Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

My Experience With The 774000 Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Experience With The 774000 Jobs (25461 Views)

NDE Recruitment 2021 For 774000 Federal Government Jobs | Application Details / 774000 FG Job Payment Of Stipend / 774000 Jobs To Continue Jan 5th - Special Public Works Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2020
I see vividly how corruption works �
I called a member number from the special public works site (ondo committee 774,000 jobs), the man referred me to a king in the community to get the form from so that I can Register. I got to the oba's palaces yesterday,
I told the security personal I came for the special public works, he look me like a novice, he says he don't know anything about it, he direct me to the secretary, getting to the secretary I asked the same question, she also said she haven't heard about that before, so I take my time to talk her through.

She then told me to wait so that she can deliver my message to the king, to my surprise the king comes out, I pay respect as a Yoruba guy, he ask me who referred me, I told him the name (I don't want to mention names) he pick up his phone and call a number probably he didn't clearly hear the name I called, so he call another member of the committee (I could here the conversation, the phone speaker was loud and clear)
The discussion on phone:

Oba: why do you send someone to me
man:I don't send anybody baba
Oba: a boy came here saying you sent him to me
Man: please give him the phone
(I collect the phone)
Man: why are you lying I sent you
Me: not a lie sir, I call a number from the special public works site.
Man: what's name
Me: Mr.*******(for security purposes I don't want mention name yet)
Man: give oba the phone,
I give back the phone to oba
Man: it's is honorable ***** that sent him
Oba: why is honorable doing like this (in Yoruba), sebi we agreed we are only employing 8 people out of the 1000, why did he send somebody else again
MesadI almost fainted after hearing that) Oba: help me tell your people not to refer anybody to the job again oo please
(Phone hang up).
He then told me to write my name and phone number.... So I left the place.

I have been thinking about it since yesterday, am even less concerned about me getting the job My main concern is even if you want to embezzle money, why must you go so far and deep? it will even be better to employ 500 people and you can embezzle the remaining 500 out of the 1000 beneficiaries..why will you plan to embezzle 992 out of 1000. That's too much, leaving only 8?
@fkeyamo fought a good fight by not allowing the project been hijacked.. but it will still end in vain because there will be so many ghost worker that will get paid during this program.
Imagine if what I experience is likely what is happening in major local government.

210 Likes 17 Shares

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by helinues: 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
Nigeria for you... Everything is a slot/leg/connection.

See the people claiming elders?

But that 8 people out of 1,000 na exaggeration.. Haba

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by SmartProf(m): 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
My bro, looking for a job in Nigeria is a job especially when merit is not considered. After your experience, I know you'll know deep down that praying for Nigeria to change is a waste of prayer points...Best wishes going forward.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by InYourHead: 12:08pm On Aug 23, 2020
awhybliss:
I called a member number from the special public works site (ondo committee 774,000 jobs), the man referred me to a king in the community to get the form from so that I can Register. I got to the oba's palaces yesterday,
I told the security personal I came for the special public works, he look me like a novice, he says he don't know anything about it, he direct me to the secretary, getting to the secretary I asked the same question, she also said she haven't heard about that before, so I take my time to talk her through.
She then told me to wait so that she can deliver my message to the king, to my surprise the king comes out, I pay respect as a Yoruba guy, he ask me who referred me, I told him the name (I don't want to mention names) he pick up his phone and call a number probably he didn't clearly hear the name I called, so he call another member of the committee (I could here the conversation, the phone speaker was loud and clear)
The discussion on phone
(I collect the phone)
Oba: why is honorable doing like this (in Yoruba), sebi we agreed we are only employing 8 people out of the 1000, why did he send somebody else again
MesadI almost fainted after hearing that) Oba: help me tell your people not to refer anybody to the job again oo please
(Phone hang up).
He then told me to write my name and phone number.... So I left the place,
I have been thinking about it since yesterday, am even less concerned about me getting the job My main concern is even if you want to embezzle money, why must you go so far and deep? it will even be better to employ 500 people and you can embezzle the remaining 500 out of the 1000 beneficiaries..why will you plan to embezzle 992 out of 1000.that's too much, leaving only 8?
@fkeyamo fought a good fight by not allowing the project been hijacked.. but it will still end in vain because there will be so many ghost worker that will get paid during this program.
Imagine if what I experience is likely what is happening in major local government
When I say that the Obas and Traditional rulers of Nigeria are self centered, corrupt and wicked nobody will side with me. Imagine depriving 992 people employment opportunity and a possible source of income.

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Kestolove(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2020
We are finish in dix country

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Charmingrascal(m): 12:17pm On Aug 23, 2020
Now this people will die miserably and we will be stressing our fingers to type RIP.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by festacman(m): 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
I am not saying that there is no corruption involved in the scheme but anybody who believes OP's tale by moonlight needs to go back to kindergarten.

Let's face it. Each local government is entitled to put forward 1000 beneficiaries. Out of this 1000, a fixed percentage is allocated to State Governor and the legislators for their loyals in their constituencies. So what is available to others to share is less than 1000 slots already.

Moreover, in a governorship election year in Ondo State, there is no way only 8 persons will benefit out of 1000 slots.

Moreover, which Kabiyesi would be careless to talk freely about this kind of implicating stuff in presence of stranger.

OP should try harder next time!

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Karlifate: 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
OP, that's the reality of Nigeria in this era.

IF you want your life's journey in Nigeria to be easier & faster, you must know someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone that knows someone & so on.
For example: Rita Daniels was appointed as the State Assistant Treasurer for Delta State PDP with the influence of her son-in-law; Prince Ned Nwoko.

