Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 AM

How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? (34078 Views)

How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / 11 Things To Know About Accessing Mortgage With Your RSA Account- New Guidelines / Lagos, Kaduna, 9 Others Begin Pension Remittance Into Workers’ Rsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nelly4you:
Google is always there for u
For this one again? Please Google is limited. In fact very limited. He was wise to post it here

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Funkybabee(f): 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
quickly start your process now and wait for like 3years before your funs will be released

go and check if you are his next of kin before u commence on your letter of administration collection

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by IYANGBALI: 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Epstein:
You want to claim your fathers pension?

How can that be possible?
is he not his sun?was he not the one that burned him?
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Truthagent(m): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

Good. One hurdle crossed (still many more), but at least now you know you are dealing with NPF Pensions and not Stanbic IBTC Pensions for his retirement savings account.
i received a message of the total funds in the account
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by KLand(m): 8:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Did your father leave a will? If yes, he may have already stated how his assets will be distributed.

If not, then you will havr to go process a letter of administration first. That will make you the administrator of your father's estate on behalf of your family.

You will need it access the funds in his bank accounts.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by nobilie: 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
It is an unwise decision, not to carry your family along with your bank/pension details talk less of a police man whose daily movement is clouded with uncertainties except if a man is married to a bad wife.

So many unclaimed funds are diverted in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by nams77: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nbotee:
First things first, U will need a letter of Administration... Go to the state high court where u are and apply for a letter of Administration. And U are going to b needing the following requirements;
Death certificate(National Population commission)
Death Certificate or Medical cause of death report from the hospital.
A letter from his office identifying U and ur mother as the Next of Kin.
Note the court will require 2 ppl to b Administrators or executors of the letter of Administration issued. During the process the courts will issue U a bank certificate to his bankers (Remember to list all his account numbers and pension Administrator and Pin). The court will give u copies to b submitted to both his banks and his pension Administrators. U cannot begin any process until u get that letter of Administration.
Also note not to go to the pension office to submit any documents yet until U get the letter of Administration becos once U submit his death certificate and notify dem of his death, payments to his bank account will b stopped.(This is if U still have his atm or access to his bank account)

He will require both... Medical cause of death is also the death certificate from the hospital but banks and pension administrators would still require dat from the NPC becos it carries more weight.

Go to the General hospital close to u. They always have an NPC desk. Go with the death certificate from the hospital he died or beta jus in case. U know how naija works, U may have to part with some money... Also U will need to get urself and ur mum or the other next of kin a National Identity card if U do not have becos dat seems to b the official means of identification from both banks and pension managers these days.. Visit the IBTC pension office to collect a list of their requirements if possible but the most important at the moment is the letter of Administration. It could take U between 2 to 6months or more depending on how proactive the probate department in ur location is.. If U are in Abuja den U are in luck cos it took less than 3 months to get
Op, heed to this suggestion
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by tunjijones(m): 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

To the Op: do exactly what Nbotee wrote up there. Go to the Stanbic IBTC Pensions head office once you get these documents. The office address is below:

Stanbic IBTC Pension Managers
The Wealth House
1678 Olakunle Bakare Close
Off Sanusi Fanfunwa Street
Victoria Island Lagos
Nigeria

cc: Truthagent

P/S - I hope either your mum or one of your siblings is the next of kin? If not you might experience some hassles. Just be prepared.

He doesn't need to go to the head quarters of stanbic pension. He can walk into any stanbic pension to submit all those documents.

His pension doesn't have anything to do with bank since he is yet to retire.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by tunjijones(m): 8:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
ednut1:
stop displaying ignorance. So as he don die the bank should take it Make una dey use sense na.
Op contact stanbic and the police

The money is not with the bank. It's with the pension fund administrator (PFA).

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by tunjijones(m): 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
hatiri:
am facing the same problem bro,i lost my dad since may 2019,but i don't know where 2 start

Send me an email and I wld put you trough how to go about it at no cost.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by ednut1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 27, 2020
tunjijones:

The money is not with the bank. It's with the pension fund administrator (PFA).
you also quotes me to display ignorance. Is stanbic not also a PFA
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by mrksquare: 8:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
Even before you can access his contribution you must get a letter of adminstration from the probate registry. My spirit tells me your father died intestate. It is the letter that his PFA will act upon before releasing his contribution to his next of kin.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by tunjijones(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
cucumbae:
Sorry bro.You need to go to stanbic ibtc pension headquarters and ask for the procedure.You go spend money to do paperwork before them go pay his next of kin.

