Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) (83814 Views)

My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands / I Found Mycoten Vagina Cream In My Wife's Wardrobe / Old Nigerian Grandma Smoking Weed Goes Viral. Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by aluyapreston: 6:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
simplepee:
You are very stupid sir.

Explain why. He simply stated the greed of women right from generations. I don't know this woman and neither do I know her motive but there are women like her that saved and denied their husband when they had real need.

There was a man in Esan. Had teeth issues and at old age his wife which was also old and earned so really much kept all her money to herself and before the man died he wrote to his children on how he spends all his pensions while their mom keep hers.

Omo the whole children turned against her. She could not explain herself out of the situation. At the end they all forgave her and even did a suggery worth 1.8 million for her leg. RN she has no use for the saved money again while the man died begging and struggling to feed himself, her and some of the grandkids when the children we're finding their way in Lagos and abroad respectively

As a man you think you have a loving wife and then will most of your property to her and your kids.

Then you checkout her own will and see she gave everything to her family, and very few to her kids because she feel if she dies you will get it.

I won't will shit to any woman. Enjoy now that I am alive. The others will go to my kids and until they are 23, the will be controlled by an official agent. Greedy women everywhere

5 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Hawkler: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:
So today I was poking around in my family old stuffs when I stumbled on my grandma's wooden box. I opened it I found a lot of interesting stuffs inside. There's this small bag that contains old Nigerian currency, both note and coins. It pained me somehow because thats a cool cash back in the days.

Good evening, I will love to buy them 07035511264.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by oluwaahmed: 6:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
swiz123:
It's good you have felt a fraction of what your grandfather passed through at the hands of that entitled grandma of yours who believes her husband's money is theirs and her's is for her alone.

I wouldn't be surprised if your grandfather borrowed money from Isusu groups when his wife had such cash in her mini billion van

Most times those grandma's keep that money for their grandchildren. They receive the money from family and keep it when their toddler grandchild comes home for Xmas dey give a portion out. My grandma(RIP to her) will show one chicken that my uncle gave her, she will say when I come back the chick's would have been matured to chicken then I can carry it to our house after. Nne nne I miss you cry

3 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Zabilon007(m): 6:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:
So today I was poking around in my family old stuffs when I stumbled on my grandma's wooden box. I opened it I found a lot of interesting stuffs inside. There's this small bag that contains old Nigerian currency, both note and coins. It pained me somehow because thats a cool cash back in the days.
Hello, I will like to purchase those notes. Kindly respond in ernest, if your are willing to sell.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by ahnie: 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
Bitcoin
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by RPG2020(m): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
That year i shoot my class mate because of 10kobo i beat the Case like an O.G

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by clockwisereport: 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
My grandma had her own money in ACB. After her death, my mum and her siblings couldn't withdraw the money
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Bamzyriches451: 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lol
She safe that money sottay, she sef forgot say she get that kind money
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by clockwisereport: 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
@mattmogan88, in all you do, do not sell those coins to ritualists.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by kuntash: 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
quote author=pyyxxaro post=93128403]Indomie kids would be wondering

Omooor see 10 10kobo grin

I remember when one kid in our church swallowed 50kobo coin

Full church scatter

Thank God everything went well

Albert Macaulay’s moustache and eyebrow cool

[/quote]

I am sure you meant 5kobo coin ... smaller than 10kobo
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by clockwisereport: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2021
Auladimeji:
Someone said he should auction it,lol,na so the money scarce reach,go to CBN and see many olden currencies.
Auction ko,Cargo ni

Ritualists no dey carry that thing play. They even buy it at a very high price
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by almarthins(m): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

Back in the 80s when Herbert macurley get value but now who know 1naira?

50kobo na money den. Then we go buy beans 30kobo and use 20kobo remaining buy bubble gum
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by realstars: 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2021
madridguy:
shocked shocked shocked

The One Naira na my pop corn money that time, every evening I must buy pop corn from mama Mafe grin until one of my step mum stopped me from the daily contribution.

Sweet memory.
In my time garri was 13 cups #1 one naira, till high cost of living hitt naiga garri come be 10 cups for one naira, in 1986 garri come enter one cup one naira till today e no gree come down. buhari come scatter things again.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Realdeals(m): 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
10k was enough for me then to buy fried fish to soak Garri in the afternoon, after returning from school.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by naija1stnigar(m): 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:
grin grin grin still wondering why she didn't use the money because she died in 2007
She fit use am do juju for all her children o, make e no go be say na una real source of wealth you don go tamper with so. Forgive me if i sound stupid, but you really can't trust most african grandmas.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Pojomojo: 6:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
pyyxxaro:
Indomie kids would be wondering

Omooor see 10 10kobo grin

I remember when one kid in our church swallowed 50kobo coin

Full church scatter

Thank God everything went well

Albert Macaulay’s moustache and eyebrow cool

Did you meet cowries?

Anyway if you interested in crypto learning check m y c r y p t o n g on telegram
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by baconline(m): 6:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
I will buy them off u
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by iamme1234(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
Take it to aboki at yaba and convert the money
Thank me tomorrow for paying your rent and buy a car with what you convert it to.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Houston20(m): 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
If u stay in Lagos can u please sell them to me 07086670665
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by promiseland245(m): 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
Look for a collector and sell to the person.
A foreign collector would amass your more money.
mattmogan88:

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

Preserve it bro
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Lama70(m): 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
Beckham14:
cry

Mama would have "saved" our dying economy from this incompetent administration.

Imagine Mama as the current Minister of Economy.

MINISTER OF FINANCE AND COORDINATING MINISTER OF ECONOMY. lol.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by TheGift: 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:
grin grin grin still wondering why she didn't use the money because she died in 2007

What about people who die with millions and billions? … Maybe She had been spending and that was what was left? Maybe She wasnt planning on leaving so soon?
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Tookool(m): 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
Imagine your grandma had saved up her money in dollars
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by AgricMaster: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

check on nairaland last month someone want to buy them for 10k each.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by MMempire(m): 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

There is someone on this forum that buys 25kobo for N7,000 each.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by madridguy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
Sir, you be elder. So how come Baba Buhari scattered everything?

realstars:
In my time garri was 13 cups #1 one naira, till high cost of living hitt naiga garri come be 10 cups for one naira, in 1986 garri come enter one cup one naira till today e no gree come down. buhari come scatter things again.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by madridguy(m): 7:05pm On Nov 03, 2021
grin grin grin Pained wailer.

Bantu10:

No wonder your zombeism is top notch. Product of leaking polygamous home
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by ignis: 7:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
illicit:
Why didn't ur parents spend it

It may be blood money

smiley

Olodo
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Christistruth00: 7:07pm On Nov 03, 2021
Beckham14:
cry

Mama would have "saved" our dying economy from this incompetent administration.

Imagine Mama as the current Minister of Economy.

Those our uneducated Mamas were Indigenous financial Experts

If they use just their native Wisdom to run Nigeria’s Economy it would have been far far better than what we have now

There native understanding of Economics was far better than what is taught at degree level in Universities today

All the Youths would be in full time employment

I still remember my Grandmothers advice of “ if you have Surplus money don’t put it in the bank purchase a Plot of Land instead”

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by computersoft: 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
Una get mind dey watch these currency soo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) / Married Men Sleeping With Their Wife's Sister Or Maid: Let's Talk About It. / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.