Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,993 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? (55649 Views)

The Pool Party That Got Many People Wasted(wet Wild 'n' Wasted By Dj Val) / Big Boys Slap Their Friend With Money, Wake Him Up With Money On His Birthday / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Angelacruz: 5:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
Rosarie:
The number of card we printed.500.
The food we cooked,buying cow ,chicken and turkey.
Three bags of rice.
Bachelor's Eve with was not important.
The traditional musician who never played.
We doing trad and white on different days.
So many unecessary expenses.
My hubby learnt the hard way cos all I said then fell on deaf ears.
His relatives kept encouraging him to plan a big wedding.after wedding it was very tough .thank God for God.
Now he does not joke with my opinion.
He is even the one advicing people to do a very small wedding and plan with the rest after marriage.

wow!

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Qtsnow(m): 5:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
Mine was a parlour wedding at an agreed venue with my in-laws, well decorated with enough food and drinks to go round. No alcohol.

Only regret was the ₦4500 shoe I specifically bought for the wedding, which stayed on the shoe rack for almost 3years without me wearing it more than 7times. But thank God I decided not to buy am expensive one.

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Angelacruz: 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
afonjabreed:
See as People dey lie
asin
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by WandaMaximoff: 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
AndikanEssien:

Hahaha. That's the unfortunate experience for many ladies. Many end up looking different and ugly because of heavy makeup

Never again.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by moneyissweet(m): 5:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
The kind of guy you you wish to marry right? You girls think that all the men on nairaland are jobless assholes.

tabithababy:

cheesy. Whao.. You are such a rich guy

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ojun50(m): 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
LegitDeals247:

U mean your wedding no reach 1m??

If yes pls how did you do it

I did compound wedding and court wedding

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:17pm On Aug 26, 2020
Built2last:

My wife wont agree oooo.

she said her daughter will wear it if her daughter refuses, she will auction it.

What of her daughter is not same size as her ?
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by pocohantas(f): 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
I have never been a fan of weddings. I even struggle to honour wedding invitations, so I always knew it will totally wear me out.

Stress, wearing tight fitted clothes, greeting so many people that do not like or wish you well! Ewww! I can’t deal with all that inside one hall. I’ll pass out!!!

I am the type to marry quietly today and greet you tomorrow like nothing happened. Shebi it is my husband and marry? grin grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by maasoap(m): 5:18pm On Aug 26, 2020
Rosarie:
The number of card we printed.500.
The food we cooked,buying cow ,chicken and turkey.
Three bags of rice.
Bachelor's Eve with was not important.
The traditional musician who never played.
We doing trad and white on different days.
So many unecessary expenses.
My hubby learnt the hard way cos all I said then fell on deaf ears.
His relatives kept encouraging him to plan a big wedding.after wedding it was very tough .thank God for God.
Now he does not joke with my opinion.
He is even the one advicing people to do a very small wedding and plan with the rest after marriage.

Experience is the best teacher

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Yeyenairaland(m): 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2020
The whole event

I would have done only traditional wedding and shun white

White wedding is trash

5 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by pocohantas(f): 5:21pm On Aug 26, 2020
Yeyenairaland:
The whole event

I would have done only traditional wedding and shun white. White wedding is trash

Should be banned and punishable by 5yrs imprisonment.

Dodges Ishilove’s shoe. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
Men are real creature
Op said her Madam wore her wedding gown for two hours and since then the expensive wedding gown is no longer useful
But we men can still wear our suit a million times grin
Like if you believe we men are wonderfully made
Share if you know am saying some real shi grin

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Kwinesther: 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Especially those lashes. It does not add a single drop of beauty to women. I wish they knew.Their eyes get reddened, they keep blinking non-stop. Hair do and facial make-up is okay, but not lashes.
I wish my fellow ladies knew this or maybe it's because I don't really like it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Klass99(f): 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by orimipe(f): 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
The Ushers!

They were such a waste.

Didn't even notice them at the event.

Then the MC

The guy no sabi shit lipsrsealed

Then my decorator forgot to set up the high table cheesy after paying her those plenty ego tongue

In all, it was a great event cool

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by hartson(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chii59:
I want a small outdoors wedding.
Not more than 50 people.
No selling of asoebi or whatever.
Everything under budget.
But don't joke with the ring. I want a quality ring to last me at 15 years before getting a new one.
we are on the same page.hit me up let's rub minds .no time

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by ezechi24(m): 5:29pm On Aug 26, 2020
adanny01:
I paid 40k deposit for my wedding video, I am yet to see it 9yrs after.

My photographer's studio was burnt to ashes 2 weeks prior to my wedding. I had paid the deposit so he showed up with a small borrowed camera.

The reception tent i paid for was not there, it was a shouting match a 2 days later. Thank God I didn't pay upfront. I just accessed what they did for canopies, chairs and decor then balanced up.

I even bought a suit for one of my groomsmen, he never showed up. The supplier was generous to refund me.

5 cows were killed in 3days at my wedding, yet there were complaints of shortage of meat.

The only compensation was that my mum never misses a wedding, so people retaliated. She smiled to the bank.

Mod:
Oh! I forgot to mention that the whole set of boxes and the expensive wrappers that her family made me buy was stolen 3 months after the wedding. 3 Judge, 3 Super wax, 3 holladais, 3 English wax, 3 lace, 3nos of every wrapper when they first asked for 6 each. Including wedding ring, the English and Dubai gold sets, hand bag and shoes. Everything was stolen by armed rubbers.

