Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 - Travel (431) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (1357395 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (729) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by aranymous: 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
Yeah I understand but my sister is still trying to get her WES done, she isn't entering the pool just yet.

Thank you

Betterlife2018:

I think you need to be careful in the part of country of education to avoid requesting for PCC. I think you will need to select Via correspondence somewhere. If you select UK as country only they will ask for police cert. Just take note
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Izen: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2021
Flutterwave cards only work with flutterwave merchants
Keeky08:

You can pay with a Dom account or use a virtual dollar card. To get the virtual dollar card, download barter by flutter wave.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Naughtyvirgin(m): 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2021
You won't be asked for any PCC, just fill the necessary details and get it sent to WES

aranymous:
Yeah I understand but my sister is still trying to get her WES done, she isn't entering the pool just yet.

Thank you

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 7:15pm On Feb 05, 2021
Izen:
Flutterwave cards only work with flutterwave merchants
This is incorrect information...or may I ask where you got this information from? Because that’s what some people are using to pay their fees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by globtex: 7:25pm On Feb 05, 2021
Pls anyone with idea about Semi immigrant Visa?

How does this work?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by purespikes: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2021
Debbieeeeeee:
My IELTS story:
First attempt L 7.5 R 8 W 6.5 S 7
Second attempt L7.5 R8 W7.5 S8.5
Third attempt L7 R9 W7 S8.5
Fourth attempt L8.5 R6 W6 S8
Fifth attempt L8 R8.5 W7.5 S8.5
I’m elated and over the moon.
First attempt I wasn’t prepared at all at all Due to work, I just went to write hoping for the best.
Second attempt I was very prepared but got lost during listening Cbt
Third attempt again got lost during listening cbt
Fourth attempt I took paper and made a silly mistake , I didn’t indent or paragraph my work in writing , I didn’t finish my reading test , tbvh the reading test was very tough this time.
Fifth attempt I put all my mistakes together and forged ahead. I used IELTS Liz mainly , IELTS fast track for listening tips. Then this IELTS master free module that idp gives I used it alongside Liz for writing and that thing was very very helpful. Watched all Liz videos .
Tips for speaking I got it from Don Oliver on the idp IELTS instagram page and that was it.
Thank you for coming to my ted talk. I’m still excited and over the moon.

Congratulations. IELTS is not a joke at all.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 7:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
MissMa01:

This is incorrect information...or may I ask where you got this information from? Because that’s what some people are using to pay their fees.

I wanted to say.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Sulee23(f): 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2021
Nanyashaven:

Hi,

Please how long did it take before you received the report?

Hello, when I did mine then, it took 3months. It is not the same anymore.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Elawnugo: 8:07pm On Feb 05, 2021
Congrats Debbieeeeeee
Debbieeeeeee:
My IELTS story:
First attempt I wasn’t prepared at all at all Due to work, I just went to write hoping for the best.
Fourth attempt I took paper and made a silly mistake , I didn’t indent or paragraph my work in writing , I didn’t finish my reading test , tbvh the reading test was very tough this time.
Fifth attempt I put all my mistakes together and forged ahead. I used IELTS Liz mainly , IELTS fast track for listening tips. Then this IELTS master free module that idp gives I used it alongside Liz for writing and that thing was very very helpful. Watched all Liz videos .
Tips for speaking I got it from Don Oliver on the idp IELTS instagram page and that was it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by angeltolly(f): 8:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
Oluwayeminikans please I sent you a PM, I need an information from you. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by enesty(m): 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
Good day all
Please I read somewhere here that someone with a diploma+bsc sent for Wes evaluation and it was evaluated as one degree. Is there anything I should do before I send my wife own to Wes because she has a 2year diploma+bsc, I hope that they won't both be evaluated by wes as one certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Favourphilic: 9:17pm On Feb 05, 2021
Omo

Congrats Debbiee

Debbieeeeeee:
My IELTS story:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bishopbusayo1(m): 10:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
Good evening family, I am preparing to write another ielts test but can I enter the pool with this result L8R7W6.5S7.5 I had from the test I took last month?. MY eca has been ready since last year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bishopbusayo1(m): 10:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
Congratulations Debbieeeeee

[quote author=Debbieeeeeee post=98767557]

My IELTS story:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Oluwayeminikans: 11:11pm On Feb 05, 2021
angeltolly:
Oluwayeminikans please I sent you a PM, I need an information from you. Thank you
I have replied your email twice already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by senoraaquila(f): 11:29pm On Feb 05, 2021
Wow. Congrats
Debbieeeeeee:
My IELTS story:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Ola2j: 11:55pm On Feb 05, 2021
Kagame:

You can check online, you’d see immigration lawyers with good reviews.

