Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief (34077 Views)

Lekki Shootings: ‘We Stand By Our Report’, CNN Reacts To FG's Sanction Threat / Atiku Vs Buhari: Daily Trust Newspaper Opinion Poll / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by omenka(m): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
AnanseK:
A BIG HAMMER TO #FFK'S COFFIN FROM VETERAN JOURNALIST Asaju Tunde

-----------------------------------------------------------
I can share my column later. This Can't Wait
By Asaju Tunde

As a journalist, I am simply outraged; first to read the views of my chairman, Emmanuel Ogbeche and later to see the clip of my dear sister, Ruona J. Meyer on events in Calabar. It's still early in Ottawa and I need to take it easy today so that I don't transfer my aggression on others (including members of my own family). But I am totally miffed!

I mean, this is an assault on journalism. Journalism is a noble profession. A profession that have rules. A profession that is practiced by the best of the world - yes (subtract me). Canada's Deputy Prime Minister is a journalist! The founding fathers of Nigeria - Obafemi Awolowo and Nnamdi Azikiwe were journalists!

I am disturbed and totally angry that a rabble rouser, a lickspittle, an abysmally corrupt, inept and uncouth Femi Fani-Kayode would insult a journalist the way he just did and get away with it. I am totally angry that this idiot of no compare would exhibit his madness on a halpless journalist who was only holding him accountable to the ideals he wants to be credited with, but which he lacks both in character and comportment.

But above all, I am totally disturbed, that colleagues who were present did not see this as assault on their profession, on their own integrity and on their noble profession - they were nodding heads and apologizing like agama lizards that they all are.

I am disturbed that a tv station even uploaded it with a caption that FFK reacts to a rude journalist! I am shocked that this is happening in 2020. I mean, Donald Trump has done worse to journalists, but he has also received worse. No journalist worth his calling and training should be insulted like that by a fraud! FFK is a fraud! I say so!

I think the NUJ should not let this lie low. If it does, it would have created a precedent and who knows what happens next. Maybe he would assault a journalist because he is a lawyer...there are lawyers in our profession too. Chuks Ohuegbe is a lawyer, Shareef Mohammed is a lawyer, Mohammed Adamu is a lawyer and there are many more. Sir Richard Akinola II is a respectable lawyer with a veritable source of income and a mileage of philanthropy that Fani Kayode would never reach in seven lifetimes, he is a journalist. Need I mention more?

Fani Kayode has no known job. He has never been known to have won a single case anywhere in life. His record of mental health issues is well known. Here is a man who has no decency or decorum. Here is a man who attacks everything that moves. Here is a man who kisses and tells...that is the lowest of the low. Here is a man who is hiding under judicial privileges to escape justice for corruption. Which of the journalists he denigrates carries this plethora or evil resume? None!

Yes, maybe people collect brown envelopes. But if there are no givers, there would be no takers? What are those giving brown envelopes trying to hide? That is also an issue, not that I support inducing journalists.

I am interested in what happened after this press conference. I'll be monitoring how his threat to report the journalist to Daily Trust would be resolved. I am waiting for the official reaction of the Daily Trust Management to this assault on their reporter. A news organization is as good as how it allows idiots treat its reporters.

Fani Kayode must be told in no unclear terms that he has no integrity to protect. He should go and clear his case before the courts with evidence. If he was picked up and detained, it would not have been for telling truth to power - it would have been for hate speech that he spews out daily; and it must have been for his shameful record in public office. FFK has no integrity to protect. We are all witnesses to his record in service, his dodgy lifestyle.

No journalist should endure insult from anyone. If you ask a question, you want answers. If people are not ready to give answers, they are free to walk away, but assault and insults does NOT come with the profession. No colleague must stand by and watch his comrade denigrated the way FFK has done to the Daily Trust reporter.

NUJ must investigate this. What happened before the question? What happened after the press conference and if people are known to (as would probably be) have egged on this demented idiot in his tirade just because of the brown envelope that comes after the deal, then, something must be done.

We must save journalism from charlatans and from political jobbers who want to hide under one finger. This assault on my profession by people of doubtful character MUST STOP.
Bull's eye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Organs(m): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2020
jlinkd78:
Without releasing d full unedited version the management of Daily Trust has said nothing. Independent minds like us can only mediate and pass judgement only when d undoctored version is made known so till then I stand with FFK

Between you, FFK and Buhari, i am still trying to determine who mumu pass.
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by BabaRamota1980: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2020
The management of media trust are themselves irresponsible with this kind of press release. There is too much chaos.
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by passiveincome01: 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2020
really
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by judgementyard(m): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2020
[quote author=techmo post=93221442] cool

Who is bankrolling your trips?!

