Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,769 members, 7,802,353 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) (83789 Views)

My Grandma Still Sends My Dad On Errands / I Found Mycoten Vagina Cream In My Wife's Wardrobe / Old Nigerian Grandma Smoking Weed Goes Viral. Nigerians React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Sleekfingers: 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
StephenBB:
If it's in a sane country, you can auction it for a whooping amount. Cos it might be heading to a museum.
But unfortunately...you're in Nigeria!

Some people will still buy them here in nigeria....I have a collection of old currencies too . E.g nigeria pound, lots of old nigeria money and british unused old stamps , from 1949 - 1979.......I will sell them, if the price is right....
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by mattmogan88: 7:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
naija1stnigar:
She fit use am do juju for all her children o, make e no go be say na una real source of wealth you don go tamper with so. Forgive me if i sound stupid, but you really can't trust most african grandmas.

grin

My grandma was a Christian

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Aduroja123(m): 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
You just found the labour of our heros past
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Ammiddey: 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
That's big money that time o
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Bimpe29: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:
So today I was poking around in my family old stuffs when I stumbled on my grandma's wooden box. I opened it I found a lot of interesting stuffs inside. There's this small bag that contains old Nigerian currency, both note and coins. It pained me somehow because thats a cool cash back in the days.

This has taken to the memory lane when Nigeria was better, united, peaceful and giant of Africa.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by OBTOREPA(m): 7:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:
So today I was poking around in my family old stuffs when I stumbled on my grandma's wooden box. I opened it I found a lot of interesting stuffs inside. There's this small bag that contains old Nigerian currency, both note and coins. It pained me somehow because thats a cool cash back in the days.

That Golden colour 1kobo check the year whether is 1975. Then DM me,you can make cool cash with that.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:19pm On Nov 03, 2021
Pablo Escobar still got some box stock with dollars somewhere d son will discover someday

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by OBTOREPA(m): 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Some people will still buy them here in nigeria....I have a collection of old currencies too . E.g nigeria pound, lots of old nigeria money and british unused old stamps , from 1949 - 1979.......I will sell them, if the price is right....
If you have the Golden coloured 1975 1kobo DM for a cool cash. Best of luck bro

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by wallarwallar(m): 7:26pm On Nov 03, 2021
See treasures wey ur mama kept 4 u .. Sm mama no dey try at al. U fit keep am 4 ur own children also who knows it might be auction for millions one day
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by BOUNTYDOG(m): 7:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
swiz123:
It's good you have felt a fraction of what your grandfather passed through at the hands of that entitled grandma of yours who believes her husband's money is theirs and her's for her alone.

I wouldn't be surprised if your grandfather borrowed money from Isusu groups when his wife had such cash in her mini bullion van

Sometimes even the houses we are labouring to build today might be neglected by our kids on the near future

Yes it happened to one of my uncle after the kids relocated abroad
He married another wife but no issue
After his death,the kids refused to come and even check the 4 flats he built .
The family have it to the new wife,but she said she cannot take it as he has kids and do not want wahala In the future

The whole house is abandoned as we speak.
So u see

Na wetin man chop while alive be him own

I can imagine how much he had sacrifised to building the 4 flats.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Abudu2000(m): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
Wish I could go back to olden days when men had values

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by bullabong(m): 7:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
pyyxxaro:
Indomie kids would be wondering

Omooor see 10 10kobo grin

I remember when one kid in our church swallowed 50kobo coin

Full church scatter

Thank God everything went well

Albert Macaulay’s moustache and eyebrow cool

Herbert not Albert.

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Babaken(m): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
I remember how I use to buy poke meat with. 10kobo.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by bullabong(m): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
pyyxxaro:
Indomie kids would be wondering

Omooor see 10 10kobo grin

I remember when one kid in our church swallowed 50kobo coin

Full church scatter

Thank God everything went well

Albert Macaulay’s moustache and eyebrow cool

Herbert not Albert..

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Bantu10: 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
madridguy:
grin grin grin Pained wailer.

