Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,499 members, 7,808,848 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358497 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oluwapomile1: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
wasseynewest:
Congratulations boss! grin

Boss of bosses. Your blessings go yafuyafu. God bless you plenty abeg

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yeldey: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
Pay for an Express Entry application – Nigeria
The International Experience Canada participation fee increased by $3 (from $153 to $156) on December 1, 2020.

Please how I saw the above on IRCC website, do one needs to pay before opening an Express Entry profile?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2020
yeldey:
Pay for an Express Entry application – Nigeria
The International Experience Canada participation fee increased by $3 (from $153 to $156) on December 1, 2020.

Please how I saw the above on IRCC website, do one needs to pay before opening an Express Entry profile?
No you don’t pay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Betterlife2018: 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
A LESSON TO LEARN

Let's do all we can to perfect our applications pls

Copied from canadavisa ��

Long read.

But bear with me
AOR Sep 7, 2018. FSW-O, Nigerian Citizen and Resident. Family of 2 (or so I thought). I am the Primary Applicant
PPR:Mar 26, 2019, Visa&COPR: Apr 26, 2019
So with the above in ind, wifey and I set about quitting our jobs, selling off our remaining assets, running down the lease, As an accountant, I already started the process of getting my CPA. Apart from the obvious physical stuff, there was also the mental side of getting ready to move to a foreign country. We set a travel date of Jun 20, 2019. Just for kicks, we splurged on Business Class tickets for the one-way trip (twas EgyptAir- still cheaper than economy class of other airlines).
Touchdown in YYZ on Jun 21,2019.

At this point you are wondering, isn't this the normal landing gist we dey usually read �

After the CBSA officer questions my wife about family composition, she says she cannot land us. Because my wife says she has a 10 year old daughter but the CBSA officer says she cannot find her in the application. We vehemently argue that my wife's daughter is on the application and she should check the system carefully. After a few hours, the CBSA officer allows us into Canada but landing is not completed as she holds on to our passports and asks us to return to the airport on Jul 5, 2019. At this point, we were still unclear as to what we had done wrong.
In the intervening period, and after contacting IRCC, I found out that the mistake is indeed mine. While it was indeed true that while we listed my wife's daughter in the family section of my wife, I did not list her IN the application as my stepdaughter so she didn't go through admissibility tests. The error was mine but I am slightly upset that this is something that should have been caught and addressed by the IRCC when reviewing the application. not really making any excuses, but it never did occur to me that I had a stepdaughter when filling the forms. With benefit of hindsight, when we received the COPR and my wife's COPR did not at least have a dependant listed, it should have triggered something I saw that but I thought that well the IRCC had gone through everything and if there was a problem they would let me know.
Back to the timeline,
Jul 3, 2019: IRCC sends me a letter to include my step daughter in the application. Forms, birth certificate and international passport. We have 30 days to provide the information.
Jul 5, 2019: we return to the airport for the CBSA interview where she informs us that our visas had been cancelled without prejudice and we were to leave Canada immediately (Voluntarily though). Somehow, we were lucky because all the flights were booked and we were able to get our things to leave on July 8
Jul 10, 2019: We return to Lagos, Nigeria after a 2 day journey. Later that night, I get a Procedural Fairness Letter to provide the same information in the letter of July 3. This time, only 7 days was given as the deadline. Not sure why I received this.
Jul 15, 2019: Submit the information required. If there was any delay, it was because we had to get an International Passport for my stepdaughter.
Jul 16, 2019: Receive Medical form for my stepdaughter. Profile updated we are now a family of 3, Stepdaughter is non-accompanying.
Jul 21, 2019: Stepdaughter Medical Passed
Silence afterwards
Aug 9, 2019: Our (My wife and I) medicals expire
More silence.
Aug 20, 2019: Office of Ralph Goodale assists in confirming status " ...As before, eligibility, criminality, and security checks are passed. Medicals are expired. The response to the Procedural Fairness letter is awaiting review. Timelines are not available."
Today: still waiting

Side note: Returning to Nigeria now means that we have no jobs, no place of our own to live, no car etc. I moved our POF funds to Canada in anticipation of the "once in a lifetime" move and to get the money back, another story. It should be easy to reintegrate back to a country where I have lived almost all my life but It does not necessarily happen to be the case. Trying to get a temporary job is a nightmare. The irony is that my wife is now expecting "our kid". Chances that a new medical will be required is high and with Xrays and stuff, who knows how long this will take.

