Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,941 members, 7,799,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1354409 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 2:49pm On Oct 27, 2020
Inenghe:
too risky to travel outside where? If you get opportunity to travel to Canada now won't you? Forget aii those excuses and travel if you have the money. Me I travel with my family twice during the peak of covid go write ielts
I dont know the origin of your message but remember that decisions people make are based on individual situations. Not everybody will jump at an opportunity of going to canada for many reasons. Going to Canada itself is not an opportunity but what you are going there to do is what determines whether it's an opportunity or not.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dimple10: 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
Does anyone have an appointment with qlife that they want to swap. I’m looking for dates between the 2nd and 7th of November.

I have November 16th to give.

Merci beaucoup
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Fortissimo502: 3:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hi guys,
Stanbic mutual fund letter doesn't state the 6 month average balance but instead has a statement since inception of the account (about 3 yrs). Is this the usual format with stanbic? I know many people here have used them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by fabiomatic(m): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
Congratulations first of all.
Secondly, please I would like to contact you about the ready to travel email format and the Avo email contact. Thanks
Dealkid:

PPRRRRRRRRR
FINALLYYYYYYY.

Praise God for making this possible. It's been 12months and a week.

ITA- Sept, 2019
AOR - Oct, 2019
Visa office - AVO
First ghost update - May,2020
Second ghost update - Oct,2020
PPR - 22nd Oct, 2020

I'm a Canadian guys..... YIPPEEEEE.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by starrez: 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
Please has anyone here done soft landing amidst the current 14 day Quarantine?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DanMisla: 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
After what seemed like eternity, I’m happy to share my PPR gist...

Timeline:
IELTS (BC) Jul 2018: L/R/S – 8.5; W – 7
TEF Dec 2018: EE-C1/CLB 9 | CE-C1/CLB 8 | CO-B2/CLB 7 | EO–B2/CLB 7
ECA (WES): Dec 2018
EE Pool Entry: 06/Feb/2019| NOC 4163
Ontario NOI: 07/Feb; AOR: 20/Feb; Nominated: 08/Apr 2019
ITA: 17/Apr/2019
AOR: 18/Apr/2019
Biometrics: 03/Jun/2019
ADR (Nomination certificate + IMM 5669: 08/Jul
MEP: 12/Jul (Delayed due to additional tests to rule TB out)
Remeds (before ADR) – Aug 2020 (passed 28/Aug/2020)
PPR: 23/Oct/2020

Family of 3
VO: Accra!

I’m not sure when I decided. Months after my wife had a study permit app refused in 2017, she asked that I write IELTS. Still don’t know how she managed to get me to take the lead on this project. Incredible.

ECA: Truly frustrating! Took 7 months. In contrast, I remember a friend, with a UK degree, emailed a request at 2PM and by 4PM the school confirmed they had sent off her transcripts to WES. Same day.

IELTS: The only gossip here is that even though I had gotten the required CLB 9 and above, I applied for a remark. Well, I needed every additional point I could get and since the ECA was nowhere close to completion... 3 extra CRS points on offer, if my Writing got bumped to 7.5, but it came back unchanged. Speaking score was upped, so at least I got my N15k back.
When I went to apply for the EOR, I remember one guy who was fuming about his 6.5 Writing score. We got talking, but I thought no need to further upset him by mentioning I scored 7.

TEF: I wrote on NL about my experience. The TEF thread was helpful. If you’re thinking of asking the most common question – how long would it take to move from novice to CLB 7 – I suggest you read some testimonies on that thread.
More people should try to learn French – I’d imagine you stand a better chance at securing rewarding employment in Canada, if you’re bilingual.

Ontario NOI: So I was at 431. A few options: retake TEF/IELTS and aim higher, or wait till I completed a PG program. OR…select French as my first language, which reduced my score to 359, and wait for an NOI from Ontario. I chose the lazy but expensive ($1500) option. Like someone said: we are all getting on the same plane, but the late comers have to pay for business seats.

(Of course, things have changed drastically since then...when 440 was the target.)

I got the OINP NOI the next day. Ontario wanted everything, even evidence (referral letters, pay slips, etc) from ALL employers in the past 10 years. This isn’t something I saw in any of the guides! Anyway, completing the OINP application meant I was super ready for ITA.

PS: I got another NOI…from Nova Scotia, on March 20. This Labour Market Priorities Stream draw targeted candidates with at least CLB 7 in French and CLB 5 in English. Another reason some of us could consider the French route.

Medicals: During upfront medicals at IOM Abuja, my chest x-ray showed a tiny spot, so I had to do further tests to rule out TB, which I’ve never had. My wife and child passed. Cue 3 consecutive days producing sputum samples. First a smear test, after a fortnight or so, then cultured for 8-9 weeks. Both negative. After three months, I repeated a chest x-ray for which I don’t know if the spot was still present. All I know if that on 12 July, my CIC account should medical passed.

