Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:20 PM

Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. (18507 Views)

Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo / Premium Smoothies & Tigernut Milk Available. / Those Of Us Who Drink Kunu And Tigernut Milk Drink, Do You Notice Anything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by TruthHurts100: 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2020
I can't say this is the cause. I made one sometime ago and it was OK, I refrigerated it and it lasted two days.

I thought of venturing into the business. I love the neatness and the hygienic process I follow.

I designed a label, I printed, I got new plastic bottles and new covers.

I started telling friends about it. A friend promised to arrange a meeting with a couple of hotel managers.

He told me to make samples. I was so excited. I made the samples and kept them in the freezer. Before that, I started noticing tick white settlements.

When I put them in the freezer for a while, I checked and I could see the white settlements and a golden brown thick something on top.

I was thinking maybe the coconut I added was too much, I've done it like four times and still getting the same result.

I'm frustrated. I even both an industrial blender.

Someone please help me.

My investment is going down the drain in my eye.

Admin please help me so I can get help from people with experience in this business.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Shellsploit: 9:02pm On Aug 24, 2020
Pictures?
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by okirewaju(f): 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
I make mine for family use and not for sale but what I noticed about it is that it's better stored in the fridge and not freezer as when it turns to ice, it's difficult to thaw back to its original state

Fridge must be already cold and you drop each bottle as you package.

I'm sure more experienced persons will turn up soon.

11 Likes

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by TruthHurts100: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2020
Shellsploit:
Pictures?

They're frozen now. I will take another picture when it's defrosted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by TruthHurts100: 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2020
okirewaju:
I make mine for family use and not for sale but what I noticed about it is that it's better stored in the fridge and not freezer as when it turns to ice, it's difficult to thaw back to its original state

I notice fermentation like 2 hours after production. I can smell it.
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Shellsploit: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2020
okirewaju:

My thoughts exactly.
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by qwertyboss(m): 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2020
TruthHurts100:
I can't say this is the cause. I made one sometime ago and it was OK, I refrigerated it and it lasted two days.

I thought of venturing into the business. I love the neatness and the hygienic process I follow.

I started telling friends about it. A friend promised to arrange a meeting with a couple of hotel managers.

He told me to make samples. I was so excited. I made the samples and kept them in the freezer. Before that, I started noticing tick white settlements.

When I put them in the freezer for a while, I checked and I could see the white settlements and a golden brown thick something on top.

I was thinking maybe the coconut I added was too much, I've done it like four times and still getting the same result.

Someone please help me.

Admin please help me so I can get help from people with experience in this business.

Thanks.
Tigernut drink popularly called kunun aya doesn't last for even a day without being ice cold.
My advice is that you only prepare it when it's needed for it is not ideal for storage
And you should use powder milk and flavor not coconut

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by chii8(f): 3:03am On Aug 25, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Why are you storing them in a freezer? It's suppose to be in a fridge.Similiar thing happens when you put zobo drink in a freezer,it will be so iced that the water and zobo content will be separated in the bottle used in storing them.

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by nnekaike(f): 3:20am On Aug 25, 2020
A woman I know who does this business said it does not last a day,prepare what you can sell finish that day!.
sorry for the trouble.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by okirewaju(f): 7:41am On Aug 25, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Try it like this next time, Get a bowl of really cold water, as soon as you fill a bottle, put the bottle in cold water immediately. When you're done bottling, take them to the fridge that is really chilled.

You don't make large quantities. It does not last long. I
used to know someone that sells, she makes it in the morning and finish selling that same morning.

I make Zobo that spend weeks in the freezer. It's not because of too much coconut or too much date. It is what it is.

You can check YouTube and see if there is any method they use for preservation.

If you want to sell it, you'll wake up early in the morning say by 5am, grind your coconut, date and Aya and straight to the fridge after the bucket ISH. You'll make little quantity say like 20-30 bottles. Depending on your sales strength.

Where I worked in the North, it does not last long in the shop as most times when you go by 4pm for lunch, they will tell you it's finished.

Even when transporting it to a shop, it has to be in a cooler with really cold water.

Or look for someone that makes for sale, patronise her, open and drink then tell her that this drink is nice, how does she preserve it? That you are tempted to buy some bottles for people back home.