Simple answer; I am bankrolling the trip from my monthly income, my registered business, my Youth Corper Alawe, my civil servants pension, bet Naija tickets I won etc

*FFK vs Ogundamisi [ do you know who my father was you son of a common soldier]

*FFK vs Bianca [yes she was one of my girls]

*FFK vs Rochas Okorocha [ do you know who my families are, you ritualist from a poor home]

*FFK vs Ameachi [ do you know who my father was, you son of a peasant]

*FFK vs MURIC guy [ my lineage and family are cheifs in Ife, your family are nobody in Ife]

*FFK vs Jimoh Ibrahim [ you ritualist, that was why I made sure I cancelled your Nigerian Airways proposal as Aviation minister]

Youy head dey there
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by joefelin2345: 10:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
AnanseK:

By Asaju Tunde

As a journalist, I am simply outraged; first to read the views of my chairman, Emmanuel Ogbeche and later to see the clip of my dear sister, Ruona J. Meyer on events in Calabar. It's still early in Ottawa and I need to take it easy today so that I don't transfer my aggression on others (including members of my own family). But I am totally miffed!

I mean, this is an assault on journalism. Journalism is a noble profession. A profession that have rules. A profession that is practiced by the best of the world - yes (subtract me). Canada's Deputy Prime Minister is a journalist! The founding fathers of Nigeria - Obafemi Awolowo and Nnamdi Azikiwe were journalists!

I am disturbed and totally angry that a rabble rouser, a lickspittle, an abysmally corrupt, inept and uncouth Femi Fani-Kayode would insult a journalist the way he just did and get away with it. I am totally angry that this idiot of no compare would exhibit his madness on a halpless journalist who was only holding him accountable to the ideals he wants to be credited with, but which he lacks both in character and comportment.

But above all, I am totally disturbed, that colleagues who were present did not see this as assault on their profession, on their own integrity and on their noble profession - they were nodding heads and apologizing like agama lizards that they all are.

I am disturbed that a tv station even uploaded it with a caption that FFK reacts to a rude journalist! I am shocked that this is happening in 2020. I mean, Donald Trump has done worse to journalists, but he has also received worse. No journalist worth his calling and training should be insulted like that by a fraud! FFK is a fraud! I say so!

I think the NUJ should not let this lie low. If it does, it would have created a precedent and who knows what happens next. Maybe he would assault a journalist because he is a lawyer...there are lawyers in our profession too. Chuks Ohuegbe is a lawyer, Shareef Mohammed is a lawyer, Mohammed Adamu is a lawyer and there are many more. Sir Richard Akinola II is a respectable lawyer with a veritable source of income and a mileage of philanthropy that Fani Kayode would never reach in seven lifetimes, he is a journalist. Need I mention more?

Fani Kayode has no known job. He has never been known to have won a single case anywhere in life. His record of mental health issues is well known. Here is a man who has no decency or decorum. Here is a man who attacks everything that moves. Here is a man who kisses and tells...that is the lowest of the low. Here is a man who is hiding under judicial privileges to escape justice for corruption. Which of the journalists he denigrates carries this plethora or evil resume? None!

Yes, maybe people collect brown envelopes. But if there are no givers, there would be no takers? What are those giving brown envelopes trying to hide? That is also an issue, not that I support inducing journalists.

I am interested in what happened after this press conference. I'll be monitoring how his threat to report the journalist to Daily Trust would be resolved. I am waiting for the official reaction of the Daily Trust Management to this assault on their reporter. A news organization is as good as how it allows idiots treat its reporters.

Fani Kayode must be told in no unclear terms that he has no integrity to protect. He should go and clear his case before the courts with evidence. If he was picked up and detained, it would not have been for telling truth to power - it would have been for hate speech that he spews out daily; and it must have been for his shameful record in public office. FFK has no integrity to protect. We are all witnesses to his record in service, his dodgy lifestyle.

No journalist should endure insult from anyone. If you ask a question, you want answers. If people are not ready to give answers, they are free to walk away, but assault and insults does NOT come with the profession. No colleague must stand by and watch his comrade denigrated the way FFK has done to the Daily Trust reporter.

