Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,492 members, 7,781,475 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1344106 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Palaexpress: 8:16am On Jan 20, 2021
BlestHanneSSG:

Realistically, 470. Draw hasn't held in a month. Let's keep praying it holds first. We really need a general draw to keep believing as we don't want a repeat of last year's trend as @Igethope earlier pointed out.

All the best fam!

It should be lower than 470. Recall that PNP only and CEC only draws were held, thus removing some CRS score heavy weights from the pool.

All the best to everyone awaiting ITA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:20am On Jan 20, 2021
Naaomi:
This! I thought I was the only one noticing how he jumps on the thread to give quite questionable answers.
Hiiiii Naomi it’s been a long time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 8:26am On Jan 20, 2021
This Canada journey is one that has to do with a lot of research because you’re spending your hard earned money on it whether you like it or not you will need to research and enlighten yourself.
I simple ignore some people who come to ask “repackaged” questions because I believe they should at least research 50 percent before coming to ask questions, but it seems as though they just want like a question and answer session and arrive at their destination sharply which doesn’t ever apply anywhere.
Please eh just read and read, I kid you not the cic.ca website is loaded with any information you may need and this thread from part one is also loaded with personal experiences from IRCC, Wetin you wan ask whey no already dey here ??
Reading won’t hurt anyone at all because you need the information, you’re spending your money and time so please read back and even do a simple google search and you’ll be shook your answers are sitting pretty on the Internet.
This thread is a DIY thread and let’s not encourage lazy minds, let’s keep the thread going with only meaningful conversations and recent trends and not repackaged questions and answers session.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cruzydal(m): 10:33am On Jan 20, 2021
Ymc007:
Send me an email if you can

pls can u help me with it pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by cruzydal(m): 10:34am On Jan 20, 2021
DeevaB:

Can you drop your email address?
pls i will also need it kindly assist
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 10:54am On Jan 20, 2021
OlakunmiSMELTD:

@jacken could you please read from front page as the guru suggest ? Or other alternative is watch enough youtube. As for me I learn quite faster while watching than reading.

However, I would like to guide you with my little experience

. First evaluate your worth or value using CRS online calculator and which would let you know where you stand.

What are the things that would increase your score?

1. You need IETLS general exam which you must not have less than 7.5 band so you if you hate reading then forget passing the exam because no expo.

2. Evaluate your Highest degree only, If you have Phd, Msc and Bsc. You would only have to Evacuate your Phd only and WES cost USD230 I thinks, not that this process depends on your institution became mine took approximately 5months, however some people took just 1month.

3. Remember while doing all this please try to start planning for your proof of Fund (POF) For EE you must show 6months bank statement, however, you can also use gift deed which must be from your father or mother attached with a letter saying that we are giving our Buhari son so so amount and we are not taking it back from him. Please no fake bank statements, if you use Oluwole na OYO u dey be that oooooo

4. Reference letter from work must have company letter heading which states the day you started work and the date you left, your salary and the job duties must be parallel with What you choose when you are applying for EE.
Remember if you use fake reference letter and the visa officer google and call your company then what they told him/her is that they don't know you or you didn't get any reference letter from company. Just be expecting your rejection as soon as possible.

Others are mainly not advisable to be worried about for now.
Medical: blood test like Hiv, tuberculosis , eye test

Police report which you can get at alagbon

Remember, if your CRS score is below 461 you can decide to wait in the pool and join me in fasting and prayers grin because some guru with 467 above self never get.

I never knew the value of reading back to back untill I started my master program here in Europe last year. Please try to start reading ohhh.

Best of luck

Okay thanks, I know all these u said a long time..what I'm asking is nysc experience pple who used it and mention that they where paid i9,800 on thier reference letter via appointment, if they got rejected for it or not. And if how do I go abt it. That was the question. All same thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Liispa(f): 11:02am On Jan 20, 2021
Jacknn:

Okay thanks, I know all these u said a long time..what I'm asking is nysc experience pple who used it and mention that they where paid i9,800 on thier reference letter via appointment, if they got rejected for it or not. And if how do I go abt it. That was the question. All same thanks

I don't believe that's a problem.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by OlakunmiSMELTD: 11:27am On Jan 20, 2021
Jacknn:

In as much you have your genuine reference letter for each work experience you used to claim points. Then you don't have a problem. Just make sure it's has an accurate information.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2021
OlakunmiSMELTD:

In as much you have your genuine reference letter for each work experience you used to claim points. Then you don't have a problem. Just make sure it's has an accurate information.