Not sure why I am sharing this here, maybe it's therapeutic. Lessons have been learnt. Just hoping for this to end.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2020
Betterlife2018:
A LESSON TO LEARN

Omo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Efeosa5(f): 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2020
Thank you
davidflo:

Click on the date of your result (21st November...)

Takes you to another page where u scroll to result from test and date. Click on result. You will see it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Richdee1(m): 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
Betterlife2018:
A LESSON TO LEARN
Mehn, this man mental health has been tried! I felt that

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by YesLadyN: 10:45pm On Dec 05, 2020
Hi everyone,

Can one book for medicals in expectation of ITA (that’s book a date that’s projected to be post ITA)? Has anyone done this and succeeded?

I’d appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by dyduds(m): 3:25am On Dec 06, 2020
YesLadyN:
Hi everyone,

Can one book for medicals in expectation of ITA (that’s book a date that’s projected to be post ITA)? Has anyone done this and succeeded?

I’d appreciate your thoughts on this. Thanks.

Yes, I did same
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by step1: 3:33am On Dec 06, 2020
Defjamb:

Pls any updates on this

No update, we are all surprise that passport stamping is now a big deal for accra VO
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by temibanks(m): 4:05am On Dec 06, 2020
Quick Question: about Job Reference Letter

I held two roles in my company; as an Accountant (Past role) and as a Finance Manager (Current Role) - Both combination= 3+ yrs

Option A: while filling my EE profile should I separate both roles (signifying the start and end date for both roles) or

Option B: should I just use the current role, and let my Reference Letter reflect the difference in roles.

Knowing that this is just one work experience declaration, and there will only be one placeholder per work experience declaration.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by crestedaguiyi: 4:49am On Dec 06, 2020
How did you guys pay WES.ORG for ECA.
The website is rejecting my firstbank mastercard.

Somebody help pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by geloorrrrdd(m): 6:15am On Dec 06, 2020
Like how much total will someone spend if he intends to relocate to Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lekiboboe: 6:32am On Dec 06, 2020
Rbae:
Good morning everyone. Please, I need help on the following.

A graduate who is a chemist and has a high grade in his B.sc and M.sc (a first class) is interested in a fully sponsored PhD scholarship in any Canadian university. Please, can you help with suggestions and how he can go about it?

Secondly, I need help on how to go about saskatchewan immigrant nominee programme. Please, help. Thanks.

Good Morning Rbae,

Would only be able to answer your first question

You need to first of all do a thorough research on schools offering PHD CHEMISTRY OR CHEMISTRY RELATED PROGRAMS

see the links below

Schools Offering

PHD IN CHEMISTRY
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Chemistry&program_level_merged=Doctorate&program_language=ENGLISH

PHD IN BIOCHEMISTRY
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Biochemistry&program_level_merged=Doctorate&program_language=ENGLISH

PHD IN FOOD SCIENCE
https://www.universitystudy.ca/search-programs/?k=Food+Science&program_level_merged=Doctorate&program_language=ENGLISH

After googling & going through the above schools, the next thing that's gonna be required of u is to secure a Supervisor (Professor) before you can get a PH.D Admission, sequel to that, endeavor to reach out to lots of Professors (of different schools) as much as possible, so you can widen your horizon as regards your PHD Admission search and have lots of options

The content in the link below is your plug for that

Full guides on how to apply for PH.D programs in Canadian Universities, Secure a Supervisor and also get possible FUNDING (SCHOLARSHIP)
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/111#90933556

Endeavor to visit the CANADA STUDY VISA THREAD for based on experience inputs on this

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rotile247(m): 7:31am On Dec 06, 2020
geloorrrrdd:
Like how much total will someone spend if he intends to relocate to Canada?

5m (1m for application, 4m for proof of fund) DIY.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by geloorrrrdd(m): 7:43am On Dec 06, 2020
rotile247:

5m (1m for application, 4m for proof of fund) DIY.

Nice. Can you point me to the right direction? Where to get started..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:04am On Dec 06, 2020
geloorrrrdd:

Page 1

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by rotile247(m): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2020
geloorrrrdd:

Everything you need is in page1 as well as resources. You'll need to invest time in reading while asking questions here on grey areas.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by alertbest(m): 9:09am On Dec 06, 2020
Hi,

Someone said if I evaluate my HND and ND(part time of 3years), it can serve as two or more certificate. Please how true is this?

