Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,984 members, 7,803,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. (49254 Views)

Best WAEC Students Get N200k Yearly Scholarship From Lagos Government (Photo) / 17 Year Old 2019 Best WAEC Student, Chisom Buried Amid Tears (watch Video) / See The Boy With The Best WAEC Result So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Muna4real(f): 10:30pm On Aug 26, 2020
Examination malpractice is becoming worse as the days go by especially and in fact, only in Nigeria. Students no longer read ahead for their exams. What they do, is to "gather " money for the exams. The rate of exam malpractice has risen to the extent that even parents are involved in this shameful act. Let me tell you my story.

I sat for my WAEC exams in 2017. I actually started preparing for my exams in ss2 ,because I knew that my parents will never ever pay for Expo, and so I had to respect myself and do my best. While the exam date was approaching, I discovered that most boys in my class were not coming to school frequently as they were . As the class monitor, I was always marking them absent in the school register. So one day I decided to ask them why they don't come to school as often, and they told me that they had to gather money for Expo . They said that they cannot kill themselves reading everyday when they can just pay to pass. I was half surprised because they were not doing well in class Afterall. I tried to make them drop the idea but it was a fruitless effort.

My principal later appointed a particular teacher to be the school's exam coordinator. This man Ehh, is the state's top run's man. He runs for waec, jamb, neco, post utme, in fact, he is a top runner( so he made us believe). As the exams were approaching, he started collecting money for Expo, and he collected based on the importance of the subject. Example

Maths -5000

English -5000

Chemistry -5000

Physics -5000

Biology 4000

Commerce -3000

Tie and die -1500,and so on.

Students were paying and since I couldn't pay, I was reading. I became as thin as a broom stick. The teacher was even registering people who will not even write the exams. Those ones payed about 60000 . They couldn't write because they were working. I got to know all about this because this teacher will tell us to our faces to bring our loved ones who are willing to pay.

When the exams came, the first subject we wrote was maths. My people, come and see runs. I haven't seen any like it in my entire life. Those who payed were sitting at the back while we were sitting at the front. Sometimes the invigilator will taunt us and laugh at us because we refused to pay. What surprised me more was the amount the invigilator collected. My people, he requested for 350000. My class was large and in fact, another school was joining us, so we were up to 300. Our "Expo teacher " payed the money and added a slaughtered fowl which he asked me to buy (as the prefect of the class). I didn't know that I was buying fowl for an Expo invigilator ohh. He just said that I should buy fowl and I bought.

Through out the days we wrote the exams, the invigilators were payed. The teacher was writing personally for those who couldn't come to the school to write. He would take answer booklets, ask other teachers for the answers to the ones he doesn't know (all teachers were working together), write for them and submit. I wasn't scared because I was confident in what I wrote and in fact, the exams were simple for me . I only had difficulty in physics.

My people when the results were out, I passed ohh but guess who was the best student. The best student of my school 2017/1018 session was a pump attendant at one filling station in sapele who didn't even know the address of my school. He was one of those students my teacher was writing for. Chai. Ahh this life no balance.

When will malpractice stop in Nigeria? When will our youths begin to see that malpractice damages the society. These days, there are half baked graduated everywhere. Why? Why can't they just put enough hard work if they want to pass exams? Why?

413 Likes 27 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Muna4real(f): 10:44pm On Aug 26, 2020
Chai! He was selling fuel while we were writing exams. How will Nigeria's educational system be in the next 5 years?

143 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Vyzz: 11:00pm On Aug 26, 2020
Muna4real:
Chai! He was selling fuel while we were writing exams. How will Nigeria's educational system be in the next 5 years?

In the next five years....

He might become the minister of education

491 Likes 36 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Muna4real(f): 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2020
Vyzz:

In the next five years....

He might become the minister of education

Nigeria is really finished then.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Kingnelson9: 11:05pm On Aug 26, 2020
Lol,
this ur topic is like elections in nigeria,your vote does not count.
so stopping exam malpratice is same as stopping vote rigging; the right path is known but with money it is not chosen.i dnt even see it ending

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by edoairways: 11:08pm On Aug 26, 2020
lalasticlala please move this to front page. This menace has to stop.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by epigramdigital: 11:16pm On Aug 26, 2020
Muna4real:
Examination malpractice is becoming worse as the days go by especially and in fact, only in Nigeria. Students no longer read ahead for their exams. What they do, is to "gather " money for the exams. The rate of exam malpractice has risen to the extent that even parents are involved in this shameful act. Let me tell you my story.

I sat for my WAEC exams in 2017. I actually started preparing for my exams in ss2 ,because I knew that my parents will never ever pay for Expo, and so I had to respect myself and do my best. While the exam date was approaching, I discovered that most boys in my class were not coming to school frequently as they were . As the class monitor, I was always marking them absent in the school register. So one day I decided to ask them why they don't come to school as often, and they told me that they had to gather money for Expo . They said that they cannot kill themselves reading everyday when they can just pay to pass. I was half surprised because they were not doing well in class Afterall. I tried to make them drop the idea but it was a fruitless effort.

