Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1355883 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prisscindy(f): 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
BillyMcD:

I'm having someone process it for me at Unilag. Same guy who handled WES but I'll admit it's been the ghetto given the strike, protests and all.

My friend finally got a notification of result, all documents have been accepted by Wes and was given a completion date yesterday. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2020
Mamaroon:

True words.
Who would then stand and clear up the criminal system of government?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 21, 2020
listowell:

They should Clear it themselves

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by onesunday: 4:04pm On Oct 21, 2020
Olanna95:
Can anyone please assist on how to get a Nigerian police report in the midst of everything going on right now? Thank you

You will have to wait until this all clears out because your print a will be taken at Alagbon
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MayorOfEdmonton: 4:05pm On Oct 21, 2020
Sehh u wee stay & clear na @Listowell cheesy cheesy grin grin
We go dey support u from canny

listowell:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2020
MayorOfEdmonton:
Sehh u wee stay & clear na @Listowell cheesy cheesy grin grin
We go dey support u from canny

haaha...but seriously how I wish we had two beautiful countries.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Chriswazo(m): 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2020
ankaravillageng:
If you have been drained and loosing hope towards your Canadian dream I hope the event of the last few days, especially last night has refuelled your dreams. Start learning French, get another degree, do whatever it takes, I tell you. Nigeria is not s habitat for human being.
I swear, am more fired up than before

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Endbadgovt: 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2020
pweetygeek:
The Golden mail is here!!!

People of God, its PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline
FSW- OUTLAND
ALBERTA PNP (AINP)
NOC 1311
1st IELTS.....3 Mar 2018
2nd IELTS.....2 June 2018
EOR....... 7 July 2018
WES ECA ... 10 Dec 2018
CRS......438
1st profile ..10 Dec 2018
1st Profile ineligible..... 7 Aug 2019
2nd profile ..  7 Aug 2019
Alberta NOI.... 25 Sept 2019
Nomination..... 20 Nov 2019
CRS...... 1038
ITA......27 Nov 2019
AOR... 24 Jan 2020
MEP... 5 Feb 2020
BIL..... 5 Feb 2020
BMC .... 17 Feb 2020
PPR....  19 Oct 2020
Visa office ..... CIO Sydney NS
Family of me,myself and I

Oba shi mi lona, Jesu k’ore mi de, mo ma ku orire ooo- (God cleared my path, Jesus brought my goodness, I congratulate myself)

I decided I was going to share my experience on this journey, soooooooooo grab a sit y’all this is one long gist!
Somebody pls serve chilled zobo and popcorn, I’m about to take y’all on a journey...

I started thinking of Canada in 2017. I was battling Ican as at that time. Masters was the initial plan but I heard of PR and I switched. My friend was doing her masters in Canada at the time too so I spoke to her. She told me about PR and Nairaland so I started reading up.
Jessica, God will bless you beyond your imagination!

The thread was still in part 3 when I joined. I sha made sure to read up till date and boy the wealth of information on here is unquantifiable, no agent can give you this much details and samples of experiences.

IELTS
I started practicing ielts in december 2017 after Ican’s November diet. I booked my exams for February 2018 result came in 3/3/18
LRWS - 8.5, 7.5, 6.5, 7.0
I was pissed at that writing, but I didn’t practice much on it so I took my L and moved on. I planned for rewriting in June same year.

Now this one’s result came back 2/6/18
LRWS - 8.5, 9.0, 6.5, 7.0
At this point I definitely wanted a remark because I put more effort in this one. I did my research on EOR and discovered that I had a chance. The difference between my highest and lowest score was almost 3. So I paid British council 15k for re-marking and put in writing and speaking for re-mark.

I didn’t want to risk re-marking writing alone so I picked the 2 so that at least if reading does not come back changed, speaking will and they’ll refund my 15k lol.
EOR came back 2/7/18 as
LRWS - 8.5, 9.0, 7.0, 8.0
I was elated and thankful to God that I didn’t have to re-write. Plus my 15k came back too lol (after about 30 days tho)

ECA

Fast forward to September 2018, I started ECA process. I used WES for mine, Bsc accounting from Lead city university.