To do a business, you have to learn the secret in it to succeed. You either learn by asking/training under someone or self learn.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by TruthHurts100: 8:50am On Aug 25, 2020
okirewaju:
Try it like this next time, Get a bowl of really cold water, as soon as you fill a bottle, put the bottle in cold water immediately. When you're done bottling, take them to the fridge that is really chilled.

You don't make large quantities. It does not last long. I
used to know someone that sells, she makes it in the morning and finish selling that same morning.

I make Zobo that spend weeks in the freezer. It's not because of too much coconut or too much date. It is what it is.

You can check YouTube and see if there is any method they use for preservation.

If you want to sell it, you'll wake up early in the morning say by 5am, grind your coconut, date and Aya and straight to the fridge after the bucket ISH. You'll make little quantity say like 20-30 bottles. Depending on your sales strength.

Where I worked in the North, it does not last long in the shop as most times when you go by 4pm for lunch, they will tell you it's finished.

Even when transporting it to a shop, it has to be in a cooler with really cold water.

Or look for someone that makes for sale, patronise her, open and drink then tell her that this drink is nice, how does she preserve it? That you are tempted to buy some bottles for people back home.

To do a business, you have to learn the secret in it to succeed. You either learn by asking/training under someone or self learn.

Thanks so much for this.

I do see this tigernut drinks in the supermarket. Is it that they bring them daily? I really don't think so. But as you've said, there is a secret. I will search for it till I get it.

Thanks once again. I really do appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by TruthHurts100: 8:50am On Aug 25, 2020
chii8:

Why are you storing them in a freezer? It's suppose to be in a fridge.Similiar thing happens when you put zobo drink in a freezer,it will be so iced that the water and zobo content will be separated in the bottle used in storing them.

I see them storing in freezers in the supermarkets. That's why I do it too.
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by mariahAngel(f): 4:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Someone please help me.

Thanks.

Just make fresh batches to sell each day, it'd be healthier that way.
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Cuntofjezebel: 5:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
No jokes, if u are interested in knowing the secret i will expose it for 50k.

Its ur choice to either see me as a scammer or an oportunity to move your business.
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by TruthHurts100: 6:53pm On Aug 25, 2020
Cuntofjezebel:
No jokes, if u are interested in knowing the secret i will expose it for 50k.

Its ur choice to either see me as a scammer or an oportunity to move your business.

How much is my total investment? I came looking for help, I'm not looking for who to take money from me.

7 Likes

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by okirewaju(f): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Thanks so much for this.

I do see this tigernut drinks in the supermarket. Is it that they bring them daily? I really don't think so. But as you've said, there is a secret. I will search for it till I get it.

Thanks once again. I really do appreciate.
You're welcome
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Motirayo2018(f): 11:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
TruthHurts100:

I designed a label, I printed, I got knew plastic bottles and new covers.

Someone please help me.

Thanks.
Try making it in small quantity
Blend with ice water

Add ice when sieving
Then freeze some with freezer and the rest with a
Fridge
To check the difference
I knew someone that sell it at iddo

But she make it daily
I will ask her if it can be preserved

2 Likes

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by TruthHurts100: 12:17am On Aug 26, 2020
Motirayo2018:

Try making it in small quantity
Blend with ice water

Add ice when sieving
Then freeze some with freezer and the rest with a
Fridge
To check the difference
I knew someone that sell it at iddo

But she make it daily
I will ask her if it can be preserved

Thanks for your comment I really appreciate it.
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 26, 2020
You don't freeze these two Kunu and Tigernut drink cos it will coagulate and separate from the water. It is best to refrigerate it and don't keep for too long as it spoils quickly. Its actually meant to be taken fresh same day of preparation but its a new trend people started storing it for days. So ill say max, two days you should have cleared it up.
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Samade7: 6:09am On Aug 26, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]