Thanks a mil
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Jacknn: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2021
[quote author=Liispa post=98251133]

I don't believe that's a problem. [/quote
Thnks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BlestHanneSSG: 11:57am On Jan 20, 2021
Palaexpress:

It should be lower than 470. Recall that PNP only and CEC only draws were held, thus removing some CRS score heavy weights from the pool.

All the best to everyone awaiting ITA.

I indeed desire a lower CRS cut-off. My sis is on 468 and didn't make the ITA last time out due to tie-breaker!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Upton: 12:23pm On Jan 20, 2021
Newmum0615:
@Mmamaroon and all. Happy New Year.

Can you please help me with recent info on any school that can help with a 2nd certificate for 2 or more degrees? NACETEM is saying they are not processing admissions now. I need institutions that are not affected by ASUU cry

Help me biko.

Thanks.

Please how did you contact NACETEM. Can you help with contact number?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by BlestHanneSSG: 12:29pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lagoscooldude:
Yeah! Let's pray it holds first because after watching the video below, my gut feeling tells me it will be a PNP/CEC draw this week again. Hoping and praying it will be a FSW draw undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5AkAiGPkwc

Hmm.. Amen to our prayers o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Naaomi(f): 12:44pm On Jan 20, 2021
My sister, I've been observing quietly. smiley How are you doing?
Debbieeeeeee:

Hiiiii Naomi it’s been a long time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Gracias08: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hello everyone.

I have an issue as regards using NYSC for 1 year of experience, I started working in my PPA around June 2018 and completed the NYSC program in March 2019 which is not up to 1 year.

Will this count as 1 year or should I add 3-months paid internship plus full time 2 years work experience to make it 3years?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by YesLadyN: 1:58pm On Jan 20, 2021
Mmamaroon:

I assume you are only getting an affidavit to show proof of change of name i.e. I was born John Smith but now I am called Wale Obi.....because you don't need to provide BC unless you are claiming sibling points.

I am not a lawyer and previously I thought all affidavits were signed by a notary public = notarization.....but just found out that in Canada, a few people can sign an affidavit, including either a notary public or a commisioner of oaths. I assume the same may apply in Nigeria. This is just google knowledge, so please just ask a lawyer.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/find-notary-public-or-commissioner-oaths-taking-affidavits

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/decisions/taking-affidavits-declarations.html

Thank you @Mmamaroon. I’m not claiming sibling point but I just wanted to be sure I’m doing things the proper way. Thanks once more
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by PanicButton: 1:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
Upton:

Please how did you contact NACETEM. Can you help with contact number?

08138173397 is the Abuja contact number. Perhaps she could assist with other location's contact, or help with your enquiries.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Debbieeeeeee: 2:27pm On Jan 20, 2021
Naaomi:
My sister, I've been observing quietly. smiley How are you doing?
I’m forging ahead gradually. May the remaining part of the journey be kind to us

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Upton: 2:31pm On Jan 20, 2021
PanicButton:

08138173397 is the Abuja contact number. Perhaps she could assist with other location's contact, or help with your enquiries.
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by OlakunmiSMELTD: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2021
Gracias08:
Hello everyone.

I have an issue as regards using NYSC for 1 year of experience, I started working in my PPA around June 2018 and completed the NYSC program in March 2019 which is not up to 1 year.

Will this count as 1 year or should I add 3-months paid internship plus full time 2 years work experience to make it 3years?

To be quite honest with you I will only give my answer base on my perceptive.
June 2018 - March 2019 is approximately 9months which is not up to 1year.

If you can proof all your 3 years work experience that you claim with a genue reference letter from your previous and present work place. Then you would be able to fall in the range of 3 years or more which I believed that's what you want.