This year, no spot: maybe their machine was dirty last time!

Anyway, I read one chap’s PPR story, where he mentioned how the doctor found a cancerous lump. Stories like that make you reflect a bit, you know.

ITA/AOR: Pretty straightforward.

POF was in a GTB dom account, so I generated a signed e-statement via internet banking and that was it.

ADR: I dunno how I managed not to include my nomination certificate.

PPR: GCMS notes in July showed everything cleared, but meds expired. And our file was shared with Hong Kong. Woke up to the passport request notification on 23 Oct.

Accra VO has taught us patience, but I’m pretty confident it would be worth it, in the end. With everything going on in Nigeria right now, the chance to start a new adventure in Canada seems even more valuable.

Thanks everyone for making this place a useful source of info!

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Waseun0607: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2020
[quote author=Waseun0607 post=95388175]Good morning house, please asking for a friend. Is the Canadian Embassy in Lagos open?[/quote

Please can someone help with dis
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2020
starrez:
Please has anyone here done soft landing amidst the current 14 day Quarantine?
they have said no softlanding for now. If they use it against you in future no come here to cry o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2020
Fortissimo502:
Hi guys,
Stanbic mutual fund letter doesn't state the 6 month average balance but instead has a statement since inception of the account (about 3 yrs). Is this the usual format with stanbic? I know many people here have used them.
yes carry on

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by starrez: 3:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
SunshineD1:

Let me add to others:
DO NOT ALLOW YOUR COPR TO EXPIRE. Having said that, go and buy tickets if you haven't and land. People that have expired COPR dey hear am now, IRCC "never pick their calls" for extension.

What about people who aren't ready to relocate fully? Since they say no soft landing for now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ednut1(m): 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
DanMisla:

Timeline:

Family of 3

I’m not sure when I decided. Months after my wife had a study permit app refused in 2017, she asked that I write IELTS. Still don’t know how she managed to get me to take the lead on this project. Incredible.

ECA: Truly frustrating! Took 7 months. In
congratulations. The journey is not for the faint hearted. But when you realize some have been in the uk or us for over 10 years without even pr. The Canadian stress and wahala is nothing compared to that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dealkid: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
Kaygirl33:

Congratulations. May your new land favour you. And please don't forget to pray for us too. May God answer all our prayers. Amen.

He will answer yours o just like he answered mine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Fortissimo502: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
ednut1:
yes carry on
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by connectgt: 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2020
You can get a professional diploma in HRM if you go through examination route. As a B.sc holder, you are expected to take Intermediate 2, PE-1 and PE-2 to qualify for the certificate. The duration is 3 diet (18 months program). WES evaluate it as equivalent to 3 years canadian bachelors degree

serA25:

Please who can explain more on CIPM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dealkid: 3:33pm On Oct 27, 2020
juicebox:
Congratulations!!!
I’m also AVO. I got a request from them same day you got your PPR to complete Schedule 4 form, which I’ve done. Hoping for my own PPR this week.

Congratulation in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dealkid: 3:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
fabiomatic:
Congratulations first of all.
Secondly, please I would like to contact you about the ready to travel email format and the Avo email contact. Thanks

Ok.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by nekkyblues(f): 4:11pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hi guys, please I need help ASAP.

I’m trying to register on ICES, at the payment page I’m seeing that I am to pay a total of 295 CAD instead of 275 CAD.

Please I need help because I don’t have the extra money to pay.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dealkid: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
DanMisla:

Timeline:

Family of 3

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Venom104: 4:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
nekkyblues:

The additional copy is the extra $20 as shown on your Screenshot. Go back and remove it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 4:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
DanMisla:

Timeline:

Family of 3

PPR: GCMS notes in July showed everything cleared, but meds expired. And our file was shared with Hong Kong. Woke up to the passport request notification on 23 Oct.

Accra VO has taught us patience, but I’m pretty confident it would be worth it, in the end. With everything going on in Nigeria right now, the chance to start a new adventure in Canada seems even more valuable.

Thanks everyone for making this place a useful source of info!

Big congrats bro.
Wow! I've always thought I missed your PPR gist somehow in the TEF and FSW threads.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sesan01: 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
ednut1:
congratulations. The journey is not for the faint hearted. But when you realize some have been in the uk or us for over 10 years without even pr. The Canadian stress and wahala is nothing compared to that.

I agree with you @ednut1. The Canadian stress is nothing compared to the hullabaloo surrounding immigration proceedings/getting a PR in the US.