If you decide to go ahead with the consultation, don’t reveal a lot of personally identifiable information, in that way you can walk back if you change your mind about retaining the services of an immigration lawyer.
Use Campbell-cohen. It's the best immigration firm in Canada(I believe) your situation is misrepresentation. Speak to them before you begin. You can even choose not include all five siblings, trust me it's of little impact to their coming to Canada. But the children aspect is the dicey part
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by AyeeshaB: 1:23am On Feb 06, 2021
Even if you have 5 in all sections of IELTS, always enter the pool as soon as you can. There are various reasons such as tie breaker rule and even with low CRS a province can see you and give you nomination. Never waste time. the second you have your ECA and any IELTS score ready, enter the pool. You can always edit the IELTS once your new result is out.

bishopbusayo1:
Good evening family, I am preparing to write another ielts test but can I enter the pool with this result L8R7W6.5S7.5 I had from the test I took last month?. MY eca has been ready since last year

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Phemmy2rule: 2:08am On Feb 06, 2021
AyeeshaB:
Even if you have 5 in all sections of IELTS, always enter the pool as soon as you can. There are various reasons such as tie breaker rule and even with low CRS a province can see you and give you nomination. Never waste time. the second you have your ECA and any IELTS score ready, enter the pool. You can always edit the IELTS once your new result is out.

I thought they said you must have 6,6,6,6 before you can create a profile. I want to be sure please.
AyeeshaB:

AyeeshaB:

I thought they said you must have 6,6,6,6 before you can create a profile. I want to be sure please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Blitzenkreig66: 4:22am On Feb 06, 2021
Just did the EOI and had 465 points, occupation is Optometry. Sadly I will be 33 by Mid May which implies my points will drop

Have questions around the entire process;
- what are the chances of getting called soon before then
- Provincial nomination. How possible & how do I apply?
- My sibling and and one parent are willing to actually give me money to migrate which will add up to the entire sum? Would that be accepted?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Chinoble(f): 5:19am On Feb 06, 2021
MissMa01:

First of all, you really shouldn’t let a stranger hold on to your passport - identity theft is real.
You can run your express entry application with your ‘supposed’ existing visa application just remember to mention it in your application - that’s all. If you want to know where to start from, read page 1 and all the best!
Thanks for the reply.
On holding the passport, the agent said they'd request for it so he needs to hold it and help us submit when they request for it instead of us travelling all the way back to Lagos for that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by donasere(m): 5:20am On Feb 06, 2021
jstemmanex:
Thanks, checked the portal now and confirmed its 7,500.

Please I also saw option of Electronic transcript. Does it matter that the option is now available on the portal?

As at when I did mine it wasn’t available. I advice you reach out to PG school to confirm if it’s actually available before going all the way. If it is then it’s an awesome choice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 6:37am On Feb 06, 2021
Chinoble:

Thanks for the reply.
On holding the passport, the agent said they'd request for it so he needs to hold it and help us submit when they request for it instead of us travelling all the way back to Lagos for that.
There’s courier for that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by MissMa01: 6:37am On Feb 06, 2021
bishopbusayo1:
Yes you can
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Balanceiskey: 7:09am On Feb 06, 2021
Wow!

This is a story of resilience. Congratulations to you Debbie. May the rest of the journey be seamless for you.

I plan to write my IELTS in April, and I am praying that by the grace of God and with the aid of all resources shared by NL, my husband and I will ace the test.

WES evaluation is ongoing.

I can't wait to share my testimony. I am certain it will end in praise.
Debbieeeeeee:
My IELTS story:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Izen: 8:36am On Feb 06, 2021
I tried it myself.

They said their cards only work for their merchants. I'm guessing they don't work with WES.