First i created profile and paid WES. I went to LCU Ibadan to sort transcript and It was very easy.
This period was when WES was asking for waec. Another wahala , I did all the necessaries at WAEC Jibowu Lagos, thanks to the info on here, I knew what to expect.

My ECA was emailed to me 10/12/2018 I had used my cousin’s address in Canada so she received the hard copy.

I dived into the pool 10th December 2018.
The draw that followed was on 19th December 2018 and score was 439. Meanwhile, I was on 438, I was a bit pissed but hopeful thinking one of the next 3 draws will favor me so I moved on.
The third draw in January 2019 was 438 but tie breaking rule no gree me, I was so burnt and livid. At that point I knew I needed to do something to up my points.

The number of people in the pool increased daily and minimum crs score per draw wasn’t playing.

January 2019 ICAN result came out, I qualified, at least something to celebrate. I was inducted in May and immediately I collected my certificate I evaluated it, by the way, I knew ICAN was not evaluated positively by WES but I evaluated it anyways while looking for something else to up my score. The negative eca came back in August 2019.

My profile became ineligible because I changed my noc from 1111 (which was even wrong for me) to 1311 in my work experience and didn’t change it in my main noc. I made the changes because this same God sent friend of mine Jessica told me to pick 1311 instead because some people got NOI from Alberta with that NOC. I was angry at first cos I just lost opportunity for tie breaking rule but I created another profile with 1311 not knowing God had a plan for me. The old profile was going to expire in dec 2019 and Alberta wont pick you if your profile has 3 months to expire.

I didnt put so much mind on PNP because I wasnt ready to go through that “trouble” so I settled for Cima foundation course and started studying. I was going to pay for the first paper Sept 26 2019 but God told me to keep my money , Alberta sent me Notification of interest 25th September, my tummy rumbled, in-fact that very Wednesday, I was studying when I said let me check my mails then boom, “you have a message on your profile” mail, I even thought it was all these job bank messages, I sha checked and I saw NOI sitting pretty, I threw the materials i was reading away and jubilated.

PNP
Alberta did not stress me at allllll. It was so easy. I submitted my application 15 October 2019 and paid NO application fee, it was freee! You just courier colored copies of your documents, no POF, no medicals, no PCC! Nomination came 20th November 2019. Immediately I got my certificate I sharply booked medicals for December 9 because I was so sure of ITA on 27th November which of course came in.

MEDICALS

I booked qlife 8am. I got there before 8 and the excercise started at 8, I was one of the first set of people that was attended to because I booked 8am, we were told to choose either male or female doctor, me I chose any because I didn’t want to hear that I had to wait in a long queue for female doctor biko no time.
I left qlife before 10am, it went on so fast.
That woman made me remove my wig in the xray room lol frontal wig o, thank God it wasn’t glued lol.

PCC
From qlife I went straight to alagbon, I already called Inspector Funke so I went straight to her. It was fast too and she took 3500.

PASSPORT
My passport was going to expire feb 3 2020 so I had to do another.
I called my contact at Ikoyi passport office she said 50k for express of e-passport. I swallow spit, my dad had done his at abeokuta, old passport 64 pages for 70k. I sharply took my 50k option jeje. I got my passport in 6 days.

POF
My dad gifted me $10,000 usd. He transferred it from his dom to mine and it became $12,950 cad. His lawyer prepared gift deed so I uploaded the deed, transfer document, my bank statement, my birth certificate to prove the relationship, my salary account to make up the $10cad left and loe explaining all.
My bank delayed my submision till day 57 because my references for current dom account didn’t fly and i wasnt informed until the money came in. I had to look for people with current account in the same bank. I sha got the statement and submitted it. It was the last piece of the puzzle.

WORK EXPERIENCE
I have over 3years. I uploaded reference letters, employment letter, salary certificate, bank statement.

SUBMISSION
I submitted on the morning of the 57th day, January 24th. I got AOR same day, MEP and BIL arrived Feb 6th morning but BIL was dated feb 5th

BIOMETRICS
I went to vfs global Lekki Lagos on feb 17th for my biometrics. I booked for 7:40am (first booking of the day) I got there 7:37am and It went on smooth, I was done in an hour.

THE HUMBLING WAIT
Please I beg of you, do not join any Indian group, those people can put tension in someone abeg lmao.