DanMisla:

Congrats DanMisla!! Wishing you and your family God's best as y'all embark on this new journey.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Eriobo1: 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2020
Please I just started the process for myself and my husband. And am new to nairaland. Pls i need help on the best ECA to use. WES or ICES. I have a foreign masters degree in marketing and my husband has a Nigerian BSc degree in IT. Heard ICES accepts emailed transcript from schools and no extra verification like WES. Pls advice. And for job reference letter is it for myself and husband and is it from your recent employer or all past employers including NYSC. Pls my people help me ooooo. ThANKS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
DanMisla:

Ontario NOI: So I was at 431. A few options: retake TEF/IELTS and aim higher, or wait till I completed a PG program. OR…select French as my first language, which reduced my score to 359, and wait for an NOI from Ontario. I chose the lazy but expensive ($1500) option.

PS: I got another NOI…from Nova Scotia, on March 20. This Labour Market Priorities Stream draw targeted candidates with at least CLB 7 in French and CLB 5 in English. Another reason some of us could consider the French route.

This year, no spot: maybe their machine was dirty last time!

ADR: I dunno how I managed not to include my nomination certificate.

Congratulations DanMisla!!! Much awaited.....so so so happy for you!! Thank you for taking the time to review my TEF Writing and for all the tips and ginger you gave us on the TEF thread!

Only you, 2 PNP....

About forgetting your nomination certificate.....na tension....I recently discovered that I didn't include an LOE that I could have bet my life savings, was part of my application....

Please manage this dance celebration...your new adventure begins...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
ednut1:
they have said no softlanding for now. If they use it against you in future .............................

...........................................it would be a disaster of monumental proportions (as that senator who used to use big english would say) grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2020
uche13:

The problem is the fact that people who were issued PPr after March 18th cannot travel at the moment. Last week, I even received a mail and call from IRCC as a reminder to this effect.

The order was "don't travel yet till restrictions are lifted"

They actually called and mailed to re-iterate? Hope the COPRs they are issuing are long dated......otherwise it will be an admin nightmare re-issuing them all again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
CanadianBae:
Dear poster, you can travel with Ethiopian airline forget the march 18 clause....someone just their COPR in October 15 travelled in October 20 even with don't travel email sent to him........

We should remember that these guys have records o. If they explicitly tell us "don't travel" and you travel......you may enter but what happens later?

Isn't it better to be delayed for a year after COPR expires and it takes a while to be reissued and land in peace than to worry about whether it may or may not become an issue in 3 years time?

#RamblingsOfAnApplicant
#MyOwnOpinion
#OthersAlreadyDisagree grin
#LookingForAQuarrel cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by doctimi(m): 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2020
Congrats to all with PPR.
If you need a room to rent. I have 2 available at Kitchener/Waterloo axis. This is a new house 3mins drive to Conestoga college, 13 minutes to University of waterloo, close proximity to the highway as well.
I can pick you at the airport upon arrival at Pearson Airport as well. Single only (male or female)

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by COPR2020: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
nekkyblues:
Hi guys, please I need help ASAP.

I’m trying to register on ICES, at the payment page I’m seeing that I am to pay a total of 295 CAD instead of 275 CAD.

Please I need help because I don’t have the extra money to pay.
You selected additional copy and that cost 20$. You can delete it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Goodnewscad: 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
Fabguen:

Very spot on Mamaroon. At least 5 persons in the COPR group i'm in have travelled from Nigeria post March 18. The most recent being yesterday.

Hi Fabguen please I would like to join your COPR group. I’m also looking to land by December.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
Eriobo1:
Please I just started the process for myself and my husband. And am new to nairaland. Pls i need help on the best ECA to use. WES or ICES. I have a foreign masters degree in marketing and my husband has a Nigerian BSc degree in IT. Heard ICES accepts emailed transcript from schools and no extra verification like WES. Pls advice. And for job reference letter is it for myself and husband and is it from your recent employer or all past employers including NYSC. Pls my people help me ooooo. ThANKS.

Welcome on board,

For foreign certificate - use WES - fast and no verification for foreign cert.
For Nigerian cert- it depends on the school and how fast the school logistic and bureaucracy can be resolved. Because of covid restrictions - WES is the fastest channel for now.

Letter of reference is for Principal applicant ONLY and for all experiences from which you will claim points. Spouse will submit reference letter if there is Canadian experience.

Sit down, go to page 1, read and read - read cic website and be well informed.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
Mamaroon:

Congratulations DanMisla!!! Much awaited.....so so so happy for you!! Thank you for taking the time to review my TEF Writing and for all the tips and ginger you gave us on the TEF thread!

Only you, 2 PNP....

About forgetting your nomination certificate.....na tension....I recently discovered that I didn't include an LOE that I could have bet my life savings, was part of my application....

Please manage this dance celebration...your new adventure begins...

One man, two PNPs cheesy You go fear!..

Sis, Na you & Ayandee next o. I must chase u in particular comot. Too good for this country.

Una TEF adventures dey ever ginger us.
I get hope!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DebbieWilliams: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.