Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:39 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1343798 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
isaacola57:
Has anybody confirmed whether nysc can be used as an experience for express entry.. someone that his documents were sent to Accra visa office.. I heard it was rejected.. I need someone that has done it not the guys that haven't done it and will be claiming it works
why not use the search button undecided. There are several ppr stories with nysc

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2020
Zinzu:
Hi Guys, please I have a question.

Are all the information you used to create your profile used as reference and compared with those shared post ITA?

The reason for my question is that while filling my details for education, I included that I finished my masters in January 2018 because of the date on my WES evaluation report (no month was indicated on the report, just year) but on getting the certificate, it says March 2018.

I have updated all info post ITA. Do you think the difference between both information will serve as misrepresentation?

@ednut1 @kekerekun @mamaroon. Please help.

Thank you
fill it as it is. Some schools do convocation every 2 years. Will you now say you graduated on the convocation date
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zinzu: 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
Thanks.

Kekereekun123:
fill it as it is. Some schools do convocation every 2 years. Will you now say you graduated on the convocation date
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hi Guys,

Please I would appreciate 2nd opinion on my NOC choices because its a bit confusing in my field and some descriptions are vague and may vary depending on Industry.

1. Please help me check against NOC 2134- Chemical Engineers

Role: Production Facilities Engineer
• Design, Modelling and Simulation of Oil Processing Facilities and Gas Compression systems
• Hydraulic analysis using HYSYS and PIPESIM software as tools
• Process Calculations and Process Engineering Support.
• Developed Functional Specification and Scope of Work for projects: Flow Station, Onshore Terminal, Single Anchor loading and Export
Pipeline.
• Involved in Project Pre-FEED activities and Design Review for a Flow Station Expansion Project.
• Involved in Conceptual and Basic Engineering design of surface facilities for a Greenfield Project.
• Contribution to the preparation of Basis of Design for Projects
• Involved in Technical and Commercial Evaluation of bids for the leasing of a Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel for the
Project.
• Involved in Risk Assessments and HAZID workshops.
• Development of Commercial Evaluation Criteria for FPSO bidders.
• Review and Modification of Existing PFD’s and P&ID’s.

2. Please help me check against NOC 2112- Chemist and 2211- Chemical Technologist. (this is confusing for me because I have done tasks in both NOC's)

Role- Quality Control Analytical Chemist
• Daily sampling and analysis of raw, portable and purified water by checking parameters such as hardness, conductivity, pH using established
standard operating procedure (SOP).
• Sampling and analysis of raw material, semi-finished and finished products such as powders, tablets and creams using standard methods of
analysis.
• Daily Report writing of analysis conducted in the laboratory and factory.
• Calibration of laboratory and factory equipment such as weighing balances and pH meters.
• Ensuring quality, health and safety standards were upheld at each stage of the production process by monitoring, routine checks, testing and
random sampling.
• Ensure good manufacturing practice (GMP) is followed.
• In-Process control monitoring of manufacturing processes such as mixing, drying, compression, blistering and packaging by conducting
assays and moisture content determination.
• Quality control and Approve release of finished products from factory to warehouse after thorough quality checks.
• Supervision of interns, trainee Chemists and technicians

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 8:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
Yes, they do track any changes with EE profile vs PR application. The main issue is that whatever you changes you make should not decrease your score. Some people misrepresent to gain extra scores... Since it was a mistake and your score is not affected, just explain it with an LOE. I have seen the same advice several times after combing through this forum. Hopefully seniors will correct me if I'm wrong.
Zinzu:
Hi Guys, please I have a question.
Are all the information you used to create your profile used as reference and compared with those shared post ITA?
The reason for my question is that while filling my details for education, I included that I finished my masters in January 2018 because of the date on my WES evaluation report (no month was indicated on the report, just year) but on getting the certificate, it says March 2018.
I have updated all info post ITA. Do you think the difference between both information will serve as misrepresentation?
@ednut1 @kekerekun @mamaroon. Please help.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 9:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
abdulslutsky:

70k thereabout
Okay, thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 9:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
miolad20:
My Timeline
Apr 2018 - IELTS - LRWS 7.5, 9, 6.5, 8 First attempt (BC)
July 2018 - WES - BSc
July 2018 - CRS Score 398
Dec 2019 - Finished MBA
Mar 2020 - IELTS - LRWS 9,9,7.5,7.5 Second attempt (MOD) - I used ieltsliz and ieltsonlinetests to prepare.
Apr 2020 - WES Evaluation for MBA
July - Got married and jumped into the pool next day CRS - 482
ITA - Aug 5

I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed valuable information on this thread series. You guys are heroes!