CSE 1
On day 36 post AOR 29th feb i raised CSE just to know my VO but I decided to ask for my application status as well, I wasn’t expecting much tho.
On day 39 post AOR march 3rd, I got a response it read: “VO currently Sydney Nova Scotia, Background check in process, security not initiated, criminality not initiated”, nothing on eligibility. I’m like ok, at least I know my VO and they are working on my file

CSE 2
On day 62 post AOR 26th march I decided to raise another CSE, this time to confirm if my VO was still Sydney NS because I was told sometimes after biometrics, your file can be moved to another VO, depending on their work load etc. Some people on Alberta whatsapp group’s files were moved to Accra. Ah accra bawo I sha prayed against accra. Accra that is slow before, Covid-19 would make them slowest.
On day 66 post AOR march 30, I got a response it read: “VO currently Sydney NS, Eligibility in progress, security not started and criminality passed. So I’m like ok, I’ve not been abandoned and my file is being worked on. Covid-19 didn’t disturb my application.
I told myself no more CSE let’s just wait for the golden mail. Loooool if I hear

GU/CSE 3
On Day 89 post AOR, 22 April, I thought to log in just incase and alas, I caught a ghost. So I decided to wait till day 94 post AOR April 27, to raise another CSE, this time I was praying that eligibility would be passed and security check would have started or even passed sef, make my chest come down small at least.
On day 97 post AOR April 30, I got a response, and it came back pretty much the same as the last.
I was confused, so what did that GU mean then?

CSE 4
On day 122 post AOR, 25 May, I raised another CSE. Throughout that month we had like 2 cases of refusal due to NOC mismatch on the PR Alberta whatsapp group, imagine after they had scaled through AINP, IRCC still said no, it was really sad and got everyone running to order GCMS notes etc, please look at your reference letters carefully and make sure your JD matches your NOC’s JD.
Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
On day 125 post AOR, 28 May, a response came and Eligibility was valid, criminality valid, security not initiated. I was so elated, my mind was at peace, I’ll definitely pass security. My dream was coming through small small. Security for ainp outland was on hold for everybody, nobody’s security whose aor was from november’s security check was initiated yet, so general problem.

CSE 5
On day 150 post AOR 22 June, I raised another CSE. As I didn’t get any ghost update but I had to check up on my application, hoping that security would be sorted even though the chances were very slim, I was actually expecting the same response I got the last time.
On day 153 post AOR 25 June, a response came same as before;
Eligibility met, security not initiated, criminality valid.

CSE 6
On day 178 post AOR 20 July, I raised another CSE. I still didn’t get any ghost update but I had to check up on my application, the chances of getting security done was very slim because only nov and dec AORs were getting ghost updates on the past 2weeks. I was kind of expecting the same response I got the last time.
On day 182 post AOR 24July- my 6 months timeline is complete by now, a response came
Eligibility valid, security not initiated , criminality valid.

And then
I caught another ghost on August 6th after abandoning my profile for like 6 days.

CSE 7
I raised another cse on Aug 6 to see what the GU was for.
Aug 12, the response came. Security was valid, Eligibility met and criminality valid. I dropped my phone to dance first, I felt relieved and grateful. But travel restrictions in canada was extended till September ending again and hopes of traveling in 2020 was getting dashed small small. But at least I know my application was going really good.

CSE 8
I raised a cse on Sept 8th, this time asking for the usual and if my application was ready for visa and on Sept 17th I received 2 mails, generic responses to my webform, nothing specific at allllll. Meanwhile ppr had started rolling in for Ottawa vo applicants. We were all hopeful now at least movement don dey both for jan and feb aor.

CSE 9
I raised another webform same Sept 17th asking the same questions and a response came 25th
All was valid still. No sign of ppr.

CSE 10
I raised another webform same Oct 9th asking the same questions. As of oct 15, all Nigerians on the Sydney vo group, Jan aor group and Alberta pnp group were getting pprs and ghost updates, me I didn’t see anything, I prayed for the weekend to end sharply, hoping that come monday goodnews will be here for me or at least inside that week.
On Monday 19th October, Suddenly I saw another buzz on the whatsapp groups and I decided to check my mail then boom PPR!!!

