Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Anambra 2021 Governorship Contenders. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021 Governorship Contenders. (167 Views)

Anambra 2021 Governorship Election: Soludo Gets APGA Ticket / ICC Job: Ishaq Bello Ranked Low Amongst 20 Contenders / 10 Billionaires Eye Anambra 2021 Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra 2021 Governorship Contenders. by Totobulie: 1:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
This write up is intended for critical thinkers. If you think less, don't waste your time.

Anambra people should keep voting wisely. Governor Dr Ngige did well, Peter Obi did well, Obiano is trying his best too... Remember we voted them all with very minimal godfathers influence

Also remember we kicked out governor Mbadinuju (he was loyal to a godfather named Mr Ofor. Ofor wanted Mbadinuju to remit millions monthly from the state account). We fought alongside Ngige bc he stood against his supposed godfathers which are Andy Uba and Obasanjo, Anambarians fought them to stand still.

In Anambra governorship elections, votes count... Let's do it again.

We have six possible contenders in the coming 2021 Anambra governorship election.

1. SENATOR EKWUNIFE
2. PROFESSOR SOLUDO
3. SENATOR IFEANYI UBA
4. Dr. MADUKA
5. Mr. IKE OLIGBO
6. Mr. TONY NWOYE

*SENATOR EKWUNIFE*
I see Anambra governance as the most Difficult in Nigeria, this is bc almost every one in Anambra state is not answerable to anyone, everyone has his or her own unique opinion drawn from critical personal thinking, for this reason it makes the state difficult to govern. If you want something from ndi Anambra, you need to convince them individually and not collectively unlike what happens in some other places where one man can be the critical thinker who decides what song is played and what dance steps are used. Ekwunife might not be able to handle Anambra people(she stands to prove me wrong though, hope her amazonic attribute helps her succeed).

*PROFESSOR SOLUDO* (likely PDP)
Peter Obi did a lot in town and village roads, Agriculture, Security and most especially Education(highest funder of education till date). Obiano continued from where Obi stopped, did more roads and other infrastructure that is ongoing till date.
I think we now need people like SOLUDO to bridge the gap by applying some economic principles that would put these few infrastructure into use. A lot is already on ground to work with and keep any governor busy for the next 8years. I am yet to see a governor that is thinking totally outside the box... Is Anambra too small to go into micro chip development? No! So we need good policy makers to cook the whole process and find a way to convince igbo billionaires to invest in chip production bc that's the heart bit of the whole world(chips are found in almost everything gadget today, phones, TVs, planes, PCs, hi-tech guns, etc. Remember it was the government that wooed coscharis to come into farming and invest that much money....

SENATOR IFEANYI UBA.
Uba would definitely want to go the infrastructure way too, for the next 8 years if elected... My take is let's leave infrastructure governors for now and bring in governors that would make outstanding policies and rake in/raise investments that would put the new infrastructure in work.

4. Dr. Maduka (Read up his works and achievements)
Much has really not been done in the health sector in Anambra. Go to the USA, you will find a lot of successful Igbo doctors. My Aunty once told me that a siting governor in the US is her personal patient and that a lot of US senators also has african doctors too. Maduka has decided to bring it home. What do you think would happen if 8years is giving to a seasoned Doctor(Dr Maduka) who has practiced in a country with the highest standards In most profession(USA)? He has vowed to make Anambra a medical research hub. He would replicate the facilities he single handedly built abroad... This man has no African mentality of let's suck the masses dry... Free health care is his second name... If he loves money, he would get it in abundance abroad. He has vowed to rake in one of the biggest cardiology center to the state. People will come from African countries for major operations, treatments and research work, instead of going to far away India. Viable Medical Research centers will show that Crude oil is child's play to wealth creation.

Mr. Ike Oligbo
He is an international security guru. Anambra for now is amongst the most peaceful state in Nigeria... The fulani, bandits, and herdsmen, and other violent groups has less effect in the south east especially Anambra unlike in the SW and North(worse hit unfortunately). Militants are more located in the southern core. I don't think Anambra needs a security expert for now(Obi and Obiano has worked on the security area to a manageable level). Mr Oligbo might end up being an infrastructure governor as well.

Tony Nwoye.
He is the youngest again(Chai). Tony without being told might be like other governors who focus on infrastructure.

Please Note. My point is that the infrastructure on ground should be put to good use first before spending a state's hard earned money for more infrastructure.

What is the use of constructing more roads in the deep villages when the ones constructed has not been fully put to use.

Policies that would attract people from China(tech), India(drugs), Japan (auto and tech) to fly directly from their various countries to Anambra international Airport is welcomed, this will put the ongoin Airport infrastructure to use.

Please contribute wisely... Make a choice or more out of these candidates and state your reasons why you have made your choice.

Let the debate begin.....

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo, ESP And Nigeria’s Economic Survival / ... / Again, Fani-kayode Attacks Another Journalist In Latest Video In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.