Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:40 AM

Egg Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Egg Business (537 Views)

Anyone Into Egg Business? / I Want To Start Egg Business, Please Anyone Who Can Link Me. / Egg Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egg Business by cdm4live: 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2020
So I had to look for something to do. Went to a poultry farm to buy eggs. When I got there, the people selling were not around, they were yet to so I waited. Before my arrival, many other people were there. I initiated a chat with one guy there. He told me little about the business and so we waited together.
After about 45mins of waiting, the cashiers came and I approached them.
I have only thirty thousand naira to try this business. A crate is one thousand so, I needed 30. I was surprised to hear, we have no egg for you, come in the next two months.
I am so pissed. They have customers who buys more than 100 crates so, I wasn't given attention. I don't have a shop now and buying 100 crates when I have not tested the market seems odd. A friend is engineering me to buy the 100 but I haven't tried this market before and cannot risk that much for if now.
The guy I was chatting with told me of another location where I can get egg easily and in any quantity. The only problem is that he cannot ascertain how long the egg has been in their custody.
Nothing is really easy in this life.
I am looking forward to other type of businesses.

1 Like

Re: Egg Business by freeborn02: 4:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nice one

Meanwhile, follow me on Instagram and I will give you a free robot for trading boom and Crash for free. The robot is 98% accurate and has a good money management setting.

https://instagram.com/kyle_forexhub?igshid=1uk1yq4umnve7
Re: Egg Business by Redman44(m): 4:51pm On Aug 27, 2020
[quote author=cdm4live post=93285451]So I had to look for something to do. Went to a poultry farm to buy eggs. When I got there, the people selling were not around, they were yet to so I waited. Before my arrival, many other people were there. I initiated a chat with one guy there. He told me little about the business and so we waited together.
After about 45mins of waiting, the cashiers came and I approached them.
I have only thirty thousand naira to try this business. A crate is one thousand so, I needed 30. I was surprised to hear, we have no egg for you, come in the next two months.
I am so pissed. They have customers who buys more than 100 crates so, I wasn't given attention. I don't have a shop now and buying 100 crates when I have not tested the market seems odd. A friend is engineering me to buy the 100 but I haven't tried this market before and cannot risk that much for if now.
The guy I was chatting with told me of another location where I can get egg easily and in any quantity. The only problem is that he cannot ascertain how long the egg has been in their custody.
Nothing is really easy in this life.

I will not advice you to do any online business with the amount of money you have with you. I think you should ask around for other farms in the state you live in, where you can get fresh eggs at a lower amount. If you are buying a crate of eggs for 1000 Naira at wholesale price, how much do you want to sell your eggs to the end consumer? You need to dig deeper and look for Poultry farms where you can buy eggs for 850 Naira per crate cool cool cool. Try and raise extra money from your friends and siblings e.g starting with about 100,000 naira for this business is good. You can repay your debts to your siblings and friends when you start making profit. Look for farms in Ogun State and Oyo State who can offer you good wholesale prices per crate of egg. Stick with the egg business. Cheers.
Re: Egg Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 5:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
If you are buying a crate of eggs for 1000 naira, how much do you intend to resell? A crate of eggs from the retailers is sold for that amount, so what will you as the distributor gain by selling them at that same price? Absolutely nothing.

You can get them at a far lesser price if you patiently wait to search the market thoroughly.

1 Like

Re: Egg Business by Redman44(m): 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
If you are buying a crate of eggs for 1000 naira, how much do you intend to resell? A crate of eggs from the retailers are sold for that amount, so what will you as the distributor gain by selling them at that same price? Absolutely nothing.

You can get them at a far lesser price if you patiently wait to search the market thoroughly.

@UyaiIncomparabl, thanks for speaking the truth to the OP.

@ OP, do you have a Car? If you can drive and you have your own Car, please research Farms in Oyo State and Ogun State, and even Ikorodu in Lagos State. Use Google to draw up a list of farms in Oyo State or Ogun State. Drive down to these farms and get cheaper crates of eggs from them. You need to walk the walk to make profit from the egg business. You can get eggs at 750-800 Naira per Crate from these Farms. Then you can now sell at 1000-1100 Naira per crate to the end consumers. You can also go to the Agriculture Section of Nairaland to discuss with Egg Sellers and Farms on the threads there. Cheers.
Re: Egg Business by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
Redman44:

@ OP, do you have a Car? If you can drive and you have your own Car, please research Farms in Oyo State and Ogun State, and even Ikorodu in Lagos State. Use Google to draw up a list of farms in Oyo State or Ogun State. Drive down to these farms and get cheaper crates of eggs from them. You need to walk the walk to make a profit from the egg business. You can get eggs at 750-800 Naira per Crate from these Farms. Then you can now sell at 1000-1100 Naira per crate to the end consumers. You can also go to the Agriculture Section of Nairaland to discuss with Egg Sellers and Farms on the threads there. Cheers.

Exactly. There are Egg sellers on the Agricultural section on Nairaland, he should just be able to sieve the scam from the genuine ones.

Just like you said, he should be able to walk the walk if he wants quality, value for his money, and as well some profits to write home about.
Re: Egg Business by cdm4live: 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:
If you are buying a crate of eggs for 1000 naira, how much do you intend to resell? A crate of eggs from the retailers is sold for that amount, so what will you as the distributor gain by selling them at that same price? Absolutely nothing.

Thank you for this.

Redman44:

@ OP, do you have a Car? If you can drive and you have your own Car, please research Farms in Oyo State and Ogun State, and even Ikorodu in Lagos State. Use Google to draw up a list of farms in Oyo State or Ogun State. Drive down to these farms and get cheaper crates of eggs from them. You need to walk the walk to make profit from the egg business. You can get eggs at 750-800 Naira per Crate from these Farms. Then you can now sell at 1000-1100 Naira per crate to the end consumers. You can also go to the Agriculture Section of Nairaland to discuss with Egg Sellers and Farms on the threads there. Cheers.

No car yet. Farms complained about high rise of feed price. I will still go on search, thank you.

1 Like

Re: Egg Business by nafcy: 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2021
Farm fresh Egg available
Price: 1200/crate

(1) (Reply)

Need Betfair Account With Skrill Or Netteller Attached / Hamper Basket Needed Urgently / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.