I was expecting it but now that it's here, the feeling is so surreal.
I'm extremely thankful to God. No ADR. No interview. I had so many fears; I was afraid my ielts would expire before I received ITA, thank God for the nomination. Bank palava, passport nko; and through my fears, doubt and unfaithfulness, He remained faithful still, had mercy on me and favoured me. I stand in awe!
Thank You Lord, You are awesome!

For the unimaginable wealth of experience and information available here FOR FREE, thank you Nairaland family. I just had to share a detailed PPR gist. A lot of these gists helped me carry on through the process, I hope mine will carry someone else on too.

My landing gist will be juicier with videos and pictures.

My watch has finally ended in praise!!!

PS: I don’t know if we still mark PPR scripts here, if we still do biko gimme better score o

Wishing everybody on this journey safe landing.
congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Endbadgovt: 8:06pm On Oct 21, 2020
pweetygeek:

Timeline
FSW- OUTLAND
ALBERTA PNP (AINP)
NOC 1311
1st IELTS.....3 Mar 2018
2nd IELTS.....2 June 2018
EOR....... 7 July 2018
WES ECA ... 10 Dec 2018
CRS......438
1st profile ..10 Dec 2018
1st Profile ineligible..... 7 Aug 2019
2nd profile ..  7 Aug 2019
Alberta NOI.... 25 Sept 2019
Nomination..... 20 Nov 2019
CRS...... 1038
ITA......27 Nov 2019
AOR... 24 Jan 2020
MEP... 5 Feb 2020
BIL..... 5 Feb 2020
BMC .... 17 Feb 2020
PPR....  19 Oct 2020
Visa office ..... CIO Sydney NS
Family of me,myself and I

Oba shi mi lona, Jesu k’ore mi de, mo ma ku orire ooo- (God cleared my path, Jesus brought my goodness, I congratulate myself)

I decided I was going to share my experience on this journey, soooooooooo grab a sit y’all this is one long gist!
Somebody pls serve chilled zobo and popcorn, I’m about to take y’all on a journey...

I started thinking of Canada in 2017. I was battling Ican as at that time. Masters was the initial plan but I heard of PR and I switched. My friend was doing her masters in Canada at the time too so I spoke to her. She told me about PR and Nairaland so I started reading up.
Jessica, God will bless you beyond your imagination!

The thread was still in part 3 when I joined. I sha made sure to read up till date and boy the wealth of information on here is unquantifiable, no agent can give you this much details and samples of experiences.

IELTS
I started practicing ielts in december 2017 after Ican’s November diet. I booked my exams for February 2018 result came in 3/3/18
LRWS - 8.5, 7.5, 6.5, 7.0
I was pissed at that writing, but I didn’t practice much on it so I took my L and moved on. I planned for rewriting in June same year.

Now this one’s result came back 2/6/18
LRWS - 8.5, 9.0, 6.5, 7.0
At this point I definitely wanted a remark because I put more effort in this one. I did my research on EOR and discovered that I had a chance. The difference between my highest and lowest score was almost 3. So I paid British council 15k for re-marking and put in writing and speaking for re-mark.

I didn’t want to risk re-marking writing alone so I picked the 2 so that at least if reading does not come back changed, speaking will and they’ll refund my 15k lol.
EOR came back 2/7/18 as
LRWS - 8.5, 9.0, 7.0, 8.0
I was elated and thankful to God that I didn’t have to re-write. Plus my 15k came back too lol (after about 30 days tho)

ECA

Fast forward to September 2018, I started ECA process. I used WES for mine, Bsc accounting from Lead city university.

First i created profile and paid WES. I went to LCU Ibadan to sort transcript and It was very easy.
This period was when WES was asking for waec. Another wahala , I did all the necessaries at WAEC Jibowu Lagos, thanks to the info on here, I knew what to expect.

My ECA was emailed to me 10/12/2018 I had used my cousin’s address in Canada so she received the hard copy.

I dived into the pool 10th December 2018.
The draw that followed was on 19th December 2018 and score was 439. Meanwhile, I was on 438, I was a bit pissed but hopeful thinking one of the next 3 draws will favor me so I moved on.
The third draw in January 2019 was 438 but tie breaking rule no gree me, I was so burnt and livid. At that point I knew I needed to do something to up my points.

