Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1358241 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Igethope: 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
adosjun:

Two IELTS results has been released since the last draw and two weeks interval from the last draw adding to PNP massive nomination. 469 go hard..

People pass this IELTS well well join

Hmmm, we are taking about 5000 ITAs here. Considering that a lot of 469 is already out of the pool, today’s draw should be 467-468. But we shall find out in few hours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ominitayo(m): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
Could it be less?!

embarassed

I need it at 465 or close to that.

Igethope:

Hmmm, we are taking about 5000 ITAs here. Considering that a lot of 469 is already out of the pool, today’s draw should be 467-468. But we shall find out in few hours.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by horlorbah(m): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2020

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Framaro: 1:19pm On Dec 09, 2020
Hello all,
I have an appointment at Qlife for tomorrow but I won't be able to make it due to an emergency situation. If you are interested in swapping, pls send me a pm.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by DFreeze: 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
[quote author=Farajobi post=96889362][/quote]

Thanks for your response.
What I do is just selling stuffs online similar to selling on Jumia or Konga. Well, this role is under NOC 0 which makes it nice but the thing is I don't have the business officially registered though I've got proof of statements of income from this business as I have been in the business since 2014 and can show invoice as well as the bank transaction statements detailing this income over the course of 3 years.

Right now, I'm currently not in this business anymore so, the links to my stores are inactive though I can prove the business's presence on FB over the years.

I know this is slightly burdensome to prove.

What do you reckon?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ecanes: 2:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
Congratulation. Thank God Accra finally released you. Waiting for my own release.

SunshineD1:
Praise the Lord!!!
PPR... Finally.

I came across this thread on Nairaland some months after AOR, in fact we were already PPR expectant and reading PPR/landing gists, gave me great joy.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Rhuth: 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
confidential20:
Yes I'm using a GTB Naira card and what I'm paying if converted to US Dollars is 185$ not up to 200$. I've tried my UBA Naira card as well and still I have not been able to make the payment. Any suggestions on how else I can make the payment. My bank UBA doesn't offer Western Union Transfer.
Try Access mastercard if you have
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by TOdus18(f): 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
Mmamaroon:

A) Number the NOC duties from 1 to wherever it stops
B) put the appropriate number from A) above beside each of your work experience letter JD duties.

This way you and anyone helping should be able to see if most of the duties have been covered....or not.

#NOCAdvice
#ScientificMatching

Thank you so much for the response @mmamaroon
I have now done this below. I'll appreciate your feedback

Duties
1. Review business plan template and identify new business opportunities
2. Assist in company branding and communications and develop client retention strategies
3. Receive clients/visitors, respond to enquiries and keep visitors’ log book up to date (NOC no eight)
4. Receive all calls and mails and transfer to the appropriate department (NOC no 2 & 5)
5. Receive court affidavits and other documents, log and pass on to the necessary department (NOC no 1)
6. Receive office imprest and handle purchase of office supplies (NOC no 4)
7. Prepare monthly financial expense report and keep the office supplies journal up to date (NOC no 4)
8. Carry out due diligence on prospective clients or business partners and prepare comprehensive report (NOC no 1)
9. Prepare meeting agenda; anchor and organize staff meetings, conferences or annual
performance review meetings; prepare minutes and disseminate to all staff (NOC no 9 & 13)
10. Organise the Managing Partner’s daily and weekly activities (NOC no 3)
11. Carry out interview and orientation of new staff, review employee policy manual and manage staff
12. Create official email addresses for new staff and teach how to use it and other necessary office programs and tools (NOC no 12)
13. Organise the Managing Partner’s travel logistics for visits to other company branches and travel logistics of other members of staff (NOC no 10)

NOC 1241 (Admin Assistants)
1. Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
2. Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
3. Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
4. Order office supplies and maintain inventory
5. Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages

6. Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
7. Determine and establish office procedures
8. Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
9. Record and prepare minutes of meetings
10. Arrange travel schedules and make reservations

11. May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
12. May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
13. May organize conferences.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by frankie029: 2:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
SunshineD1:

Congrats

PLEASE, DID YOU GET A JOB IN ALBERTA BEFORE YOU WERE INVITED TO APPLY FOR THEIR PNP?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Igethope: 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
Framaro:
Hello all,
I have an appointment at Qlife for tomorrow but I won't be able to make it due to an emergency situation. If you are interested in swapping, pls send me a pm.
Thank you

Oh great. Let me holla.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by yemiwho(f): 2:32pm On Dec 09, 2020
Hello everyone!
Please does anyone have a sample of verification of certificate and transcript sent from their institution to WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
Great job. Comments in green. Check NOC 6 you probably do this as well i.e. filling stuff

TOdus18:

Thank you so much for the response @mmamaroon
I have now done this below. I'll appreciate your feedback

Duties
1. Review business plan template and identify new business opportunities
2. Assist in company branding and communications and develop client retention strategies
3. Receive clients/visitors, respond to enquiries and keep visitors’ log book up to date (NOC no eight)
Ok
4. Receive all calls and mails and transfer to the appropriate department (NOC no 2 & 5) i think this goes with NOC 5 only not 2
5. Receive court affidavits and other documents, log and pass on to the necessary department (NOC no 1)
this is more NOC 2 i think
6. Receive office imprest and handle purchase of office supplies (NOC no 4)
ok
7. Prepare monthly financial expense report and keep the office supplies journal up to date (NOC no 4)
NOC 1 and 4 ok
8. Carry out due diligence on prospective clients or business partners and prepare comprehensive report (NOC no 1) [color=#0066600]ok[/color]
9. Prepare meeting agenda; anchor and organize staff meetings, conferences or annual
performance review meetings; prepare minutes and disseminate to all staff (NOC no 9 & 13) ok
10. Organise the Managing Partner’s daily and weekly activities (NOC no 3)
ok
11. Carry out interview and orientation of new staff, review employee policy manual and manage staff
12. Create official email addresses for new staff and teach how to use it and other necessary office programs and tools (NOC no 12) ok
13. Organise the Managing Partner’s travel logistics for visits to other company branches and travel logistics of other members of staff (NOC no 10) ok

NOC 1241 (Admin Assistants)
1. Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
2. Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
3. Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
4. Order office supplies and maintain inventory
5. Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages

6. Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
7. Determine and establish office procedures
8. Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
9. Record and prepare minutes of meetings
10. Arrange travel schedules and make reservations

11. May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
12. May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software
13. May organize conferences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Dunsin17: 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
Please o people, How do we contact Accra VO?

No Number or email that one can disturb?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
I’m patiently waiting for the draw today. Who else is waiting? Although I’m not due for ITA yet grin
For those awaiting PPR , God no shame una , it will come as the perfect Christmas gift. Amen

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bjnice(m): 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ebuncrown:
Dear Lawyers,

CES evaluated my LLB as a PROFESSIONAL DEGREE.

So I started my evaluation January 2020 because IQAS was on a break and I don’t have a masters. I called CES to ask how they evaluate LLB and I wasn’t given any conclusive answer and was asked to make my application. I decided to go with CES since WES and LLB are enemies.

I paid 420CAD to evaluate both LLB and BL degree so I as to get points for 2 or more degrees. My application was submitted January 8th, transcript received February 24th and then COVID happened. I totally forgot about the application and started the process all over with IQAS. Finally scaled through transcript phase but “fortunately” I haven’t been able to pay for IQAS due to the daily limit and dollar limit issue.( which is now a blessing ��)

November 10th, CES sent me a mail saying they can’t assess my BL as it was outside their scope of evaluation and my 210CAD would be refunded within 2 weeks. It is was refunded 3days later.

I got the email with a soft copy of my evaluation and First professional degree in Law was staring right at me. So it was worth the wait. If you are patient enough and IQAS is wasting your time, you can go ahead evaluate your LLB degree with CES.

Hello sir, plz I need some info regarding IQAS, Did you submit electronic transcript to IQAS or was it waybill through courier service. I await your reply soonest.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by senoraaquila(f): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
Same here o. Also expectant for those that will receive.
As for me, I'm just waiting for better IELTS result to be able to sit comfortably in the pool. I pray it happens soon before the next birthday sha.
PPR peeps, it will end in praise for you guys.