NUJ must investigate this. What happened before the question? What happened after the press conference and if people are known to (as would probably be) have egged on this demented idiot in his tirade just because of the brown envelope that comes after the deal, then, something must be done.

We must save journalism from charlatans and from political jobbers who want to hide under one finger. This assault on my profession by people of doubtful character MUST STOP.
Oga stay in your Canada jeeje. God has liberated you from this shit jole called Nigeria. Ema hale ma Kayode wa. Kilenikanse tenikan ose ri, EMA hale ma Kayode wa. If you have any grouse with FFK take that up elsewhere. We are no fools. That journalist made an assertion not a question......we don't know who is bankrolling your trips....Is that how they ask question in Canada? I doubt not. Ema paja lobo fun wa. Liberty does not mean lack of decorum. This is Nigeria where PHD means Pull Him Down and many of our journalists are falling for such. The political atmosphere is getting tensed in the country on a daily basis. People are getting angry because of failed promises from our politicians. See what is playing out in Edo & Ondo States among the political gladiators? Is that how politics is being done in Canada? Poverty is biting very hard for your information hence it is becoming very difficult to distinguish between sincere & sponsored journalism. The noble profession is already being bastardized by half baked & hungry journalists. Investigative journalism is not being practised like before. Gone are the days of Daily Times, Sunday Times, Daily Sketch, Observer, New Nigeria etc. We therefore need to be critical critic of a critical situation. We should bid bughouse mentality good bye. NUJ needs to embark on serious training & re-training of its members on ethics of the noble profession to avoid such embarrassment in future.
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Keneeby(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2020
Noblejay7:
I wonder why the journalist had to apologize. FFK only wanted to avoid that question by trying to intimidate the poor journalist.

The NUJ also needs to take an action against him. They should demand for an appology and if he refuses, NUJ can order it members not to give coverage to that his useless tour.

How can a professional journalist ask such question? that is a very silly question. That journalist needs more training. Presently ffk is not a public office holder, he is not accountable to anyone.
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Guestlander: 10:27pm On Aug 25, 2020
He was over the top. A leader should learn how to control themselves.
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Keneeby(m): 10:28pm On Aug 25, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
Very good!
The man only asked him who was bankrolling his visits, not who is paying him for his social media onslaughts against the govt grin

A professional journalist can't ask such stupid question
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Buksaylor: 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
HawkToBar:

https://dailytrust.com/fani-kayodes-attack-on-daily-trust-reporter-our-stand
Idiots,...why would he ask him that?
Is his father's money missing?
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Yankee101: 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
Go to court
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by OluShina24(m): 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2020
I think FFK is becoming a loose dog who needs to be tamed
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by anonimi: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
AnanseK:

By Asaju Tunde

No colleague must stand by and watch his comrade denigrated the way FFK has done to the Daily Trust reporter.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586428_fbimg15736654320838424_jpegd42241580d772ab6f2e4383c755894e8

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Ojady(m): 10:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Somebody tell FFK, he needs a media adviser. When you unsheath full rounds of a bazooka on a fly, no one sees if the fly had perched severally before you got even. His barrage of insults in a fit of irritation will forever be used against him,no matter the level of decency he displays to make up for it.
Next time, pls, let his media adviser have journalists screened and perhaps respond FIRST...anyway Naija big man attitude in display

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by millionboi2: 10:58pm On Aug 25, 2020
Jeux:
"do you know who you are talking to"
Why do Nigerians like using this phrase ?
inferiority
That's d only way thy gain confidence
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by millionboi2: 11:01pm On Aug 25, 2020
J111333:
Ask me that kind of stupid question and I will give you a configured slap.
FFK was lenient enough to show his anger verbally.
A journalist doesn't have the license to be rude and stupid. The silly man is likely a nairalander who come here to insult people and he disorganizedly forgot he was face to face with FFK.