The number of people in the pool increased daily and minimum crs score per draw wasn’t playing.

January 2019 ICAN result came out, I qualified, at least something to celebrate. I was inducted in May and immediately I collected my certificate I evaluated it, by the way, I knew ICAN was not evaluated positively by WES but I evaluated it anyways while looking for something else to up my score. The negative eca came back in August 2019.

My profile became ineligible because I changed my noc from 1111 (which was even wrong for me) to 1311 in my work experience and didn’t change it in my main noc. I made the changes because this same God sent friend of mine Jessica told me to pick 1311 instead because some people got NOI from Alberta with that NOC. I was angry at first cos I just lost opportunity for tie breaking rule but I created another profile with 1311 not knowing God had a plan for me. The old profile was going to expire in dec 2019 and Alberta wont pick you if your profile has 3 months to expire.

I didnt put so much mind on PNP because I wasnt ready to go through that “trouble” so I settled for Cima foundation course and started studying. I was going to pay for the first paper Sept 26 2019 but God told me to keep my money , Alberta sent me Notification of interest 25th September, my tummy rumbled, in-fact that very Wednesday, I was studying when I said let me check my mails then boom, “you have a message on your profile” mail, I even thought it was all these job bank messages, I sha checked and I saw NOI sitting pretty, I threw the materials i was reading away and jubilated.

PNP
Alberta did not stress me at allllll. It was so easy. I submitted my application 15 October 2019 and paid NO application fee, it was freee! You just courier colored copies of your documents, no POF, no medicals, no PCC! Nomination came 20th November 2019. Immediately I got my certificate I sharply booked medicals for December 9 because I was so sure of ITA on 27th November which of course came in.

MEDICALS

I booked qlife 8am. I got there before 8 and the excercise started at 8, I was one of the first set of people that was attended to because I booked 8am, we were told to choose either male or female doctor, me I chose any because I didn’t want to hear that I had to wait in a long queue for female doctor biko no time.
I left qlife before 10am, it went on so fast.
That woman made me remove my wig in the xray room lol frontal wig o, thank God it wasn’t glued lol.

PCC
From qlife I went straight to alagbon, I already called Inspector Funke so I went straight to her. It was fast too and she took 3500.

PASSPORT
My passport was going to expire feb 3 2020 so I had to do another.
I called my contact at Ikoyi passport office she said 50k for express of e-passport. I swallow spit, my dad had done his at abeokuta, old passport 64 pages for 70k. I sharply took my 50k option jeje. I got my passport in 6 days.

POF
My dad gifted me $10,000 usd. He transferred it from his dom to mine and it became $12,950 cad. His lawyer prepared gift deed so I uploaded the deed, transfer document, my bank statement, my birth certificate to prove the relationship, my salary account to make up the $10cad left and loe explaining all.
My bank delayed my submision till day 57 because my references for current dom account didn’t fly and i wasnt informed until the money came in. I had to look for people with current account in the same bank. I sha got the statement and submitted it. It was the last piece of the puzzle.

WORK EXPERIENCE
I have over 3years. I uploaded reference letters, employment letter, salary certificate, bank statement.

SUBMISSION
I submitted on the morning of the 57th day, January 24th. I got AOR same day, MEP and BIL arrived Feb 6th morning but BIL was dated feb 5th

BIOMETRICS
I went to vfs global Lekki Lagos on feb 17th for my biometrics. I booked for 7:40am (first booking of the day) I got there 7:37am and It went on smooth, I was done in an hour.

THE HUMBLING WAIT
Please I beg of you, do not join any Indian group, those people can put tension in someone abeg lmao.