Pained zombie
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Curious345: 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

can you sell them to me for 20k?
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by rentAcock(m): 7:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
OP I will buy the ones in good condition, I collect these things.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Hallabee1(m): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
Aje.....

i could remember when i saw 20 naira note on my way going home in ibadan in 1992, i was on top of the world, me that use to collect 50kobo...but over joy make people steal the 20 naira from me, i fall sick for one week because of that money...i don calculate watin i won buy for 2 weeks with that money...sha, there is God ooo.... but those are the days.... still have those coins with me but Nairaland wont allow me post.....
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by highoctane: 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

Put it up for sale
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by ShakurMY(m): 7:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
You all can see one of the disadvantage of savings
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by abbey503(m): 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
Waoooo....you don make am for your life with that money wey u see so
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by madjune(m): 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
That unit was used between 1985 to 87.

It was in the advent of IBB IMF borrowed loan which caused the downward spiral of the naira value.

It really had value back in the day.
Those 6 naira note can cater to a whole family's feeding through a week plus.

It's sad all Nigerians are left with are sad memories of the past.

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Born2Breed(f): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

This was Buhari era after the currencies colours and designs were swapped.

I remember that 1naira was the colour of 20naira and 10naira was the colour of 1naira.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by greggng: 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

Keep those stuff in a safe place for history purposes.
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by beejay85: 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

Wow...these kobo coins brought back my childhood memories..
We used to attach a string/rope to a speaker (one with magnet) of a bad/condemned music player then.
My friend and I then dip it in our street drainage....walking back and forth d street...
Some days we magnetise 5 10kobos...money for Coca-Cola....who says d street of naija isn't paved with money back then,?

1 Like

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by 3ple9ine(m): 7:48pm On Nov 03, 2021
More reason why one should invest more and save less or rather save in a bank
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by carzhiemglows001(m): 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
mattmogan88:

pls take this currencies to the museum for the indomie generation and make some cool cash
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by beejay85: 7:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
madjune:
That unit was used between 1985 to 87.

It was in the advent of IBB IMF borrowed loan which caused the downward spiral of the naira value.

It really had value back in the day.
Those 6 naira note can cater to a whole family's feeding through a week plus.

It's sad all Nigerians are left with are sad memories of the past.
But the herbart Macaulay note changed to silver coin around 1990-1991, 50k bronze like coin also came same time...
Smart Nigerian blacksmiths destroyed those coins.... Will buy N1 coin from people for N2 ..melt it ,make earrings out of it which was sold for 12-15 naira back then.
CBN sharpally stoped its production grin
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Calicoe: 8:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
swiz123:
It's good you have felt a fraction of what your grandfather passed through at the hands of that entitled grandma of yours who believes her husband's money is theirs and her's for her alone.

I wouldn't be surprised if your grandfather borrowed money from Isusu groups when his wife had such cash in her mini bullion van

Stop saying what you don't know.. Do you know if the money is savings from her farm proceeds or profits from her trade?
Yanning anyhow

2 Likes

Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by sicily4u: 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
beejay85:

But the herbart Macaulay note changed to silver coin around 1990-1991, 50k bronze like coin also came same time...
Smart Nigerian blacksmiths destroyed those coins.... Will buy N1 coin from people for N2 ..melt it ,make earrings out of it which was sold for 12-15 naira back then.
CBN sharpally stoped its production grin

U mean it. How did they do it ?
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by svc1(m): 8:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
I would gladly pay $100 for it. If you want to part with it
Re: What I Found In My Grandma's Wooden Box(pictures) by Shikena(m): 8:04pm On Nov 03, 2021
LadySarah:
grin

See the 50kobo I always used to buy colored icefream from my 1naira church offering.

Those ice cream sellers will just be at the children church gate waiting for us wey no dey give all our offering money.
grin All I can say is 'Esprit de corps!'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) / Married Men Sleeping With Their Wife's Sister Or Maid: Let's Talk About It. / Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.