He doesn't have to pay much. He doesn't even need any letter of administration from the court. All he needs is a death certificate from the hospital he died where the cause of death will be stated. Then he goes to the PFA. He doesn't even need to go to the head quarters, he can walk into stanbic ibtc pension in the city he resides. Go with prove of identity and passports.

Before the father died he has filled a list of beneficiaries wit the PFA. He has the chance to put 5 people, 4 children and a spouse, apportioning any percentage he deem fits for any of his beneficiaries. Go with your proof of identity and other supporting documents and all things being equal you get your money within two weeks and at most 1 month.

The dad also has life insurance, he has to go to the NPF to get details of that. This may take a little while for him to get. But max is 6 months all things being equal.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by cedricksly: 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
magicminister:
Can’t add any meaningful knowledge but I always recommend letting Atleast your mom, siblings and your wife know your finances in and out. My mom has all my passwords to my bank accounts and sister does too.

Should anything happen to me, I want my family to be okay.
ur mum should be removed from this list, ur sister is okay.... Bcoz according to order of life pikin no dey die before mama
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by tunjijones(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
ednut1:
you also quotes me to display ignorance. Is stanbic not also a PFA

Bros are we fighting?
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by dingbang(m): 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
This life sef...work work work for another person to enjoy. The only thing my dad did give me is education. The rest I dey hustle am all by myself.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by tunjijones(m): 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
jagabanban:
All Police pension funds is maintained by Police PFA. He probably came across old documents when the funds were still with other PFAs. Stanbic IBTC Pension will still refer him to Police Pension.

Not all police are using the police PFA. It's optional. I have many police as clients.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by UDUJ(m): 8:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
tunjijones:

He doesn't need to go to the head quarters of stanbic pension. He can walk into any stanbic pension to submit all those documents.

His pension doesn't have anything to do with bank since he is yet to retire.

Yes, but applying from the head office is faster than applying from other branches, of which the application will still be sent to the Head office. And from experience most staff in local branch locations are not as learned and experienced as the ones in the head office. So he can get better assistance and information from the head office directly.

And why are you talking of a bank here? In which part of my post did I mention a bank? Stanbic IBTC Pensions is a PFA and not a bank. Cheers cool
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Oracleforce: 8:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Speak with one of the personnel in the Pension Company, they will tell you how to release your money. ...without passing through this rigorous process
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by tunjijones(m): 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

Yes, but applying from the head office is faster than applying from other branches, of which the application will still be sent to the Head office. And from experience most staff in local branch locations are not as learned and experienced as the ones in the head office. So he can get better assistance and information from the head office directly.

And why are you talking of a bank here? In which part of my post did I mention a bank? Stanbic IBTC Pensions is a PFA and not a bank. Cheers cool

Not ibtc PFA. They are very professional and IT savvy.

Once he enters one if their offices with all the required documents. It will be scanned immediately to the appropriate dept in the HQ.

He can even just put a call tru to the customer care line and he will be put through what to do.

Why do you think ibtc PFA is the best in the country.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by UDUJ(m): 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
tunjijones:

Not ibtc PFA. They are very professional and IT savvy.

Once he enters one if their offices with all the required documents. It will be scanned immediately to the appropriate dept in the HQ.

He can even just put a call tru to the customer care line and he will be put through what to do.

Why do you think ibtc PFA is the best in the country.

Dude Stanbic IBTC PFA is the one my company uses as well. So you don't need to tell me about them.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by idanone(m): 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
Truthagent:
Good evening great people of nairaland, I decided to table this issue here because I believe someone here must have an experience with this kind of situation.

I lost my dad recently, he is police man and he was in service for a long time . Just few years remaining until retirement, my dad was the kind of person that doesn't disclose much about his place of work, even to my mom. I was going through his phone today when I saw the RSA messages, I don't know anything about it. I am already making enquiries from other people, but any help from here will be much appreciated. The bank is stabic ibtc
1. Get his phone number
2. Get his mail
3. The pension code is always like this pen22334456
4. Go to stanbic bank pension web site
5. Reset the password
6 you can access it and change the next of kin if u are not OK with it
A message will be sent to rest the password
7. Then you can now proceed to stanbic bank you would have successful confirm the next of kin oooo because if wat u HV their does not correspond wen u get to bank u might not b able to change it ooo

