Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,514 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358507 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 8:01pm On Nov 13, 2020
I don't have the answers to all your questions but what is certain is that reading scores literally never change because its not subjective. The answers are the answers and cant change, if you know what I mean. With writing, there is a chance you scores may change, most changes I have seen are +0.5.
I would advise you register for another test.

peejay03:
Hello everyone, despite my consistent practice, i am still stuck with Ielts cry cry. Please i have few questions regarding my result. Which would you advice?

1. A remark for reading/writing and wait for the outcome. Is an upgrade assured for both?
2. A remark for reading/writing and also register for another test. This is in case the first option does not come out favorable.
3. How much is MOD remark?
4. Does the remark payment apply to each of the test or it covers for both?

Listening - 8
Speaking - 7
Reading - 5.5
Writing - 6.5

Would really appreciate your responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by peejay03: 8:26pm On Nov 13, 2020
@ayeeshab, @deedorte, @kennedychinedu. Thank you for your responses. Will register for another exam next year but for now, I'll practice more to improve my weak areas. Much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2020
Peejay03 go on YouTube watch all of Liz videos , go on her blog too read everything she has there. On instagram use IELTS essentials or IELTSng , they equally post valuable information and videos that helps. Ieltsliz blog is a citadel of knowledge. Check out the British council mobile application on your App Store test 1-3 is free, then you have to pay to unlock test 4&5.
Just do more of reading practice you’ll be fine. All the best with your next IELTS test.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MINTss: 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2020
peejay03:
Hello everyone, despite my consistent practice, i am still stuck with Ielts cry cry. Please i have few questions regarding my result. Which would you advice?

1. A remark for reading/writing and wait for the outcome. Is an upgrade assured for both?
2. A remark for reading/writing and also register for another test. This is in case the first option does not come out favorable.
3. How much is MOD remark?
4. Does the remark payment apply to each of the test or it covers for both?

Listening - 8
Speaking - 7
Reading - 5.5
Writing - 6.5

Would really appreciate your responses.

You can check out on you tube, jay from E2language, Adam in write to top and ielts advantage. Especially the first two. I hope it helps

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2020
Pweetytomi:

I used WES for Hubby's ECA in sept 2020. Transcript was sent electronically from OAU through Etx-ng to wes 10th of sept and status was updated immediately. I got the ecopy of ECA on 29th of sept 2020. No verification needed. I'll encourage you to try sending your transcript electronically if you intend using WES. It saves processing time. Though I don't know if work is going on now due to ASUU strike. You can pm me so I'll give you the contact of the person that helped with my transcript.

@Pweetytomi. Please I am still expecting your response. Still waiting. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ogbeniDM: 8:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
Good evening house,

Please has anyone been able to successfully make payment for PR or PNP applications using Nigerian bank cards?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Pweetytomi: 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2020
Betterlife2018:

@Pweetytomi. Please I am still expecting your response. Still waiting. Thank you.
I've replied, kindly check your messages

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bekayy: 8:54pm On Nov 13, 2020
I sincerely wish you all the best.

shadama:

That's what we've done so far. I guess they are wrong to be turning us away at the UAE embassy but I have argued tire. I will just carry on and see how it goes. Thank you so much for your help and thanks to your friend too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2020
ogbeniDM:
Good evening house,

Please has anyone been able to successfully make payment for PR or PNP applications using Nigerian bank cards?
Due to Fx restrictions on bank cards in Nigeria , you can only do a max of $200 for now on Nigerian bank cards. You may have to open a dollar account and fund via black market or get a TRUSTWORTHY PERSON in Canada to use his or her card, or use the barter flutter wave virtual dollar card.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 10:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
AyeeshaB:
Hey guys, please how long has WES evaluation taken in recent time?

After about 4 months of back and forth and lies (even after paying a contact), Unilag just sent notification of result (in place of certificate) last week even though transcript has been there since 10th Sept. and counting 35 working days would mean January for ECA and i turn 30 in January sad
Our score this week with husbands IELTS is now 474, we were projecting WES to be done October if not for Unilag's rubbish and now CRS cutoff is getting higher, so upset sad sigh
Why not upload your certificate by yourself?
I did mine with Unilag. Applied and paid for transcript online and uploaded my certificate directly on WES' portal.
That's all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Emerald86: 11:11pm On Nov 13, 2020
Good evening all, please I have been trying to log into my cic account but can't, I even tried creating another one but it still returns me back to home page after creating the account, and not a page to fill the form. However my SINP is still accessible but ircc isn't. Please what do I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Markswag101: 11:19pm On Nov 13, 2020
Good Evening house,