MissMa01:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by solomonray(m): 8:39am On Feb 06, 2021
Good morning please i have a question. I am a single applicant, and i intend adding my family later post ITA. Is there a place Pre ITA where we add family members unaccompanied (e.g mother, siblings)?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bishopbusayo1(m): 8:41am On Feb 06, 2021
I actually did 2 weeks ago o got a mail that my profile is not eligible I submitted a new profile late yesterday night but after submitting the profile I got the same mail that my profile is not eligible and I successfully completed the eligibility questionnaire, I was confirmed eligible before It availed me to move forward and submit the profile. Please what could I have done wrong?

AyeeshaB:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Lahun: 8:47am On Feb 06, 2021
Hello Guys

I submitted my EE profile some time ago and I lately received an email saying my application status has changes and that to view the changes I have to log into my account, which I did, but there's nothing new in my status.

Has anyone experienced this please? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by bishopbusayo1(m): 8:49am On Feb 06, 2021
I must have done something wrong as I just saw that my overall crs score is 0.

bishopbusayo1:
I actually did 2 weeks ago o got a mail that my profile is not eligible I submitted a new profile late yesterday night but after submitting the profile I got the same mail that my profile is not eligible and I successfully completed the eligibility questionnaire, I was confirmed eligible before It availed me to move forward and submit the profile. Please what could I have done wrong?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 by Goodnigga: 9:23am On Feb 06, 2021
atoleybaba:
did u have any basic knowledge in French before? And how long did it take u to learn French
MY TEF STORY

Sorry guys @atoleybaba, @senoraaquila, @Wishlist & others for late reply, I have been busy with work schedules. I officially started learning French around December 2019 and wrote in August 2020. I am advanced in age and I am a busy man that wants to immigrate to Mapleland. I only have a B.Sc and no Masters, moreover even with masters, it is still not enough. So I opted for French. At that time, it was 30 points bonus for bilingual speakers.
I started from scratch with Tobidam, the school permits working-class people since they have a flexible time. I initially doubted, if an online school will work, but due to the testimonies I have heard about them, I joined. What I liked was that they have a principle of Speak, Write, Read and Listen from the first day. So, from the first day I was being forced to write , speak etc on every class day.
From day 1, I have many class works and a must-do assignments of at least 200 words for writing, also speaking assignments which have to be submitted the next class. Some other days, there are Listening practices on the scheme of work.
Since I must speak with my tutor every day, I practice speaking every 15 minute daily apart from class speaking. For every level from A1- B2, we must write DELF exam in each level and must pass at least 50% covering all the modules to be able to move to the next level. It was very tasking, cos I attended a night class, so I must always do my assignments while in the office to submit the following day as they don’t joke with assignments.
So I started getting used to TEF pattern from the beginning e.g. we were told to speak for 15 min from A1, speak with connectors etc. The grooming is kinda tough but, omo it is worth it and I enjoyed it. I have never worked hard like that in my life!
We used their personal text notes which is very easy to understand though Schaum Outline French was freely given to us. But I prefer their daily class notes.
At B2.2, TEF prep started officially, their TEF prep lasted around 2 months. To summarize I wrote 60 letters, 70 Fait Divers , all 22 CO (listening) , 102 CE text( reading part). I always got tired cramming those long texts as they are too long, but I was given a short cut for memorizing them. . I do daily listening practice with the audios( A1-B2) given us which are very helpful, it helped my hearing ability. I also have language exchange friends online from Speaky that I MUST practice daily with.
Also, I was told to check the last three months TEF exams and check what came out the most and focus on those ones first. Luckily, they all came out. Guys, knowing French is not a guarantee to passing TEF, if not for the TEF main strategies and tips I don’t know what will happen. Before the exam, we did several live simulated mock exams to ascertain my level till I was getting C1 in most of my exams. After much consistency I was told to book for the exam. I learnt for 9 months, though there are others who finished in 6 or 7 months. It depends on your rate of assimilation, dedication and the package you book for. I finally got C1,C1,C1,B2. In addition, the October 50 new CRS points bonus increase , now butter my bread with butter! That was what gave finally gave me the magic!

I also did a quick research for you guys, B.sc gives 30 pts, 2 or more certs gives 33pts, Masters gives 40 pts, PHD gives 55pts while TEF gives between 62-74 points( with IELTS).

Finally guys, TEF is doable, but I must tell you it is not for a lazy or indecisive mind. Let me stop here. For those who want to ask about the packages, other info about the school etc, I am not that current with the lastest info since I have left Tobidam since last year, but you can check their website.
I gotta go now guys, I am hungry.

39 Likes 10 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) ... (729)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.