Can having running loan on app like branch and co affect PR decision post ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by LeProfeseurJean: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2020
Ih123:

Oct 27, MEP 3rd dec
But no BIL yet

Did u pay rprf upfront
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kaygirl33: 10:42am On Dec 06, 2020
NaijaGoingMaple:
The golden email visited us yesterday. It's PPR and we're grateful for the faithfulness of our God who's made this possible.

>>> Keep the fire burning, and faith unfaltering!
Congratulations. May our new land favour you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by marybolaalonge(f): 11:19am On Dec 06, 2020
Good morning everyone. Please I need your advice here. I have a BSc in Microbiology, one year work experience as an administrative Assistant ( NYSC). 21years of age. Please will you advice me to go to the UK for masters in International human resources management or process PR to Canada. What can I do to boost my CRS apart from French which might take long time.
I'm thinking of applying for PR from the UK after mater's but I don't know how hard that will be considering Part time job can't be counted as part of work experience.
Please advice me house process PR to Canada to just go to the UK for masters. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by horlorbah(m): 11:27am On Dec 06, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
How did you guys pay WES.ORG for ECA.
The website is rejecting my firstbank mastercard.

Somebody help pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by dunwun: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2020
Nedu2144:

The B1 and B2 are contractors(kind of outsourcing Companies) in which they always put employees after recruiting. I still perform my duties for the company A. Just that I receive salary frm the B1(then) nd B2(now). We don't know them. And Company A bluntly told me that anything pertaining to ref letter would be from B1 and B2.

This matter tire me

Pm me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by GeologistMajor: 11:32am On Dec 06, 2020
marybolaalonge:
Good morning everyone. Please I need your advice here. I have a BSc in Microbiology, one year work experience as an administrative Assistant ( NYSC). 21years of age. Please will you advice me to go to the UK for masters in International human resources management or process PR to Canada. What can I do to boost my CRS apart from French which might take long time.
I'm thinking of applying for PR from the UK after mater's but I don't know how hard that will be considering Part time job can't be counted as part of work experience.
Please advice me house process PR to Canada to just go to the UK for masters. Thank you
I will advice to go for your MSc in the UK and during your studies you can simultaneously learn the French.
Or if you have the opportunity, get a job to make up your work experience to 3 years while you get an online masters or other professional courses (to qualify for 2 or more cert)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kendrix69(m): 11:42am On Dec 06, 2020
marybolaalonge:
Part time job can be counted
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kendrix69(m): 11:43am On Dec 06, 2020
temibanks:
Quick Question: about Job Reference Letter

I held two roles in my company; as an Accountant (Past role) and as a Finance Manager (Current Role) - Both combination= 3+ yrs

Option A: while filling my EE profile should I separate both roles (signifying the start and end date for both roles) or

Option B: should I just use the current role, and let my Reference Letter reflect the difference in roles.

Knowing that this is just one work experience declaration, and there will only be one placeholder per work experience declaration.
Option A, plus its not one work Experience. Its two, Since both JD are diff.

I have a similar case, but for mine i was doing both Roles at the same time( Yes it was possible as one couldn’t function without the other) someone here advised me to pick the Job that matches most with the NOC duties.

That aside pick option A (This would probably mean you need two ref letters)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by muymacho: 11:54am On Dec 06, 2020
Betterlife2018:
A LESSON TO LEARN

Omo x1000

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by muymacho: 12:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
marybolaalonge:

If you can afford to pay for Masters why not do it in Canada? In terms of building scores for CRS nothing can be that, extra point for studying in Canada, extra point for living there, if you get a job under your noc no pof needed, you might meet the love of your life there who already has pr etc. UK masters does not add anything you will even pay for wes join.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by marybolaalonge(f): 12:09pm On Dec 06, 2020
GeologistMajor Thank you so much. I'm just scared by the time I'm done in like 4years time getting PR to Canada might be stricter and all:

I will advice to go for your MSc in the UK and during your studies you can simultaneously learn the French.
Or if you have the opportunity, get a job to make up your work experience to 3 years while you get an online masters or other professional courses (to qualify for 2 or more cert)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by marybolaalonge(f): 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
I wish I could by it's second class lower with a low CGPA, scared of being denied visa and all since the rate of visa denial these days is alarming
muymacho:

If you can afford to pay for Masters why not do it in Canada? In terms of building scores for CRS nothing can be that, extra point for studying in Canada, extra point for living there, if you get a job under your noc no pof needed, you might meet the love of your life there who already has pr etc. UK masters does not add anything you will even pay for wes join.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by clow(m): 12:34pm On Dec 06, 2020
JudiTee:

Xe.com
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.