CSE 1
On day 36 post AOR 29th feb i raised CSE just to know my VO but I decided to ask for my application status as well, I wasn’t expecting much tho.
On day 39 post AOR march 3rd, I got a response it read: “VO currently Sydney Nova Scotia, Background check in process, security not initiated, criminality not initiated”, nothing on eligibility. I’m like ok, at least I know my VO and they are working on my file

CSE 2
On day 62 post AOR 26th march I decided to raise another CSE, this time to confirm if my VO was still Sydney NS because I was told sometimes after biometrics, your file can be moved to another VO, depending on their work load etc. Some people on Alberta whatsapp group’s files were moved to Accra. Ah accra bawo I sha prayed against accra. Accra that is slow before, Covid-19 would make them slowest.
On day 66 post AOR march 30, I got a response it read: “VO currently Sydney NS, Eligibility in progress, security not started and criminality passed. So I’m like ok, I’ve not been abandoned and my file is being worked on. Covid-19 didn’t disturb my application.
I told myself no more CSE let’s just wait for the golden mail. Loooool if I hear

GU/CSE 3
On Day 89 post AOR, 22 April, I thought to log in just incase and alas, I caught a ghost. So I decided to wait till day 94 post AOR April 27, to raise another CSE, this time I was praying that eligibility would be passed and security check would have started or even passed sef, make my chest come down small at least.
On day 97 post AOR April 30, I got a response, and it came back pretty much the same as the last.
I was confused, so what did that GU mean then?

CSE 4
On day 122 post AOR, 25 May, I raised another CSE. Throughout that month we had like 2 cases of refusal due to NOC mismatch on the PR Alberta whatsapp group, imagine after they had scaled through AINP, IRCC still said no, it was really sad and got everyone running to order GCMS notes etc, please look at your reference letters carefully and make sure your JD matches your NOC’s JD.
Fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
On day 125 post AOR, 28 May, a response came and Eligibility was valid, criminality valid, security not initiated. I was so elated, my mind was at peace, I’ll definitely pass security. My dream was coming through small small. Security for ainp outland was on hold for everybody, nobody’s security whose aor was from november’s security check was initiated yet, so general problem.

CSE 5
On day 150 post AOR 22 June, I raised another CSE. As I didn’t get any ghost update but I had to check up on my application, hoping that security would be sorted even though the chances were very slim, I was actually expecting the same response I got the last time.
On day 153 post AOR 25 June, a response came same as before;
Eligibility met, security not initiated, criminality valid.

CSE 6
On day 178 post AOR 20 July, I raised another CSE. I still didn’t get any ghost update but I had to check up on my application, the chances of getting security done was very slim because only nov and dec AORs were getting ghost updates on the past 2weeks. I was kind of expecting the same response I got the last time.
On day 182 post AOR 24July- my 6 months timeline is complete by now, a response came
Eligibility valid, security not initiated , criminality valid.

And then
I caught another ghost on August 6th after abandoning my profile for like 6 days.

CSE 7
I raised another cse on Aug 6 to see what the GU was for.
Aug 12, the response came. Security was valid, Eligibility met and criminality valid. I dropped my phone to dance first, I felt relieved and grateful. But travel restrictions in canada was extended till September ending again and hopes of traveling in 2020 was getting dashed small small. But at least I know my application was going really good.

CSE 8
I raised a cse on Sept 8th, this time asking for the usual and if my application was ready for visa and on Sept 17th I received 2 mails, generic responses to my webform, nothing specific at allllll. Meanwhile ppr had started rolling in for Ottawa vo applicants. We were all hopeful now at least movement don dey both for jan and feb aor.

CSE 9
I raised another webform same Sept 17th asking the same questions and a response came 25th
All was valid still. No sign of ppr.

CSE 10
I raised another webform same Oct 9th asking the same questions. As of oct 15, all Nigerians on the Sydney vo group, Jan aor group and Alberta pnp group were getting pprs and ghost updates, me I didn’t see anything, I prayed for the weekend to end sharply, hoping that come monday goodnews will be here for me or at least inside that week.
On Monday 19th October, Suddenly I saw another buzz on the whatsapp groups and I decided to check my mail then boom PPR!!!

I was expecting it but now that it's here, the feeling is so surreal.
I'm extremely thankful to God. No ADR. No interview. I had so many fears; I was afraid my ielts would expire before I received ITA, thank God for the nomination. Bank palava, passport nko; and through my fears, doubt and unfaithfulness, He remained faithful still, had mercy on me and favoured me. I stand in awe!
Thank You Lord, You are awesome!

For the unimaginable wealth of experience and information available here FOR FREE, thank you Nairaland family. I just had to share a detailed PPR gist. A lot of these gists helped me carry on through the process, I hope mine will carry someone else on too.