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by passiveincome01: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
Gone without a trace
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Davryme(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nbotee:
First things first, U will need a letter of Administration... Go to the state high court where u are and apply for a letter of Administration. And U are going to b needing the following requirements;
Death certificate(National Population commission)
Death Certificate or Medical cause of death report from the hospital.
A letter from his office identifying U and ur mother as the Next of Kin.
Note the court will require 2 ppl to b Administrators or executors of the letter of Administration issued. During the process the courts will issue U a bank certificate to his bankers (Remember to list all his account numbers and pension Administrator and Pin). The court will give u copies to b submitted to both his banks and his pension Administrators. U cannot begin any process until u get that letter of Administration.
Also note not to go to the pension office to submit any documents yet until U get the letter of Administration becos once U submit his death certificate and notify dem of his death, payments to his bank account will b stopped.(This is if U still have his atm or access to his bank account)

He will require both... Medical cause of death is also the death certificate from the hospital but banks and pension administrators would still require dat from the NPC becos it carries more weight.

Go to the General hospital close to u. They always have an NPC desk. Go with the death certificate from the hospital he died or beta jus in case. U know how naija works, U may have to part with some money... Also U will need to get urself and ur mum or the other next of kin a National Identity card if U do not have becos dat seems to b the official means of identification from both banks and pension managers these days.. Visit the IBTC pension office to collect a list of their requirements if possible but the most important at the moment is the letter of Administration. It could take U between 2 to 6months or more depending on how proactive the probate department in ur location is.. If U are in Abuja den U are in luck cos it took less than 3 months to get

Nah God i take beg you...if u want to do letter of administration, don't dare go to Lagos State High Court..Them go exhaust financially plus frustration.. Go to another state to do it..
Imagining me doing mine then at Taraba Hight court..But I never want to Taraba.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nbotee(m): 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
hatiri:
am facing the same problem bro,i lost my dad since may 2019,but i don't know where 2 start

Jus follow the process I listed.. I lost my Dad in December 2018 though he was retired.. Started d process late last year and I've gotten his pension savings, bank balance and other investments

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by Nbotee(m): 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
Davryme:

Nah God i take beg you...if u want to do letter of administration, don't dare go to Lagos State High Court..Them go exhaust financially plus frustration.. Go to another state to do it..
Imagining me doing mine then at Taraba Hight court..But I never want to Taraba.

Did mine here in Abuja, got in in roughly 3months

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by tunjijones(m): 9:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

Dude Stanbic IBTC PFA is the one my company uses as well. So you don't need to tell me about them.

Dude ur company doesn't have anything to do with ur PFA. Your company can't choose the PFA u want, u have the liberty to use any PFA of ur choice.

This one u are saying it's ibtc PFA ur office uses... Am not understanding.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by nakoks(m): 9:10pm On Aug 27, 2020
Last last na me go approve the payment(sounds funny but 100% true).I hope you have the patience and tenacity it takes to get letter of administration(you will need it).Cross all your Ts and dot your I's cos if any kpekem i have pended your payment.lol
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by UDUJ(m): 9:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
tunjijones:

Dude ur company doesn't have anything to do with ur PFA. Your company can't choose the PFA u want, u have the liberty to use any PFA of ur choice.

This one u are saying it's ibtc PFA ur office uses... Am not understanding.

Bro let's end this discussion so quarrel doesn't come in here. Okay you win the argument. Are you happy now?

May be I should have said I chose stanbic ibtc pensions that would have made you happier.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by mechanics(m): 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2020
Try and know the next of kin and there are some documents you need to get his money in the law courts, it will take like 3 months, you also need a lawyer to guide you.
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by tunjijones(m): 9:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
UDUJ:

Bro let's end this discussion so quarrel doesn't come in here. Okay you win the argument. Are you happy now?

It's not abt a win and lose thing. We learn everyday. Not to say that some companies don't force their employees to use a certain PFA, but it's illegal.

So we both win at last...
Re: How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? by UDUJ(m): 9:16pm On Aug 27, 2020
tunjijones:

It's not abt a win and lose thing. We learn everyday. Not to say that some companies don't force their employees to use a certain PFA, but it's illegal.

So we both win at last...

Gotcha. Cheers bro cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coca-Cola Accused Of Abandoning Staff Who Was Amputated After Injury (Photos) / Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs In Nigeria / I Finally Re-signed And I'm Free From My Abusive Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.