Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

What Is Data Science And Its Application - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Data Science And Its Application (3434 Views)

Is Data Science Worth Learning / How Important Is Data Structures And Algorithm To Pro Developers / Is Data Science Worth It In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2020
Fighting terrorism in this country is easy. No matter how stupid a terrorist is, he can't try stupid things in CHINA. Mass surveillance using technology.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 6:11am On Aug 29, 2020
Data science is the oil that never runs dry.....
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 6:16am On Aug 29, 2020
Factors that affect Human intelligence by Tim1212

.☠ Tradition
☠ Religion
☠ Culture
☠ Education
☠ Emotions
☠ Politics

These factors affect:
⚙Creativity
⚙ Innovation
⚙ Research and Development
⚙ Problem Solving
⚙ Analytic skills
⚙ Technology
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 7:29am On Aug 29, 2020
The UK already has a serious skill shortage when it comes to IT - latest data from the Open University shows half of employers struggle to attract talent with the right IT skills.

Large tech firms IBM and SAP previously predicted that by 2020, there would be one million unfilled jobs in the IT sector, because people aren't being trained with the skills to take on these jobs.

The problem is such a big one that businesses themselves are now trying to narrow the skills gap, rather than relying on colleges and universities.

"Many companies are making online training courses available to people who are interested in working in these kinds of roles, to help them get to the point where they can be useful and employable," said Mr Walker.

1 Like

Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 7:37am On Aug 29, 2020
I encourage young passionate ones to venture into digital skills The demand for digital skillful people is high. The earlier the better.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 1:32pm On Aug 29, 2020
A quantum leap is said to have occur when preparation meets opportunity.....

Data Science: Program design and data structure.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2020
Get ready ... As we commence from next week. It promise to be an unforgettable experience.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 2:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:
The knowledge of Algebra can be used to predict the net revenue of a company, the knowledge of ALGEBRA is one of the pre-requisite to be a good DATA SCIENTIST.

APPLICATIONS
(Predicting Net Revenue)

The net revenue of Harley-Davidson, Inc. was $5.02 billion in 2004 and $5.34
billion in 2005. Using only this information, write a linear equation that models
the net revenue in terms of the year. Then predict the net revenue for 2006.
(Source: Harley-Davidson, Inc.)

SOLUTION

let t = 4 represent 2004
Then the two given values are represented by the data
points (4, 5.02) and (5, 5.34) The slope of the line through these points is

m = 5.34 - 5 02 / 5 - 4

m = 0.32
Using the point-slope form, you can find the equation that relates the net revenue y and the year t to be

y - y1 = m(t - t1)

y - 5.34 = 0.32(t - 5)

y - 5.34 = 0.32t - 1.6

y = 0.32t + 3.74

Using this equation, a prediction of the net revenue in 2006 (t = 6) is

y = 0.32(6) + 3.74 = $5.66 billion.
This calculation isn't accurate.
1. It takes data only from 2 years (just two successive ones) and if from what i know, you cannot use two different but successive datas to predict the next one. Really, it's not like 'if a goes to b today, still goes to b tomorrow, then that means he'll go to c tomorrow'. This is a life data and can be changed by any factor. It's like forex.

Besides, you'll need to take random datas from different years, at least 4yrs, make simultaneous equations from them and solve using matrix to derive a specific pattern of wealth surge. Then use the data to predict the next year and the next. Even at that, there's bound to be discrepancies owing to the fact that disasters do occur.

2. From the beginning of your calculation, you began by calculating the slope using 2 decimal point as your rounded figure, suddenly, you removed the .02 (very important in any data) and began using 5. Then got a wrong answer

3. I could easily say,
The difference of 2005 and 2006 is 0.32 (5.34 - 5.02). Add that difference to the current wealth (5.34) and get his next year's wealth value (5.66) instead of having to calculate slope. But as with your calculation, my calculation is wrong.

You have to get various range of datas as much as 10years back.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 2:39pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:
Who can answer this -----> 1) Six times the sum of two numbers.

2) Three less than m

3) y decreased by 10

4) The product of 5 and x

5) The quotient of n and 7

1. 6(x+y). X and Y being the two numbers

2. 3 < m

3. Y-10

4. 5x

5. That question is wrong but anyways n/7. If the value of n is 15, the quotient then is 2.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:
The first person to solve this question in a step by step approach will get a recharge card today

QUESTION.