Method
Place the tiger nuts in a bowl or a jar with a lid and add the sea salt.
Pour the water over the tiger nuts, cover, and let them soak in the fridge for 24-48 hours. The longer they soak, the softer they will be and the easier they will be to wiz into silkily, smooth milk.
Once soaked, pour the tiger nuts and liquid through a sieve and rinse well.
Place the tiger nuts in a blender and add two cups of filtered water, a little at a time. Too much water can dilute the flavour of the tiger nuts.
If you are adding any flavourings, now’s the time.
Blend on high until smooth and creamy. This usually takes around three minutes.
Pour through a fine sieve, nut bag, cheese cloth, etc. to separate the milk from the tiger nut pulp.
Place the tiger nut pulp back in the blender and add another 1-2 cups of water. Blend again for a couple minutes and the strain again. This can be repeated up to three times. You can combine the milk with the first batch, or keep your batches separate. The second and third batch won’t be as creamy as the first.
Once you’ve finished, pour the milk into a glass jar and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Want not waste not? Add the leftover tiger nut pulp into your smoothies for a sweet and nutty twist

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 26, 2020
Samade7:
[color=#006600][/color]

Method
Place the tiger nuts in a bowl or a jar with a lid and add the sea salt.
Pour the water over the tiger nuts, cover, and let them soak in the fridge for 24-48 hours. The longer they soak, the softer they will be and the easier they will be to wiz into silkily, smooth milk.
Once soaked, pour the tiger nuts and liquid through a sieve and rinse well.
Place the tiger nuts in a blender and add two cups of filtered water, a little at a time. Too much water can dilute the flavour of the tiger nuts.
If you are adding any flavourings, now’s the time.
Blend on high until smooth and creamy. This usually takes around three minutes.
Pour through a fine sieve, nut bag, cheese cloth, etc. to separate the milk from the tiger nut pulp.
Place the tiger nut pulp back in the blender and add another 1-2 cups of water. Blend again for a couple minutes and the strain again. This can be repeated up to three times. You can combine the milk with the first batch, or keep your batches separate. The second and third batch won’t be as creamy as the first.
Once you’ve finished, pour the milk into a glass jar and store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Want not waste not? Add the leftover tiger nut pulp into your smoothies for a sweet and nutty twist

What you mean by the bolded? Do you mean to add the chaff to it?
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Samade7: 8:28am On Aug 26, 2020
Brachaa:
[/b]

What you mean by the bolded? Do you mean to add the chaff to it?

part of sieved left over.
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Nobody: 8:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Samade7:

part of sieved left over.

Won't it make the make the drink grainy?
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Samade7: 11:35am On Aug 26, 2020
Brachaa:

Won't it make the make the drink grainy?

depends on how u want it
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by SweetCunt97(f): 6:33am On Aug 27, 2020
TruthHurts100:

They're frozen now. I will take another picture when it's defrosted
You don't allow it to freeze. It's best put in cooler that has water and blocks in it or a very chilling fridge. Freezing it ain't good.

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by kinah(f): 7:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
TruthHurts100:

I see them storing in freezers in the supermarkets. That's why I do it too.

Trust me the ones sold in stores has no coconut in it.
And they add stabilizer to it.

2 Likes

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by TruthHurts100: 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
kinah:

Trust me the ones sold in stores has no coconut in it.
And they add stabilizer to it.

Whaaaaaaat? And they tell us it's 100% natural with no preservatives?
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by LadySarah: 1:55am On Aug 29, 2020
TruthHurts100:

Whaaaaaaat? And they tell us it's 100% natural with no preservatives?

Ppl I asked said you mix with chilled water not room temp water and make sure the grinder is specifically for it as the presence of impurities hastens the fermentation process.

Look at the opinions of these sellers and try with lil quantity at a time to see if there will be improvement.

Goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Mutemenot(m): 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2021
I think it's best taken fresh.. I prepared a very large quantity not knowing it's not to be stored.. I keep some in the freezer others in the fridge they all spoiled cry
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by dexiouz(m): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2021
This is just story. I made tiger nut and dates for the first time, put it in the fridge. On the second day, I brought it out and found out it has soured.
Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Eupatrid: 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
Hi. I noticed same thing when I first made the drink. The first time, I made it to be thick without knowing it ferments. However, the second time, I made it not to be thick and not to be watery and it was fine for 48hours.

Try this method:

Blend all ingredients (tiger nut, coconut and dates) together
Make it normal (not watery not thick)
Store in a fridge immediately.

I am also seeking for knowledge on how to preserve it for long. I will share with you of I know the secret.

1 Like

Re: Help Me, My Tigernut Milk Doesn't Last A Day. by Eupatrid: 1:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
Try making it with ginger and cloves. The consistency should be light.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? / What Was Your Childhood Food Fantasy? (Pics) / What Did You Cook Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.