complex that will comprise of luxury high rise office towers, luxury residence apartments, conference facilities, shopping malls and entertainment facilities.

The first stage required to be building of two 24 storey towers, one commercial and one residential, which will be joined by future structures such as a 37 storey hotel and a shopping mall.

Lekki Free Trade Zone - $1.2bn

Lekki Free Trade Zone (Lekki FTZ) covers a total area of about 30 square kilometres with 27 square kilometres for urban construction purposes, which would hold a total of 120,000 residents. Approximately 50 kilometres from the city centre of Lagos, the economic capital of Nigeria, Lekki FTZ borders Lekki Lagoon in the north and faces the Atlantic in the south.

Lekki FTZ designed to integrate industries, commerce & business, real estate development, warehousing & logistics, tourism & entertainment etc. A considerable number of construction works will be carried out in the Commercial & Logistics Park, including the international commodities & trade centre, the international exhibition & conversation centre, industrial factories, office buildings, hotels and residential apartment buildings. The Commercial & Logistics Park on the long runs is expected to serve as the logistics and distribution centre of Chinese products in West Africa and represent a service demonstration base for the entire Lekki FTZ.

Abuja Gateway Airport

Rhe Abuja Gateway Airport has been designed to be a stunning solar powered gateway that will have the shape of the traditional Nigerian bow harp; the design connects the new Abuja Airport to the central area on the opposite side of the free-way and comes complete with green roofs, giant solar canopy and bricks made from local laterite clay.

Ehrlich Architect’s design symbolizes the weaving together of the country’s many different people. The sweeping gateway brings together the city of Abuja’s modern atmosphere with the cultural heritage of Nigeria as a whole. The plan features an amphitheatre and public space with a photovoltaic canopy to provide power and shade visitors from the sun. A green roof covers nearby buildings making them melt into the surrounding greenery.

Mambilla hydroelectric power project - $5.8bn

As Nigeria looks to boost its energy production to match the needs of its booming economy and population, the government has finally invested into making the Mambilla Hydroelectric Power Project a reality. The US $5.8bn project will connect to three dams across the Donga River in Taraba State, eventually generating a total installed capacity of 3,050MW of electricity.

https://constructionreviewonline.com/2020/03/top-ongoing-mega-projects-in-nigeria/

Thanks man. Please keep us updated. It motivates a lot
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by mostob(m): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
[/b]ok[/b]
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by adonaimart(m): 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
D second naija bridge, Lagos calabar rail line nko? Other projects mentioned are done by private citizens mind u
Kelvin30286063:
Projects everywhere yet Buhari is not working. Personally, I'll rate him 75/100. If only he didn't take all those loans then he would have gotten a 90.
Most of these projects are actually ongoing for real but the real question is, not many of them is happening in the east. Looks like that's why our eastern brothers want to separate.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Chimok: 12:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
non existent projects. Nigeria is bleeped up
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by favor914: 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
seguno2:

Because the heavy projects don’t exist beyond the propaganda of integrity by APC and Buhari.
Got it
At least some people now know that Lagos State is not Edo State, no even one small project? Obaseki only told them the truth, Edo state can never be Lagos State.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by favor914: 12:57pm On Aug 23, 2020
Chimok:
non existent projects. Nigeria is bleeped up
Talking like a poor man, People are getting paid over those jobs been executed, it is not overnight, it’s a gradual process, 3 years from now, you would be where was I when they were building all these?, you were in your little shack doubting.

I witnessed Tinubu & The Chaugoury’s take over Bar Beach Victoria Island & convert it into the so called Eko Atlantic of the future.

2 Likes

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by codemaniacs: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
zz
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by seguno2: 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
favor914:
At least some people now know that Lagos State is not Edo State, no even one small project? Obaseki only told them the truth, Edo state can never be Lagos State.