Geometry The perimeter of a Jamaican flag is
120 inches. Its length is twice its width. Find the
dimensions of the flag.

Formula of perimeter of a square is = 2l + 2b where l and b signifies length and breadth respectively.

The question. L is 2xb; l = 2b
Since perimeter = 120. We therefore have that 120 = 2l + 2b ------eqn 1

Substituting l (2b) into the above equation 1.

120 = 2b + 2b

120 = 4b

Divide through by the coefficient of b.

b=30

Since we have that L= 2b, therefore, l = 2 * 30 = 60

The length is 60, breadth 30 and there goes your dimensions. But how would a flag have a longer length and short breadth?? Beats me.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 4:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:

Formula of perimeter of a square is = 2l + 2b where l and b signifies length and breadth respectively.

The question. L is 2xb; l = 2b
Since perimeter = 120. We therefore have that 120 = 2l + 2b ------eqn 1

Substituting l (2b) into the above equation 1.

120 = 2b + 2b

120 = 4b

Divide through by the coefficient of b.

b=30

Since we have that L= 2b, therefore, l = 2 * 30 = 60

The length is 60, breadth 30 and there goes your dimensions. But how would a flag have a longer length and short breadth?? Beats me.

Sir. You answer is wrong. Try again.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:

1. 6(x+y). X and Y being the two numbers

2. 3 < m

3. Y-10

4. 5x

5. That question is wrong but anyways n/7. If the value of n is 15, the quotient then is 2.

Sir. The number 5 question is not wrong. "Quotient" in Algebra indicates division.

No 2 answer is totally wrong. The correct answer is m - 3.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:
This calculation isn't accurate.
1. It takes data only from 2 years (just two successive ones) and if from what i know, you cannot use two different but successive datas to predict the next one. Really, it's not like 'if a goes to b today, still goes to b tomorrow, then that means he'll go to c tomorrow'. This is a life data and can be changed by any factor. It's like forex.

Besides, you'll need to take random datas from different years, at least 4yrs, make simultaneous equations from them and solve using matrix to derive a specific pattern of wealth surge. Then use the data to predict the next year and the next. Even at that, there's bound to be discrepancies owing to the fact that disasters do occur.

2. From the beginning of your calculation, you began by calculating the slope using 2 decimal point as your rounded figure, suddenly, you removed the .02 (very important in any data) and began using 5. Then got a wrong answer

3. I could easily say,
The difference of 2005 and 2006 is 0.32 (5.34 - 5.02). Add that difference to the current wealth (5.34) and get his next year's wealth value (5.66) instead of having to calculate slope. But as with your calculation, my calculation is wrong.

You have to get various range of datas as much as 10years back.

The calculation is right.

1 Like

Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 4:37pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:

Sir. You answer is wrong. Try again.

Divide the 60 by 2 and the 30 by 2.

One length is 30 and another is 30.

One breath is 15 and the another is 15.

That's 30, 30, 15 and 15.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 4:38pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:

The calculation is right.
It is not. Take the piece of advice.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 4:43pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:

Divide the 60 by 2 and the 30 by 2.

One length is 30 and another is 30.

One breath is 15 and the another is 15.

That's 30, 30, 15 and 15.

Absolutely wrong. I can give you an expo.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 4:50pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:

Sir. The number 5 question is not wrong. "Quotient" in Algebra indicates division.

No 2 answer is totally wrong. The correct answer is m - 3.

You don't take advice but you want to teach. That's not good.

M less than 3 literally means M<3.

Take this correction please.

1. The products of any number is the multiplication of that number. The product of 10 and 10 is 10 x 10 = 100

2. The difference of any value is the substraction of the value. Like the difference of M and 3 is M-3. So what are you saying?

Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 4:51pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:

Absolutely wrong. I can give you an expo.

Okay? Where's my mistake?
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:

You don't take advice but you want to teach. That's not good.

M less than 3 literally means M<3.

Take this correction please.

1. The products of any number is the multiplication of that number. The product of 10 and 10 is 10 x 10 = 100

2. The difference of any value is the substraction of the value. Like the difference of M and 3 is M-3. So what are you saying?