My landing gist will be juicier with videos and pictures.

PS: I don’t know if we still mark PPR scripts here, if we still do biko gimme better score o

sorry to ask but I have some question I need answers to. Got the ppr mail yesterday sorry I haven’t given my write up yet. These are my questions don’t know who can assist me.
Did medical upfront medicals on 25 sept 2019 and also my ielts I used was done on 25 oct 2018. Went through MPNP route. So I’m a little confused as to what to do now because I’ve been given 15 days to send passport to VHs and with what’s going on now I don’t know how possible that is. Please if you are or have any experience like this please reply me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by kiari: 8:32pm On Oct 21, 2020
Endbadgovt:
sorry to ask but I have some question I need answers to. Got the ppr mail yesterday sorry I haven’t given my write up yet. These are my questions don’t know who can assist me.
Did medical upfront medicals on 25 sept 2019 and also my ielts I used was done on 25 oct 2018. Went through MPNP route. So I’m a little confused as to what to do now because I’ve been given 15 days to send passport to VHs and with what’s going on now I don’t know how possible that is. Please if you are or have any experience like this please reply me

First things first, Kindly edit your post, you don't have to quote the whole story...

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Brownie1003: 9:17pm On Oct 21, 2020
Haba, this quote is to long nah. And you quoted twice. Biko modify the quotes.
Endbadgovt:
congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kaygirl33: 9:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
pweetygeek:

Congratulations to you dear. May Canada favour you. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Endbadgovt: 10:04pm On Oct 21, 2020
Timeline
Few——- Outland
Manitoba PNP—— MPNP
NOC——- 0112
First IELTS—— April 2018
2nd IELTS—— June 2018
3rd IELTS —— August 2018
EOR —— June 2018
WES ECA —— Nov 2018
CRS —— 437
Manitoba NOI —— Jan 2019
Nomination —— Oct 2019 (chill pills finished)
CRS —— 1037
ITA —— 24 oct 2019
AOR —— 24 Jan 2020
MEP —— 27 dec 2019
BIL —— 27 dec 2019
PPR ——- 20 oct 2020
VO —— Ottawa
It ended in praise. So good people how do we proceed with this lockdown in place now?

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by jerryval42: 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2020
[quote author=Tope235 post=95167684]

Raise a webform and request to add new born. A mail from CIC will include updating your family info forms, medicals and making payment after which you upload all those forms in your CIC profile. You can proactively complete medicals (book for medicals now if you haven't) and obtain an international passport before it is requested, so the process is seamless and time isn't wasted

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by tumiabbey: 12:00am On Oct 22, 2020
Good day everyone.
I attended a university in Ghana that is affiliated to KNUST.
My university sent my transcripts and WES updated my profile saying they have received my transcripts.
They sent an email that they’re awaiting verification from my institution. I contacted my school but they said they received nothing.
I waited 7 weeks and Wes sent another email that they have contacted my school again. The school said they still haven’t received any document so I called WES customer care number and they said they usually won’t sent to the school’s official email, they might send to the examination controller. I have contacted the exam’s officer and he said nothing of such has been received.
I’m wondering if this was sent to my university or the affiliate university even though their email says it was sent to my school.
Please who has had such issue or is having such issue. I need help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mayonikks: 12:08am On Oct 22, 2020
Hi Guys,

As someone who got an Associate CIPM certificate through the practitioner's route, will WES be able to evaluate this Certificate alongside my BSc?

Hoping it can be a two or three years degree.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by intrinsicniyi(m): 12:28am On Oct 22, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Quick one: COPR just got issued and it expires in June, 2021 with PR visa. However, my medicals expires in first-week of December, 2020. Can I travel to Canada after the expiration of my medicals?

I'd appreciate people's response on this.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Senatornuella: 1:05am On Oct 22, 2020
Okay, thank you

quote author=Monopoly1 post=94752178]
Reach me on edekipeters@gmail.com[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 2:11am On Oct 22, 2020
shocked
Never seen any MEP and BIL case before AOR in my little time in this journey! Enlighten my naivety abeg..

And did you really submit exactly 3months after ITA? That was pre-CORONA era and if I'm not wrong, submission deadline wasn't that wide..

