Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More (58769 Views)

What You Must Know About The New Electricity Tariff Hike / Households Under Pressure As New Electricity Tariff Due July 1 / The New Electricity Tariff Across The Country Approved By Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by murmee: 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
mamaafrik:
They should sell the meter like phones through accredited sellers ,then you call nepa staff for connection and installation,pay them and we are good to go,if this is done,power situation will improve drastically.
That should be the proper way to go. People should be able to go to shops approved by Discos to buy and install the Prepaid Meters. People must also be allowed to take responsibility for how they consume electricity. A situation where someone will be served with outrageous electricity bill for energy not consumed it's most unfair!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by tunjidachosen(m): 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
GamalNasser:

Why will you commend this when the earning power of Nigerians is at its lowest ever ..

The issue between the rich areas and the poor areas shouldn't even come up because Naturally the rich spend more on Electricity because the naturally consume far more per hour than the poor can even consume in week and so this makes up for any disparity ... We should be careful about making succeess look like evil and stop all this pitching the poor against the rich because of politics ...can the poor pay the amount tax the rich pays ? Can the poor contribute to society like the rich does ?

And lets not forget most Nigerians highbrow areas are also filled with average and poor people .... Besides what criteria is even used to Judge this ... the only factor that should be used is metering and it's already done ..those with 3 phase meters pay more for both the meter and electricity than those with single phase

You get sense jare

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Blakpot: 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2020
There u go! Another bragging right for Buhari's supporters
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Okuda(m): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2020
baliyubla:
Even as a strong critic of the dullard, will commend him on this, if it’s fully enforced. There was just no sense in expecting an Ikoyi boy to pay same tariffs with a Mushin boy.

Will further advise that luxury items should also be taxed heavily.

this is a very trashy comment. why would i pay electricity bill based on the fact that i am rich? is electricity a luxury good? even abroad , its not charhed that way. you pay for what you use. its apparent that rich people probably have more to do with electricity as per appliance and all but if a rich person uses the basic things a normal person uses, why does he have to pay more because he is supposedly rich. besides how do you classify who is rich or not in nigeria. this country is useless....
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Blitzerz: 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
Okuda:

this is a very trashy comment. why would i pay electricity bill based on the fact that i am rich? is electricity a luxury good? even abroad , its not charhed that way. you pay for what you use. its apparent that rich people probably have more to do with electricity as per appliance and all but if a rich person uses the basic things a normal person uses, why does he have to pay more because he is supposedly rich. besides how do you classify who is rich or not in nigeria. this country is useless....
Honestly
Dont mind that BMC agent.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by murmee: 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2020
stonemasonn:
People should pay based on the amount they consume not where they live.
That's right. And it is only Prepaid Meters that can make that possible!
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Xano(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
SmartProf:
From the post, the basis for classification appears to be based on residential areas being categorised as rich or poor smiley. Meanwhile in some cases, rich people build or live amongst people in poor residential areas and vice versa. How will that be sorted?

LOL

Some well-to-do people live among middle class, on rare occasions among low class earners.
Kindly allow them to live in peace, mbok.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by VEE2010(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2020
I can sense a good intention on the part of the current administration to improve the power situation, but I can also notice another twist that the Discos will use to further subject the poor to more darkness.
I'm sure the areas classified as "poor" will be overlooked while the "rich" areas will be saturated with good amount of energy since they can actually afford the hike.
The solution which, in my opinion, will suit our country best is to abolish the national grid policy. Let the states manage their power individually. Those who can attract investors without federal interference can conveniently do so
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Jaycom5: 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2020
So bubari. Can diff between the rich and poor. Sitdow there they laugh. Na poor man go suffer am pass. YahooHarri
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Franking: 6:53pm On Aug 26, 2020
What's the point? With prepaid metres how do u know a richman?
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by ikorodureporta: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
d idiots are only interested in causing more hardship to us
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Enyimbamercedes: 6:56pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lol!!

Rich Nigerians to pay more!

Mr President, apart from your cabal members, how many Nigerians has your economic policies made richer?

This year go rugged oooooo....
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Heybeedee(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2020
Esseite:

Is obalende different from Ikoyi?
Is Ajah different from Lekki?
Is Mafoluku different from Ikeja Gra?..

Abeg make them come explain in clear terms what they mean by area for the rich and poor man area,I even wan know the area which my papa house fall for d two ..lol
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by dokie: 6:59pm On Aug 26, 2020
A
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
baliyubla:
Even as a strong critic of the dullard, will commend him on this, if it’s fully enforced. There was just no sense in expecting an Ikoyi boy to pay same tariffs with a Mushin boy.