I hope that enlighten you a bit?
However, you can still make further research
Best of luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by OlakunmiSMELTD: 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2021
With this histogram analysis, I guess the point will drop and the thread would increase

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Goodskills: 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hello everyone, Sorry i might be going out of the general context here but i was thinking if anyone has some information of selling skills/ certification that can be done before moving to Canada which i know tech skills are selling really hot . but certifications or training like AWS , GCP or other cloud computing are different within regions/ countries any one have some information on this. and again for people that are abit free in Nigeria now investment in bootcamps before moving to Canada might not be a bad idea because bootcamps in Canada are very expensive from my research as high as 15,000cad. BTW not only tech Sha because Tech is not for everyone. But there are some easy to enter tech skills what do you think sorry its my first time of posting and I am coming with this long annoying write up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lekiboboe: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
Goodskills:
Hello everyone, Sorry i might be going out of the general context here but i was thinking if anyone has some information of selling skills/ certification that can be done before moving to Canada which i know tech skills are selling really hot . but certifications or training like AWS , GCP or other cloud computing are different within regions/ countries any one have some information on this. and again for people that are abit free in Nigeria now investment in bootcamps before moving to Canada might not be a bad idea because bootcamps in Canada are very expensive from my research as high as 15,000cad. BTW not only tech Sha because Tech is not for everyone. But there are some easy to enter tech skills what do you think sorry its my first time of posting and I am coming with this long annoying write up
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lekiboboe: 5:13pm On Jan 20, 2021
Good evening HONORABLES

I want to ask this question for first hand information purpose

I was checking out the Step By Step guide for SINP (SINP Point Assessment)

Under the international Skilled Worker

In the EMPLOYMENT OFFER (Job offer Section)

One of the requirement is EDUCATION & TRAINING,

and I saw
- Masters or PHD (Canadian Equivalency) - 23 points
- Bachelor's Degree - 20 points
- Canadian Equivalency certificate or at least two semesters (but less than a two-year program) at a University , College -15 points
- Trade Certification - 20 points
- Canadian Diploma - 15 points

Now my question is ,

For an Applicant who
- had a Bachelor's Degree in Nigeria
- and a One year PG. Cert from a college in Canada

Can such applicant claim points with both degrees or must choose One of them?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by OlakunmiSMELTD: 5:46pm On Jan 20, 2021
Lekiboboe:
Good evening HONORABLES

I want to ask this question for first hand information purpose

I was checking out the Step By Step guide for SINP (SINP Point Assessment)

Under the international Skilled Worker

In the EMPLOYMENT OFFER (Job offer Section)

One of the requirement is EDUCATION & TRAINING,

and I saw
- Masters or PHD (Canadian Equivalency) - 23 points
- Bachelor's Degree - 20 points
- Canadian Equivalency certificate or at least two semesters (but less than a two-year program) at a University , College -15 points
- Trade Certification - 20 points
- Canadian Diploma - 15 points

Now my question is ,

For an Applicant who
- had a Bachelor's Degree in Nigeria
- and a One year PG. Cert from a college in Canada

Can such applicant claim points with both degrees or must choose One of them?

Thanks

Could you paste your telegram name let me help you drop at in SINP telegram group for better and valuable information

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Blacksodje(m): 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2021
Fordashle:

You can PM me for the contact of the lady that helped me with my transcript.

Hi. Can you assist me with your Uniben contact for the collection of transcript?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Canadahome: 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
OlakunmiSMELTD:

@jacken
What are the things that would increase your score?

3. Remember while doing all this please try to start planning for your proof of Fund (POF) For EE you must show 6months bank statement, however, you can also use gift deed which must be from your father or mother attached with a letter saying that we are giving our Buhari son so so amount and we are not taking it back from him. Please no fake bank statements, if you use Oluwole na OYO u dey be that oooooo

Others are mainly not advisable to be worried about for now.
Medical: blood test like Hiv, tuberculosis , eye test

ohhh.

Best of luck

Broa! Good evening sir!

I appreciate your time in helping to respond to questions here.

Kindly note that there is nowhere in IRCC website that they stated that an applicant must submit 6months bank statement. @jacken, kindly take note.

Let's all be sure before we respond to questions here bikonu!

Misinforming someone would be very bad for that person's application.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by sholay2011(m): 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
Any update on the EE draw today please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Keeky08: 6:28pm On Jan 20, 2021
Hello everyone,

Glad to have found this thread. I just decided to start my Canada immigration journey this year and I understand that the first step is ECA. I created an account with WES today but I was unable to make payment. Please is there anyone that had the same issue and what did you Dj to complete the payment?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lekiboboe: 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
OlakunmiSMELTD:

Could you paste your telegram name let me help you drop at in SINP telegram group for better and valuable information
Would appreciate that

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.