Sir. I pardon your ignorance. Your type search for assignment on google. I don't ask google for help. I major more on research . You are giving me an inequality sign. I can't confuse myself with google. Most of the things on google are not written by researchers.

KEY WORDS that mean subtraction in algebra are:

Difference, minus, less than, decreased by, subtracted from, reduced by.

Calm down, let me teach you.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:

Okay? Where's my mistake?

You seem not to be teachable bro.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:

You seem not to be teachable bro.
Is asking for my mistake not being teachable? You want me to crawl and cry to you so you can reveal it to me?
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 5:22pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:
Is asking for my mistake not being teachable? You want me to crawl and cry to you so you can reveal it to me?

If you like crawl and cry. That's not my problem. You should have ask me for the answer in an humble manner. You then compare my answer with yours and see if am correct.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 5:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:

Sir. I pardon your ignorance. Your type search for assignment on google. I don't ask google for help. I major more on research . You are giving me an inequality sign. I can't confuse myself with google. Most of the things on google are not written by researchers.

KEY WORDS that mean subtraction in algebra are:

Difference, minus, less than, decreased by, subtracted from, reduced by.

Calm down, let me teach you.

Lmao. The research you carried out was also carried out by me, hence the google results.

The researchers you derive knowledge from also post their knowledge on google.

Besides, I didn't initially consult google. Your resolve to not agree made me.

Yes, decreased by, minus, less than, subtracted from, reduced by is substraction but that's all.

You just have pride.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 5:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:

If you like crawl and cry. That's not my problem. You should have ask me for the answer in an humble manner. You then compare my answer with yours and see if am correct.

grin grin I'm sorry sir.

Will you do me the honour? Teach me please.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2020
Verbal Model.

Perimeter = Two. length + 2.width

Label

Length = 2x
Width = ×

Algebraic equation

Perimeter = 2(2×) + 2x
120 = 4x + 2x
120 = 6x
X = 20

Length = 2(20) = 40
Width = 20
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 6:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:
Verbal Model.

Perimeter = Two. length + 2.width

Label

Length = 2x
Width = ×

Algebraic equation

Perimeter = 2(2×) + 2x
120 = 4x + 2x
120 = 6x
X = 20

Length = 2(20) = 40
Width = 20

Wrong
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 7:19pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:

Wrong

Someone solved it accurately from here. You are the one totally wrong. I know you will doubt.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 7:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
chrisUmendeche:

Someone solved it accurately from here. You are the one totally wrong. I know you will doubt.

Ask where you got it wrong, man. Be humble as was I.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by naijasensei: 8:35pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:

Wrong

He is actually correct. You made a slight mistake during your calculation.

Perimeter = 2*Length + 2*Width .............(1)
Length = 2*Width .............(2)

Substitute the value of Length into (1)
Perimeter = 2*(2*Width) + 2*Width
120 = 4*Width + 2*Width
120 = 6*Width
Width = 120/6 = 20
From (2), Length = 2*20 = 40

Therefore the Jamaican flag has the following dimensions; Length = 40, Width = 20

Also "three less than m" is actually m - 3, this is an expression which evaluates to a certain value. What you proposed was a comparison, that is,
"is three less than m?" (3 < m), which is either true or false.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2020
naijasensei:

120 = 4*Width + 2*Width
120 = 6*Width
Width = 120/6 = 20

Therefore the Jamaican flag has the following dimensions; Length = 40, Width = 20

Also "three less than m" is actually m - 3, this is an expression which evaluates to a certain value. What you proposed was a comparison, that is,

Thank you bro. Micheal hope you are learning.......
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by chrisUmendeche: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2020
SirMichael1:

Ask where you got it wrong, man. Be humble as was I.

Thank God I have witness.
Re: What Is Data Science And Its Application by SirMichael1: 8:56pm On Aug 29, 2020
naijasensei:

120 = 4*Width + 2*Width
120 = 6*Width
Width = 120/6 = 20

I actually know he got it but the final answer was wrong. The length in the final answer should be half the answer because from the formula 2L, the actual length is half the length. That is, length=20 and width=10.

Thank you for the last part. Two have agreed, I cannot disapprove further.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Show Me The Script To Automatically Refresh A Webpage / Golang Developers' Whatsapp Group / How Do I Pay For Apps On Google Play Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.