Nonsense. sad
oga thankGod say I no b d journalist,I go take m make name,use m contest election self .....I can even say it to ffk face that I'm more patriotic Nigeria than him
I fit slap m join,he was lucky to meet a novice with little or no cash in his account

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by zeenaman: 11:13pm On Aug 25, 2020
I don't have problem with FFK. But how could the journalist's colleagues put blames on him for the innocent question? One of them was telling him "shebi I told you, you see your life".
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by PremierGuy(m): 12:00am On Aug 26, 2020
Few weeks ago a journalist asked Donald Trump if he has ever lied in the last 3 years of his presidency. Trump just ignored the journalist and move to the next person
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 26, 2020
Honestly i saw nothing wrong in that question unless there is something FFK is hiding.
For me I wouldn't have taken those insults lightly.
The journalist tried in maintaining his cool.
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Cherez: 12:42am On Aug 26, 2020
FFK is a disgrace
See, most people won't take the criticism they ditch others
That's how PMB & APC then almost cursed GEJ to hell but now will arrest common protesters and even ban any media publishing words directed at the govt
Honestly, FFK must never castigate govt again.
If he does, I'll post this video on his timeline
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by mojolajesu(m): 12:44am On Aug 26, 2020
I swear, na that journo loose guard. His Children will blame him for conceding to such a National disgrace without being able to defend himself! I no blame FFK, even though wrong, Na the journo i blame.

the poor nigga was just being scared of loosing his job! we need to do better as humans. sincerely
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Nobody: 1:34am On Aug 26, 2020
techmo:
cool

Who is bankrolling your trips?!

Simple answer; I am bankrolling the trip from my monthly income, my registered business, my Youth Corper Alawe, my civil servants pension, bet Naija tickets I won etc

*FFK vs Ogundamisi [ do you know who my father was you son of a common soldier]

*FFK vs Bianca [yes she was one of my girls]

*FFK vs Rochas Okorocha [ do you know who my families are, you ritualist from a poor home]

*FFK vs Ameachi [ do you know who my father was, you son of a peasant]

*FFK vs MURIC guy [ my lineage and family are cheifs in Ife, your family are nobody in Ife]

*FFK vs Jimoh Ibrahim [ you ritualist, that was why I made sure I cancelled your Nigerian Airways proposal as Aviation minister]

. Na wa o. This FFK worse pass fractional Rufai
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by chinedumoooo: 2:43am On Aug 26, 2020
Golden rule abide.
Often criticizing/insulting president buhari but can't tolerate little bash.
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by Dantedasz(m): 2:46am On Aug 26, 2020
AnanseK:

By Asaju Tunde

Lovely!!!
It was sad watching Femi Fani Kayode do what he did to the daily Trust journalist. He ranted and raved and insulted and abused the poor journalist for asking him the mere question of who was sponsoring his travels all over the country.
Fani Kayode is a dreg of society. He is a media creation because it is this same media he is denigrating that he cunningly and surreptitiously uses to spread his message of hate all over the place. I am not really surprised by his outbursts because he has a history of being an unstable being but I am totally done by the response of the journalist being abused. He kept on apologising as if he was not sure of his ground while Fani Kayode rained all kinds of abuse on his character and personality. It was cringeworthy.
And after hurricane Fani Kayode swept out of the hall in all his arrogance and pomposity I could hear colleagues of the journalist berating him for asking such a question probably because Fani Kayode was no longer going to drop the usual BROWN ENVELOPE for the boys!
This was a SAD,SAD day for Nigerian journalism!

2 Likes

Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by spiralwedge(m): 3:30am On Aug 26, 2020
More disturbing is the mumu journalist saying "sorry Sir".

Most disturbing is the other journalists in the room looking on.

God knows, if I was there i would have said

"But Sir, who is bankrolling your trips?"

If 2-5 journalists there repeatedly asked the same question in solidarity, he would realise his foolishness

1 Like

Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by DeMoneyGenius: 4:57am On Aug 26, 2020
I've been following this story but haven't said anything.
Reason: I am yet to see the full video where the journalist asked the question, made the statement, insulted FFK, and how he did it.
Why on Earth would anyone remove that part of the video before releasing the clip on social media.
Something is not adding up here.
I hope the real story comes up someday.

Meanwhile, check my signature to earn free grams and cash out in $$$.
500 gms = $1000+
Re: Fani-Kayode’s Attack On Daily Trust Reporter: Our Stand By Editor-In-Chief by SideInkom: 5:38am On Aug 26, 2020
FFK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scores Of Boko Haram Terrorists Drown After Military Bombardment In Borno / Fayose Receives Wike At Akure Airport (Photos) / HILARIOUS: Tolu Ogunlesi Responded To Peter Obi's Tweet In Chinese Language(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.