Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination (56348 Views)

Have You Ever Been Denied A Job Because You Didn't Do Your NYSC? / Have You Ever Been Rejected For A Remote Job Because You're Nigerian. / Rejected For A Job Because I Was Too Short. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by kareemkamil(m): 10:44pm On Sep 13, 2020
Because you're a fool
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Humorme2(f): 10:51pm On Sep 13, 2020
Lots of hate towards the Catholic church on this thread. And the funny thing is we don't give a fvck

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by exponentfriday: 11:33pm On Sep 13, 2020
I think d job is meant for u, is possible God have greater plan for u and anything can be use to manifest His glory..
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Tonitoniton(m): 11:41pm On Sep 13, 2020
wunmi590:
Lala, please come and help me to push this to front page.

If we Christian's don't like each other and we begin to segregate between denomination, I don't see why this country won't divide into two.

I wanted to let it slide that is one of those things when job hunting, but I just have to let the cat out of the bag, because I don't want to start thinking about it as today is my birthday, I need to free my mind.

So sorry about the loose. But, it should be an eye opener. It is not just for the job but eternal life which is in christ jesus and not in Mary

Pls, use the opportunity to formally be born again. God is passing a message to u with this. Pls, dont miss the opportunity
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Joemetry(m): 12:45am On Sep 14, 2020
starrygal:
Catholics honour Mary because she is d mother of the one who redeemed us from our sins. If it was that easy,God for choose our mama to borne Jesus. She is Special whether you accept it or not. And please stop being the Judge of other people's belief. Run your own race and may the best man win.

Just refer these Protestants to Luke chap1.

They can directly go to verse 48 if the chap is too long to read.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Joemetry(m): 12:52am On Sep 14, 2020
femi4:
lol, why not honour Joseph too who stood by Mary and save her from embarrassment.

Nonsense excuse...mtheww

So, your fake pastors didn't tell you that we also honor Joseph and have a fist of saint Joseph that we celebrate too?

Peter on this rock I will build my church and neither will the gates of heaven or hell prevail against it.

Wey Islam for put una for pocket like say no be the same Marian prayer (hail Mary) during the crusade wet up til now all demonic gatherings de dread including una phony churches.

4 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Joemetry(m): 12:55am On Sep 14, 2020
peterbello:
All I know is her story isnt complete. She told it to suit herself. Meanwhile, the nature of the job is another thing. I know catholic organizations that don't employ other denominations too.

Name one bros, we employ even Muslims and atheists,,, how many Muslim doctors and nurses are running our hospitals here alone in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Joemetry(m): 1:41am On Sep 14, 2020
Powerfly:
You obviously quoted from the books of Ezekiel & numbers.. Which is the old testament.
When these ordinances you quoted where in practice, animal sacrifices and washing, sprinkling with blood and water was valid.. But all these ordinances pointed to the perfect and ultimate sacrifice of the shedding of the blood of Jesus for the remission of sins. These ordinances i mentioned have been modified by the TOTAL REDEMPTION PLAN OF CHRIST JESUS.
However.. Baptism by immersion is an outward demonstration of our inward faith. I never stated that baptism makes us born again. Just like taking the communion does not make you born again. By the way. I'm not born again yet. Yes! I am still a sinner. But that doesn't mean i should pretend that i do not know what is right and what the bible says.

I Believe the story. And i know they are right. You can't call yourself a born again christ and be frolicking in sin like me. No no. My mum use to say.. A sinner cannot be trusted. I rest my case.

Let me tell you Protestants one simple truth: you cannot know Christianity and even other religions more than a devote Catholic (by devote I mean one who studies the real Christian materials especially the ones not open to all you faux Christians)

You claim his passages are from the old testament but your tithe is also Jewish (even worse you lie to yourselves that those who don't pay will be cursed or know no prosperity)

The ten commandments you claim to practice are Jewish (old testament too) but when those who know Christianity better than you'll ever do reference to the old testament your daddy G.O with his bible knowledge starts saying old things are passed away.

The Bible is a Catholic book, compiled and arranged by the true church of Christ.
They gave it the name Bible, they have many materials that make the bible even more fascinating that maybe only a few Orthodox Christians know a pint of those things not the Nigerian Pentecostals.