Oga we need new sources of income, not heavy taxing.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by letitrainnow(m): 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2020
Improved
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by 2by40ft: 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
SmartProf:
From the post, the basis for classification appears to be based on residential areas being categorised as rich or poor smiley. Meanwhile in some cases, rich people build or live amongst people in poor residential areas and vice versa. How will that be sorted?
R3 dey for poor neighbourhood before?
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Harddiskng(m): 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
baliyubla:

What about the middle?! You are assuming that everyone in Ikoyi is rich, which is not the case. There are single apartments being shared by 3 - 7 trying to make a living while swimming against the tide of suffering this government is pouring their way.

By the way there are very rich people in Mushin.

It’s a dumb policy.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by frog12: 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
this is DISCRIMINATION against the RICH
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by 2by40ft: 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2020
Okuda:

Because you don't know the difference between R2 and R3 you ignorantly said all this
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Baybii: 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2020
CheGuevara101:

I no dey vex for you I just want to spark your brain so that you'll be aware of Nigerian govt mischief.

Lol. I already know oh. No be today Nigerian govt start to dey make audio promises. Na since the conception of the country.

But you no try as you call me Alice in Wonderland ohh sad
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by pmoye(m): 7:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
Silly people always happy with selective exploitation.
baliyubla:

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by utepu: 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2020
Okay, let see how this unfolds
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by CheGuevara101(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2020
Baybii:

Lol. I already know oh. No be today Nigerian govt start to dey make audio promises. Na since the conception of the country.

But you no try as you call me Alice in Wonderland ohh sad

As your alias implies you know you're my baby and I can't insult you.

Alice in wonderland was used here to describe your believe or hope in govt and not your person per se.

If I may ask, what's is your height?

Because I love my babies to be........

I reserve my comment till I get your reply.
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by OmoOshodi(m): 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
The poor areas are the Northern part of the country.....your guess is as good as mine...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by Baybii: 7:15pm On Aug 26, 2020
CheGuevara101:

As your alias implies you know you're my baby and I can't insult you.

Alice in wonderland was used here to describe your believe or hope in govt and not your person per se.

If I may ask, what's is your height?

Because I love my babies to be........

I reserve my comment till I get your reply.

Lmaooooooo. No dey whine me jor. Why did you derail to my height?? So you can really make jest of me? Lol! Because I no tall o. Around 5.2 or 5.3 sha
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by CheGuevara101(m): 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2020
Baybii:

Lmaooooooo. No dey whine me jor. Why did you derail to my height?? So you can really make jest of me? Lol! Because I no tall o. Around 5.2 or 5.3 sha

You're beautiful just the way you are.

I'm 6ft so it will make a good combo.

You know what I mean
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by lordswill03: 7:22pm On Aug 26, 2020
What about BEDC?
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by ogododo: 7:23pm On Aug 26, 2020
edoairways:

Really! But Warri gets more power supply than other areas
Ekpan, Ijapka light dull pass dullard
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by nedekid: 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2020
GamalNasser:

Why will you commend this when the earning power of Nigerians is at its lowest ever ..

The issue between the rich areas and the poor areas shouldn't even come up because Naturally the rich spend more on Electricity because the naturally consume far more per hour than the poor can even consume in week and so this makes up for any disparity ... We should be careful about making succeess look like evil and stop all this pitching the poor against the rich because of politics ...can the poor pay the amount tax the rich pays ? Can the poor contribute to society like the rich does ?

And lets not forget most Nigerians highbrow areas are also filled with average and poor people .... Besides what criteria is even used to Judge this ... the only factor that should be used is metering and it's already done ..those with 3 phase meters pay more for both the meter and electricity than those with single phase
Well said.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by lordswill03: 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2020
Rich people will just opt for inverter and solar system and won't bother
Re: Buhari Approves New Electricity Tariff; Rich Nigerians To Pay More by ajl: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2020
GamalNasser:

In fact, anyone who want can challenge this in the court and the individual will likely win because there is no justified criteria for this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Basket Of Tomatoes Is N25k In Lagos" - Moremi Ojudu, Daughter Of Buhari's Aide / I Don’t Know What Fuel Subsidy Means– Buhari / Lagos Driver Stabs LASTMA Official, Slits His Throat (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.