What is the budget and IGR of Lagos compared with Edo?
It is clear that Obaseki has done way better than the Tinubu proxies in Lagos in all sectors- human and physical capital development as well as services, utilities and maintenance of facilities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by IBHussaini(m): 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
And then again Mr President is no longer nepotic or sectional because all these projects are carried out in arewa... God Bless Mr President
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2020
So many project here and there

Pls kindly finish Lagos light rail project abeg and eko Atlantic City and lekki free trade zone first then I can believe the ready gonna come to pass

Again why do they think Abuja need two airport again

What happened to Nnamdi azikiwe airport can't they re upgrade it again and again
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Elxandre(m): 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2020
Left to me, most of the monies channeled towards these infrastructures should have been directed towards making electricity constant 24/7.
It has become disgraceful.

It would also help smaller businesses survive.
Are we trying to build a castle filled with poor people?
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by poweredcom(m): 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
larryking540:

exactly ,ask him bro

I keep on telling people , don't insult your country online mostly on social media , because it's an avenue for other countries to insult y back using your analysis even though they haven't been to Nigeria ,

i learnt it the hard way when I got to UAE,
every other Africa keep asking me ,why is there scam in your countries ,why do u ladies like prostitution,why is nigeria govt always looting ,and these people asking me these questions have not been to Nigeria before ,but they read the comments most of us say on our country face .

Las Las na we cast ourselves

Truly bro you said it ..we Nigerians are the ones washing our dirty linens in public.

But it's a face Nigeria babes sabi prostitution die I swear

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by kabaz(m): 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
FieldMarshall06:
Very good. We will get there.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by flexyrule(m): 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
Uchasa:

Thats the last words of an Ibibio/Annang loser
I can't forget when some foolish Ibibio dwarfs insulted me on this platform and Rivers people as a whole, they claimed we are living on past glory, and they have a lot of viable projects to their name, including Ibom deep sea port, they also emphasized on the fact that they prefer an Hausa/Fulani man to an average Ikwerre man, because we are cultists, wicked people, e.t.c. Now that things have turned the other way round, they have started playing victims.
Rivers and Akwa Ibom no be mates.
Our Projects speak for us, we don't believe in audio projects.
Una go wait for Ibom deep sea port tire, nothing go shele!!!!
God bless Onne Seaport!!!
God bless Ijaws, Ikwerres and other ethnic nationalities in Rivers State.
God bless our Igbo neighbours,Bini friends, Yoruba friends and other of our well wishers!!!
God bless Buhari for making our enemies ashamed!!!!
God bless the federal republic of Nigeria!!!
Let me understand you sir, you mean out of all the things in this world you can compare, it is the level of development between Rivers and Akwa Ibom state that is your major concern?

The problems we have as a country is overwhelming already, so this one you're creating is peculiar to "you and you" alone.
My own concern is how to give myself the best and also to provide for my family, then create an impact in my immediate environment and if possible, the world.

I don't reside in Akwa Ibom, neither do I live in Rivers state, as a matter of fact, I am far far far away from all the poverty and madness you're talking about.

That being said, I need to state clearly here - Your problem is monumental, and it will take both psychological, spiritual and mental intervention to save you from your current situation.
Enjoy your day sir.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:42pm On Aug 23, 2020
U09ce:
How many are ongoing? We say No to audio projects

God bless you..where is the Calabar -Lagod rail project?
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2020
All na wash
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Crispels(m): 1:47pm On Aug 23, 2020
WinLABSstores:

Do you findings well.
Check the sources and budgets of electricity productions in China and Nederland.

Besides, does it make sense to use 5.8billion dollars to construct a dam that'll only generate 3,050 megawatts of electricity?
Don't defend EVIL and nonsense.

