Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman (69628 Views)

Indian Doctors Remove Odinaka Nweke's Stomach Tumor / Doctors Remove 526 Teeth From 7 Year-old Boy's Jaw (Photos) / Doctors Remove Huge Cucumber From Lady's Body. Nigerians React (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 24, 2020
The 52-year-old woman, who asked to remain anonymous, had complained about her weight ballooning, unaware of the giant growth on her ovary.

By the time she was able to undergo a gruelling operation to remove it – which took three and a half hours – the tumour had grown to make up 45% of the woman’s body weight.

Dr Arun Prasad, who led the surgery on the woman at the private Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Delhi, India, said he was left ‘shell-shocked’ by the tumour.

The doctor said he had never seen a case like it in his 30-year medical career. Speaking after carrying out the operation on Saturday, Dr Prasad said: ‘I have not witnessed anything like this ever before during my profession – in over three decades of experience.

‘We should consider it as a miracle that the woman is recuperating well after being operated on for over 180 minutes.’ The woman, who was admitted to hospital for surgery as Covid-19 cases continue to soar in India, had swelled to a massive 106 kg (almost 17 stone) before her operation.

But almost half of this weight was accounted for by the weight of the huge, benign tumour pressing on her ovary – which could have caused her ovary to explode if left untreated.

The patient had complained of not being able to walk as her feet swelled. She had also begun to suffer from severe anaemia which saw her haemoglobin drop – proving a daunting challenge for the team of surgeons during the operation.

The woman had to undergo a blood transfusion before doctors were able to operate. Dr Prasad said: ‘With a low level of haemoglobin, it was a major task for the doctors. However, we did our best, and eventually succeeded.’

Another doctor involved in the surgery, Abhishek Tiwari, has said he is ‘delighted’ that the patient has quickly begun to recover.

He said: ‘She is lucky that the organs didn’t fail. Otherwise, such pressure could have proved fatal for the patient.’ And Dr Prasad has praised his team of surgeons for doing a ‘wonderful’ job.

He said: ‘I see it as an incredible achievement the way the operation has been done. ‘There was no room for error. The team put in commendable efforts, to say the least.’ The patient is set to be discharged today, just the day after her surgery, in what Dr Prasad branded as a ‘miracle’

Source: https://metro.co.uk/2020/08/24/doctors-remove-worlds-largest-ovarian-tumour-weighing-50kg-woman-13168347/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Ahmed0336(m): 11:43am On Aug 24, 2020
God!!!!!!

Shout out to all the real women, strong women as for feminist una go get una shout out from hell undecided

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Righteousness89(m): 11:48am On Aug 24, 2020
Wow...
And She is Ready to Be Discharged!
This Can only Be a Miracle From the CREATOR .
This Can only Be a Miracle From My DADDY..

THANK you PRECIOUS DADDY!

281 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by daddytime(m): 12:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
Why always India?

4 Likes

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Goldencheese(m): 12:33pm On Aug 24, 2020
That would be a huge relief to her. Must have been a great burden carrying such load. 50 kg? Wow.

9 Likes

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by sotall(m): 1:04pm On Aug 24, 2020
50kg tumor?

That is another human being by weight.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by ThatFairGuy1: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
This is amazing
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by aralc: 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
OMG
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Iyke1998(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Why did she have to allow this grow to this extent na.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by martineverest(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
daddytime:
Why always India?
e taya me o...India and weird diseases

4 Likes

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Factfinder1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Lord God 50k is the same size and weight as a bag of cement how have she been moving about with such weight.... I can imagine how light and relieved she feels right now...Good jobs doctors

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by rationalhuman(m): 1:05pm On Aug 24, 2020
Study concept of "Probability and Certainty" from Secondary school Mathematics,
It simply tells us the Probability outcome when your Number "n" are greater.

Bigger the sample size (here population), There are higher probability of everything.

daddytime:
Why ?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by ArinzeAnthony03: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Nawao oo
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by kyuniii(m): 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Shout out to the doctors.

4 Likes

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by money121(m): 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Ok
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
Righteousness89:
Wow...
And She is Ready to Be Discharged!
This Can only Be a Miracle From the CREATOR .

THANK you PRECIOUS DADDY!
undecidedundecided

4 Likes

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by limitless777(m): 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
THIS is SERIOUSLY SERIOUS.
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by daddytime(m): 1:06pm On Aug 24, 2020
rationalhuman:
Study concept of "Probability and Certainty" from Secondary school Mathematics,
It simply tells us the Probability outcome when your Number "n" are greater.

Bigger the sample size (here population), There are higher probability of everything.

I concur..
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Yairsavor: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
Magnificent!
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Queenlovely(f): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
Without enemies around us, we grow lazy. An enemy at our heels sharpens our wits, keeping us focused ...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Jinad50: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
Wow! this is scary
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by blinking001(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
We'll get there someday too as a country. Nigeria Amaka
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by AmnotMe: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
with the way i am positioned; there is no way am
goin to be able to afford an android phone.

Am earning o, but not enough. Its just to put
food on the table.
Am Currently using nokie5 symbian phone, one
kind man gifted me that last yr after i sold my
phone to raise money for stuffs.

With the trend of new smartphone looks now;
some of you will hv old android phone u r not
using cos of the outdated look and all. Brother,
sister, i will gladly accept anyone u throw at me as
long it can do whatsapp. and i will go on to say a
heart deep prayer for you(i know u r blessed already) just to appreciate.

Yes; am begging i know.

5 Likes

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Ijaya123: 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2020
Jeez!!!

107kg!!! That’s more than double the weight of a bag of cement which weighs 50kg.

How was she able to carry that and move around? Not to even mention how she survived so long?

This world is surely filled with mysterious happenings.

2 Likes

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by jnrbayano(m): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thank God and thank God again and again

Nothing more to say

3 Likes

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Samfloxin(m): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
Wey the pinshure of the tumor nah ?
Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by Sijo01(f): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thank God for her life and for the doctors too.

Why wait for it to deteriorate to this state before seeking medical attention.

8 Likes

Re: Indian Doctors Remove ‘World’s Largest Ovarian Tumour’ Weighing 50kg From Woman by abdullahi45: 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2020
Congratulations to her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Slept With 180 Prostitutes In 4 Years: Are These Signs & Symptoms Of HIV? / 7.9kg Fibroid Removed From Woman's Stomach In Lagos After 9 Years. Graphic / Do You Have Trypophobia? (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.