My principal later appointed a particular teacher to be the school's exam coordinator. This man Ehh, is the state's top run's man. He runs for waec, jamb, neco, post utme, in fact, he is a top runner( so he made us believe). As the exams were approaching, he started collecting money for Expo, and he collected based on the importance of the subject. Example

Maths -5000

English -5000

Chemistry -5000

Physics -5000

Biology 4000

Commerce -3000

Students were paying and since I couldn't pay, I was reading. I became as thin as a broom stick. The teacher was even registering people who will not even write the exams. Those ones payed about 60000 . They couldn't write because they were working. I got to know all about this because this teacher will tell us to our faces to bring our loved ones who are willing to pay.

When the exams came, the first subject we wrote was maths. My people, come and see runs. I haven't seen any like it in my entire life. Those who payed were sitting at the back while we were sitting at the front. Sometimes the invigilator will taunt us and laugh at us because we refused to pay. What surprised me more was the amount the invigilator collected. My people, he requested for 350000. My class was large and in fact, another school was joining us, so we were up to 300. Our "Expo teacher " payed the money and added a slaughtered fowl which he asked me to buy (as the prefect of the class). I didn't know that I was buying fowl for an Expo invigilator ohh. He just said that I should buy fowl and I bought.

Through out the days we wrote the exams, the invigilators were payed. The teacher was writing personally for those who couldn't come to the school to write. He would take answer booklets, ask other teachers for the answers to the ones he doesn't know (all teachers were working together), write for them and submit. I wasn't scared because I was confident in what I wrote and in fact, the exams were simple for me . I only had difficulty in physics.

My people when the results were out, I passed ohh but guess who was the best student. The best student of my school 2017/1018 session was a pump attendant at one filling station in sapele who didn't even know the address of my school. He was one of those students my teacher was writing for. Chai. Ahh this life no balance.

When will malpractice stop in Nigeria? When will our youths begin to see that malpractice damages the society. These days, there are half baked graduated everywhere. Why? Why can't they just put enough hard work if they want to pass exams? Why?

Sweetheart, I'm not a novice but i weak for this one.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by hidhrhis(m): 12:27am On Aug 27, 2020
i graduated from command which is a military school, federal school and it is even the soldiers that will be giving the expo to the student on the exam hall without the supervisors knowing a thing
the supervisors always feel relax thinking the soldiers are there to supervise unknown to them they are only their to give out expo to those who paid
there is examination malpractice everywhere
those who we believe are guiding our student are the ones even encouraging them into this shit
it will take a miracle before examination malpractice can be eradicated

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Oladimejjy(m): 1:21am On Aug 27, 2020
Here in the North,the student don't even read at all.
Currently serving here and I have to write expo on the board every day of d exam!!!
They had English yesterday, I don't even bother to go.

165 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by ChemicalReaction(f): 3:34am On Aug 27, 2020
Highly classified U.S information;

1-10)ABBDECDBAA
11-20)BBDAAECAEE
21-30)CABEDDABAB

Five questions are wrong. Now switch to Essay.
Meanwhile, someone is by the gate waiting for external invigilators.
Coding began in Nigeria, I swear.

144 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by niceguy555: 3:47am On Aug 27, 2020
It will be difficult for examination malpractice to end in Nigeria this is because there is corruption in every sector of the society and those at top are encouraging this ugly behaviour. Students no longer read as they believed that their money can do the bidding for them. Let's shun examination malpractice. It's affecting our bones and arteries.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by MalaikaEH(f): 5:10am On Aug 27, 2020
Exam malpractice is caused by proliferation of schools and it's actually what the students want. New schools should meet certain criteria before they open. School authorities allow exam malpractice mainly because they have no or limited choice. I know of a school, two years ago, where the principal was new. He was the "born again Christian" type of person. While addressing the students on his first day, he told them that he will never allow exam malpractice of any type, especially in all external exams advising the students to study hard. This was before SS3 began their WAEC registrations. Out of over seventy SS3 students at the time, only six registered and wrote the exam at that school. The rest left for other schools where they thought they will feel free.

This year, the same principal is allowing malpractice at his school.

Stopping exam malpractice won't be possible unless all schools and parents take the decision collectively, which I doubt can ever happen with freewill. It can only happen when education authorities wake up and make laws that impose heavy fines on offenders.

Also, students who fail internal promotion exams should repeat the class as was the practice before. Only those who pass entrance exams should be admitted into schools. Admissions should not be an all comers affair.

If the education authorities at all levels will look into the aforementioned areas and device workable means of enforcing them, the system will cleanse itself with time.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Tillatalk: 6:26am On Aug 27, 2020
Not how far but how well

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by 4t4th(m): 6:44am On Aug 27, 2020
grin
Oladimejjy:
Here in the North,the student don't even read at all.
Currently serving here and I have to write expo on the board every day of d exam!!!
They had English yesterday, I don't even bother to go.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Psalmspsalms: 6:54am On Aug 27, 2020
Since we can't cheat nature and it has its own ways of balancing everything, you shouldn't be worried cos in a long run, the boys will definitely be separated from the men.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Camos: 7:03am On Aug 27, 2020
Exam malpractice is now a norm in Nigeria.