Congratulations!!
I tap into your blessings ooo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 9:07pm On Nov 11, 2020
miolad20:
My Timeline
ITA - Aug 5
PPR - Nov 9. I don't know the word to describe how I felt. I am yet to recover from it even.
I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed valuable information on this thread series. You guys are heroes!
I'm so inspired by this. Such a short processing time, no hitches and it's even with the dreaded AVO.
I've been delayed almost a month in submitting my application due to issues getting a UAE police report for my husband... this unnecessary delay has really demoralised me.
I tap into your blessings! I need it.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
MaamCita:
I used GTB card to pay for a friend over the weekend. GTB or UBA, but GTB worked perfectly.

Pls what billing address did u use?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by efizyhenchmen: 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
Please, how can one verify B.SC and WAEC for WES? I have sent my transcript to WES, do I need to pay for verification of certificate from WAEC or just send WAEC e-pin scratch card to WES .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ovywils: 9:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
After ITA, in the documents checklist, there is no place to upload my spouse's letter of explanation. There is an "optional documents" section under spouse's name but there is no attach button to upload a letter of explanation. Is it a mistake on their web page.
I want to upload his IELTS there as thereiano placeholder for that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MaamCita: 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2020
efizyhenchmen:
Please, how can one verify B.SC and WAEC for WES? I have sent my transcript to WES, do I need to pay for verification of certificate from WAEC or just send WAEC e-pin scratch card to WES .
No need for WAEC just continue with your BSc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Zinzu: 9:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
Thank you

shadama:
Yes, they do track any changes with EE profile vs PR application. The main issue is that whatever you changes you make should not decrease your score. Some people misrepresent to gain extra scores... Since it was a mistake and your score is not affected, just explain it with an LOE. I have seen the same advice several times after combing through this forum. Hopefully seniors will correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 11, 2020
AyeeshaB:
Hi Guys,

Please I would appreciate 2nd opinion on my NOC choices because its a bit confusing in my field and some descriptions are vague and may vary depending on Industry.

Thank you.

In general, each NOC has several duties listed as bullet points on the NOC website.
A) Number these bullet points from 1 to 20 or wherever it stops
B) put the appropriate number beside your JD duties and repost for review

This way you and anyone helping should be able to see if most of the duties have been covered....or not.

#MyNOCAdvice
#ScientificMatching

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by efizyhenchmen: 9:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
Thank you. @ missma01.....then, any need to erase it from the list of uploaded documents in my WES account ?

quote author=MissMa01 post=95939433]
No need for WAEC just continue with your BSc [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 11, 2020
Ovywils:
After ITA, in the documents checklist, there is no place to upload my spouse's letter of explanation. There is an "optional documents" section under spouse's name but there is no attach button to upload a letter of explanation. Is it a mistake on their web pa

My suggestion would be to update spouse's LOE in the corresponding spouse placeholder e.g. if the LOE is about spouse's medicals upload in one PDF along with eMedical form or if LOE is about ECA upload in one PDF along with ECA, IELTS & degree certificate.

OR

If it's not about any of the things for which spouse has a placeholder then upload where you would put PA's optional docs/LOE.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 10:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
[quote author=efizyhenchmen post=95939951]Thank you. @ missma01.....then, any need to erase it from the list of uploaded documents in my WES account ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 10:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
efizyhenchmen:
Thank you. @ missma01.....then, any need to erase it from the list of uploaded documents in my WES account ?

quote author=MissMa01 post=95939433]
No need for WAEC just continue with your BSc

You are welcome . This part I don’t know but I reckon you should take it out and leave just your degree to be assessed. You need to check with others,please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 10:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
Please help me check against NOC 2134- Chemical Engineers (9 duties)

• Design, Modelling and Simulation of Oil Processing Facilities and Gas Compression systems- 1, 4
• Hydraulic analysis using HYSYS and PIPESIM software as tools- 2, 3
• Process Calculations and Process Engineering Support.- 3, 4
• Developed Functional Specification and Scope of Work for projects: Flow Station, Onshore Terminal, Single Anchor loading and Export
Pipeline.- 2
• Involved in Project Pre-FEED activities and Design Review for a Flow Station Expansion Project.- 1
• Involved in Conceptual and Basic Engineering design of surface facilities for a Greenfield Project.- 1
• Contribution to the preparation of Basis of Design for Projects- 2
• Involved in Technical and Commercial Evaluation of bids for the leasing of a Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) vessel for the
Project.- 7
• Involved in Risk Assessments and HAZID workshops.- 6
• Development of Commercial Evaluation Criteria for FPSO bidders.- 7, 9
• Review and Modification of Existing PFD’s and P&ID’s.- 5