Pls can WES evaluate ICA(institute for credit administration) as a second certificate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by parbz: 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2020
Kindly use IELTS GT cambridge (All versions) for your reading and IELTSAdvantage for your writing.
I wish you all the best.
peejay03:
@ayeeshab, @deedorte, @kennedychinedu. Thank you for your responses. Will register for another exam next year but for now, I'll practice more to improve my weak areas. Much appreciated.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 11:51pm On Nov 13, 2020
Thats why I said "notification of result" in place of certificate. He doesn't have his certificate, he never collected it. If we had the certificate we wont have gone through all this.

We paid for transcript July, and August we got a contact because no progress. We asked the contact guy to help us with the statement but he insisted we send it with the transcript and he lied that it was sent, this was in August/sept. He also lied they don't give paper copies, I really don't know what his aim was because it makes zero sense why he would lie about that (after paying him 15k).

Package got there Sept 10 and they only updated transcript was received, we told him and he kept insisting it was sent, then he stopped picking calls then strike happened, then back and forth calls to WES and they double checked, then there was protest break and then we now got someone else to do it and the person found out it had not even been processed at all, even after paying for it 3 months prior (Unilag is useless like that) and we got the copy of the notification of result some days after and uploaded it last week by ourselves.

Rhuth:

Why not upload your certificate by yourself?
I did mine with Unilag. Applied and paid for transcript online and uploaded my certificate directly on WES' portal.
That's all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dammyope126: 11:57pm On Nov 13, 2020
Can someone please help me on what to do? I tried creating a profile for EE but I couldn't go beyond the POF column. I'm a family of 3 and I filled in $24,000 CAD. Kindly help please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Amylicious: 12:09am On Nov 14, 2020
If you need an IELTS tutor, send a mail to @smoothtest055gmail.com
AyeeshaB:
I don't have the answers to all your questions but what is certain is that reading scores literally never change because its not subjective. The answers are the answers and cant change, if you know what I mean. With writing, there is a chance you scores may change, most changes I have seen are +0.5.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yommywindy09: 12:14am On Nov 14, 2020
MissMa01:

According to the messages here and the first page, yes you can. Alternatively, just search mutual fund on previous threads to confirm for yourself.

Can i contact you privatelly LeProfeseurJean. I havae some questions about using Stanbic IBTC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nacho4: 12:26am On Nov 14, 2020
Enter the exact IRCC POF amount for family of 3
Dammyope126:
Can someone please help me on what to do? I tried creating a profile for EE but I couldn't go beyond the POF column. I'm a family of 3 and I filled in $24,000 CAD. Kindly help please. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 12:54am On Nov 14, 2020
I don't, I and my husband maxed our IELTS first attempt. Thank you smiley
Amylicious:
If you need an IELTS tutor, send a mail to @smoothtest055gmail.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 2:03am On Nov 14, 2020
Jacknn:
Please I have few questions to ask as I'm just begging the process

1) I have a BSC and OND(3yrs) which I believe can stand for me as 2 or more degrees..I'm I suppose to do Wes evaluation for both degrees or only for my BSC.. I intend using both so as to claim points for 2 or more degrees:;

2) I intend learning French to boast my score going into next yr when I intend to enter the pool; if I'm serious with the French and I use approximately 5 to 6months to prepare for it and ielts can I ace it in that period of time,any body with experience dealing with the French language,how its been done,when will u get ur result, what's the minimum score to get.how many months can one really get prepared to ace the exam and all,just anitin info would do

3) I have 3 years experience including NYSC, but just 1 continuous yrs of experience but I want to claim points for 3yrs,hope it can work..and for the case of proof of payment via the place u work..is the proof of payment via bank statement just for like 6months back or a year etc,how many months or years do de ask of from ur bank statement when applying thankss

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 2:05am On Nov 14, 2020
AyeeshaB:
Thats why I said "notification of result" in place of certificate. He doesn't have his certificate, he never collected it. If we had the certificate we wont have gone through all this.

We paid for transcript July, and August we got a contact because no progress. We asked the contact guy to help us with the statement but he insisted we send it with the transcript and he lied that it was sent, this was in August/sept. He also lied they don't give paper copies, I really don't know what his aim was because it makes zero sense why he would lie about that (after paying him 15k).