The older generation keep on saying, "I pity this generation" whenever an atrocity is committed BUT they are so quick to forget that the generation was raised by them.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by kynbasil01: 12:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
This program is already a failure, I had similar experience too...keyamo made a very big mistake by not doing the recruitment online

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Nwoke01(m): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
Op please call names and stop all this secrecy. Do you think they will come here looking for you or what, if you can't call names pls go back to bed.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by OLESCO(f): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by LibertyRep: 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2020
This sounds so much incredible and I'm struggling to believe it wasn't made up.

The OP should clear my doubt by making public the names of those involved.

It's not that Nigerian leaders are not capable of anything, but 8 out of 1000 is just undiluted greed.

You self reason am now that's just a paltry 0.8%

13 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by illicit(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2020
I really think u are lying

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by ochusdb(m): 2:43pm On Aug 23, 2020
The problem with Nigerians is that they don't know their real problem. embarassed
When you heap blame and complain about poor Federal governance alone but forget your LGA chairman, your elders and state government EXIST.
We go to Church/ Mosque praying for a good road, hospitals and schools still on election day is either we are at home or somewhere chanting
Sai baba, pdp, apc.
The solution to Nigeria is right in front of us but tribalism, religion and ethnicity wont LET US SEE IT.

Well all I can say is ANOTHER ONE.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by BennyDGreat: 2:55pm On Aug 23, 2020
If this is true, this kinda greed is too overwhelming. Kilode haba mana

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by IamWonderful: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
That is outright wickedness

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2020
Not suprised
It is a common practice there

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by joyandfaith: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2020
InYourHead:
When I say that the Obas and Traditional rulers of Nigeria are self centered, corrupt and wicked nobody will side with me. Imagine depriving 992 people employment opportunity and a possible source of income.

you are lying. I am with you. Traditional rulers are useless.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by bamasite2: 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
Gist us
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by 9jayes: 7:48pm On Aug 23, 2020
When you are going through something hard and wonder where GOD is,remember the teacher is always quiet during a test.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by KINGJAJA888(m): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
[size=8pt][/size]
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Ayemileto(m): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2020
grin
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by FacelessKing: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
I keep saying this, anything in Nigeria will always end in tears unless a serious revolution happens (not Sowore's please).

Employment for the "poor masses" have been hijacked by the "billionaires".

Nigerians are in for a long serious ride!

8 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Jeeryblast1: 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2020
Crazy
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by colorsofrainbow: 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
And when any of these heartless souls die miserably & someone types how such news gladdens his soul,one lost soul will come to remind me how I'm human like them when these guys have forgotten to be humane to ordinary Nigerians...Nonsense!

10 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by taiwosamwell(m): 7:51pm On Aug 23, 2020
Hmm
In Nigeria, your qualifications doesn't matter it's WHO SENT YOU.
May God help us.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Seventy7kings: 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
undecided
op, easy with the lies. First off, slots are allocated to Governors, Senators, members of HoR (regardless of their political party). As a matter of fact, the APC and PDP share the slots in my own LG

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Timagex(m): 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
What you saw was a vivid description of how corruption has been embedded in our every day lives in this country. I'm not even suprised that a king can behave like that. There is no accountability. I suggest you start looking for another job, because, anything from "above" is always hijacked by the powerful people. We go survive.

Anyway, I'm a photographer by the way. Dm and let's talk business. I shoot portraits and events. smiley Follow me on Instagram @timagex photography. I'm very affordable. Thanks.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by KayCee92(m): 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
angry
Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 23, 2020
awhybliss:

The discussion on phone:

(I collect the phone)
(Phone hang up).
He then told me to write my name and phone number.... So I left the place.

I have been thinking about it since yesterday, am even less concerned about me getting the job My main concern is even if you want to embezzle money, why must you go so far and deep? it will even be better to employ 500 people and you can embezzle the remaining 500 out of the 1000 beneficiaries..why will you plan to embezzle 992 out of 1000. That's too much, leaving only 8?
Imagine if what I experience is likely what is happening in major local government.

Keyamo came up with a very bad idea. The process of granting the jobs was based on slots and the senate tried to go against it, whereas uninformed youths were shouting up and down with little or no knowledge of what was happening.

This kind of employment would be free and fair if it had gone through the National Directorate of Employment, NDE. Not by using MC Oluomo and Tinubu's daughter as caretakers...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by foxxydude: 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
What's going to be the fate of the 774k workers after the 90 days employment grin

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The 774000 Jobs by 9icest: 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2020
Similar experience last year. My brother needs admission into unilag. Cut off was very low but a sure link said it’s possible for 100k. I thought it was 419 but paid coz I didn’t want my brother to feel like I didn’t want him to stay home again. My bros got the admission. When I met the link later I asked him how he did it, he said university admission 2nd list, he said there are arrangements and levels. Government get their own slots, State and federal level oh, and even Ministry of education guys, even kings and chiefs of the communities, then VC and lecturers. It’s all about booking slots earlier and making slots available in your own department. There are people with worse cut off chilling inside Unilag while those with higher cut off are looking for admission. If nor enter the merit list you can’t get into the supplementary list unless you get sure link.
If Corruption is human, he is a Nigerian

34 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Massive Academic And Non-Academic Recruitment At Hezekiah University-83positions / Urgent Job Vacancy In Asaba, Delta State / Jobs At The US Embassy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.