2. Please help me check against NOC 2112- Chemist (11 duties) and 2211- Chemical Technologist 9 duties)

• Daily sampling and analysis of raw, portable and purified water by checking parameters such as hardness, conductivity, pH using established
standard operating procedure (SOP).- C1, CT7
• Sampling and analysis of raw material, semi-finished and finished products such as powders, tablets and creams using standard methods of
analysis.- C2, CT4
• Daily Report writing of analysis conducted in the laboratory and factory. -CT3, C3
• Calibration of laboratory and factory equipment such as weighing balances and pH meters.- CT2
• Ensuring quality, health and safety standards were upheld at each stage of the production process by monitoring, routine checks, testing and
random sampling.- C2, C3
• Ensure good manufacturing practice (GMP) is followed.CT5, C2
• In-Process control monitoring of manufacturing processes such as mixing, drying, compression, blistering and packaging by conducting
• Quality control and Approve release of finished products from factory to warehouse after thorough quality checks.- C2
• Supervision of interns, trainee Chemists and technicians.- C11

My major issue is the NOC description is vague but my work experience is specific and a bit more detailed and if a random person is reading it, may not be able to match them. Do I make my reference Vague like their description or just word it closer to their description?

There are also 2 other things in Chemist NOC that i did not include but I participated in. Major issue here is that i have almost equal amount of tasks done in both NOC's and a lot of things overlap/ are similar. Chemist is skill level A and Chemical tech is skill Level B.

Mmamaroon:

In general, each NOC has several duties listed as bullet points on the NOC website.
A) Number these bullet points from 1 to 20 or wherever it stops
B) put the appropriate number beside your JD duties and repost for review

This way you and anyone helping should be able to see if most of the duties have been covered....or not.

#MyNOCAdvice
#ScientificMatching
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 10:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
Congratulations miolad20

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by grace789: 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2020
There is Alliance Francaise. They teach French. Google them up.

Midapat:

Pls how can I go about learning French. I'm interested. I need valid information because I don't understand more than bonjour. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2020
What's wrong??
Any hassles.??.UAE PCC takes a day. Go to the minstery of interior website.

shadama:

I'm so inspired by this. Such a short processing time, no hitches and it's even with the dreaded AVO.
I've been delayed almost a month in submitting my application due to issues getting a UAE police report for my husband... this unnecessary delay has really demoralised me.
I tap into your blessings! I need it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
You were 100% right. Very detailed JD and WAY WAY WAY out of my league and not an industry I know at all...in fact the NOC items are looking similar to each other..but giving it my best "educated" shot.

General comment...do not forget to incorporate the lead statement. You might also want to check out other NOCs in the 214 series esp 2145 petroleum engineers.

NOC 2134 item 9 starts with "may"...my interpretation not an essential duty. Same with 2112 items 10 and 11.

NOC 2112 vs 2211 the first is professional and the second is technical like you already said. So would you be able to do the duties had you not gone to Uni and gotten a relevant degree but were learning on the job?..that's how I would describe the difference. Not that IRCC cares about the degree, but that just helps you pick between the 2, I guess. The very first JD shows this clearly C1 is analysing and synthesizing while CT7 is just conducting and assisting in. I may be wrong though.

Other comments in red below, please take with a SACK of salt!

AyeeshaB:
Please help me check against NOC 2134- Chemical Engineers (9 duties)

• Design, Modelling and Simulation of Oil Processing Facilities and Gas Compression systems- 1, 4 great for 4, ok for 1
• Hydraulic analysis using HYSYS and PIPESIM software as tools- 2, 3 great for 3, ok for 2 (analysis here but NOC systems conduct research)...can you elaborate on acronyms?
• Process Calculations and Process Engineering Support.- 3, 4 great for both
Pipeline.- 2 great for 2
• Involved in Project Pre-FEED activities and Design Review for a Flow Station Expansion Project.- 1 great for 1 assuming pre FEED means same thing as tech and economic feasibility
• Involved in Conceptual and Basic Engineering design of surface facilities for a Greenfield Project.- 1looks more like item 4 to me
• Contribution to the preparation of Basis of Design for Projects- 2 great for 2
Project.- 7 great for 7
• Involved in Risk Assessments and HAZID workshops.- 6 no idea....elaborate on acronym
• Development of Commercial Evaluation Criteria for FPSO bidders.- 7, 9 7 great, 9 ok
• Review and Modification of Existing PFD’s and P&ID’s.- 5 huh? Say what? Acronyms again!