Package got there Sept 10 and they only updated transcript was received, we told him and he kept insisting it was sent, then he stopped picking calls then strike happened, then back and forth calls to WES and they double checked, then there was protest break and then we now got someone else to do it and the person found out it had not even been processed at all, even after paying for it 3 months prior (Unilag is useless like that) and we got the copy of the notification of result some days after and uploaded it last week by ourselves.

Wow. I'm so sorry about all these.
Fingers crossed. If you stay in Lagos, try and visit the school

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by deedorte: 4:19am On Nov 14, 2020
Rhuth:

Firstly, try and read and digest page one of this thread.
Secondly, BSc and OND is not 2 or more certificates.
It's BSc + masters
BSc + Diploma (like pgd or those professional certification courses like BCS etc)
OND + HND
If you have BSc and OND, it doesn't mean anything. You only evaluate your BSc, that's one certificate. OND doesn't count with it.
I stand to be corrected though.

You should be corrected.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ogbeniDM: 4:42am On Nov 14, 2020
Debbieeeeeee:

Due to Fx restrictions on bank cards in Nigeria , you can only do a max of $200 for now on Nigerian bank cards. You may have to open a dollar account and fund via black market or get a TRUSTWORTHY PERSON in Canada to use his or her card, or use the barter flutter wave virtual dollar card.
thank you, do you have an idea of the rate barter uses
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by charlione(m): 5:37am On Nov 14, 2020
Hello Elders, I raised CSE to add newborn to my application and was informed the docs have been forwarded to AVO. I also sent to AVO directly but nothing has changed and it's been a month. Does anyone have a similar experience? How long does it take to reflect in our profile? I'm August AOR. Or is it cos my application is still less than 6 months? I've seen people whose application is up to a year being attended to within days.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by abnot: 5:40am On Nov 14, 2020
AyeeshaB:

It was a good attempt but from what I’ve seen scores for listening and reading don’t change. Nevertheless reading is the most challenging task and you may be surprised finding out that you lost points on some questions you were so sure of particularly the true, false and not given task
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DadR: 5:46am On Nov 14, 2020
Rhuth:

Firstly, try and read and digest page one of this thread.
[s]Secondly, BSc and OND is not 2 or more certificates[/s].
It's BSc + masters
BSc + Diploma (like pgd or those professional certification courses like BCS etc)
OND + HND
[s]If you have BSc and OND, it doesn't mean anything. You only evaluate your BSc, that's one certificate. OND doesn't count with it.[/s]
I stand to be corrected though.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by shadama: 6:36am On Nov 14, 2020
Jacknn:
Please I have few questions to ask as I'm just begging the process

1) I intend using both so as to claim points for 2 or more degrees:;

2) I intend learning French to boast my score

3) I have 3 years experience including NYSC, but just 1 continuous yrs of experience
1. Yes it is considered 2 or more so evaluate both together
2. Learning French probably has a lot to do with personal abilities, I don't know about scores but there is a TEF thread on nairaland where you should be able to get more info
3. Yes you need a minimum of 1 year continuous, and the rest can be fragmented. You don't need to submit bank statements as proof of salary payment, your reference letter from your employer in IRCC format will include your salary and the ref letter is sufficient.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by isaacola57: 7:17am On Nov 14, 2020
shadama:

1. Yes it is considered 2 or more so evaluate both together
2. Learning French probably has a lot to do with personal abilities, I don't know about scores but there is a TEF thread on nairaland where you should be able to get more info
3. Yes you need a minimum of 1 year continuous, and the rest can be fragmented. You don't need to submit bank statements as proof of salary payment, your reference letter from your employer in IRCC format will include your salary and the ref letter is sufficient.
are u sure u don't need to submit bank statements as proof of salary.. any other person should attest to this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Uzogidi: 7:48am On Nov 14, 2020
peejay03:
Hello, like others have adviced practice more. A man on YouTube Asad Yaqub will break down reading answering skills to the simplest form. Like someone earlier adviced on here IGNORE his accent., you will be glad you watched his videos.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by elohim24: 8:06am On Nov 14, 2020
I'm still on IQAS brouhaha. I've been trying for days now and I can't get past application stage. Is it worth taking risk of using Wes evaluation of LLB to claim professional degree as state on cic website. It is really frustrating to say the least. My wife's birthday is in July and I can't be PA again as my birthday is next month. I'm seriously frustrated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Amylicious: 8:17am On Nov 14, 2020
You can always contact @smoothtest055@gmail.com they helped me max out my IELTS

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.