Abi na you send them go collect your property back... grin

2 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Gamesmart: 5:34pm On Aug 26, 2020
Baybii:
Can't you resell some things? Like the gown. If you feel you wasted so much money. I'm sure a gown of that price would still be good enough to fetch you some money.

No 1: You have to find other women of the same size and maybe body shape.

No 2: Reduce that population to those that want that particular dress.

No 3: Further reduce it to those that are willing to buy second hand/bend down clothes for their wedding day.

No 4: You are unlikely to reap more than 40% of your purchase price back despite all this effort.

It just does not make sense to waste so much money from the start.

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Gamesmart: 5:36pm On Aug 26, 2020
DEXTROVERT:
My wife's wedding gown
Rented It at 17k
she wore it for 2hrs
And that's all
imagine that.

I thank
God
it was during corona
so the total money spent for the wedding was 37k..

Absolutely great day of your life.

You did not waste your comfort and children's inheritance.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by DaRuud(m): 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2020
Couples Canopy and Chair ,
My wife's sisters and aunties instigate her that we must the costliest canopy separately , we end up paying 50k for canopy we didn't spend an hour under it

LadySarah:
grin
My MC.He was already paid in full!

Dude came drunk claiming he was waiting for us for reception and decided to take some bottles.

By 11am,we were already at the reception hall.

It was the chairman that took over and handled everything. Thank God for that man that day.

When he started talking nonsense,we felt like the ground should just swallow us!

Let me not even remember "the church committee of friends" that stole our wines and wedding gifts.The caterer later called us at night that they were fighting over who gets what! Lol

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
Different types of lies angry
If you're yet to get married say the truth we won't bite you,who knows you might even get hook up from there
You're not doing yourself any good when you're lieing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Baybii: 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2020
Gamesmart:

No 1: You have to find other women of the same size and maybe body shape.

No 2: Reduce that population to those that want that dress.

No 3: Further reduce it to those that are willing to buy second hand/bend down clothe for their wedding day.

No 4: You are unlikely to reap more than 40% of your purchase price back despite all this effort.

It just does not make sense to waste so much money from the start.

I totally understand. I was only offering a solution since the wedding gown has already been bought.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Baybii: 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
shadeyinka:

Baybii feel that a person should be able to sell off her expensive gown to someone else.

Unfortunately, a wedding gown is no investment. Once it is worn even if it is for 1 hour, it looses nothing less than 50% of its original price.

There is no way wisdom in purchasing an expensive wedding gown.

I totally understand. I was only offering a solution since the wedding gown has already been bought.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Aghaclem67: 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2020
Two Coaster buses for relatives from village, hall decoration and hiring very expensive event center, live band and DJ, expensive car hire and hotel accommodation for bride maids grin grin grin. Afterwards I realized that the wedding ceremony is not as important as the marriage itself.

12 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Baybii: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2020
ninocia18:

It will be obsolete by now.

Yeah, I get.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by LEvuls(m): 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2020
Pearly255:
I’m not married undecided
Hi can I get to know you
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by seunny4lif(m): 5:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
Budget like 500K because of Covid19 and that’s all

taiwo92:
I have 1.5m and I plan to marry soon. Have been away from Nigeria for a while now, what n what will u advise me to do and don't.
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Gamesmart: 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chii59:
I want a small outdoors wedding.
Not more than 50 people.
Everything under budget.
But don't joke with the ring. I want a quality ring to last me at 15 years before getting a new one.

Sensible girl.

1 Like

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by oka4ugoo: 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2020
[quote author=Chii59 post=93248670]I want a small outdoors wedding.
Not more than 50 people.
Everything under budget.
But don't joke with the ring. I want a quality ring to last me at 15 years before getting a new one. [/quote

Permit me to make it happen latest next yr
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by oka4ugoo: 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
[quote author=Chii59 post=93248670]I want a small outdoors wedding.
Not more than 50 people.
Everything under budget.
But don't joke with the ring. I want a quality ring to last me at 15 years before getting a new one. [/quote

Permit me to make it happen for us latest next yr. I'm serious
Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Lexusgs430: 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2020
I did not experience any waste...........

My Tux was hired, gown was hired, friends suits hired, shirts hired, trousers hired, our shoes from the one's we already had etc etc

I planned it meticulously.......... grin

Although we had over a thousand people in attendance (was happy with that expense)...... It was a wedding on a Thursday (the attendance shock us)..... But i was fully prepared for them too...... cheesy

NB : The money saved was spent on very expensive rings (still looks new). Over 20 years later.......

3 Likes

Re: What Was That Thing You Later Realised You Wasted Money On During Your Wedding? by Queenoffucks(f): 5:47pm On Aug 26, 2020
Getting a humvee-5 at 57.67 million minus clearing o. Only for supposed husband to end up not knowing how to fvck as hard as I'd anticipated afterwards.

Well guess what I fvcking did.
Fvcked his best man
Fvcked his best man's other friend
Fvcked our security guy for some time before firing him.

Now, if you're reading this
Fvck you
Fvck weddings
Fvck Buhari

Queenoffucks

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

UNN Lecturer Constructed Wedding Invitation Card Using B.sc Project Format / Bride Intercepted On Her Wedding Day By Another Man She Promised Marriage In Oyo / Retired Naval Officer Buried In A Ship-Like Casket In Cross River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.