Debbieeeeeee:
I’m patiently waiting for the draw today. Who else is waiting? Although I’m not due for ITA yet grin
For those awaiting PPR , God no shame una , it will come as the perfect Christmas gift. Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by ShoeShineGuy: 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dunsin17:
Please o people, How do we contact Accra VO?

No Number or email that one can disturb?

Bros/sis you might just want to leave AVO alone o. Stay calm, your PPR will surely come when they're tired of holding on to it..
I still don't know why I keep getting the feedback somewhere in my head that last year's Twitter/online protest against that VO played a part in this extended delay like never before for majority of those files within that timeline...

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nkem111: 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
Hello,

Please can anyone help me with the required form for finger print collection so I can send for processing police clearance certificate in Nigeria. I am currently in Canada and heard i need to send a form with my finger prints. Can't seem to find it online
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by TOdus18(f): 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
Mmamaroon:
Great job. Comments in green. Check NOC 6 you probably do this as well i.e. filling stuff

Thank you so much. I really appreciate this.
I will do the necessary.
I have two more NOCs to bring to you for vetting grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 5:22pm On Dec 09, 2020
I have CAD for sale to anyone who is having issues making any sort of payments online.

I’m in lekki lagos

If interested DM me to discuss modalities

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Candboy: 5:24pm On Dec 09, 2020
No draw today? Sho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by adosjun(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
hayqinsbFX:
I have CAD for sale to anyone who is having issues making any sort of payments online.

I’m in lekki lagos

If interested DM me to discuss modalities

Let's chat WhatsApp 08052767742 besides what rate??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by YesLadyN: 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
Hello,

Please who has reliable contacts/info regarding uniben’s Wes verification?

I’d appreciate your responses. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
Nkem111:
Hello,

Please can anyone help me with the required form for finger print collection so I can send for processing police clearance certificate in Nigeria. I am currently in Canada and heard i need to send a form with my finger prints. Can't seem to find it online

sample documents, page 1 (Police PCC)

https://www.gateway.ng/Police-Report-Form.pdf

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Kendrix69(m): 6:01pm On Dec 09, 2020
Cheerfulmum:
I dont see how stating above pof is a problem. you are even advised to state above the required pof incase of fluctuations. Issues like this is either a primary noc problem or pof is lower than required. @horlorbah 13000 or more is fine. I am a family of 2 and pof is 17000 against 16125. I have ITA already.

i also dont see why its a problem, but read a few pages back ull see that i was ineligible cos of that reason

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Renialistic: 6:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
Is it too early to say no draw today? cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by OBS18: 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
[quote author=Renialistic post=96902584]Is it too early to say no draw today? cry cry cry[/ cry cry

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Prisscindy(f): 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
Prisscindy:
Hi,

My friend, who had a degree foundation diploma from the same uni he completed his bsc with, has been issued a four year bachelor's equivalence and not two or more certificates by WES.

I don't know what went wrong but just wanted to share. Is it possible that if he had evaluated the diploma first then the BSc, it'd have been two or more certificates?

The uni actually gave him a notification of result for his diploma which was uploaded alongside transcripts

This is an update to the above. I decided to ginger my friend to not lose hope and contact WES for an appeal of the ECA. WES was contacted using the online enquiry form and after a month and 3 days, the ECA was updated to two or more certificates.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2020
frankie029:

PLEASE, DID YOU GET A JOB IN ALBERTA BEFORE YOU WERE INVITED TO APPLY FOR THEIR PNP?
they recently introduced job offer. Many Nigerians got picked by Alberta in 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by docsam007: 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
YesLadyN:
Hello,

Please who has reliable contacts/info regarding uniben’s Wes verification?

I’d appreciate your responses. smiley

What do u want to know
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by YesLadyN: 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
docsam007:

What do u want to know

Someone to help follow through with the verification Wes sent to uniben....to avoid delay.

Can you help pls?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Nkem111: 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
God bless you
Mmamaroon:

sample documents, page 1 (Police PCC)

https://www.gateway.ng/Police-Report-Form.pdf

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.