Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,473 members, 7,781,377 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:28 PM

Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? (50776 Views)

Something Is Wrong With My Rabbit's Eye. / Diary Of My Rabbit : Ghost / Rabbit Killed By My 3-Year-Old German Shepherd (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by Deborah98(f): 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
Surprised ooooh,do people rear rabbit just asking

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by alhaji04: 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
midehill:

Ingredient for rabbit stew, what ingredients is that... Pardon my ignorance!!!
curry and thyme with some fresh pepee, add small onion and salt.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by Drizzy5001(m): 8:34pm On Aug 25, 2020
This rabbit go sweet o, see the face grin
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by PenSniper: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
[/quote][quote author=midehill post=93210643]

I don't know how much vet will charge me, i heard they charge exobitantly. Any idea how much they charge?

The man i bought my rabits from last month told me the vet injects them at @500 each.

Are they male and female ? If yes, are you sure mating has not taken place without your knowledge ? Are you aware that the female must be separated from the day of conception ? Do you de-fat them regularly ?
Those animals are highly allergic.
Good luck.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by PenSniper: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2020
midehill:

Ingredient for rabbit stew, what ingredients is that... Pardon my ignorance!!!

He means pepper-soup, lol
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by jarmy: 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2020
My rabbit had the same problem. It turned out to be blockage of his intestines by an abscess (boil)

Watch my video on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1toSq35Lw&t=4s
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
PenSniper:

The man i bought my rabits from last month told me the vet injects them at @500 each.

Are they male and female ? If yes, are you sure mating has not taken place without your knowledge ? Are you aware that the female must be separated from the day of conception ? Do you de-fat them regularly ?
Those animals are highly allergic.
Good luck.

Do u tink itz injection they need...pls kindly get back to me
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2020
lesson44:

How much is rabbit worth? Why will you think they will charge 30k to see a Rabbit.

Exactly my point...
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
dogmart:

You can join in on DogmartTV and speak to a vet about your pet issues for free and let him advice you.

Join DogmartTV by simply saving 080 68 738 381 as "DogmartTV" and sending your name in to the admin on WhatsApp

You will be glad to you did

Thanks i will do that right away
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
nedekid:

How much is a rabbit sold for that you want to spend 3k on it? Umless you are rearing them as pets and not commercial purpose.

So wat do u tink i shud do
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
seunH:
I'm so sorry about your rabbit's condition, from the clinical signs your rabbit exhibited your rabbit may be suffering from what we in the Veterinary profession refer to as "Gastrointestinal stasis"
In Gastrointestinal stasis, other signs your rabbit may exhibit include: weakness, abdominal pain and grinding of teeth, stops eating, extremely small or no faecal droppings, bloating, becomes inactive and acts depressed. It may worsen to become life threatening.
This condition could be due to the kind of feed you fed your rabbit or the rabbit swallowing abnormal objects like hairball etc.
What I'll advice you, is for the mean time try and massage your rabbit's abdomen gently and give over the counter pain relievers for rabbit, while you prepare to take your rabbit to a vet. Your vet is likely to administer laxatives or gastrointestinal stimulants, pain relievers, antibiotics and fluid therapy if your rabbit is too weak. Please don't mind those who asked you to cook it, or the treatment expensive. All the drugs for the above may not even be up to 500 naira !!!

Please how much in total do you think a vet will charge me, i hope it is not too expensive...

Pls quote me back...thanks
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
jarmy:
My rabbit had the same problem. It turned out to be blockage of his intestines by an abscess (boil)

Watch my video on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1toSq35Lw&t=4s

Is your rabbit now okay
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2020
bigfoot79:
I think you should feed it with something different.
Mine eats a combination of pellets and carrots and some days ago wifey noticed that she has not been eating or drinking. I started feeding her spaghetti and boom ! She was voraciously consuming it. Last night she was hyper active and very disturbing too but she is fine now

Tried that but it is still not eating...gave it different kinds of fruits yet it won't eat
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by PenSniper: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
midehill:

Do u tink itz injection they need...pls kindly get back to me

You didn't say anything about my questions because it will help to some extent.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
Sheyhun:
thats bloat and For the bloated
Dilute Cinnamon powder with water give 1ml 3 times withdrawal Pellets until the tummy is back to normal from Dr omobolanle adepoju

Hello sir, please if i want to take it to vet tomorrow, how much will they charge me for it.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:30pm On Aug 25, 2020
PenSniper:

You didn't say anything about my questions because it will help to some extent.

Oh sorry about that. It is a male. I noticed it was when i gave it a particular chicken food called fetcher, it started behaving in such a way
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
tmaigari:
Hi,

From your photo I can see that its not getting the right diet. 1. Insure you provide hay(dry grass) to aid its digestion. No hay no digestion for rabbits, hence no poo.

2. They hate heat, with heat they will not feed. I will assume your rabbits might be stationed in a hot space around your facility. Find the coolest place around and relocate them to it and you will amazed how they feed.

3. Also, one thing you need to know is that they Love tree barks, try moringa (whole plant: leaves stems and trunks. You might believe it but with time your rabbits will finish even the trunks.

4. Provide the same quality of water you would drink, they can fall I'll from in pure water.

I trust with the above listed 4 points you will not be in the Vet for any reason thorough rearing.

Cheers.