Endbadgovt:

Timeline
Few——- Outland
Manitoba PNP—— MPNP
NOC——- 0112
First IELTS—— April 2018
2nd IELTS—— June 2018
3rd IELTS —— August 2018
EOR —— June 2018
WES ECA —— Nov 2018
CRS —— 437
Manitoba NOI —— Jan 2019
Nomination —— Oct 2019 (chill pills finished)
CRS —— 1037
ITA —— 24 oct 2019
AOR —— 24 Jan 2020
MEP —— 27 dec 2019
BIL —— 27 dec 2019
PPR ——- 20 oct 2020
VO —— Ottawa
It ended in praise. So good people how do we proceed with this lockdown in place now?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by NaijaGoingMaple: 3:29am On Oct 22, 2020
intrinsicniyi:
Hi Everyone,

Quick one: COPR just got issued and it expires in June, 2021 with PR visa. However, my medicals expires in first-week of December, 2020. Can I travel to Canada after the expiration of my medicals?

Thanks.

Apparently, your medical was extended, and that's why you have COPR validity up to Jun 2021. Besides, your COPR is all you need at this time.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by baresi22: 4:32am On Oct 22, 2020
Hi,

From the result of your medical assessment, you have been categorised as either M1 or M3. You have no or minimal public health risk. Hence, you are qualified for the automatic 6 months extension. Apparently, they observed that your medical exam would soon expire and you would have applied for extension of copr and prv. They just saved you the stress.
intrinsicniyi:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:58am On Oct 22, 2020
baresi22:
Hi,

From the result of your medical assessment, you have been categorised as either M1 or M3. You have no or minimal public health risk. Hence, you are qualified for the automatic 6 months extension. Apparently, they observed that your medical exam would soon expire and you would have applied for extension of copr and prv. They just saved you the stress.
It could be because they have been in a non-designate country in the last 6months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mayokunlawale(f): 6:07am On Oct 22, 2020
ShoeShineGuy:
shocked
Never seen any MEP and BIL case before AOR in my little time in this journey! Enlighten my naivety abeg..

And did you really submit exactly 3months after ITA? That was pre-CORONA era and if I'm not wrong, submission deadline wasn't that wide..

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mayokunlawale(f): 6:12am On Oct 22, 2020
Congrats, am happy for you.

Am also in a confused state as regards my NOC right now as 3 NOC match my profile, please whats your advice on how to go about it?

pweetygeek:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by mayokunlawale(f): 6:17am On Oct 22, 2020
Hi everyone, trust we are all keeping safe?
Please i am confused as regards my NoC and I dont want to make a mistake while submitting my ITA form (I believe I can change to the correct one as against the one chosen for Pre ITA). I have 2 that is matching now and confused of which one to choose. How do I go about this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jay35: 6:55am On Oct 22, 2020
And to add to your observation, ITA was not issued 24 October 2019... or is there another ITA MPNP issues?

ShoeShineGuy:
shocked

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by temibanks(m): 8:37am On Oct 22, 2020
Unilag is delaying my verification. However, they have already verified my diploma.

Does anyone have a contact that could help speed up the verification despite the NASU strike?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by 55emem55: 9:03am On Oct 22, 2020
You guys are littering the thread by quoting long posts. Please can you edit what you quoted? @mayokunlawale and @endbadgovt
Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MisterT: 9:22am On Oct 22, 2020
Guys please anyone with news from AVO?

My wife's AOR is April 2019 and we are still waiting.

I just weak..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zeus04: 10:03am On Oct 22, 2020
MisterT:
Guys please anyone with news from AVO?

My wife's AOR is April 2019 and we are still waiting.

I just weak..

They have been issuing PPR since morning today. V got calls from different peeps and they confirmed that peeps in their groups v been getting (about 40+ and counting) from January AOR.

Let's keep fingers crossed. You guys would most likely get yours today.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Brownie1003: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2020
Pls guys let's stop quoting the whole story if not we would get to 700+ in 3months and open another thread. You can pass your msg across without quoting all she said. Kindly modify your post. Thanks.
mayokunlawale:
Congrats, am happy for you.

Am also in a confused state as regards my NOC right now as 3 NOC match my profile, please whats your advice on how to go about it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.