Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know (920 Views)

When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby / How To Bond With Your New Born / Father Bathes His New Born Baby: "My Wife Needs Rest" (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by elroyale(m): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2020
Babies are beautiful!

This is an indisputable fact anywhere in the world,

It can't be just me who has this tempting desire to kiss any baby I come across. grin

Nevertheless, beyond the cuteness and whole awesomeness of babies, these little bundles of joy are unique in a lot of ways,

Here are some mind-blowing facts that you probably don't know about your little one.

7 Amazing facts about New Born Babies

1. They have more bones than adults

You must be wondering, how? where? what?
Well according to biology, an adult has about 206 bones but babies are born with 300 bones!
Nevertheless, as they grow older, the number of bones turn to what we have in adults

For example, the skull starts as three pieces of bone joined by cartilage, so that it can fit through the birth canal. This is why your baby's head has soft spots, but these pieces eventually join to make one solid bone.

2. Babies don't produce tears

You'll probably want to dispute this,

Calm down grin

Babies cry a lot and this is a very obvious fact, but if you carefully observe, there are no actual tears on their cheeks. The reason is that, while newborns are born with tear ducts, there is only enough water produced to protect the eye so there is no excess left to roll down the cheeks.

The tear glands develop in one to three months and eventually, babies start producing tears.

Isn't it amazing?!

3. Babies are born without a sleeping pattern
You must have wondered why these little humans would suddenly decide to keep the whole house awake all through the night.

In the first few weeks of babies development, they tend to sleep more often regardless of the time of the day. Over time they would learn the difference between day and night and gradually start to sleep more at night when things are calm and quiet

4. They have more taste buds than adults

It is quite incredible when you realise that babies have more taste buds than the average adults.

An adult has about 10,000 tastebuds but a baby is born with over 30,000 tastebuds on their tongues and the roof of their mouth!

5. Babies have surprisingly tiny stomachs

This is the reason why newborn babies need to feed often.

Their stomachs are as small as walnuts! �

I'm not exaggerating this fact, babies actually have small stomachs when born but at the end of the first week, there would be a significant increase in their stomach size.

6. Babies learn faster than adults

Babies learn faster than you, yes you!

From the womb, babies start getting used to their environments, the voice and sounds they hear.

Their brains are forming connections at an incredible rate, so babies are very quick to pick up new things in the first months of their lives. So say nice things always when you are with a baby wink

7. They are natural pro swimmers

This is my favourite fact,

Babies are natural born pro swimmers, they have natural aquatic instincts when in the water!. They learn this talent while in the womb but begin to lose this ability around the 6-month mark.

These are just few of the numerous incredible facts about newborn babies if you are a parent or you hope to be soonest, it is really important you began to understand your baby's needs.

Try to see the world in a baby's point of view, you'll be amazed at what you've been missing all these while �

If you know more beautiful facts about babies, kindly share below wink

We have some fantastic baby products for you and your little one,

Check them out on Bas Mall Online Shopping Mall

https://www.basmall.com.ng/pages/search-results?q=baby

Source: Bas Mall Blog

[url]https://www.basmall.com.ng/blogs/news/7-incredible-facts-about-new-born-babies
[/url]

5 Likes

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by Ajilla(m): 4:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
Wonderfully beautiful... I hope to have one or three in the nearest future

3 Likes

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by fati2001(m): 4:54pm On Aug 26, 2020
Wow, and I love babies!
Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by linnyx: 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
Babies taste colours. Such wonderful creations
Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by oluwatosink: 6:27pm On Aug 26, 2020
8 ) Babies/kids are always cute and cool to be with .
Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by Nephilim: 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lolz.. Really!! baby can swim! Tell me more grin

1 Like

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by oluwatosink: 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2020
6) Some kids grow up to be sharp/Smart right from small. it depends on their parents trait,behaviors and genes. Children behaviors are a replica of their parents or grandparents behaviors/trait.

i love staying and being with kids, it is fun and entertaining to me. cool .

1 Like

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by Noloss(f): 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
Incredibly awesome.

1 Like

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by kpakpankolo: 8:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
they don't produce tears, they are natural pro swimmers, they have more bones than adults op are kidding me

1 Like

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by OlawaleBammie: 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Nephilim:

Ahh I tink say Na only me see am oo cheesy cheesy cheesy

A bn wan tell him say if hin born hin pikin make he troway am put for inside swimming pool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by LadySarah: 4:44am On Aug 27, 2020
In a Nigerian forum, this post with an African baby will blend well.

1 Like

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by Mindlog: 5:45am On Aug 27, 2020
Babies' world is really exciting, such much to learn.

1 Like

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by cassidy1996(m): 8:57am On Aug 27, 2020
beautiful creatures

1 Like

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by nautybride: 9:18am On Aug 27, 2020
Babies make wherever they are fun. To all TTC, may Jehovah smile on you all. Amen.

That sleeping pattern is the most stressful for new mothers.

1 Like

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by elroyale(m): 10:37am On Aug 27, 2020
Nephilim:

Well, they don't actually swim grin but, most human babies demonstrate an innate swimming or diving reflex from birth until the age of about six months
Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by Liposure: 11:08am On Aug 27, 2020
fati2001:
Wow, and I love babies!
me too

1 Like

Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by merieam16(f): 11:46am On Aug 27, 2020
Liposure:
me too
me three kiss
Re: 7 Incredible Facts About New Born Babies That You Probably Don't Know by anthonyuncle(m): 7:57am On Aug 28, 2020
8. they are more expensive to maintain than adults

(1) (Reply)

. / Brand New Home Essentials At Discount Price / When Your Wife To Be Always Take Instruction From Her Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.