I'm not defending nonsense. I'm saying this as an energy policy and energy investment expert who has worked on projects in different parts of the world. There is no country on earth that can build even a 20,000MW power plant for less than 6billion dollars. Google it. Electricity budgets are different from the cost of constructing a new generation plant - be it dam, coal, nuclear or even from renewable energy sources like wind or solar. Just show me a country that has ever embarked on such a project at such cost.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Nostradamus: 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
seguno2:

Got it
now I understand cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Bunch of white elephant projects that will never be completed.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by farouk2much(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
my beloved AREWA we have zero ongoing project at the moment. exept mambila .
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by TGMISKY(m): 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2020
Slowly, we would get there.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
DesChyko:
Are we to trust these your images?

As a regular user of Lagos Badagry expressway, I struggled to remember any area in that route that looks like what you captured there.

A reverse search of that image revealed it to be Lagos-Ibadan expressway instead.

Lagos-Badagry is and has been under construction, but isn't a nice sight in most places.
The quality will be poor and won't last.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Litmus: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
aysnoopy:
Ok, we've heard you
But I'm telling u today, Nigeria is more than 50years backward from other countries in this world

Are you well ?
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Darestc2k12: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2020
EXOUSIAng:

And how old are those countries compared to Nigeria...
I know we can be better, but it is complete stupidity that makes you people compare Nigeria to France, Spain, UK, US etc this countries are more than 500years older than Nigeria with exception of US....
Is Nigeria Economy not better than that of Egypt and Ethiopia, countries that were already civilized more than 4000years ago?
Have you ever checked your history books to see what this countries went through to arrive where they are today...
There is nothing wrong with aiming high but it is common sense to be very rational in your comparison.....
YOU, WHAT HAVE YOU CONTRIBUTED TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THIS COUNTRY APART FROM SITTING YOUR ASS DOWN AND COMPLAINING

Yes. You are right. But let tell you that already made projects ought to be easily and timely done. That those countries take many years to come up with massive developments does not mean Nigeria should take long before achieving the same.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by Litmus: 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
larryking540:

exactly ,ask him bro

I keep on telling people , don't insult your country online mostly on social media , because it's an avenue for other countries to insult y back using your analysis even though they haven't been to Nigeria ,

i learnt it the hard way when I got to UAE,
every other Africa keep asking me ,why is there scam in your countries ,why do u ladies like prostitution,why is nigeria govt always looting ,and these people asking me these questions have not been to Nigeria before ,but they read the comments most of us say on our country face .

At the bold, they’re mostly not Nigerian. Ghana (their people) is Nigeria's PR company online. When it comes to information giving, the own Nigeria's ass.

It’s only now that I understand Jonathan’s PHD. He must have been very smart to foresee that Nigeria needed a PR organization and he created one but Nigerians abused the idea. Although I also can see why some Nigerias disliked it, they may have worried that Jonathan created the Qungo in order to publicize his own government and cover his polices in glory.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 3:19pm On Aug 23, 2020
larryking540:

this is how they go online to rubbish nigeria,and expect other Africa and other nations to respect them

they cannot understand. when they ho abroad, then they will now understand the damage they are doing.
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2020
larryking540:

nice one op ,the nigeria citizen need to be elighten ,else they keep loosing hope ,even when the country is developing right in front of them .
other Africa countries look upto nigeria with a very high exteem believe me

i had to sit down to and properly educate some Africans about what Nigeria is. and the truth is that Nigeria is not even bad. the same Nigeria these people are complaining about is what the Chinese, the lebanese and the Indians don't even want to leave!

You will come back 20years from now, and you will still meet them worse off than they currently are!
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by King44(m): 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
Rossikk:

Can't you do your research or you don't have Google? They've already shown you and you're still asking rubbish.
oga most of those projects are stagnant
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by ShawnMcJoe: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
No poor man will live on that eko Atlantic city for the next 1 million years!
Re: Top Ongoing Mega-Projects In Nigeria by MiddleDimension: 3:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
aysnoopy:

That's just an excuse.
How about South Africa And kenya.

Nigeria is better than Kenya!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of President Buhari And Vice President Osinbajo / The Untold Story Of Saraki And Buhari In Pictures / [picture] Buhari And GEJ Dress Up In Military Attire To Salute Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.