Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) (38334 Views)

Thousands Flee Syria To Turkey As Idlib Conflict Escalates (Photos) / Devastating Aftermath Of Hurricane Irma In The Caribbean(Photos) / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 26, 2020
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12207680_7_jpeg_jpeg0c3cbcfc3c8fd9c13ab706939918d985

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12207681_8_jpeg_jpegf57af6b8fd8f06ce13930af436ac692f

In the largest U.S. evacuation of the pandemic, more than half a million people were ordered to flee the Gulf Coast on Tuesday as Laura strengthened into a hurricane that forecasters said could slam Texas and Louisiana with ferocious winds, heavy flooding and the power to push seawater miles inland.

More than 385,000 residents were told to flee the Texas cities of Beaumont, Galveston and Port Arthur, and another 200,000 were ordered to leave low-lying Calcasieu Parish in southwestern Louisiana, where forecasters said as much as 13 feet (4 meters) of storm surge topped by waves could submerge whole communities.

Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards said Laura is shaping up to look a lot like Hurricane Rita did 15 years ago when it ravaged southwest Louisiana.

“We’re going to have significant flooding in places that don’t normally see it,” he said.

Ocean water was expected to push onto land along more than 450 miles (724 kilometers) of coast from Texas to Mississippi. Hurricane warnings were issued from San Luis Pass, Texas, to Intracoastal City, Louisiana, and storm surge warnings from the Port Arthur, Texas, flood protection system to the mouth of the Mississippi River.

The evacuations could get even bigger if the storm’s track veers to the east or west, said Craig Fugate, the former head of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

Fearing that people would not evacuate in time, Edwards said those in southwest Louisiana need to be where they intend to ride out Laura by noon Wednesday, when the state will start feeling the storm’s effects.

Officials urged people to stay with relatives or in hotel rooms to avoid spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. Buses were stocked with protective equipment and disinfectant, and they would carry fewer passengers to keep people apart, Texas officials said.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12207684_9_jpeg_jpeg21cdd63509e9094348a0b98d24dfa74a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12207685_10_jpeg_jpeg3b4fab214f1592fd6a13768bc2ec378c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/12207686_11_jpeg_jpeg1a846cf0f989e5f5054142b3a83a9fd4

Source: https://apnews.com/e3a953a7dc479d3adbe1911688c979e2

4 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Righteousness89(m): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2020
Until you Take your time to Read the Book of Revelation, you may not Understand all these Horrible Events Hitting the Earth and its inhabitants.

As Much as so Much Chaos and Disaster Engulfs the World, I Still see the Grace and Mercy of GOD longing For People to accept His Son.

As Bad as things are now, it is Totally Uncomparable to the Wrath that will be Poured out in a Short time on the Earth and on All who will miss the Rapture of the Saints..

In Times as these, Running out is not Really the Answer, as the Place you are Running to may be Worse.

Running to Jesus is the Surest Thing to do..

Time is Running out Folks..

Prayers For the Nations and People

295 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Whitecoal711: 10:10am On Aug 26, 2020
God have been gracious to us

17 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by illicit(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2020
That's good

2 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Kriss216: 10:13am On Aug 26, 2020
Here, the government will only warn us about flood without providing any assistance.

God bless America
God bless Edo
God bless Obaseki

Shame on Ambode!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by hisgrace090: 10:16am On Aug 26, 2020
Running out of home to where?

Natural disaster bad ehh! May God help them out.
Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Samsimple(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Thank God we no get all this natural disasters for nigeria.. because our bad leaders dey enough already.

Meanwhile, check my signature

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by hidhrhis(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Why is all this things happening in Europe and rarely happens in africa

5 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by etibaba(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Hurricane be having nice names but terrible effect, From Hurricane Laura to Hurricane Lili to Hurricane Paloma to the famous Hurricane Katrina.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by internationalman(m): 10:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Righteousness89:
Until you Take your time to Read the Book of Revelation, you may not Understand all these Horrible Events Hitting the Earth and its inhabitants.