2. Please help me check against NOC 2112- Chemist (11 duties) and 2211- Chemical Technologist 9 duties)

standard operating procedure (SOP).- C1, CT7
analysis.- C2, CT4
• Daily Report writing of analysis conducted in the laboratory and factory. -CT3, C3
• Calibration of laboratory and factory equipment such as weighing balances and pH meters.- CT2
random sampling.- C2, C3
• Ensure good manufacturing practice (GMP) is followed.CT5, C2
• Quality control and Approve release of finished products from factory to warehouse after thorough quality checks.- C2
• Supervision of interns, trainee Chemists and technicians.- C11

My major issue is the NOC description is vague but my work experience is specific and a bit more detailed and if a random person is reading it, may not be able to match them. Do I make my reference Vague like their description or just word it closer to their description?

There are also 2 other things in Chemist NOC that i did not include but I participated in. Major issue here is that i have almost equal amount of tasks done in both NOC's and a lot of things overlap/ are similar. Chemist is skill level A and Chemical tech is skill Level B.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 11, 2020
Midapat:

Pls how can I go about learning French. I'm interested. I need valid information because I don't understand more than bonjour. Thanks in anticipation.

Reading through the TEF thread may help.

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration#70227147
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by luckygeee: 11:33pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hi guys please I have a question that really need answers. I want to change my NOC from Chemical Engineering to Educator/teacher because most province require you to have an engineering license. The issue is that I have 4 years experience working as a chemical engineer and my bank statements will show my salaries paid by my engineering company but I can show proof that I taught in a school for 3 years. Will my bank statement contradict my claim as a teacher?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Midapat(f): 11:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
grace789:
There is Alliance Francaise. They teach French. Google them up.

Thanks I appreciate your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by LeProfeseurJean: 12:16am On Nov 12, 2020
I've not gotten reply, can I use Ibtc mutual funds statement of account for pof pls who has succeeded in using same
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jobola1: 12:29am On Nov 12, 2020
Una well done o.

I am writing the ielts later this month. I need study materials. If anyone has link for IELTS 15 material, that will be helpful. Sank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 12:31am On Nov 12, 2020
Thank you so much. For someone not in the Industry, you did well.
I have actually done a totally new JD closer and less detailed/specific and also removed the acronyms smiley. I don't want to take chances.
Petroleum Engineer is totally different and also the NOC description is totally different, nothing I do is there.

For the 2112 vs 2211 its tricky because in Nigeria and most countries you need a degree to do some part of what I was doing, as far as I know, probably minimum of HND while the other part probably could be learnt on the job. So i would probably just adjust it to have more of one of the NOC's and choose 1, its tending more towards the Chemical Tech- skill level B.

Yes I agree May is not essential but it was part of what I did and helps to compensate for the "essential" ones that I did not do (very subjective depending on Industry)

Do you agree its better i make the descriptions for NOC 2134 less specific? I think its better that way.

Thanks again for your help.
Mmamaroon:
You were 100% right. Very detailed JD and WAY WAY WAY out of my league and not an industry I know at all...in fact the NOC items are looking similar to each other..but giving it my best "educated" shot.

General comment...do not forget to incorporate the lead statement. You might also want to check out other NOCs in the 214 series esp 2145 petroleum engineers.

NOC 2134 item 9 starts with "may"...my interpretation not an essential duty. Same with 2112 items 10 and 11.

NOC 2112 vs 2211 the first is professional and the second is technical like you already said. So would you be able to do the duties had you not gone to Uni and gotten a relevant degree but were learning on the job?..that's how I would describe the difference. Not that IRCC cares about the degree, but that just helps you pick between the 2, I guess. The very first JD shows this clearly C1 is analysing and synthesizing while CT7 is just conducting and assisting in. I may be wrong though.

Other comments in red below, please take with a SACK of salt!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ovywils: 12:41am On Nov 12, 2020
It's for spouse's IELTS.
I did a screenshot of what I saw on cic website
Mmamaroon:

Can't recall if this is a glitch or if there should be an upload option.....my suggestion would be to update spouse's LOE in the corresponding spouse placeholder e.g. if the LOE is about spouse's medicals upload in one PDF along with eMedical form or if LOE is about ECA upload in one PDF along with ECA, IELTS & degree certificate.

OR

If it's not about any of the things for which spouse has a placeholder then upload where you would put PA's optional docs/LOE.

Good luck!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Pweetytomi: 12:42am On Nov 12, 2020
miolad20:
My Timeline
Apr 2018 - IELTS - LRWS 7.5, 9, 6.5, 8 First attempt (BC)
July 2018 - WES - BSc
July 2018 - CRS Score 398
Dec 2019 - Finished MBA
Mar 2020 - IELTS - LRWS 9,9,7.5,7.5 Second attempt (MOD) - I used ieltsliz and ieltsonlinetests to prepare.
Apr 2020 - WES Evaluation for MBA
ITA - Aug 5

This is my testimony soonest in Jesus name. I tap into this!!!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.