Waec supervisors are to be blamed for keen involvement in bribery.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by whemmytopsy(m): 7:05am On Aug 27, 2020
And one of the reasons why this will not stop is because of the new o'level plus jamb rating that forces students to hunt for higher grades to have a course of their choice, gone are the days that with C6 in your result plus good jamb score, you can get admission into any course of your choice including Medcine, on a level playing ground, we all know that having 'A' is a difficult one, yet students now need it to gain admission into their choice of course... Anything will have go for it, people that wrote WAEC like 10-12 years ago will agree with me that for a brilliant student to have 'B' in waec those days is a Herculean task, Now you see an obvious dunce having all 'A'.... If we continue with this same system of grading... We are Very Far from getting things right.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by IvarTheBoneless: 8:17am On Aug 27, 2020
This OP is from the South East and lives there.

So no surprise. Na miracle centres full there.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by femi4: 8:43am On Aug 27, 2020
People like that struggle in higher institutions

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Muna4real(f): 8:52am On Aug 27, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

I was raised in warri. I finished basic education there and moved to the east for my university education. Tribalism is bad. Stay away from it.

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2020
IvarTheBoneless:

Miracle centers are all over the country, good sir.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Meteng: 9:55am On Aug 27, 2020
MalaikaEH:
Exam malpractice is caused by proliferation of schools and it's actually what the students want. New schools should meet certain criteria before they open. School authorities allow exam malpractice mainly because they have no or limited choice. I know of a school, two years ago, where the principal was new. He was the "born again Christian" type of person. While addressing the students on his first day, he told them that he will never allow exam malpractice of any type, especially in all external exams advising the students to study hard. This was before SS3 began their WAEC registrations. Out of over seventy SS3 students at the time, only six registered and wrote the exam at that school. The rest left for other schools where they thought they will feel free.

This year, the same principal is allowing malpractice at his school.

Stopping exam malpractice won't be possible unless all schools and parents take the decision collectively, which I doubt can ever happen with freewill. It can only happen when education authorities wake up and make laws that impose heavy fines on offenders.

Also, students who fail internal promotion exams should repeat the class as was the practice before. Only those who pass entrance exams should be admitted into schools. Admissions should not be an all comers affair.

If the education authorities at all levels will look into the aforementioned areas and device workable means of enforcing them, the system will cleanse itself with time.
Some people are just too beautiful

4 Likes

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Meteng: 10:00am On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:
You've taken my breath away

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by primeedulab: 10:03am On Aug 27, 2020
Examination malpractice has really eaten deep into our educational system. Students must be groomed not to look at success based on passing examination only; deliberate effort must be made to try and work on the psyche of students that they can be what they want to be through hard work and determination. Examinations come in different form in life and we can't cheat our way through all the time. I am not in anyway promoting cheats. If we can only appreciate that the best way out of this mess is helping people, or students in this case, to learn how to independently think and not what to think, then I believe that's a big stride in curbing this corrosion called malpractice.

5 Likes

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by kings59: 10:30am On Aug 27, 2020
Exam malpractice is everywhere. Students no longer study, some now believe that with money, you get good grades.

This will also make the serious ones to stop reading. Just imagine someone who burns mid-night candle just to meet up with is syllables. Only to come to the exam hall and finds out that those who didn't read or dullard s are being helped. This would distract him/her....

The invigilators are to be blamed. They already made deal with the school before the start of the exam.

The only solution is CCTV

WAEC should employ some people good at CCTV monitoring, and it should be 10 persons per school with CCTV in every class used for the exam.

Now invigilators are present, CCTV monitoring agents are present, two soldier men, and 4 external invigilators fro WAEC

With this, it will be very difficult to cheat.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by merieam16(f): 10:33am On Aug 27, 2020
And der was a country..wonder wat it will look like in years 2 come
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Muna4real(f): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2020
Meteng:
You've taken my breath away

grin cheesy
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Meteng: 10:48am On Aug 27, 2020
Muna4real:

grin cheesy
Not funny. I'm serious
Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by Eileene(f): 11:04am On Aug 27, 2020
Most of these schools do not teach up to waec standards.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Best WAEC Student In My Set Never Wrote The Exam. by essy4060: 11:20am On Aug 27, 2020
My dream is to seeing all forms of educational disorders come to a halt; in 2 years time , I will put an end to all these. Please, mark today's date.
Muna4real:

Maths -5000

English -5000

Chemistry -5000

Physics -5000

Biology 4000

Commerce -3000

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aerial View Of FUTO Owerri- PICTURES / Female Student Of University Of Ghana Jumps To Her Death (Graphic Photos) / 'ASUU Strike Will Be Called Off From Today Or Tomorrow' - Adamu Adamu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.