The Catholic church is the manifestation of Christ' spoken words so your own words don't really count even though you have been told otherwise.

I am telling you this not because your evangelism for the next twenty-one centuries will make your church as big and worthy as the only one Christ' church but because you all Pentecostals are just deep in ignorance.

Even those who avidly studied Martin Luther have realised he made a mistake.

The bible (your new testament) warned against leaving the church and gave you all the directives on how to resolve everything about the church too but no, you'll think the word apostasy is an Islamic word.

You Protestants are the real first class apostates!!!

Go study without bias, don't think the bible has it all because according to you everything Catholic is evil, maybe you should think twice when next you want to read your Bible because your Bible is a humongous print of Catholicism.

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by foodonly: 5:27am On Sep 14, 2020
My Dear, please help me with the job let me apply. I will always be paying commission to u for one year. I need a job
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by ddeola: 5:33am On Sep 14, 2020
Many of them will get to heaven before they realize there is no denomination in heaven. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nephilim: 7:09am On Sep 14, 2020
UCMax1:
Idol worshippers you say? then why do you make use of the bible? why do you observe xmas and easter? why do you worship on sundays? these are feasts and rules made by the catholic church which are being copied by you pentecostals and other denominations......ask yourself where did all these churches i see pulled out from? which church did the early christians went and which church has the full documentation with proof of how the life of early christians went? if you can get an honest answer,then you would stop calling catholics idol worshippers
the picture has a lot to say, only a carnal person without the spirit of God to understand his word will stay in such gathering! Look at wat they are carrying! grin too bad!

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Powerfly(f): 7:15am On Sep 14, 2020
golddare:

Now you see why I said they are wrong to judge his salvation by the type of baptism he did.

The thief on the cross was never baptized and he made heaven.

If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Rom 10:9

the OP Is not the thief.. The op is not in prison or hospitalized. Besides.. The op should tell us if he/she is honestly born again. No be to claim am.. Is your life measuring or worth an emulation? Is it christ like? If yes.. Then no shaking. Job will come.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Powerfly(f): 7:28am On Sep 14, 2020
Haha.. You really did type all these for me?

I Believe that my bible contains all i need to know about God's love for mankind, mankind's nature, redemption plan for mankind, good and bad examples of those who chose to obey/disobey God and the eternal promises of God to all who would show complete obedience to his unfailling word.
Any other information i need to know would be revealed by the Holy spirit, when i begin to live right.
I do not attend a daddy G.O Church. And i do not condemn those who do.
If being catholic is the way to heaven then i'll pray for God to lead me on to a catholic faith. But my interest is making heaven, and spending my eternity in God's holy presence and love. Making GOD'S eternal kingdom and being a genuine friend of God is my greatest interest in Christianity. You need to stop feeling pained towards me. Peace!
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by maasoap(m): 7:41am On Sep 14, 2020
Ayotemide:
I am going to need receipts that this happened. I find it hard to believe. An European county with it's almost atheist population asking you to verify if you are born again is synonymous to Buhari suddenly being proactive in Nigeria. That is impossible.

Receipts please. So whatever legal action you want to take can be pushed for you to the far heavens.

Buhari is not proactive, you claimed? All of a sudden motor parks and market places bombings in Abuja stopped 100%. Churches and mosques weekly bombings became a thing of the past. Boko Haram no longer hoisting flags in any local government in the country. No more queuing for fuel for three days. Even a topic on Nairaland few weeks ago about improved electricity supply had up to 90% positive feedback. Should we talk about the new face of our railways?
When Jonathan was there, he couldn't see a single country to sell ordinary small arms and ammunition to Nigeria. But now, the almighty USA government championing the cause received direct payment of 1 billion dollars from Buhari for fighter planes.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by UCMax1: 8:15am On Sep 14, 2020
Nephilim:
the picture has a lot to say, only a carnal person without the spirit of God to understand his word will stay in such gathering! Look at wat they are carrying! grin too bad!
My dear carrying that statue doesnt mean worshippng it! i have attended catholic church even though i dont go to church again,they honour mary as the earthly mother of christ,joseph as the earthly guardian of christ,the apostles and martyrs hence the statues in catholic church unlike other churches that disregard these but honour their G.Os,his wife and family....they observe the traditions of moses as directed by God hence the utensils,holy communion,sacraments,priestly robe and incensce but they never worship mary or anybody except God Almighty. People like una go criticise moses and other prophets and priests for honouring the ark of convenants which is being represented by the blessed sacraments in catholic church. Remember,jesus never criticise the traditions of the church but observe them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by UCMax1: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2020
Nephilim:
Ask yourself which church was made by jesus through peter according to the bible? full documentation shows with proof that it is the catholic church,thats why you can find full documentations of the apostles,martyrs and early christians with them.....graves of peter and other apostles,cloak used to wipe the face of jesus on his way to calvary,jesus crown made of thorns,his cloak and many biblical scrolls of the prophets. Although I dont attend church,but i will tell who cares to know that its only catholics that observe full traditions of God's church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Alfredjones1(m): 8:59am On Sep 14, 2020
What a sheer wickedness, God will provide you with a better don't worry OK
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by golddare: 9:26am On Sep 14, 2020
Powerfly:

the OP Is not the thief.. The op is not in prison or hospitalized. Besides.. The op should tell us if he/she is honestly born again. No be to claim am.. Is your life measuring or worth an emulation? Is it christ like? If yes.. Then no shaking. Job will come.

That wa smy point.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by peterbello(m): 12:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
Joemetry:

Name one bros, we employ even Muslims and atheists,,, how many Muslim doctors and nurses are running our hospitals here alone in Nigeria?

Who is 'we'? Are you the Vatican or a Bishop? I can name more than ten. However, it doesn't change anything because I don't think you have any power to do anything about it.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by romenna: 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2020
I will call the caller's bluff and tell him I do not pander to the expectations of the sanctimonious.
#hogwash
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by UCMax1: 1:21pm On Sep 14, 2020
Nephilim:
Talking about carnal mind and spirit of God,no church has a large number of strong,anointed and charismatic clergies like the catholics....do you know how many persecution from pagans the catholic priests has suffered in many countries? even the late pope john paul had the heart to forgive an assasin who shot him at a fatal point before he died by preaching about repentance and asking the police to set him free! i have witness with my two eyes where different catholic priests or charismatic groups delivered evil possessed rivers,preaching in dangerous places where most pastors are afraid to go,delivering powerful witch doctors and demon possessed people,i am not a church goer but i wont hide the truth,somes of these deliverance happened before my very eyes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Joemetry(m): 1:40pm On Sep 14, 2020
peterbello:

Who is 'we'? Are you the Vatican or a Bishop? I can name more than ten. However, it doesn't change anything because I don't think you have any power to do anything about it.

Bros mention 10 or forever perish with your lies, you think Catholics are Pentecostals?

In Catholicism, I have the same right as the pope outside his administrative duties and his choice of celibacy so don't be surprised if I say we.., I know how every penny moves as the priests in my parish are not even in total control of oir money but the congregation just like the Church of old which we happened to be.

So tell me, how many hospitals did your G.Os the chief conmen who can even skew the bible to quench their thirst contribute to the pandemic, where they not only glamouring for the opening of their Jesus industries?

The Traditional church contributed all of her hospitals for both Catholic Christians and Christians of other creeds and guess what? For atheists and Muslims too.

That is what Christ wants not your monetised and a 1000% adulterated faux Christianity.

Remember Heaven and Hell's gate can't prevail against the church let alone you con artists claiming to be Christlike.
wink
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Ornelton(m): 1:43pm On Sep 14, 2020
John 17:21 That they may be one, that's was Jesus prayer for His people. Denominations is surely seperating Christians in this our era.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Joemetry(m): 1:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
Now that the pope is using all forms of diplomacy to get Christians a strong hold in Arab especially Saudi just the way the church has been doing since time immemorial, our Pentecostal brothers who have been brainwashed will not come along and face the mass slaughtering of our priest too.

But wait until we succeed in bringing Christianity with the power of Christ into this place, they'll now come and identity as the real Christians, condemn the Catholics to the people and still be miles behind the true church of Christ!

Funny people!!!

grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Joemetry(m): 1:50pm On Sep 14, 2020
Ornelton:
John 17:21 That they may be one, that's was Jesus prayer for His people. Denominations is surely seperating Christians in this our era.