As Much as so Much Chaos and Disaster Engulfs the World, I Still see the Grace and Mercy of GOD longing For People to accept His Son.

As Bad as things are now, it is Totally Uncomparable to the Wrath that will be Poured out in a Short time on the Earth and on All who will miss the Rapture of the Saints..

In Times as these, Running out is not Really the Answer, as the Place you are Running to may be Worse.

Running to Jesus is the Surest Thing to do..

Time is Running out Folks..

Prayers For the Nations and People

You might just be one igbo smoker and kaikai addict hanging by the corner typing these things

I hope you are as what you comment here in real life.. .

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Slawormir: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

Righteousness89:

Ogbeni righteousness.....there is no rapture...there is no end time... this things have been happening before....even worse during the time of our forefathers...but no means of spreading such news

I don first tell you say you get luck say you nor dey stay with me
I for don use weed reset your brain....I go just cook indomie or beans with weed for you make you sleep for two days.....as you dey wake up from that two days sleep i go tie loud for you make you smoke
As you dey recover from loud i go Carry you go bar go give you ten bottles...then leave you for the bar make you stagger come house.....if your brain never still format completely then i go book hotel make two slim and beautiful runs babe come bang the hell out of you all through the night...with cow girl style....

75 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by explorer250(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2020
we are lucky in this country that we don't have these dangerous natural disasters considering our incompetent government

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by KossyKiss97(f): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2020
Ok

Need children Educational tablets, call me 08060291729

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by WinLABSstores: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2020
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Zimri(m): 10:32am On Aug 26, 2020
Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by DamnNiggar: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2020
Dammmnnn Niggarrr

Isoright

This is end time

I repeat this is end time

Niggarrr dammmnn the end is near

Righteousness89 come tell them shocked

6 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by ForeThinker: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2020
Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by BoboNogoDie: 10:32am On Aug 26, 2020
wink
Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Dikebuka: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2020
Watch how mainstream media will find a way of blaming Trump for this

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by jerryunit48: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2020
Choi ! Hurricane Laura... Fear women una go dey argue , see how Laura just send everyone running away.
This is no joke women are dangerously powerful

4 Likes

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2020
Oga righteousness, you nor dey tire oh

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:33am On Aug 26, 2020
It is well.
Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2020
this is seriously serious
Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Okobaba1(m): 10:33am On Aug 26, 2020
Does your child know how to code?

Are you really preparing them for future of work?

Do you know that the Top 5 Richest Companies in the World today are no longer oil companies or Construction companies?

Also, the top 5 Wealthiest persons are from the Tech industry.

Today, Tech companies are dominating the World’s economy.

Your level of success in the future would be determined by your ability to solve problems.

In Collaboration with Greenbytes Digital Solutions, we are organizing a 2-weeks Virtual Coding Camp for kids.

The Virtual Coding Camp for Kids offers unique programs where kids will be introduced to computer programming especially in the area of web development using languages like HTML, CSS and Javascript.

To learn more, call me on: 08058109474

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by politicsng: 10:33am On Aug 26, 2020
Hurricane Laura Ikeji

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by lekki1444: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2020
shocked
Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Nelly4you: 10:34am On Aug 26, 2020
may God help us
check my signature
Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by bobwizzy1(m): 10:34am On Aug 26, 2020
Old people dey fear to die too
Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by hairdeals247(f): 10:34am On Aug 26, 2020
Us and hurricane.
Re: Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 26, 2020
May God help them.

Natural disaster been displacing families in the US since AD.

This is back to square one. Getting another good school for the children, getting used to and settling into a new environment that may not even be their choice. That is why I keep saying I don't fancy abroad.

May God help them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Finland Plans To Build Barriers On Its Border With Russia / Joe Biden Reunites With Barack Obama At The White House (Pictures) / President Al Bashir “escapes” From South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.