Thanks bro
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by nedekid: 9:41pm On Aug 25, 2020
midehill:

So wat do u tink i shud do
If you are rearing it to sell and the value is less than 6k, you might as well sell it as is, or eat it rather than spend 3k with a vet.
On the other hand if it is eg a female you see potentials for breeding or a pet, then you can spend money 3k on vet.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by seunH: 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2020
midehill:

Please how much in total do you think a vet will charge me, i hope it is not too expensive...

Pls quote me back...thanks
I personally wouldn't charge anything for this kind of treatment because its not really a difficult procedure and moreover the drugs you're likely to get are quite cheap, so just get the drugs your vet asks you to get and just try and talk to him concerning service charge, your vet is most likely to ignore it.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:45pm On Aug 25, 2020
nedekid:

If you are rearing it to sell and the value is less than 6k, you might as well sell it as is, or eat it rather than spend 3k with a vet.
On the other hand if it is eg a female you see potentials for breeding or a pet, then you can spend money 3k on vet.

Is it 3k they will charge...some are saying itz nt up to that
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by midehill(m): 9:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
seunH:

I personally wouldn't charge anything for this kind of treatment because its not really a difficult procedure and moreover the drugs you're likely to get are quite cheap, so just get the drugs your vet asks you to get and just try and talk to him concerning service charge, your vet is most likely to ignore it.

Okay thank u
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by hstar: 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
alright
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by earnit3: 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
really
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by babtoundey(m): 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
Just last week, I lost all my rabbits, 10 of them, at the pace one a day. I wish you best of lucks
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by trumpcoat(m): 11:19pm On Aug 25, 2020
midehill:

I don't know how much vet will charge me, i heard they charge exobitantly. Any idea how much they charge?
give it a try first, there's no harm in trying

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by Akkord4gov: 11:37pm On Aug 25, 2020
Idowster:
sorry i want to buy rabbit i am in ibadan

I have healthy rabbits to sell in Ibadan too. If you need then, let me know and we can link up for better negotiation
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by Adegbem01(m): 11:46pm On Aug 25, 2020
afeezet:
I lost all my rabbit about 30 of them, they said one viral shit is outside, I don't know how I could help them, I was just giving them antiviral drugs and multivitamin
Attached picture of empty home of all my rabbit, thank God I have 2survors
The two survivors are carriers too, it better you kill them, when other rabbit come they will infect them too, it just those two that are immune to it
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by OKOATA(m): 1:15am On Aug 26, 2020
Guy go to pet store and tell them the problem, calling vet is a waste of time, at the store they will tell you how to treat it, they will even tell you how to give it injection. Sometimes I do give my dog paracetamol, etc.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by royalair(m): 1:25am On Aug 26, 2020
Salt and sugar solution. Use a Syringe without a needle inject it into the mouth. Stop feeding it pellets for now. Use leaves most especially lettuce. God's in Charge nothing will happen
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by GideonOludayomi(m): 2:54am On Aug 26, 2020
midehill:
Hello guys i have been rearing rabbits for some months now and i noticed that one of my rabbit have not pooed since yesterday and it is going to 6 months old rabbit. It is big enough

My rabbit is not pooing and it is not eating too. It is also restricting its movement, please what could be the problem.

I don't want to lose it.

Please veterinary doctors and rabbit farmers/breeders in the house, what can i do to make it poo and eat again just like before.

Please i need urgent help, i dont want it to die.

Modified...

I also noticed it always stay in one place and pressing its stomach Down.

Please help move to front page, thank you, God bless you as you do that?

Pictures below:

To start with, have you checked the teeth for maloclusion?
Malocclusion causes the teeth grow abnormally there by making it difficult for the rabbit to eat.

Again, what type of feed do you use? Ready made or self milled? Your answer will determine the next response.

Lastly, it is true rabbit farmers have been experiencing a relative pandemic in the industry and efforts are in top gear to put everything to rest.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by Eazie351(m): 6:02am On Aug 26, 2020
afeezet:
I lost all my rabbit about 30 of them, they said one viral shit is outside, I don't know how I could help them, I was just giving them antiviral drugs and multivitamin
Attached picture of empty home of all my rabbit, thank God I have 2survors

you should please kill the remaining 2 rabbits and save us all.

that is RHDv on your farm, some rabbit covid-19 shii. save other farmers, DO NOT SELL THOSE RABBITS, KILL THEM AND EAT THEM. THANKS

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Wrong With My Rabbit? by Eazie351(m): 6:05am On Aug 26, 2020
midehill:
Hello guys i have been rearing rabbits for some months now and i noticed that one of my rabbit have not pooed since yesterday and it is going to 6 months old rabbit. It is big enough

My rabbit is not pooing and it is not eating too. It is also restricting its movement, please what could be the problem.

I don't want to lose it.

Please veterinary doctors and rabbit farmers/breeders in the house, what can i do to make it poo and eat again just like before.

Please i need urgent help, i dont want it to die.

Modified...

I also noticed it always stay in one place and pressing its stomach Down.

Please help move to front page, thank you, God bless you as you do that?

Pictures below:

bloat is highly suspected here, it's a 50/50 chance, depending on the severity, I'll suggest you give it bitter leaf, if it doesn't eat it, squeeze the juice in it's mouth, them remove it from the cage and put it somewhere it can move around for about 2 days.

the actual cause of bloat cannot be ascertained yet but is mostly linked to indigestion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe / Lady Carries And Kisses A Smith Bear / "My Kinsmen Are Killing My Snakes" - Ebonyi Man Cries Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.