When I tell them that Protestants com Pentecostals are the real apostates who have disobeyed Christ, they never understand because the bible is just not thought properly to them, only hate, prosperity, tithes and seed sowing are their. Benchmarks.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 14, 2020
daddytime:
Na wa oh.

Injustice and unfairness everywhere in the world.

Heal the world oh God and make it a better place devoid of prejudice, hatred, and bias.

Stay strong sis, a better one is on the way.

Heal the world, oh man, and made it a better place, devoid of prejudicr, hatred, and bias.

Let the change begin with you.

Nothing/one will help you achieve anything.

Call upon yourself and speak to yourself.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by Daniel2802(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2020
I carefully went from page 1 to here, hoping to see details of the job requirements and all that few people requested from OP and couldn't see it. Each job has it's requirements and it's the company's choice to do as it likes, that is if your story is true, which I highly doubt.

And all the people arguing since, una try sha. I believe everything is based on the person and not really religion or denomination or such. Each denomination has their fair share of good sides and bad sides. I can say I know very good people from the catholic church and very bad people from the same catholic church. I can say I know very good people from pentecostal church and very bad people from the same pentecostal church.

Humans will always discriminate once you're different from them, different in age, race, tribe, religion, denomination etc, that's just how the world is and will continue to be.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by BluntNigerian: 6:09am On Oct 01, 2020
wunmi590:
Good day nairalanders,

Sorry I have to write this, I have decided to keep it to myself but, I decided to let it out.

Just like every other job seekers who are looking for jobs either to switch to a better pay or change environment.

Though I have been out of job since the COVID-19 pandemic started, I worked in a retail company, but since we have not been called back, I decided to search for job.

I saw an advert and decided to submit my application, just like every other people, luckily after one week or two, I got a mail that I have been shortlisted for their online test and after I pass, I will move to the next stage which is virtual interview before coming to their office to sign my employment letter.

After the mail, like 3 days I got a mail containing my ogin and password for the test, fiam, I opened and I did the test.

After like another 3days, I got a mail from them that I passed the test and i should be expecting a whatsap call from one of their head office in Europe.

Luckily I got the call, from one of the European country number from a Nigerian, believing is the call that would change my life forever.

After the normal introduction and other things like the job functions, the real bible questions started which I was able to scale through it.

Towards the end of the virtual interview, the last question was are you a born again Christian, have you been baptised and what denomination are you?.

And I said yes I'm a born again Christian, I've been baptised and I'm a Roman Catholic.

At the end of my speech his response was, is not possible to be a Catholic and be born again.

He said once you were not taken to the river to be baptised that's not a baptism.

Catholics are not born again Christians and I'm not baptised too just because I was not taken to the river to be baptised.

His last statement was, you actually have the experience but, we need other denomination not Catholic that the job entails somebody who is a real born again Christian.

That was how I lost the job, thinking today being my birthday, I will go to church and do special thanks giving.
What is the name of the company, and the position you applied for??
Let's take it up from there.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by peters230: 7:15am On Oct 01, 2020
my brother that was not a real company... it was an occult thank GOD your baptism spoke for you... Glory to JESUS
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by EmmymTr(m): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2020
trutht828:

How are you sure the pastor isn't aware and that he didn't approve? Stop judging by physical appearance.

You have to have some good qualities, esp. you must attend WOLBI, you must have integrity, and you must be born again and member of salvation ministries.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by EmmymTr(m): 4:43pm On Oct 21, 2020
Danny50:
Those the the job stress.

You have to have some good qualities, esp. you must attend WOLBI, you must have integrity, and you must be born again and member of salvation ministries.
Re: How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination by TheFalcons: 11:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
@ stagger

Good evening boss man.

I've gone through your posts and I have no doubt that you have a wealth of knowledge in the Agribusiness sector.

I'm currently testing the waters and practicalising with a thing or two, but I think I'm doing it more from the passion angle.

I want someone who can put a touch of realism, guidance and hopefully help me monetize this hobby. I'm very sure it's you sir.

Can I have your watsapp contact sir?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The N-power Teacher Corps Programme: Must Know Fact / What Exactly Is The Salary Of A Graduate In NIMC? / Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Graduate Trainee 2018 Test Invite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.